PDA

View Full Version : Clarett unclaimed off waivers

Uatu
09-01-2005, 10:23 AM
This is from a fantasy update email, it's an interesting tidbit.

** The Denver Post reports former Broncos RB Maurice Clarett went unclaimed off the waiver wire after his official release on Tuesday.

How can an NFL 3rd round pick go completely without employment after his first training camp? What did he do wrong?

The fact that Clarett didn’t even stick to the Broncos 8-man practice squad is baffling. And even more puzzling is the fact that Mike Shanahan obviously saw something when he used that 3rd round pick.

tyton75
09-01-2005, 10:24 AM
I think its freaking funny.... CFL here he comes

ROYC75
09-01-2005, 10:25 AM
The 8 man PS isn't set yet, not till after the 53 cutdown.

chagrin
09-01-2005, 10:27 AM

** The Denver Post reports former Broncos RB Maurice Clarett went unclaimed off the waiver wire after his official release on Tuesday.

How can an NFL 3rd round pick go completely without employment after his first training camp? What did he do wrong?

The fact that Clarett didn’t even stick to the Broncos 8-man practice squad is baffling. And even more puzzling is the fact that Mike Shanahan obviously saw something when he used that 3rd round pick.

Uatu - you usually post some good stuff. Are you serious? Mo sucks! he's slow, has a horrible work ethic, alienated himself from his team while in camp and simply isn't that spectacular to begin with. Everyone agreed that he needed 2 more years in College to improve his speed and strength, then he went and believed in his own hype, thought he was a basketball player and thought he could go directly to the NFL after playing one year in College.

Phobia
09-01-2005, 10:29 AM
If anybody wanted him, they'd have jumped all over that shitty contract he signed. Now he's a street free agent.

I don't really see him being signed, but it's not too late for the Denver practice squad. Betcha that would humble his ass in a hurry.

Uatu
09-01-2005, 10:31 AM
The 8 man PS isn't set yet, not till after the 53 cutdown.

I'm just posting what was sent.

The point was that not one of the remaining 31 NFL teams would even bother with a waiver claim, but the Donks spent a 3rd round pick on him.

It's like when you hear that girl walk into your office talking about the great deal she got on her new car, she only paid $1000 over MSRP

KCTitus
09-01-2005, 10:35 AM
That's a draft pick that almost rivals some of Carl's best.

Mr. Laz
09-01-2005, 10:38 AM
i imagine the donks will try to get him on their PS

it will save a little face and might motivate clarett

tyton75
09-01-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm not a bronco fan.. but at least they dumped him when they realized his mistake... Carl would have held onto him for at least 3 years!

ROYC75
09-01-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm just posting what was sent.

The point was that not one of the remaining 31 NFL teams would even bother with a waiver claim, but the Donks spent a 3rd round pick on him.

It's like when you hear that girl walk into your office talking about the great deal she got on her new car, she only paid $1000 over MSRP

Shanny made a 3rd rounder out of a 6th / 7th round pick......

Phobia
09-01-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm not a bronco fan.. but at least they dumped him when they realized his mistake... Carl would have held onto him for at least 3 years!
Ouch.

KCTitus
09-01-2005, 10:46 AM

LOL...that's funny, I dont care who you are.

RINGLEADER
09-01-2005, 10:48 AM

So true.

Mr. Laz
09-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Shanny made a 3rd rounder out of a 6th / 7th round pick......
sounds like bartee,savaii,freeman,easy,jenkins....

Rain Man
09-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Five years from now, police will shoot him for terrorizing a neighborhood and yelling "Touchdown! Touchdown!" every time he hits a teenage girl.

the Talking Can
09-01-2005, 10:57 AM
Shanahan has an eye for RBs.

Trust him.

Dartgod
09-01-2005, 11:02 AM
That's a draft pick that almost rivals some of Carl's best.
Yep, even Todd Blackledge.

KCTitus
09-01-2005, 11:03 AM

:thumb:

ROYC75
09-01-2005, 11:05 AM

:shake: That not right...just not right. But damn, it's the truth.

stumppy
09-01-2005, 11:10 AM

Bet Taco would.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-01-2005, 11:41 AM
The greatest thing about the Clarett pick is that no donkey fan can ever mention the name Todd Blackledge again.

Taco John
09-01-2005, 11:51 AM
I'd like to get him on the practice squad. I think if they'd had let him join the NFL, he'd have done just fine. Taking a year off killed any chances he had though.

The guy has natural instincts and field vision that you can't coach. He's just not physically there yet, in addition to lacking a great deal in maturity.

I would like to give the guy a chance to work his way up through the practice squad. I have my doubt that he'd be able to muster the maturity to do so, but then, he's got to be feeling a little desperate right now.

chagrin
09-01-2005, 11:54 AM
"The guy has natural instincts and field vision that you can't coach"

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Where was this 'vision' in the preseason and in camp BTW?

Chest Rockwell
09-01-2005, 11:58 AM
I'd like to get him on the practice squad. I think if they'd had let him join the NFL, he'd have done just fine. Taking a year off killed any chances he had though.

The guy has natural instincts and field vision that you can't coach. He's just not physically there yet, in addition to lacking a great deal in maturity.

I would like to give the guy a chance to work his way up through the practice squad. I have my doubt that he'd be able to muster the maturity to do so, but then, he's got to be feeling a little desperate right now.

Honest question:

If maturity would still be the problem now or, say, after working a year on the practice squad, what would lead you to belive he would have been ok as a 20(?) year old attitude/maturity problem?

I'm just having a hard time buying that regardless of his physical condition and intangible talent that he would have or could have ever mustered the attitude and work ethic to put it all together.

Rain Man
09-01-2005, 12:03 PM
As the old saying goes, you can't coach slowness.

Area 51
09-01-2005, 12:04 PM

I could be missing the point here, but I don't think CP drafted Todd.

Area 51
09-01-2005, 12:05 PM

That could have been from the mushrooms he was eating at the time.

Taco John
09-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Honest question:

If maturity would still be the problem now or, say, after working a year on the practice squad, what would lead you to belive he would have been ok as a 20(?) year old attitude/maturity problem?

I'm just having a hard time buying that regardless of his physical condition and intangible talent that he would have or could have ever mustered the attitude and work ethic to put it all together.

Nobody cares about maturity problems when you're racking up thousand yard seasons... Look at Clinton Portis.

carlos3652
09-01-2005, 12:09 PM

CP inside Joke....

Dartgod
09-01-2005, 12:10 PM
ROFL

carlos3652
Nobody cares about maturity problems when you're racking up thousand yard seasons... Look at Clinton Portis.

They got rid of him in the nick of time...

ROYC75
As the old saying goes, you can't coach slowness.

At his stage of the game, he needs to put on some weight and play the line. Linemen are usually slow.....

Can he kick or punt ?

Rain Man
09-01-2005, 12:11 PM

It probably won't be an issue since I don't see Clarett recording a thousand-yard season before the age of 35.

Taco John
09-01-2005, 12:13 PM
"The guy has natural instincts and field vision that you can't coach"

Where was this 'vision' in the preseason and in camp BTW?

On the sidelines with a supposed groin injury.

You can say what you want about the kid's 40 times, and his lack of maturity. But when you drop a line of smilies like that over the bread and butter attributes that carried Ohio State to a national championship, you just look like an idiot. Especially when you follow it up with a question that demonstrates a clear lack of knowledge.

The guy has natural instincts and field vision that you can't coach. That's already established fact. It's maturity and physical ability that the kid is lacking right now. Both, I believe, can be improved with proper work. Whether he is willing to put in that work is what is in question and the reason Shanahan dropped him from the roster.

Taco John
09-01-2005, 12:14 PM
It probably won't be an issue since I don't see Clarett recording a thousand-yard season before the age of 35.

My point was that if he had been allowed to play instead of sitting out a year, I believe he would have.

Area 51
09-01-2005, 12:17 PM

You can say what you want about the kid's 40 times, and his lack of maturity. But when you drop a line of smilies like that over the bread and butter attributes that carried Ohio State to a national championship, you just look like an idiot. Especially when you follow it up with a question that demonstrates a clear lack of knowledge.

The guy has natural instincts and field vision that you can't coach. That's already established fact. It's maturity and physical ability that the kid is lacking right now. Both, I believe, can be improved with proper work. Whether he is willing to put in that work is what is in question and the reason Shanahan dropped him from the roster.

The Denver fall back position!!! Mr. McGroin showed up agin in camp, got Slo Mo this time!!!

Area 51
09-01-2005, 12:18 PM
My point was that if he had been allowed to play instead of sitting out a year, I believe he would have.

If the year was a big problem, why did shanarat draft him? I don't know what was a bigger waste, drafting Slo Mo or TJ!!! Probably run neck and neck!!

Chest Rockwell
09-01-2005, 12:21 PM

Obviously he dosen't have the talent to rack up thousand yard seasons without working his ass off at it.

My question still is since he can't turn those intangibles you mentioned into NFL caliber skills now, what makes you think he could have had he not taken a year off? I'll Lawrence Phillips your Clinton Portis here, as they seem to me to be a better comparison to draw.

chagrin
09-01-2005, 12:26 PM

Taco John, calling me an idiot is not the way to go about a debate.

I am a Big Ten fan and I watched Ohio States games that year and even saw them play in person against Michigan. You never saw him play live in college did you Junior?

He has NEVER been fast, but he was rather elusive IN HIS ONE YEAR playing college ball. Furthermore sport, it wasn't Maurice Clarett that lead them to the title, it was their Defense that year.

I believe you are the one lacking the knowledge. You've got some smarts because I have read your posts, but you are not showing them here, you are simply being a Broncos homer.

BTW
again at your 'Knowledge'

Rain Man
09-01-2005, 12:30 PM
We'll see how he does in Arena League, I guess.

Phobia
09-01-2005, 12:31 PM
I believe you are the one lacking the knowledge. You've got some smarts because I have read your posts, but you are not showing them here, you are simply being a Broncos homer.

Nah - he just hasn't learned how to walk away from an agenda yet.

Pitt Gorilla
09-01-2005, 12:38 PM
The guy has natural instincts and field vision that you can't coach. That's already established fact.Established fact? By who?

Why would you draft a guy in the 3rd round who could have been had as a FA?

Mile High Mania
09-01-2005, 12:51 PM
The greatest thing about the Clarett pick is that no donkey fan can ever mention the name Todd Blackledge again.

Enh, that's a stretch buddy...

Mile High Mania
09-01-2005, 12:55 PM
I want nothing to do with Clarett... later, dude.

Rain Man
09-01-2005, 12:58 PM
In a late-breaking development, I hear that he may not technically be cut. When they told him to report to the Turk's office and bring his playbook, he only got halfway there before he gave up and quit.

Mile High Mania
09-01-2005, 01:18 PM
In a late-breaking development, I hear that he may not technically be cut. When they told him to report to the Turk's office and bring his playbook, he only got halfway there before he gave up and quit.

Ba dum bum (ching)

dirk digler
09-01-2005, 01:27 PM

ROFL

chagrin
09-01-2005, 01:34 PM

ROFL
You just can't coach Lethargy like that!

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Enh, that's a stretch buddy...
Not at all. Blackledge made the team.

Mile High Mania
09-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Not at all. Blackledge made the team.

Yeah, but should he have... I mean, Clarett was just a late 3rd rounder that didn't make the team.

Blackledge was a first rounder (right) and played 5 seasons in KC ... never more than 12 games in a season. Never more than 1700 yards passing... No more than 10 TD passes in a season.

| 1983 kan | 4 | 20 34 58.8 259 7.6 3 0 | 1 0 0 |
| 1984 kan | 11 | 147 294 50.0 1707 5.8 6 11 | 18 102 1 |
| 1985 kan | 12 | 86 172 50.0 1190 6.9 6 14 | 17 97 0 |
| 1986 kan | 10 | 96 211 45.5 1200 5.7 10 6 | 23 60 0 |
| 1987 kan | 3 | 15 31 48.4 154 5.0 1 1 | 5 21 0 |
| 1988 pit | 3 | 38 79 48.1 494 6.3 2 3 | 8 25 1 |
| 1989 pit | 3 | 22 60 36.7 282 4.7 1 3 | 9 20 0 |
+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
| TOTAL | 46 | 424 881 48.1 5286 6.0 29 38 | 81 325 2

What's worse? A 1st round talent puttin up those stats or a 3rd rounder not making the team?

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Yeah, but should he have...
Apparently your coaching staff thought mo should have too.

Taco John
09-01-2005, 02:18 PM

I am a Big Ten fan and I watched Ohio States games that year and even saw them play in person against Michigan. You never saw him play live in college did you Junior?

He has NEVER been fast, but he was rather elusive IN HIS ONE YEAR playing college ball. Furthermore sport, it wasn't Maurice Clarett that lead them to the title, it was their Defense that year.

BTW

Dude. I never said he was fast... I said he had field vision and instinct... You know... THAT WHICH MAKES HIM ELUSIVE.

You got owned and you didn't even realize it.

Mile High Mania
09-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Apparently your coaching staff thought mo should have too.

Well, obviously a coach hopes that most draft picks make the team... check out my post again, I edited it with stats. What's worse your spare 1st round QB making the team and doing nothing for 5 year or Denver's reach in R3 not making the team?

Mile High Mania
09-01-2005, 02:20 PM
I think the most important piece to this thread is this...

There was a "fantasy update" released and it wasted text talking about this guy?

Chest Rockwell
If the Chiefs hadn't taken Blackledge in the first round, someone else would have.

If the Broncos hadn't taken Clarett in the third, would anyone else have taken him at all?

Dr. Johnny Fever
Well, obviously a coach hopes that most draft picks make the team... check out my post again, I edited it with stats. What's worse your spare 1st round QB making the team and doing nothing for 5 year or Denver's reach in R3 not making the team?
Yea... I saw your stats. That's a lot of work to do just to try and prove our worst draft pick ever sucked more than your worst draft pick ever.

Bottom line... Blackledge played... mo didn't make it out of the pre-season.

Mile High Mania
09-01-2005, 02:21 PM
If the Chiefs hadn't taken Blackledge in the first round, someone else would have.

If the Broncos hadn't taken Clarett in the third, would anyone else have taken him at all?

We'll never know, but I heard that teams like Dallas and 1 or 2 others were considering taking him in R5 possibly. Denver didn't have picks in the next 2 rounds (IIRC) and so they took a chance.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-01-2005, 02:21 PM

There you go. Thanks for making my point better than I did Chesty.

I feel dirty calling you that...

Mile High Mania
09-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Yea... I saw your stats. That's a lot of work to do just to try and prove our worst draft pick ever sucked more than your worst draft pick ever.

Bottom line... Blackledge played... mo didn't make it out of the pre-season.

ROFL Wasn't a lot of work, just a few clicks... cut and paste. I wouldn't say Clarett is Denver's worst pick ever... I think I still save that for Tommy Maddox in the early 90s. Denver could have given Elway what he needed... a guy like Carl Pickens, but they chose the sophomore QB from Cal.

"...Blackledge played..." Hell, Marcus Nash 'played', it doesn't make his draft selection or NFL career any more glamorous than Clarett.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-01-2005, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't say Clarett is Denver's worst pick ever...
Then that's the truly sad part.

I'm now finished with this futile excerise in measuring one anothers futility.

Saulbadguy
09-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Why are we comparing draft picks made 20+ years apart?

Taco John
09-01-2005, 02:29 PM
What? Someone actually believes that Clarett is our worst draft pick ever?

How can that even be? He was a free pick at the end of a round for one. For two, he was a free pick at the end of the THIRD ROUND.

I understand the Clarett hate, and relishing in the fact that our third round pick didn't pan out... But you guys are drinking some bad Koolaid if you think he's our worst draft pick ever. I can think of several that were far worse.

Chest Rockwell
09-01-2005, 02:30 PM
I'm just trying to figure out the best way to actually evaluate a "bust." You'd think being a KC fans, we'd have a pretty good system in place...which is why I'm staying (mostly) out of the Blackledge v. Clarett thing here (you'll notice I offered no opinion, just posed a question) glass houses, stones and all...

Taco John
09-01-2005, 02:30 PM

Because some of the more moronic Chiefs fans believe that Clarett going bust somehow erases the chalk board for the Chiefs...

ptlyon
09-01-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm just trying to figure out the best way to actually evaluate a "bust." You'd think being a KC fans, we'd have a pretty good system in place...which is why I'm staying (mostly) out of the Blackledge v. Clarett thing here (you'll notice I offered no opinion, just posed a question) glass houses, stones and all...

Don't make Titus whip out the Lexicon on your azz...

Mile High Mania
09-01-2005, 02:35 PM

Ask beer me ... he brought it up.

Chest Rockwell
09-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Don't make Titus whip out the Lexicon on your azz...

Believe me, I don't want Titus (or anyone else for that matter) whipping their ANYTHING out on MY ass.

Area 51
09-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Dude. I never said he was fast... I said he had field vision and instinct... You know... THAT WHICH MAKES HIM ELUSIVE.

chagrin owned by a mo-ron from denver?

I DON'T THINK SO, YOU'VE BEEN OWNED SINCE INVADING THE ONCE PEACEFUL PLANET. DON'T WORRY....BE HAPPY....JUST BE HAPPY ON THE MAINS PLAIN BOARD!

Area 51
09-01-2005, 02:42 PM

Because that's the best donkeys can do to compare bad draft choices by the Chiefs. Our drafts over the years have left us wanting more, but this one by denver defies comprehension!!!

Area 51
09-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Because some of the more moronic Chiefs fans believe that Clarett going bust somehow erases the chalk board for the Chiefs...

You are wrong again old unwise one. That is just what you want to read into the discussion. Clarett just sucks and you can't handle that without trying to pin the blame on the Chiefs in some manner. Go away will you?

Taco John
09-01-2005, 02:46 PM
chagrin owned by a mo-ron from denver?

I DON'T THINK SO, YOU'VE BEEN OWNED SINCE INVADING THE ONCE PEACEFUL PLANET. DON'T WORRY....BE HAPPY....JUST BE HAPPY ON THE MAINS PLAIN BOARD!

Dude who are you? And welcome to the Planet by the way.

Taco John
09-01-2005, 02:47 PM
You are wrong again old unwise one. That is just what you want to read into the discussion. Clarett just sucks and you can't handle that without trying to pin the blame on the Chiefs in some manner. Go away will you?

You're an interesting fellow... What grade are you in?

Pitt Gorilla
09-01-2005, 02:55 PM
The point, from my perspective, is that you, Taco, defended the pick. All teams make mistakes in the draft, as has been noted. The difference is that I thought Trezelle Jenkins sucked and was a bad pick from day one. I didn't defend him as a good pick. He stunk and I, like many others, saw it coming a mile away. I also thought Clarett would go undrafted due to his speed (or lack thereof), attitude, fatass, and lack of playing experience. You chose to defend it. Now you have to eat the crow. To me, that is what this whole "thing" is about.

PS
We had a thread where we all admitted when we were wrong about players. Maybe, you should come clean (you could also include your thoughts on Kennison).

dirk digler
09-01-2005, 03:00 PM
The point, from my perspective, is that you, Taco, defended the pick. All teams make mistakes in the draft, as has been noted. The difference is that I thought Trezelle Jenkins sucked and was a bad pick from day one. I didn't defend him as a good pick. He stunk and I, like many others, saw it coming a mile away. I also thought Clarett would go undrafted due to his speed (or lack thereof), attitude, fatass, and lack of playing experience. You chose to defend it. Now you have to eat the crow. To me, that is what this whole "thing" is about.

PS
We had a thread where we all admitted when we were wrong about players. Maybe, you should come clean (you could also include your thoughts on Kennison).

TJ wrong? Never. :shake:

Mile High Mania
09-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Because that's the best donkeys can do to compare bad draft choices by the Chiefs. Our drafts over the years have left us wanting more, but this one by denver defies comprehension!!!

If you're going to show up late... at least get it right. A Chief fan started the talk.

chagrin
09-01-2005, 03:06 PM

Are you even reading you entire posts? You are using my words to claim victory? You are perhaps more dumb than even I imagined, or just have had too much of the Broncos cornbread today.

Excuse me son, but where did you OWN me again? You mean by playing semantics about not actually using the word 'Fast' in your post? I disagree, go back to MY post, where I rebuffed your "knowledge" with ACTUAL knowledge and you will see that if anyone got owned junior, it was YOU. Please address my entire post before you start claiming victory.

BTW
Giggitty! Giggitty!

stevieray
09-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Good!

Who really gives a shit..? His greed bit him in the ass.

Bottom line, it was a wasted pick by the Invescos, that's always a good thing.

dirk digler
09-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Good!

Who really gives a shit..? His greed bit him in the ass.

Bottom line, it was a wasted pick by the Invescos, that's always a good thing.

Yep. :thumb:

Area 51
09-01-2005, 03:09 PM
You're an interesting fellow... What grade are you in?

I'm in a class all to myself unlike you that has no class.

Area 51
09-01-2005, 03:11 PM
If you're going to show up late... at least get it right. A Chief fan started the talk.

My comment got your whizzer spinning.

I've been watching the whole argument. I will never side with someone that chooses to ruin their life and be a fan of the donkeeys.

If you can't understand the comments, just be cool and stay away from responding, it makes you look silly. That was redundant, donkee fan and silly....yep redundant!

Taco John
09-01-2005, 03:13 PM

PS

Kennison is a loser and sucks as a WR. He couldn't break our roster. Not sure where you're going with that.

I definitely defended the Clarett pick. I still don't have a problem with it. I knew it was a gamble then, and I know it was a gamble now. It was a free pick.

I still hope we put the guy on our practice squad. I think he's got potential, but that he's got a lot of growing up to do. I don't know what you want from me past that. I'm pretty much unmoved by the whole ordeal because it was a free pick at the end of the third round. If we drafted him with our first round pick, I'd be very upset.

Taco John
09-01-2005, 03:15 PM
Are you even reading you entire posts? You are using my words to claim victory? You are perhaps more dumb than even I imagined, or just have had too much of the Broncos cornbread today.

Excuse me son, but where did you OWN me again? You mean by playing semantics about not actually using the word 'Fast' in your post? I disagree, go back to MY post, where I rebuffed your "knowledge" with ACTUAL knowledge and you will see that if anyone got owned junior, it was YOU. Please address my entire post before you start claiming victory.

BTW
Giggitty! Giggitty!

Semantics? You're arguing XYZ, when I said ABC. I never called the kid fast. I said he had field vision and insticnt. You countered this by telling me he was elusive... WELL NO SHIT. That's where I owned you, pops. The part where you confirmed exactly what I was saying.

chagrin
09-01-2005, 03:16 PM
What a marroon, you own nothing but the clothes on your back junior. You didn't beat me at anything. We all know it, either address my ENTIRE POST or just Go home now.

I recall words like clear lack of knowledge, which I addressed. I said he was rather elusive IN COLLEGE for ONE YEAR and that his team DID NOT WIN the title because of HIM but because of HIS DEFENSE, which you have failed to recognize.

You have been owned TJ, you can't win this one with semantics. I throw out Knowledge and facts and you hide behind smoke and mirrors, your entire history here has proven that.

Kclee
09-01-2005, 03:17 PM
I'm in a class all to myself unlike you that has no class.

FTR, Taco has always let the Mane be a home away from home when the Planet would go down. I'd say that shows some class. Sure, he's an ass sometimes :) , but aren't we all?

Taco John
09-01-2005, 03:18 PM
FTR, Taco has always let the Mane be a home away from home when the Planet would go down. I'd say that shows some class. Sure, he's an ass sometimes :) , but aren't we all?

Let the noob have his fun...

chagrin
09-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Let the noob have his fun...

And again, when you lose, you go to the n00b phase of your argument. Calling me a n00b somehow makes you look better? That is funny, hiding behind your tenure...coward

Listen TJ, if you truly 'owned' me, I would gladly give you respect for that, I wouldn't hide and cry about it. I am a humble man, and have no problem admitting when I am wrong or lose an argument or debate. I see nothing here to prove you owned jack, and ever do own jack.

Mile High Mania
09-01-2005, 03:23 PM
My comment got your whizzer spinning.

I've been watching the whole argument. I will never side with someone that chooses to ruin their life and be a fan of the donkeeys.

If you can't understand the comments, just be cool and stay away from responding, it makes you look silly. That was redundant, donkee fan and silly....yep redundant!

Look, you're a newbie... I understand you're trying to be cool, but stay out of my yard. You don't want any. Cut your teeth on gochiefs.

Taco John
09-01-2005, 03:24 PM
What a marroon, you own nothing but the clothes on your back junior. You didn't beat me at anything. We all know it, either address my ENTIRE POST or just Go home now.

Most of your post didn't connect with anything meaningful, and had nothng to do with anything I was saying...

I said the kid had field vision and instinct that couldn't be coached. You laughed at that idea for some strange reason, and then later confirmed this very thing by saying he was elusive...

None of the other stuff you said connected with anything. Something about how you watched him run in college... wonderful... and I don't know what else. What part are you throwing this fit about that I didn't address?

Taco John
09-01-2005, 03:26 PM
And again, when you lose, you go to the n00b phase of your argument.

Lose?

I said the guy had field vision and instinct. You laughed at me and then said he was elusive. You got owned. Not by me... By yourself. You walked into a wall.

chagrin
09-01-2005, 03:28 PM
dude, if you won't go back to it, I will not force you. I was just addressing your words, you choose not to go back and adrress my response but claim owning me, I need to stand up for myself, that's what I did. I don't need to keep going on with this. I mean Maurice Clarett? HA! I will always have the last laugh with this one, always. No problems from my end, just playing along.

Taco John
09-01-2005, 03:32 PM
I was just addressing your words,

Actually, that's the part that got you in trouble. You WEREN'T addressing my words. You were making things up and saying they were my words. For instance, I never called Maurice "fast." Yet you made the claim that I did.

Mile High Mania
09-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Bottom line... Clarett is no longer a part of the NFL, so we shouldn't be wasting energy on him.

I'm out.

Taco John
09-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Alright... Here is your post that you NEED addressed word for word...

I didn't call you an idiot, though from our exchange so far, it would have proven to be right.

Who cares if you're a big ten fan? Who cares if you watched him live? What does any of this matter?

I never once said he was fast. I did say he had good field vision and instinct... Which is the stuff that elusiveness is built out of.

Once you called Maurice elusive, you were owned.

BTW

Childish too...

ROYC75
09-01-2005, 03:38 PM
he was elusive...

Oh he is every bit of that.... so elusive he dodged that big contract and a roster spot.

Taco John
09-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Oh he is every bit of that.... so elusive he dodged that big contract and a roster spot.

Yup. Saved us a bunch of money.

I'd be bothered if we were in a tight spot right now because of this gamble. But we're not. We have the best looking team in the AFC West coming out of the preseason, and enough depth at runningback to not even think twice about cutting this guy.

I wish he would have panned out, but oh well... Maybe we can get him on the practice squad.

Rain Man
09-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Is it possible that Clarett is really a good guy, and he was just so depressed about being drafted by the Broncos that he couldn't drag himself to work in the mornings? I know I'd feel that way.

teedubya
09-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Is it possible that Clarett is really a good guy, and he was just so depressed about being drafted by the Broncos that he couldn't drag himself to work in the mornings? I know I'd feel that way.

Id say this is a fairly plausible scenario.

jettio
09-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Considering how Eddie Kennison has been the best WR for the league's elite offense for the last three years, it is safe to say that Shanahan is not the kind of coach that will help a player with personal problems turn their situation around and reach their potential.

Shanahan can only coach the readily coachable, he should have realized that before drafting Clarett.

Pitt Gorilla
09-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Yup. Saved us a bunch of money.

I'd be bothered if we were in a tight spot right now because of this gamble. But we're not. We have the best looking team in the AFC West coming out of the preseason, and enough depth at runningback to not even think twice about cutting this guy.

I wish he would have panned out, but oh well... Maybe we can get him on the practice squad.
You bring up a good point; with the backs you already have, why waste a pick on this tard? You claim the pick was "free," but that "free" pick could have netted you some talent where you need it elsewhere on the roster.

Area 51
09-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Look, you're a newbie... I understand you're trying to be cool, but stay out of my yard. You don't want any. Cut your teeth on gochiefs.

Want some cheese with that whine?

Taco John
09-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Want some cheese with that whine?

There's no doubt that you deliver on the cheese...

chagrin
09-01-2005, 05:50 PM
"Alright... Here is your post that you NEED addressed word for word...

I didn't call you an idiot, though from our exchange so far, it would have proven to be right."

Nice try but I have not made one idiotic post on this subject yet. Prove it.

"Who cares if you're a big ten fan? Who cares if you watched him live? What does any of this matter?"

It matters, dipshit, because I have seen him play, live, you have not. It matters because what fans do when they are a fan and try to debate something they have the FACTS to back up claims of superiority instead of nothing other than semantics. Anyone knows that.
tj=owned

"I never once said he was fast. I did say he had good field vision and instinct... Which is the stuff that elusiveness is built out of."

Elusiveness does not always equal NFL success; see Blair Thomas

"Once you called Maurice elusive, you were owned."

He WAS elusive one year in college, that was it. IF he still was, he would be playing for someone right now, wouldn't he. Oh yeah, he GOT CUT in preseason!
TJ=owned

Childish too...

P.S. I like how you 'forgot' to mention this little nugget from my post. Another fact that you left out because YOU my friend, are owned on it.

"But when you drop a line of smilies like that over the bread and butter attributes that carried Ohio State to a national championship."

As I mentioned before, when you were busy NOT watching college football, the Ohio State Defense was busy carrying their team to the National Championship, NOT Maurice Clarett.
TJ = Owned

So, after reciting the facts, the only dude owned hear junior, is you.

P.S. I was reading yet another misquote by you a few posts up. You said that I claimed you said he was fast. Please present the text that says that.
tj=owned again

Good night junior, take your vitamins and try again tomorrow.

Mi_chief_fan
09-01-2005, 06:00 PM
I go away for a while, and when I come back donkey fans are still here defending yet another stupid move by the rat.

I suppose some of them are still expecting a pro bowl year from Jake the Fake, and that Quentin Griffin will be the next Barry Sanders.

But at least they got rid of the next Ron Dayne-if only ro keep the original for some reason.