PDA

View Full Version : Offensive concerns

bobbything
09-02-2005, 09:58 PM
My main concern comes from hearing Vermeil say he was concerned about he offense. I don't know if it's from an execution standpoint, or simply that all 134 of our QB's are injured. However, I've always had concerns with this offense come the first few games of the season.

Namely because Saunders insists on dumbing it down during the preseason. I know he doesn't want to "give anything away," but, seriously, it's no secret what KC does on offense. Because of this, the starters don't get any game experience running the "real" plays. This is what I attributed to the sloppy play from Green the last few seasons early on. Not to mention I can probably count on one hand how many times Green and Co. have actually practiced in the last 4 weeks.

Maybe my concerns are without merit (and I hope they are), but, considering the strength of the teams we play the first few games, I would think that a little game experience utilizing a few plays out of their "War and Peace" offensive playbook might help this team get off to a solid start.

Archie Bunker
09-02-2005, 10:02 PM
I believe the offense will start out slow like it always does but I truely believe this defense can keep in the game and allow the offense to come around.

Once the dust clears and everything starts clicking RT is the only real concern IMO.

BigRock
09-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Namely because Saunders insists on dumbing it down during the preseason. I know he doesn't want to "give anything away," but, seriously, it's no secret what KC does on offense.

There could be "secrets"... teams haven't seen any of the plays written around Kris Wilson, or plays with Priest and LJ in together, or even plays that take advantage of Sammy Parker instead of having old man Morton in there. There's a lot they could give away.