PDA

View Full Version : Gun, sideline or booth

Wile_E_Coyote
09-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Should Gun be down on the sideline or up in the booth?

RedDread
09-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Booth

All my best memories of gun for me were him stewing up there with one hand on his forehead, looking like he had just witnessed a death in the family

FRCDFED
09-03-2005, 09:52 AM
From the booth you can see plays unfold better. There were a couple of times where he dropped too many linebackers into zone coverage where one should've been blitzing. It was easy to pick out from the 4th level but probably hard to see from the sideline.

I believe I saw at least two occasions where this happened and the Rams QB had too much time to throw. On one play there was a safety, CB, and Boomer all three within a 10 yd area. Boomer was trying to read the QB's eyes and drop back. It didn't maximize Boomers potential. I believe he could've been blitzing and probably gotten a sack out of the play.

Just my .02

Sure-Oz
09-03-2005, 09:52 AM
id rather have him down there getting in their face when needed!

trndobrd
09-03-2005, 09:57 AM
I don't see "both" as an option.

He should probably be up in the booth, but I wouldn't mind seeing him down on the field for the first few games to get a feel for the players

Hydrae
09-03-2005, 11:35 AM
I think last year showed that he needs to be on the field level in direct contact with his players.

Chiefaholic
09-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Gunther SHOULD be in the booth to have a better vision of the field. But the defense NEEDS him to be on the sideline to light a fire under their asses.

Tribal Warfare
09-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Gun Should be on the sideline to light a fire under the players asses when they start slacking off.