PDA

View Full Version : Guess which D Lineman just became available?

Braincase
09-03-2005, 02:26 PM
I'm not saying his name.... nope.... I ain't gonna say it.

Skip Towne
09-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Hugh Douglas?

|Zach|
09-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Joe Phillips?

jAZ
09-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Hugh Douglas?

Eagles Sign McCants, Waive Douglas, Ritchie
Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The Philadelphia Eagles signed wide receiver Darnerien McCants while waiving defensive end Hugh Douglas, fullback Jon Ritchie, and 15 others, as the team established its 53-man roster.

McCants, who caught 53 passes and scored eight touchdowns with the Redskins from 2002 through 2004, will enhance a receiving corps that was negatively impacted by the season-ending Achilles injury to starting wideout Todd Pinkston early in training camp.

Douglas and Ritchie, meanwhile were the big names excised on the NFL's final "cut-down day."

Douglas, a three-time Pro Bowler who started three games as an Eagle last year, recorded 15 tackles and three sacks for the 2004 NFC Champion. The 34- year-old Douglas has started 108 games and recorded 80 sacks in 10 seasons with the Jets, Eagles, and Jaguars.

Ritchie was attempting to recover from a knee injury that sidelined him for the final 13 games of the 2004 season. The eight-year pro caught 17 passes and scored three touchdowns after moving from the Raiders to the Eagles in 2003. Josh Parry, who took over when Ritchie was injured last season, is now the lone fullback on the active roster.

Also waived were the following 15 players: center Dominic Furio, wide receiver Michael Gasperson, quarterback Andy Hall, defensive tackle Norm Heuer, center Jamaal Jackson, punter Sean Landeta, defensive tackle Keyonta Marshall, linebacker Martin Patterson, wide receiver Carlos Perez, cornerback/wideout Robert Redd, guard Steve Sciullo, wide receiver Chauncey Stovall, tight end Andy Thorn, guard Scott Young, and cornerback Aric Williams.

Defensive end Jamaal Green (foot) and cornerback Linj Shell (foot) were waived/injured.

In addition, the team announced that it had activated punter Dirk Johnson from the Physically Unable To Perform list.

Philadelphia will open its season on Sept. 12, when it visits the Atlanta Falcons.

siberian khatru
09-03-2005, 03:01 PM
I was really, really hoping those Saleamua-out-of-retirement rumors were true.

Damn you, Rhonda Athan!!!

FloridaChief
09-03-2005, 03:19 PM
Oh for f*ck's sake, could a MOD clean up all the DouglASS threads and combine into one. Chit! All are sick of it.

:deevee:

Please summarize this thread for me and then delete, as it is stupid.

Link?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Derrick Ransom?

HolmeZz
09-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Junior Siavii?

Braincase
09-03-2005, 03:27 PM
I saw Roy's thread just after I posted this one. Yeah, I wasn't going to say THAT name after everything we went round and round with 2 years ago.

American Hero, and all the other famous threads regarding the guy who is afraid of lake monsters in Seattle, and tanked after he did get a free agent contract with Jacksonville (?) then went back, a failure, to the Eagles.

I think I once swore I'd never mention his name on the Planet, but I couldn't hyelp notice the quick decline of a Mr. H.D.

Sorry if this thread pissed anybody off.