PDA

View Full Version : Fujita traded .......

ROYC75
09-03-2005, 04:31 PM
To the Cowboys for a 6th and an conditional pick in 2007 .

royr17
09-03-2005, 04:32 PM
The Dallas Cowboys released 15 players and placed Justin Beriault and Kalen Thornton on injured reserve today. In addition, the club traded a sixth round draft choice in 2006 and a conditional draft choice in 2007 to Kansas City for outside linebacker Scott Fujita.

Fujita has started 41 of the Chiefs last 43 games at strongside linebacker. Fujita led the Chiefs in tackles in each of the last two years with 112 stops in 2004 and 151 in 2003. His 151 tackles in 2003 was the fifth highest total in franchise history. Originally a fifth-round draft choice (143rd overall) by the Chiefs out of California in 2002. As a rookie, he finished second on the team with 15 special teams tackles.

FloridaChief
09-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Link, tk?...

siberian khatru
09-03-2005, 04:33 PM
At least we got something for him.

Too bad. I really liked Fooj when we drafted him, thought he showed some promise his first year or two.

jspchief
09-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Sucks to lose the experience, but it's another step towards the next generation defense.

At least we got something.

jspchief
09-03-2005, 04:34 PM
By the way, my $200 authentic Scott Fujita jersey will look nice in the closet next to my $200 authentic Donnie Edwards jersey.

Which LB do you guys want to lose next? I'll go get his jersey.

ROYC75
09-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Link, tk?...

Cowboys site ......

Bwana
By the way, my $200 authentic Scott Fujita jersey will look nice in the closet next to my $200 authentic Donnie Edwards jersey.

If Bells shoulder is seriously dinged, that would be a wise choice.

PastorMikH
I have mixed feelings. On one hand, it is good to get something out of him. He has really dropped on the roster and he's down to just a year or two on his contract.

On the other hand, a sixth rounder seems a bit light in my opinion for what he has shown in the past. I wonder what the provisional in 2007 will be.

Chieficus

Just whatever you do, stay away from the Derrick John jersies...

siberian khatru
09-03-2005, 04:37 PM
I have mixed feelings. On one hand, it is good to get something out of him. He has really dropped on the roster and he's down to just a year or two on his contract.

On the other hand, a sixth rounder seems a bit light in my opinion for what he has shown in the past. I wonder what the provisional in 2007 will be.

A No. 2-DT-bust-to-be-named-later.

FloridaChief
09-03-2005, 04:38 PM

I'll hang my Shawn Barber jersey up next to yours; bet he's the next to go...

tk13
09-03-2005, 04:39 PM
We got more than that out of R-Kal Truluck. I guess that depends on what the conditional pick is.

Mr. Laz
09-03-2005, 04:40 PM

yep ...

maybe it will be a 3rd rounder like philly did to us for that dog legged, steriod pumping guard-turned-tackle-turned-guard?

booger
09-03-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm sure the conditional pick is determined by mostly if he resigns with them after this season.

PastorMikH
09-03-2005, 04:41 PM
A No. 2-DT-bust-to-be-named-later.

You mean like the last one we got when we did some swaping with the Cowboys?

Hoover
09-03-2005, 04:51 PM
He was what a 5th round pick coming in? I'll take a 6th rounder for him. I would rather go with Fox and other LBs who seem to fit Guns system anyway. I wish scott the best.

Coach
09-03-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm sure the conditional pick is determined by mostly if he resigns with them after this season.

And also how he perform for Dallas IIRC.

Ultra Peanut
09-03-2005, 05:03 PM
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJ!

:(

HolmeZz
09-03-2005, 05:25 PM
:( I'll miss him.

cdcox
09-03-2005, 05:28 PM
I guess the Chiefs don't believe in affirmative action. He was our only Japanese player.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2005, 05:28 PM
HolmeZz, there's a new pic of Colquitt in my game pics thread. You might want to use it. If you want the watermark removed I might be able to do it.

Ultra Peanut
09-03-2005, 05:29 PM
HolmeZz, there's a new pic of Colquitt in my game pics thread. You might want to use it.Please do. The only urnge I can tolerate on my screen is CR's Jim Bob Cooter Rooter pic.

HolmeZz
09-03-2005, 05:44 PM
HolmeZz, there's a new pic of Colquitt in my game pics thread. You might want to use it. If you want the watermark removed I might be able to do it.

Nah, that's ok. I've been fixing to take my sig in a whole new direction soon anyway.

penchief
09-03-2005, 05:51 PM
I wish him luck but my two brothers are both huge cowboy fans and I'm gonna hate having to hear about how they stole Fuj from us. My one brother always liked him a lot anyways so I'm sure he's real happy.

Oh well, I guess it's karma for my bros always having to hear from me how we stole TRich from them.

Zebedee DuBois
09-03-2005, 05:58 PM
I wish him luck but my two brothers are both huge cowboy fans and I'm gonna hate having to hear about how they stole Fuj from us. My one brother always liked him a lot anyways so I'm sure he's real happy.

Oh well, I guess it's karma for my bros always having to hear from me how we stole TRich from them.

Cowboys fans are most obnoxious.

Chan93lx50
09-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Gun, never like the guy, but I never Knew why, so its no surprise that he is gone!

Anybody have any good reasoning why Gun disliked Fooj?

Kylo Ren
09-03-2005, 06:15 PM
I like this move. We've got plenty of good young LBs.

Skip Towne
09-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Gun, never like the guy, but I never Knew why, so its no surprise that he is gone!

Anybody have any good reasoning why Gun disliked Fooj?
Cause he sucks?

KCChiefsMan
09-03-2005, 06:37 PM

just wait till somebody takes their number and cover the name on the back with tape or something and write the new name in!!! :)

Red Dawg
09-03-2005, 06:45 PM
WTF did we do that for? He's got two straight 100 tackle seasons. I realize he is back up material this year for sure but he gives us good depth because of his experience. I don't like this move.

keg in kc
09-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Good, good. I'm glad we got something for him. It's nice to have so much there that we can afford to let a guy go.

chiefs4me
09-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Hate to lose him from the chiefs....but hello Scotty..I will now get to see him play every week......PBJ

chiefs4me
09-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Good, good. I'm glad we got something for him. It's nice to have so much there that we can afford to let a guy go.

ROFL

keg in kc
09-03-2005, 07:22 PM
I didn't realize I'd said anything funny.

milkman
09-03-2005, 07:28 PM
I didn't realize I'd said anything funny.

She's easily amused by her own confusion.

keg in kc
09-03-2005, 07:30 PM
She's easily amused by her own confusion.As are the rest of us.

milkman
09-03-2005, 07:32 PM
As are the rest of us.

I'm never confused.

WTH are you talking about, Parker? :cuss:

:)

keg in kc
09-03-2005, 07:34 PM
I meant that we're all entertained by her confusion/delusion.

milkman
09-03-2005, 07:40 PM

psst....I knew that, I was just doing my best C4Me impression.
Obviously not all that good.

keg in kc
09-03-2005, 07:41 PM
I'm confused. What?

ROYC75
09-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Hate to lose him from the chiefs....but hello Scotty..I will now get to see him play every week......PBJ

I take it you couldn't get the Chiefs each week ? No Direct TV ?

Kerberos
09-03-2005, 09:38 PM

No Sunday Ticket is more probable!

:D

alanm
09-03-2005, 10:05 PM

Considering that we could have possibly had got a 2nd rnd pick for him and didn't I'm happy.
If we'd of got a 2nd for him then we'd really been screwed. :p

alanm
09-03-2005, 10:11 PM

He's not a Chief so I don't know if you'd have the bad ju-ju with him, that is, if you really have the talent to curse a player, but I'd be more than happy if you'd go out and buy a Al Wilson or Ian Gold or DJ Williams jersey. :D :thumb:

Wallcrawler
09-04-2005, 01:45 AM
I cant believe that move.

When youre trying to improve your defense, how is it that you get rid of your leading tackler the past two seasons?

He may not have gotten to start, but he was very good depth. He looked better on his worst day than Keyaron Fox ever looked on his best.

A sixth rounder is pretty pathetic compensation for giving up depth like that.

At least they were smart and dealt him to the NFC, so he wont be divulging any trade secrets to a team in the AFC West division.

beer bacon
09-04-2005, 01:48 AM

When youre trying to improve your defense, how is it that you get rid of your leading tackler the past two seasons?

He may not have gotten to start, but he was very good depth. He looked better on his worst day than Keyaron Fox ever looked on his best.

At least they were smart and dealt him to the NFC, so he wont be divulging any trade secrets to a team in the AFC West division.

It sure shows a lot of confidence in our new talent. Lets hope that confidence proves to be justified.

Bob Dole
09-04-2005, 03:58 AM
So we give a 5th round pick for Carlos Hall who has 81 tackles in 3 full seasons, but only get a 6th and a conditional for our leading tackler?

Savvy.

ROYC75
09-04-2005, 09:03 AM
So we give a 5th round pick for Carlos Hall who has 81 tackles in 3 full seasons, but only get a 6th and a conditional for our leading tackler?

Savvy.

Hey, it's like the USA trade deficit.

the Talking Can
09-04-2005, 09:05 AM
sounds like a steal...for the Cowboys

Sure-Oz
09-04-2005, 09:44 AM
fujita was a pretty solid LB hopefully the cond. pick will be decent.

Big Slick
09-04-2005, 10:27 AM

Savvy.

Apples and oranges. Tennessee wasn't about to dump Hall on the open market. To get anything out of somebody we were about to cut is a bonus. Argue the cut if you want, but getting a couple picks out of him at this stage is a good thing.

chiefs4me
09-04-2005, 10:48 AM

I could if I wanted....but the warden gives me a choice.....he says I am to involved in sports and spend to much money on it...so I have to choose between direct tv...or 4 to 5 in person stars games a year...So I choose my stars....nothing in the world like being at a hockey game...They usually broadcast half of the games, and I listen to the rest. I am not passing up going to hockey games just to watch tv.....

chiefs4me
09-04-2005, 10:49 AM

Glad I could help.....:rolleyes:

Tinlar
09-04-2005, 10:50 AM
I was pissed when I saw this.

Write this down. Tinlar says that this is a bone headed move that we will regret within 2 years.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-04-2005, 10:58 AM

That's kind of what I was thinking.

Tribal Warfare
09-04-2005, 11:29 AM
In a positive light, KC could get any where from a 1st(if he makes probowl), 2nd or 3rd. I know first round pick is unrealistic this is the best case scenario. The worst is he hardly plays or get's injured then the Chiefs get a seventh instead of a higher pick.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-04-2005, 11:50 AM
(Rick Dean) http://www.810whb.com/scripts/archives/getStory.asp?article=10800

"Sensing that his spot on the Kansas City roster was in jeopardy, Fujita asked the Chiefs to look for a trade, team president Carl Peterson said"

-he only signed a 1 year deal & would be gone after the season with no comp

BigChiefFan
09-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Yes, Fujita was good depth, BUT this says a bunch about Griffin and his ability. Count me in on being glad we got something in return for him.

milkman
09-04-2005, 01:24 PM

There was more than that 6th pick.
There is also a conditional '07 pick involved.

If Fujita is as good as you think he is, then that should be a pretty good pick.

I'll grant you that Fujita was a fairly solid LB, but the fact that he led this team in tackles for a couple of seasons speaks volumes about the absolute lack of talent elsewhere on this D over the last few years, more than it does to his talent.

Valiant
09-04-2005, 01:41 PM
In a positive light, KC could get any where from a 1st(if he makes probowl), 2nd or 3rd. I know first round pick is unrealistic this is the best case scenario. The worst is he hardly plays or get's injured then the Chiefs get a seventh instead of a higher pick.

Where did you get this info...