PDA

View Full Version : So, here is our 53 man roster for you to critique and discuss.

Kylo Ren
09-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Offense - 25 players

3 - QB
T. Green
T. Collins
D. Huard

4 - RB
P. Holmes
L. Johnson
T. Richardson
R. Cruz

3 - TE
T. Gonzalez
J. Dunn
K. Wilson

5 - WR
E. Kennison
S. Parker
M. Boerigter
D. Hall
C. Horn

10 - OL
W. Roaf
B. Waters
C. Weigman
W. Shields
K. Sampson
J. Black
J. Parquet - What? Why not PS?
C. Bober
W. Svitek - It's hard to believe this guy is ready for "the big time".
J. Ingram
---------------------
J. Welbourne - Doesn't count toward 53 man roster because he is a dumbass and got suspended for 4 games. I think Parquet or Svitek will go to the PS when Welbourne returns.

Defense - 25 players

9 - DL
R. Sims
J. Allen
J. Browning
L. Dalton
C. Hall
E. Hicks
K. Long
J. Siavii
J. Wilkerson

8 - LB
K. Bell
K. Mitchell
D. Johnson
B. Grigsby
K. Griffin
K. Fox
G. Stills
R. Scanlon

8 - DB
P. Surtain
B. Sapp
D. McCleon
D. Washington
G. Wesley
S. Knight
W. Bartee
J. Woods
----------------------------
E. Warfield - Doesn't count toward 53 man roster because he is a dumbass and got suspended for 4 games. I'm sure that Washington will be released when Warfield returns.

3 - ST
D. Colquitt
L. Tynes
K. Gammon

=====================================

1 - PUP
S. Barber

2 - IR
J. Battle
B. Williams

8 - Possible PS
C. Thorpe - WR
A. Hodge - CB
J. Killian - QB
J. McIntyre - WR
M. Smith - RB
A. Dixon - DT
T. Barnett - T
R. Smith - WR

======================================

My Critique

1. I like the move to trade Fujita.
2. I'm surprised that they only kept 4 RB.
3. I'm not surprised that they kept only 5 WR. However, I hope Thorpe, Smith and McIntyre can make it to the PS before someone else picks them up. They are our future at WR, IMHO.
4. I really wish we'd kept Quinn over Huard.
5. I wonder if FredEx will be back? If so, bye bye to Horn.
6. I don't have anything to say about the defensive squad. It appears to be perfect to me. I don't see anything they could have done to make it any better.
7. I hope they trade Barber, for anything, when he returns to health.
8. I'm surprised Svitek is on the 53 man roster. He's too raw to do any good this year.
9. I would guess that Parquett will go to the PS when Welbourne returns.
10. Too bad they can't trade Woods and bring back Harts or Pile.

Let me know if I've made a mistake anywhere and I'll correct it.

Discuss.............

KChiefs1
09-03-2005, 06:13 PM
I'm surprised Dee Brown didn't make it.

tiptap
09-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Where is the list of who will be the active players. that needs to be added so we can discuss.

Kylo Ren
09-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Where is the list of who will be the active players. that needs to be added so we can discuss. Feel free to do that. I'm done.

milkman
09-03-2005, 06:19 PM
I think that there will be some changes before the opener.
I don't believe they'll go into the season with 10 OL and 8 LBs, while only carrying 4 CBs.

They are trying to protect a couple of players now, in hopes that they can cut them and sign them to the PS later.

DTLB58
09-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Looks good. Good Job :clap:

If Crap and Hodge don't make it to us back the PS that wasted a 4th and 5th round pick this year. :banghead: :cuss: :mad:

Kylo Ren
09-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Looks good. Good Job :clap:

If Crap and Hodge don't make it to us back the PS that wasted a 4th and 5th round pick this year. :banghead: :cuss: :mad: Agreed.

keg in kc
09-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Thorpe did absolutely nothing in the preseason to earn a roster spot. Anything can happen, of course, but I'm not sure why anybody would be jumping to claim him after his 4 catch, 29 yard exhibition performance. Not that Horn is necessarily much better, but he at least has some experience. Either way, Thorpe wouldn't be a part of this team until later in the year. Hopefully he's a contributor by December.

I think we've panicked a little with the Brett Williams injury last night, but there's no question that we need depth there, with the condition of both Sampson and Shields. And don't forget that linemen are part of the coverage units, too, so some of the young guys who won't get PT on offense can and will still contribute.

As for Hodge, he wasn't stellar, either, but I'm a little surprised he's not on the roster.

Of course, the roster will change a lot over the next month. Keep that in mind...

chop
09-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Thorpe did absolutely nothing in the preseason to earn a roster spot.

I've been wondering what I missed to have everyone so high on him. I know he's got potential according to the press I've read but I didn't see any of it in the preseason games that I watched. Of course I didn't see all of the games.

Mecca
09-03-2005, 07:01 PM
This is what I see..........

The extra olineman will go when guys start to come back...... Ingram is basically taking the spot Donald Willis had with us the past few years. Svitek will go when Welbourne comes back. Parquet is basically taking Brett Williams inactive spot every week this year, he may go when someone like Barber returns.

Khari Long being kept tells me they're looking to sign someone at the DL from other teams cuts.

We have 3 guys who are going to be on our roster by week 8 who aren't counting right now, not to mention I expect them to look at other teams cuts, so I doubt this is final.

keg in kc
09-03-2005, 07:04 PM
I don't think Barber contributing this year is a sure thing by any means. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up on IR by or before the week 12 (I think?) PUP deadline.

milkman
09-03-2005, 07:07 PM
This is what I see..........

The extra olineman will go when guys start to come back...... Ingram is basically taking the spot Donald Willis had with us the past few years. Svitek will go when Welbourne comes back. Parquet is basically taking Brett Williams inactive spot every week this year, he may go when someone like Barber returns.

Khari Long being kept tells me they're looking to sign someone at the DL from other teams cuts.

We have 3 guys who are going to be on our roster by week 8 who aren't counting right now, not to mention I expect them to look at other teams cuts, so I doubt this is final.

I'd be really surprised if Barber is activated this season.
After he comes off the PUP, they have 2 weeks to evaluate him, and then either add him to the roster or release him.

I'm betting he will be released, unless there is a spot opened up by injury to another LB.

Mecca
09-03-2005, 07:08 PM
I don't think Barber contributing this year is a sure thing by any means. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up on IR by or before the week 12 (I think?) PUP deadline.

I expect Barber to be on the team before the years over.

I'm just saying we shouldn't get to worked up about the cuts yet. There are basically 2 guys on the team who won't be here in a month. Not to mention I expect them to be looking at other teams released players.

keg in kc
09-03-2005, 07:09 PM
After he comes off the PUP, they have 2 weeks to evaluate him, and then either add him to the roster or release him.You're close, but a little off:P.U.P. rules (http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/HOU/7917318)

Players placed on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform are allowed to begin practicing with the team after the conclusion of the sixth regular-season weekend and continuing after the conclusion of the ninth regular-season weekend. The practice period is not to exceed 21 days. Any time during that 21-day period, teams are allowed to restore the player to the Reserve/PUP list or to the active roster.

Mecca
09-03-2005, 07:09 PM
I'd be really surprised if Barber is activated this season.
After he comes off the PUP, they have 2 weeks to evaluate him, and then either add him to the roster or release him.

I'm betting he will be released, unless there is a spot opened up by injury to another LB.

It's alot cheaper if we wait till after this season to release him, I think it's his last year with us. But I don't expect him to be released before it's over.

keg in kc
09-03-2005, 07:11 PM
I expect Barber to be on the team before the years over.

I'm just saying we shouldn't get to worked up about the cuts yet. There are basically 2 guys on the team who won't be here in a month. Not to mention I expect them to be looking at other teams released players.I don't expect him to be back, unless we have some serious injury problems at LB and we're desperate.

And I agree, the roster is going to be pretty fluid, I think.

Thig Lyfe
09-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Isn't Holcombe on IR?

I hope Crap at least makes PS.

keg in kc
09-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Isn't Holcombe on IR?Yeah, as of sometime last week.

Dave Lane
09-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Huard must die! :cuss:

Dave

keg in kc
09-03-2005, 07:16 PM
I really don't get keeping Huard, either.

ROYC75
09-03-2005, 07:22 PM
WTF ? How in the hell did Scanlon make the team, he's no good, PS player. :D

I am suprised they kept that many LB's ..... I thought one of them would get cut for sure.

keg in kc
09-03-2005, 07:23 PM
WTF ? How in the hell did Scanlon make the team, he's no good, PS player. They needed someone to push the dirty jock cart.

milkman
09-03-2005, 07:26 PM
WTF ? How in the hell did Scanlon make the team, he's no good, PS player.

Finally found your way into reality?

Thank goodness!

ROYC75
09-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Finally found your way into reality?

Thank goodness!

Heh, from the sounds of DV, he can play all 3 LB's positions, of course not all at once as some on here thinks he can. :rolleyes:

Chiefnj
09-03-2005, 08:00 PM
How the hell did Svitek make the team?? The team couldn't use Hodge or Thorpe more than a 3rd string OL who has no experience and played poorly?

Iowanian
09-03-2005, 09:19 PM
They have to be hiding Svitek through the initial rush to look at the waiver wire.......He's a swinging gate that would get Green Killed in the real games. If they find someone to sign (DT?), Svitet HAS to be the next one gone....imo

I think Long is the odd man out on Dline if they find a DT, because Browing can also play outside.

keg in kc
09-03-2005, 09:20 PM
They have to be hiding Svitek through the initial rush to look at the waiver wire.......That sounds even harder to believe to me than the idea that someone else will sign Thorpe.

But I've been wrong before. Lots.

Iowanian
09-03-2005, 09:21 PM
One thing with OTs is size, arm length and athleticism....Everyone in the league knows he has the physical attributes and is raw.

Personally....I'm baffled that he's on the team over Smith or Brown.

keg in kc
09-03-2005, 09:23 PM
One thing with OTs is size, arm length and athleticism....Everyone in the league knows he has the physical attributes and is raw.If he was that highly-prized, he probably wouldn't have lasted 187 picks.

For that matter, why is Parquet on the roster...

Iowanian
09-03-2005, 09:26 PM
I think Parquet can thank Brett Williams(who looked like SHIT at Tackle), getting hurt last night, for his roster spot.

I just look at the cuts, and some of the players left and can't help but Imagine the roster will look Exactly like this tomorrow night.

keg in kc
09-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Williams apparently was doing well at guard, though. I think that's where his loss really hurts us. Losing our top two backups at guard. Not a pleasant situation with Shields being a question mark.

(at least I see him as a question mark...)

ILChief
09-03-2005, 10:08 PM
i think these cuts sucked. I think Huard has joined the Eric Hicks "I have incriminating photos of DV or Carl club". No way he should have made it over Quinn. Horn making it over McIntyre(and FredEx) is also BS. Cutting Thorpe and Hodge was dumb. Cutting both Dee Brown AND McKenzie Smith borders on insane. I have to think they're going to pick up another RB (Quentin Griffith maybe?). I guess Svitek made the team simply due to Welbourne's suspension. I'd say when Welbourne gets back Svitek goes to practice squad.

I hope our practice squad includes:
Killian
Thorpe
Hodge
McIntyre

I also think once Freddie Mitchell has his surgery and heals he could come back and Horn will be gone (I hope)

Warrior5
09-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Keeping Huard and cutting Quinn? Huard was the absolute worst QB wearing R&G this pre-season, whereas Quinn was clearly the best back-up. CP last night stated something to the effect that Quinn had moved up the depth chart. Something strange going on here...

I realize Cruz is the only FB after T-Rich (since Holcombe is broke), but to dump Smith AND Brown and keep Cruz is crazy.

I must be missing something here.

morphius
09-03-2005, 10:21 PM
I think it was stupid to give Quinn all that playing time if the plan was just to cut him anyway, Killian should have been given an actual oppertunity to compete with that waste of space Huard instead of being the PS QB who may get 10 snaps a week.

I also think cutting Hodge may be a mistake as well, I really, truly despise DV's reliance on Vet's, no matter their lack of future upside.

Cutting Thorpe is also disappointing, its a bit embarrasing really. Here we are making fun of Denver for cutting an end of the third round pick, and we cut our 4th round. I just hope he makes it to the PS, but it was a pretty big roll of the dice to hope he makes it there.

alanm
09-03-2005, 10:43 PM
How the hell did Svitek make the team?? The team couldn't use Hodge or Thorpe more than a 3rd string OL who has no experience and played poorly?
Hey, I've learned from 40 yrs of watching the Chiefs play not to question their decisions involving the offensive line. If there's one aspect of the Chiefs scouting dept that's enjoyed success it's the ability to find and develope Olinemen. :thumb:

Dr. Chief
09-03-2005, 10:52 PM
I agree that Quinn is better suited to run OUR offense, but I believe that Huard is still around for his high intellect and ability to pick-up and execute the opposing teams offense in practice.

Rememeber all that hype about him mimmicking Manning when he was with the Patsies?

Rain Man
09-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Just my opinion, but I thought Svitek played great in every opportunity he had. He caught my eye because they had him out on an island pass-protecting, and his guys never got even close to a pressure. I was darn impressed. This happened in more than one game.

Parquet played well as well. I'm pleased to see these guys make the team.

Rain Man
09-04-2005, 09:19 PM
I'd be willing to bet that we have the youngest linebacking corps in the league.

KCinNY
09-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Would like a little more depth at WR.

Don't think Fujita will be missed all that much.