PDA

View Full Version : Practice squad question?

Kylo Ren
09-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Many here are worried about getting Thorpe and McIntyre back for our PS. But, once they are back on our PS, can't another team still steal them from us at any time? Or, once they are on the PS, are they protected? Anyone know?

keg in kc
09-04-2005, 10:22 PM
They are not protected, as I recall. I think teams can harvest each other's practice squads to their hearts' content.

Kylo Ren
09-04-2005, 10:26 PM
They are not protected, as I recall. I think teams can harvest each other's practice squads to their hearts' content. So, even if we do get all of the players that we desire back to our practice squad, it doesn't really matter. They could be looted from us at any time, right?

Manila-Chief
09-04-2005, 10:30 PM
As I understand it ... the other team must activate them to their 53 man roster in order to sign them. So, there is a little protection there.

But, if they are not signed off waivers when they were released, do they really have the talent to help us? Seems we kept a couple players at positions which are over crowded so that we could protect players who are not ready but have talent????

keg in kc
So, even if we do get all of the players that we desire back to our practice squad, it doesn't really matter. They could be looted from us at any time, right?I think if they do get 'looted', they have to go to that team's active roster.

But I'm really running on fumes here, and could well be speaking totally into my seatcushion.

Halfcan
No if they are on the PS they are under contract. Right now they have no contract with the Chiefs-thus the Chiefs have no rights to them and anyone can sign them.

Logical
09-04-2005, 10:32 PM
They are not protected, as I recall. I think teams can harvest each other's practice squads to their hearts' content.True but they have to put them on their active 53 man roster to do so.

booger
09-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Just because they are "under contract" and one the practice squad doesn't mean they can't be signed to our or someone elses 53 man roster.

About the only way of keeping a guy from going to another team is to also offer a promotion to the 53 man roster.

Pitt Gorilla
09-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Recall Carl chasing George Layne to the airport.

greg63
09-05-2005, 01:19 AM
I think if they do get 'looted', they have to go to that team's active roster.

But I'm really running on fumes here, and could well be speaking totally into my seatcushion.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

tiptap
09-05-2005, 06:17 AM
Anyone can be signed off a PS by any other team. But that player can be signed only as an active squad player and cannot go back to being on PS of the team that selects that player. They can be cut but they also get their money from active status. Most teams would have to be realing from injuries to sign a player though especially an offensive player because they won't know the plays and have little chance to contribute to this season. I am wondering if we are going to alternate players like we did last year so we have on salary more than the 8 though only 8 for any particular week.