PDA

View Full Version : Punt, Pass & Kick Competition

IA_Chiefs_fan
09-05-2005, 08:25 AM
My son is participating in his first PP & K comp. this afternoon. Besides, kicking and passing, do they catch or do anything else? What does he need to be prepared for? Do they try for accuracy or distance or what?

teedubya
09-05-2005, 08:26 AM
at what age do these begin?

IA_Chiefs_fan
09-05-2005, 08:29 AM
at what age do these begin?
I'm not sure. I think it starts around 6 years old. My son is 8. Hopefully he won't be matched up against a bunch of 9 & 10 year olds.

milkman
09-05-2005, 08:32 AM
It has been years, but I believe that it's a combination of distance and accuracy.

But don't quote me on that.

cdcox
09-05-2005, 08:33 AM
For the passing it is both distance and accuracy. The measure how far it goes and how far it deviates from a straight line. Have never seen the punt and kick portions.

BigRedChief
09-05-2005, 08:53 AM
The pass has to do with distance. They use to have an accuracy portion where you threw through a hoop but I think they did away with it. I think to make it faster they just take off the distance that deviates from a straight line from the total distance.

The other is simple. How far do you kick or punt the ball

IA_Chiefs_fan
09-05-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure. I think it starts around 6 years old. My son is 8. Hopefully he won't be matched up against a bunch of 9 & 10 year olds.
Well, my son ended up competing against 8, 9 & 10 year olds after all. He had the best pass! Unfortunately they add your total feet from punting, passing and kicking for the awards. I've never worked with him on any form of kicking so that part was brutal. :(
But he was the best passer!(which is the most important any way)

ChiefsFire
09-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Well, my son ended up competing against 8, 9 & 10 year olds after all. He had the best pass! Unfortunately they add your total feet from punting, passing and kicking for the awards. I've never worked with him on any form of kicking so that part was brutal. :(
But he was the best passer!(which is the most important any way)
hey hey hey

are you saying kickers arent important??

dare i say the name Lin Elliot?

Halfcan
09-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Don't let your kid wear a colts jersey in the punt pass and kick if they make it to arrowhead. Azzholes will boo them.

Saulbadguy
09-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Don't let your kid wear a colts jersey in the punt pass and kick if they make it to arrowhead. Azzholes will boo them.
ROFL

Or a Raiders, Broncos, Rams, or Chargers jersey...

Rain Man
09-05-2005, 08:46 PM
If the 37 Foundation did an open punt, pass, & kick competition as a fundraiser, I'd compete.

And you're on the right track, IA_Chiefs_Fan. QBs get much larger signing bonuses than do kickers and punters.

cdcox
09-05-2005, 09:15 PM
During the children's sermon at church yesterday, Pastor asked kids what they wanted to be when they grew up. One kid said an NFL kicker. Need to have a talk with that boy.