PDA

View Full Version : CHIEFS PRACTICE SQUAD!!!!!

HuddleClubKid
09-05-2005, 09:13 AM
I come in peace.... Here are the names on the Chiefs Practice Squad...

S Scott Connot
RB Samkon Gado
TE Aaron Golliday
G Peter Heyer
CB Alphonso Hodge
WR Jeris McIntyre
RB McKenzi Smith
WR Craphonso Thorpe
DE Zach Ville

Not sure the Jets have made a claim for McIntyre. At this point it appears to be an internet report with no substance.

Take care... Nick Athan - Warpaint Illustrated....

the Talking Can
09-05-2005, 09:14 AM
We kept Thorpe!

I blame Nick Athan.

Imon Yourside
09-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Wut b wrong with keepin' the crap?

Bowser
We kept Samkon Gado over Dee Brown? :spock:

Herzig
I come in peace.... Here are the names on the Chiefs Practice Squad...

S Scott Connot
RB Samkon Gado
TE Aaron Golliday
G Peter Heyer
CB Alphonso Hodge
WR Jeris McIntyre
RB McKenzi Smith
WR Craphonso Thorpe
DE Zach Ville

Not sure the Jets have made a claim for McIntyre. At this point it appears to be an internet report with no substance.

Take care... Nick Athan - Warpaint Illustrated....

Jeris McIntyre looked great in the preseason. Big with good hands. McKenzi Smith looked good too

the Talking Can
09-05-2005, 09:16 AM
I'm glad we kept Thorpe.

Archie Bunker
09-05-2005, 09:16 AM

Was Dee Brown eligible?

Bowser
09-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Was Dee Brown eligible?

Good question. I'm not sure if that applies per team with a particular player in regards to the PS, or his entire NFL career. And anyways, didn't Gado go down with an injury?

Coogs
09-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Looks OK. I really thought Killian would make it though.

milkman
09-05-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm sorry.
Did you say Golliday?

Why?

Herzig
09-05-2005, 09:19 AM
Looks OK. I really thought Killian would make it though.

Thought the same about Jonathon Quinn...sign his ass to practice squad.

the Talking Can
09-05-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm still shocked Svitek made the roster. He is the definition of practice squad.

Imon Yourside
09-05-2005, 09:20 AM
Bob & Doug Mckenzie Smith :thumb:
Cadillac Zach De-ville :thumb:
Crap-ho :thumb:
Jeris McIntyre Carpet :thumb:

Big Chief Homer
09-05-2005, 09:21 AM
No killian?wow im surprised at that>im glad the mcintyre thing was all BS

Archie Bunker
09-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Surprised that Dixon didn't make it. Way to go Ville

PastorMikH
09-05-2005, 09:24 AM
No killian?wow im surprised at that>im glad the mcintyre thing was all BS

What happened to Killian? From what I saw of him on the field he looked better than Huard and Quinn. And in the last 2 games he didn't even get a chance to step on the field. I liked what I saw in the kid and am a bit dissapointed at this.

Archie Bunker
09-05-2005, 09:27 AM
What happened to Killian? From what I saw of him on the field he looked better than Huard and Quinn. And in the last 2 games he didn't even get a chance to step on the field. I liked what I saw in the kid and am a bit dissapointed at this.

Wasn't reps the excuse for not keeping Clausen on the practice squad a year or 2 ago. Behind Green, Collins, Huard :cuss: Kilian would never get any practice time.

Kylo Ren
09-05-2005, 09:32 AM
I guess 4 out of 6 isn't too bad. I'm not so worried about Killian. We can pick up a QB prospect anywhere. He wasn't anything special. But, I sure wish we'd kept R. Smith. I'm worried that McIntyre might get away. Although, I think the Jets are just picking him up to pick his brain before the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they dump him after the game on Sunday.

Here's who I wanted to keep:

C. Thorpe -WR -could develop into a starting WR
A. Hodge -CB -should take over for McCleon at nickle or dime CB next year
J. Killian -QB -we always need to keep a QB to develop
J. McIntyre -WR -could move to active roster if there is a WR injury
M. Smith -RB -could be the #2 RB after Priest retires
R. Smith -WR -has shown promise for two straight training camps

I like that they kept Gado. I don't care baout Connot, Golliday, Heyer or Ville.

S Scott Connot
RB Samkon Gado
TE Aaron Golliday
G Peter Heyer
CB Alphonso Hodge
WR Jeris McIntyre
RB McKenzi Smith
WR Craphonso Thorpe
DE Zach Ville

Coogs
09-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Wasn't reps the excuse for not keeping Clausen on the practice squad a year or 2 ago. Behind Green, Collins, Huard :cuss: Kilian would never get any practice time.

But he might have been able to QB the scout team. Even though that would be the opponents offense, it is still reps at the position.

ChiefsKing
09-05-2005, 09:42 AM

Quinn is a vet. You can't sign players to PS who have had I think it is like 6 games of playing time? Something like that anyways.

Thig Lyfe
09-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Where's Killian?!?!?!

ChiefsKing
09-05-2005, 09:43 AM

Dee Brown is a vet

Chiefnj
09-05-2005, 09:46 AM
There's no point keeping Kilian.

Next year DV will be gone. The new coach, whoever he is, will likely want to develop his own QB, and make his own choice.

eazyb81
09-05-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm glad Thorpe made the practice squad.....we got lucky that nobody claimed him. Hopefully the McIntyre to the Jets is just a rumor, I think he has a lot of potential.

I'm a little disappointed that Killian and Dixon didn't make the squad, i'm not sure what happened with those two.

Mr. Laz
09-05-2005, 09:56 AM
There's no point keeping Kilian.

Next year DV will be gone. The new coach, whoever he is, will likely want to develop his own QB, and make his own choice.

unless saunders is HC ... then all the offensive guys fit

philfree
09-05-2005, 10:01 AM
From my perspective if no other teams raid our practice squad these guys add depth to our team. Several of these guys are good enough to be on our regular roster as backups or 4th or 5th WRs. It's not a bad situation at all.

PhilFree:arrow:

tiptap
09-05-2005, 10:05 AM
From my perspective if no other teams raid our practice squad these guys add depth to our team. Several of these guys are good enough to be on our regular roster as backups or 4th or 5th WRs. It's not a bad situation at all.

PhilFree:arrow:

Precisely, short on safeties on active squad put one on the PS. Short on WR put a couple on PS. RB so forth and so forth.

B_Ambuehl
09-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Anyone know how many guys they alternated week to week on the practice squad last year? Was it the whole squad or just a couple of players? Cause if you're alternating everyone then there are gonna be 8 more names on that list.

Bowser
09-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Anyone know how many guys they alternated week to week on the practice squad last year? Was it the whole squad or just a couple of players? Cause if you're alternating everyone then there are gonna be 8 more names on that list.

Not sure, but they had a bunch of movement on and off the roster last year. Most noticeably Chris Horn.

Thig Lyfe
09-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Athan...

The root "a" means not... so does "than" mean "truth"?

Frankie
09-05-2005, 11:05 AM
I don't think you can. He's a veteran. I'm sure bummed about Kilian not being there though. :banghead:

Frankie
09-05-2005, 11:07 AM
I really thought they were "hiding" him by not playing him.

Otter
09-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Where's Killian?!?!?!

That's what I was wondering.

milkman
09-05-2005, 11:11 AM
I really thought they were "hiding" him by not playing him.

I guess now they are really hiding him by not signing him to the PS!

Yeah, that's it!

Frankie
09-05-2005, 11:19 AM
I guess now they are really hiding him by not signing him to the PS!

Yeah, that's it!

Good point. :hmmm:

milkman
09-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Good point. :hmmm:

I knew you'd believehttp://a1708.g.akamai.net/7/1708/110/AH059216465006/www.shopnbc.com/media/products/N/N60543_200.jpg that!

Frankie
09-05-2005, 11:25 AM
I knew you'd believehttp://a1708.g.akamai.net/7/1708/110/AH059216465006/www.shopnbc.com/media/products/N/N60543_200.jpg that!

I did use a smiley to connotate a joke. FWIW.

milkman
09-05-2005, 11:30 AM
I did use a smiley to connotate a joke. FWIW.

Yeah.

I just quoted you as a means to get in the picture, which I should have thought about in my original post.

Frankie
09-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Yeah.

I just quoted you as a means to get in the picture, which I should have thought about in my original post.Cool.

siberian khatru
09-05-2005, 12:42 PM
The fact that no team claimed Thorpe proves he's no good, a wasted pick (dammit Carl! :cuss: ) and taking up valuable space on our PS.

:p :D ;)

Frankie
09-05-2005, 12:44 PM
The fact that no team claimed Thorpe proves he's no good, a wasted pick (dammit Carl! :cuss: ) and taking up valuable space on our PS.

He's the next Jerry Rice and you know it.
:$2500:

Dave Lane
09-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Man I'd like to keep one QB on the Practice squad. Killian showed me more than Huard! :(

Dave

KC Kings
09-05-2005, 12:55 PM

If anothr team picked him up, would they be able to put him on their practice squad or how does that work. If we cut him do all of the other teams have practice squad priority over the Chiefs?

milkman
09-05-2005, 12:58 PM
If anothr team picked him up, would they be able to put him on their practice squad or how does that work. If we cut him do all of the other teams have practice squad priority over the Chiefs?

A player sign by one team from another team's practice squad must be signed to that team's 53 man roster.

AirForceChief
09-05-2005, 01:05 PM
I'd provided this on an earlier thread, precut:

FWIW, Here's the elegibility conditions for the NFLs' Practice Squads:

Each NFL team may assemble a five-man developmental group, or practice squad, following final roster cuts. Any player who has not been on a team's 45-man active roster for nine or more games in a single season is eligible for the practice squad, provided they haven't already used their two-year practice squad eligibility. Three weeks on any practice squad in a season constitutes a year. Each practice squad member will make $68,000 a season, or $4,000 a week. That money, $340,000 for the whole squad, is counted against that team's salary cap. One team may sign a player from another team's practice squad, but that player must be moved immediately to the claiming team's active roster.

AirForceChief
09-05-2005, 01:06 PM
I'd provided this on an earlier thread, precut:

FWIW, Here's the elegibility conditions for the NFLs' Practice Squads:

Each NFL team may assemble a five-man developmental group, or practice squad, following final roster cuts. Any player who has not been on a team's 45-man active roster for nine or more games in a single season is eligible for the practice squad, provided they haven't already used their two-year practice squad eligibility. Three weeks on any practice squad in a season constitutes a year. Each practice squad member will make $68,000 a season, or $4,000 a week. That money, $340,000 for the whole squad, is counted against that team's salary cap. One team may sign a player from another team's practice squad, but that player must be moved immediately to the claiming team's active roster.

I think the only change has been the NFL raised the limit to nine folks on the squad and a bump in pay...

Line Judge
09-05-2005, 11:18 PM
If the Chiefs have a player on their practice squad and another team wants to put him on their 53 man roster, do the Chiefs have the first option of moving the player to the Chiefs 53 man roster and keeping him with the team? Or is it a done deal and the other team gets him?

Mr. Kotter
09-05-2005, 11:30 PM
If the Chiefs have a player on their practice squad and another team wants to put him on their 53 man roster, do the Chiefs have the first option of moving the player to the Chiefs 53 man roster and keeping him with the team? Or is it a done deal and the other team gets him?

Chiefs must put him on the roster to keep him, is my understanding.