PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Tackle

Mr. Laz
09-05-2005, 01:32 PM
our depth chart

LT 90 Ryan Sims 94 Junior Siavii

RT 75 Lional Dalton 93 John Browning

John Browning - hurt most the preseason and undersized for inside

Junior Siavii - slowed because of bone spurs on his knee caps ... will be until he has surgery.

that leaves 2 healthy defense tackles

with as much as our defense is going to on the field this year, how much is fatigue going to be a problem?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-05-2005, 01:35 PM
I say play an 0-5-6 defense.

It works with the crap players the Pats have, it should work for us.

booger
09-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Yeah i'd say it's a concern.

Browning practiced last week for the first time in a while but was held out of the game as a precaution. Hopefully he is able to log some snaps inside because I don't have much faith in JR right now.

I think it seems that Jr. has improved his attitude a bit but I just don't see him being able to play through any pain or discomfort. I think having him get his knees done and put on IR is the best choice now but doesn't look like they are going to do that. Not yet anyway.

There are plenty of options right now at DT veteran and younger players who I would hope we would at least work out/keep an eye on anyway.

Chiefnj
09-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Fatigue is going to be a big problem unless they can turn a lot of 3 and outs early in games to reserve energy. That goes for the DT's as well as Bell and the entire first string offense.

I've already said that the winner of Jets game was going to be the better conditioned team.

the Talking Can
09-05-2005, 02:29 PM
I've been worried about this for awhile...can Sims/Dalton's intensity last till the 4th quarter? and can they last 16 games?

I doubt it...if either goes down we're fubar'd...I think we'll see more of Wilkerson inside on 3rd downs but we really need Browning to get healthy..

our drafts have just killed us here, we should be deep at DT

Archie Bunker
09-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Scary

the Talking Can
09-05-2005, 02:30 PM
I wish we'd pick a vet DT up off the cut list, even if its only for a few weeks

stevieray
09-05-2005, 02:42 PM
maybe the rat's rotation idea wasn't so stupid after all.

cdcox
09-05-2005, 02:52 PM
maybe the rat's rotation idea wasn't so stupid after all.

Vermiel is also a big fan of rotating DL. I imagine he will continue that plan, with the starters getting 2/3 to 3/4 of the snaps. But yeah, I'm concerned with the thinness of this position, and the ability of Slavil to be effect healthy or not.

beer bacon
09-05-2005, 02:55 PM
I am still hoping they pick up Dorsett Davis and or Fatafehi from the Broncos cuts. Both of those guys would better backups then Siavii this year.

Do the Chiefs usually do an announcement on their website for the practice squad?

booger
09-05-2005, 03:06 PM
usually do an announcment of We have signed the following players to the PS kinda deal.

Looks like they skipped that and just added them to the ps roster under the roster page.

Mr. Laz
09-05-2005, 03:09 PM
I am still hoping they pick up Dorsett Davis and or Fatafehi from the Broncos cuts. Both of those guys would better backups then Siavii this year
agreed, it would be different if Savaii was healthy and had shown improvement.

neither has happened

with his knee issues i don't see how any real improvement will happen this year.

stevieray
09-05-2005, 03:19 PM
agreed, it would be different if Savaii was healthy and had shown improvement.

neither has happened

with his knee issues i don't see how any real improvement will happen this year.

sad, but true.

tk13
09-05-2005, 03:19 PM
I think it's a valid concern. I was all for bringing in somebody like Keith Traylor. Just a body you can throw in there. Even though Vonnie Holliday stunk, he was at least a body we could throw in there at DT from time to time to give other guys a breather. I'm not sure we have that this year, just 4 guys that'll have to grind it out.

RealSNR
09-05-2005, 03:25 PM
It's a shame we didn't have a DT who shined this year. Montique Sharpe was okay, and probably was better than Saliva, but made a lot of stupid mistakes. Arrion Dixon looked good, but that was only against scrubs.

Is Eric Downing available? :banghead:

milkman
09-05-2005, 03:45 PM
It's a shame we didn't have a DT who shined this year. Montique Sharpe was okay, and probably was better than Saliva, but made a lot of stupid mistakes. Arrion Dixon looked good, but that was only against scrubs.

Is Eric Downing available? :banghead:

No, but Eddie Freeman is.

Mr. Laz
09-05-2005, 03:52 PM
injuries are a concern for everyone

but what happens if Sims or Dalton just gets a minor injury?

like cramps or a slight concussion in the middle of a game.

then savaii has to play full time snaps ... can his knees even do that?

can browning play full snaps?

it's a bit on the scary side

i guess Wilkinson can slide inside in a pinch :shrug:

RealSNR
09-05-2005, 03:52 PM
No, but Eddie Freeman is.I'd rather have that lardass than Saliva.

I can just picture that POS Junior getting exploded off the line during the Jets game :shake:

Chiefnj
09-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Derrick Ransom was released also.

Dave Lane
09-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Is Donnell Bennet available?

Dave

whoman69
09-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Its surprising for the health factor of our tackles that we carry 5 ends, especially Khari Long. Still can fill in at DE if needed, but the only emergency player we have at DT is currently our starter at DE.