PDA

View Full Version : Kendrell Bell- A take on his first series as a Chief

C-Mac
09-06-2005, 05:30 PM
I was watching the first part of St Louis game again and I couldnt help but take notice of his presence. Heres a breakdown of the first series plays.

His first play- Solo tackles running back for no gain.
His second Play- Goes through the left tackle and
assists Wilkerson on the no gain tackle, but was in position had Wilkerson not been there.
His third play- He takes on guard and flat pancakes him on his back while running back is tackled in backfield by D-lineman.
http://www.gigglesnfarts.com/Chiefs/Bell1.mpeg
His fourth play- He covers a tight end\runing back while Surtain picks a pass.

I can see that if he stays heathy, he will be a presence.
I got to tell you, he just flat owned that guard on his 3rd play, just layed him out effortlessly.
I got a feeling come Sunday nite, all will know and respect #99.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-06-2005, 05:46 PM
he is suppose to gel with his teammates not make jelly out of the opponent. This is bad

ZootedGranny
09-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Ahahahaha, I'm ****in dyin over here. That guard got DESTROYED!

RedDread
09-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Video won't play for me :shrug:

ZootedGranny
09-06-2005, 05:58 PM
http://home.kc.rr.com/mkbaslee/avatar.gif

C-Mac
09-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Video won't play for me :shrug:

Might try right clicking, then "save target as" to a file and play it back that way.

RedDread
09-06-2005, 06:01 PM
wow, that looked F'ing effortless. :)

elvomito
09-06-2005, 06:01 PM
thats funny as hell... that guy looked like he got hit in the back of his knees with a sledge hammer

jspchief
09-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Jeezuz christ. He blows that dude up.

I have to say that gets me pumped. I've been pretty lukewarm on Bell, but if that's a sample of what's to come, I may be wearing #99 by the end of the year.

Pants
09-06-2005, 06:08 PM
People shouldn't really doubt Bell, he's a f*cking beast. The only thing holding him back is that mysterious injury.

WisChief
09-06-2005, 06:15 PM
All I can think of is Vonnie Holiday's 5 sacks on opening day his first year...

C-Mac
09-06-2005, 06:32 PM

I dont think is was five but no matter, it was ALL he got for the year.
The same with the guy he replaced too.......one hit opening day wonders.
:rolleyes:

Bell is different.

Halfcan
09-06-2005, 06:51 PM
It was three sacks I believe. Thanks for posting that, I missed the first series. Damn Bell looks good. No way they can just block with a full back every time. Plus DJ has smashed two FB's allready. So it should be a pretty deadly combo. I think Gun has a chip the size of the moon on his shoulder from all the heat he has taken. Gun is a genius when it comes to blitzing and game planning. I think he might have the players to make it work this year. I havn't been excited about watching the D since DT died.

Hammock Parties
09-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Fuggin' AWESOME! We have two fast as hell destroyers on the outside now. LOOK OUT DONKEYS!

Deberg_1990
09-06-2005, 06:59 PM
As Long as Bell can stay healthy, him and DJ have a chance to be real difference makers for this team. When was the last time we had "REAL" playmakers on defense??

the Talking Can
09-06-2005, 07:01 PM
not trying to be a party pooper but it looks like that guard gets tripped by one of our lineman....anyways, I'm excited to finally see Bell in action...if he's healthy he's a force

Calcountry
09-06-2005, 07:04 PM
Fuggin' AWESOME! We have two fast as hell destroyers on the outside now. LOOK OUT DONKEYS!I would really love to see someone run Plummers sorry ass down on his first bootleg and throw his ass to the ground in the backfield. I for one, and sick and fuggin tired of that play.

Kerberos
09-06-2005, 07:33 PM
I would really love to see someone run Plummers sorry ass down on his first bootleg and throw his ass to the ground in the backfield. I for one, and sick and fuggin tired of that play.

Agreed

But I am not just sick and tired of that PLAY .......

I am sick and fuggin tired of da Chiefs getting BURNED by that play.

Jeezus it seemed last year they ran that play and gained a half billion yards and then RAN THAT PLAY AGIAN and gained another half billion yards and kept running it till we stopped it from gaining a half billion yards so they would run it to the OTHER side and gain a half billion yards and we couldn't stop it.

I hope with Bell and Johnson on the outside these are things of the PAST.

:shrug:

Deberg_1990
09-06-2005, 07:36 PM
I just hope we have solved the the 3rd and long situation this year. Thats been one of our main problems the past couple of years. It probably wont truly be solved until Warfiled returns though. I keep seeing visions of 3rd and 9 pass completions(1st downs) right in front of McCleon.

C-Mac
09-06-2005, 07:49 PM
not trying to be a party pooper but it looks like that guard gets tripped by one of our lineman....anyways, I'm excited to finally see Bell in action...if he's healthy he's a force

That is possible, but the guard had a full head of steam and even if he would have left both feet for a flying block, it still doesnt account for the entire reversal of direction from the impact.
Also after he cleaned that guards clock, he chucked a tackle and though it was not as dramatic, he changed direction too.

jspchief
09-06-2005, 08:01 PM
not trying to be a party pooper but it looks like that guard gets tripped by one of our lineman....anyways, I'm excited to finally see Bell in action...if he's healthy he's a forceWhat the hell is wrong with you? You hate America and the Chiefs? I suppose you hate puppies too.

Just let us enjoy our moment for cripes sakes.

Red Dawg
09-06-2005, 08:06 PM
I told ya don't worry about Bell! He's a destoyer!

WisChief
09-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Bell is different.

I hope you are right, I'm just having a tough time getting excited over a few plays in a preseason game.

Granted he did look good, but I want to see him come thru when we're up by 3 and it's 4th and inches, and we need a stop to win a game. THAT is when I'll be impressed with Bell and Surtain and Knight and Hall and DJ and all the rest of them. I'm ready for the defense to finally win a game when we need them to.

RealSNR
09-06-2005, 08:07 PM
You all shut your mouths. Bell is a bust and you know it.

jspchief
09-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Who is the DE coming off the edge that tackles the ball carrier? He comes completely untouched, but nice wheels. I assume it's Allen, but thought it might be Hall.

KCJake
09-06-2005, 08:11 PM
DAMN! That's what im talkin about :clap:

RealSNR
09-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Who is the DE coming off the edge that tackles the ball carrier? He comes completely untouched, but nice wheels. I assume it's Allen, but thought it might be Hall.It's Eric Hicks :p

CoMoChief
09-06-2005, 08:17 PM

It was only 3 sacks, but yeah I get your point. I just hope Bell stays healthy. If he does, then look for him to make the Pro Bowl.

beer bacon
09-06-2005, 10:21 PM
I hope you are right, I'm just having a tough time getting excited over a few plays in a preseason game.

Granted he did look good, but I want to see him come thru when we're up by 3 and it's 4th and inches, and we need a stop to win a game. THAT is when I'll be impressed with Bell and Surtain and Knight and Hall and DJ and all the rest of them. I'm ready for the defense to finally win a game when we need them to.

The question about Bell is health. He has always been a consistant playmaker when healthy. On the other hand Holliday has always been a guy that gets sacks/makes plays in spurts then disappears.

NJ Chief Fan
09-07-2005, 06:06 AM
I would really love to see someone run Plummers sorry ass down on his first bootleg and throw his ass to the ground in the backfield. I for one, and sick and fuggin tired of that play.

**** that I WANT DJ TO RIP MCFAGGS HEAD OFF IN WEEK 4 MURDER THAT LIL C!CK SUCKER

StcChief
09-07-2005, 07:11 AM
He Looks good.

Despite it's the friggin' Lambs lame O-line.

Agreed DJ, Bell will have the others O Coordinators worried.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-07-2005, 07:20 AM
When was the last time we had "REAL" playmakers on defense??
keep ****ing doubting Billy Bartee.

Bob Dole
09-07-2005, 07:44 AM

STOP MAKING THE BABY JESUS CRY!

ROYC75
09-07-2005, 07:55 AM
Just knowing his playmaking ability means the offense has to game plan for him, allowing us to use the others around him more efficiently.

C-Mac
09-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Q: Gunther came down excited about Kendrell Bell today. How did he look out there today?

VERMEIL: “He flashes. There’s no way if you go out on the field that you can’t recognize his ability to accelerate and move into plays. I think he’s very pleased and excited. He came in here yesterday on his day off and worked for an hour. He ran our strength coach into the ground. He’s pumped up and excited about being healthy going into the opener. Will he be as good as he’s gonna be once he gets going? No, he’ll probably make some mistakes, but he’ll make some plays, too.”

Q: Is he mentally ready and has he forgotten about the injuries he’s had?

VERMEIL: “He sure appears to. I know there are a couple players at the Rams who think he has forgotten about it.”

Yaaa..Baby

Otter
09-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Did you happen to notice the size of him compared to the other linebackers? He's a bull.

When he was healthy in Pittsburg he was absolutly dominating in a Lawrence Taylor kind of way. DT was a master at getting the sack but teams had alot of success running the ball right at him.

He's amazing, just gotta stay healthy.

the Talking Can
09-07-2005, 11:27 PM
I think I heard on the radio that everyone practiced today except for Sampson and Collins....great news

schneider221
09-07-2005, 11:29 PM
metro sports said he will start for sure today

Rausch
09-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Bell is going to show Pennington love the way only a cellmate can...