PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 Fantasy Lineup

DJay23
09-06-2005, 05:37 PM
I always have so much trouble trying to decide who to start in week 1. THere are a couple of positions that I'm struggling with right now. I should probably just start my first choices at each position, but i want to get it right.

WR:
Andre Johnson (Plays against Buffalo)
Michael Clayton (Plays against Minnesota)
T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Plays against Cleveland)
Santana Moss (Plays against Chicago)
Samie Parker (Plays against the Jets)

I'm leaning toward Houshmandzadeh (Cleveland's secondary is depleted) and then I'm stuck. Johnson was my number one guy but that's a tough matchup against the Buffalo D. Minnesota is supposed to have a better D as well, but Smoot may not play week 1. Moss is a good player but Chicago has a good D and there is no one to throw him the ball. Not sure about Samie yet. I think he could be pretty good (that's why I took him late), but would rather wait and see with him.

TE:
Todd Heap (Plays against Indy)
Randy McMichael (Plays against Denver)

I screwed up drafting McMichael. I had no idea he had some legal troubles and could be suspended. I'm usually more thorough than that. Heap is going against a hyped D, and there are more options for Boller now with Mason and Mark Clayton there. McMichael has no one to throw him the ball, and Denver can actually play some pretty good D, especially their linebackers. I'm stuck.

Thanks for your help.

Old Dog
09-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Clayton vs Minnesota - Tampa's defense isn't the unit it used to be. Minnesota will put up some points and force the Bucs to throw to catch up.

Heap vs Indy - Teams will no longer be able to double cover him with Mason and Clayton along side. He's too big for a safety or corner to deal with and too fast for most linebackers. He'll be the #2 TE (yes he will perform better than Gates) in fantasy football this year.

DJay23
09-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Clayton vs Minnesota - Tampa's defense isn't the unit it used to be. Minnesota will put up some points and force the Bucs to throw to catch up.

Heap vs Indy - Teams will no longer be able to double cover him with Mason and Clayton along side. He's too big for a safety or corner to deal with and too fast for most linebackers. He'll be the #2 TE (yes he will perform better than Gates) in fantasy football this year.
Thanks, sounds good.

Eleazar
09-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Johnson, Clayton, Heap.