PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs feature coming up on SportsCenter...

tk13
09-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Talking about Priest having to share the load with LJ. Just a heads up.

shaneo69
09-06-2005, 09:49 PM
You beat me to it!! :banghead:

Chiefs Pantalones
09-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Saw it at 5.

Mr. Kotter
09-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Saw it at 5.

And? :hmmm:

Eleazar
09-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Says he's capable of the same numbers as before, same records. Vermeil says he hasn't lost anything.

Narrator said he could perhaps give 35% of the carries to LJ. Vermeil mentions something like Holmes getting 20-22 and LJ geting 10-12.

DV says he wants to win and is fine with a diminished role.

LJ says it'll be competitive to see who makes the bigger plays and wins a bigger share of the playing time.

DV says LJ will eventually start here and be a pro bowler.

Priest says he won't extend his career just to make a paycheck. Says he sees himself playing 2 more years (10 total). Doesn't want to be someone who hung them up long after the tank was empty.

That was about it.

Deberg_1990
09-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Says he's capable of the same numbers as before, same records. Vermeil says he hasn't lost anything.

Narrator said he could perhaps give 35% of the carries to LJ. Vermeil mentions something like Holmes getting 20-22 and LJ geting 10-12.

LJ says it'll be competitive to see who makes the bigger plays and wins a bigger share of the playing time.

Priest says he won't extend his career just to make a paycheck. Says he sees himself playing 2 more years (10 total). Doesn't want to be someone who hung them up long after the tank was empty.

That was about it.

Basically nothing we have not heard before then....

Mr. Kotter
09-06-2005, 09:56 PM

That was about it.

Cool, thanks.

BTW, it's good to see you back.

shaneo69
09-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Priest thinks of himself as a bishop (chess) on the playing field. Wants to play 2 more years before retiring (only wants to play 10 years total). Thinks he can still set TD-scoring records.

DV wants to get Priest 20-22 carries per game and LJ 12-14 carries. Says LJ will one day be All-Pro.

LJ said they basically have a competition going as to who can make the bigger plays when they're out on the field.

Priest has more yards after age 30 than Jim Brown, O.J. Simpson, and Earl Campbell.

tk13
09-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Just talked to Priest, LJ, and DV. Priest and DV both said there's no question Priest hasn't lost a step, he can still break records. DV said there's no question that one day LJ is going to be the featured guy, and he's going to be an All-Pro. Ed Werder said that Priest faces the prospect of losing about 35% of his carries. DV said that if we can get Priest 20-22 carries, and LJ 12-14 carries a game, we should be humming pretty good. Both Priest and LJ came off well, saying the competition was going to be good for them individually obviously, and they both realize there's going to be times when the other guy is getting more carries. Priest said he just wants to win, he's got a rushing title, a TD record, but they still haven't won a Super Bowl, so he understand that having another RB just as talented as he is has to get carries. He also realizes how some RB's get past 30 and decline and keep trying to play, he doesn't want to be that guy. Says most RB's seem to last about 10 years, so he thinks he might have two more years in him.

Chiefs Pantalones
Basically nothing we have not heard before then....

Yep. That's why I didn't care to post anything when I saw it at 5pm.

I think this is Priest's last year here. They can't keep someone as a good as LJ on the pine too much longer.

(Priest, make me eat my words with a great year that we can only ask for more...)

CosmicPal
Did I phucking miss it?
:banghead:

tk13
09-06-2005, 09:59 PM
I got owned there. Nevermind. :)

Eleazar
09-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Did I phucking miss it?
:banghead:

I think after baseball tonight they run sportcenter about 37 times in a row, if you really want to see it.

Mostly fluff, nothing too interesting. Both guys came off well like they were going to thrive on the competition and cared more about winning than anything else.

shaneo69
09-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Mostly fluff, nothing too interesting. Both guys came off well like they were going to thrive on the competition and cared more about winning than anything else.

Except for that part where LJ said if he isn't starting by week 5 (at which point he attains a year of service for free agency purposes), he'll sit out the rest of the year. I found that a little troubling.

nychief
09-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Except for that part where LJ said if he isn't starting by week 5 (at which point he attains a year of service for free agency purposes), he'll sit out the rest of the year. I found that a little troubling.

huh?

beer bacon
09-06-2005, 10:24 PM

I was also a little bothered by the part where LJ said that if Green didn't give him the rock 30 times a game he was going to get into a slap fight with him ala TO/McNabb.

nychief
09-06-2005, 10:25 PM
I was also a little bothered by the part where LJ said that if Green didn't give him the rock 30 times a game he was going to get into a slap fight with him ala TO/McNabb.
OH MY GOD!

shaneo69
09-06-2005, 10:27 PM

I think you may have misunderstood that part. He actually mentioned going up into the booth and bitch-slapping Saunders if he didn't get it 30x per game.

mcan
09-06-2005, 10:32 PM
LJ said he beat old lady to death and shoved rocks up her dead a$$. Then went to McDonalds and had a Happy Meal. I think he's on qualudes too... He also said that he's excited to be more a part of the offense and that he's never shot at police officers. He said that several times... Nobody even asked him, so he really means it.

beer bacon
09-06-2005, 10:36 PM
LJ said he beat old lady to death and shoved rocks up her dead a$$. Then went to McDonalds and had a Happy Meal. I think he's on qualudes too... He also said that he's excited to be more a part of the offense and that he's never shot at police officers. He said that several times... Nobody even asked him, so he really means it.

Was that before or after Priest and LJ had the nacho eating contest?

keg in kc
09-06-2005, 10:41 PM
He said he loves smoking weed, too.

Oh wait, wrong dude. Sorry.

mcan
09-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Was that before or after Priest and LJ had the nacho eating contest?

Way before... The nachos was close to the end of the interview. I distinctly remember that they were almost naked by the time they were eating nachos.

thepascalblaze
09-07-2005, 03:38 AM
...naked except for the zebra costume head sitting on their collective lap (big zebra) while they each unkowingly daydreamed in darkness of the same future wherein, whenin, whatin, whoin wished they were flogging a horse so dead the dust of its bones had blown outward in so many winds that they did and at that point they accidentally dropped a flail of leather and glass full of silver and gold on the freshly expired corpse of a spontenieously aborted fole.

Hammock Parties
09-07-2005, 03:50 AM
OMG this thread is hilarious. ROFL

tk13
09-07-2005, 04:46 AM
I thought the best part was when DV, Priest, and LJ started stomping in rhythm together... and broke out into a rousing re-enactment of Riverdance!

mcan
09-07-2005, 07:17 AM
I thought the best part was when DV, Priest, and LJ started stomping in rhythm together... and broke out into a rousing re-enactment of Riverdance!

It wasn't Dick's best performance though. He was kinda phoning it in, and LJ didn't even know all the moves. But he'll learn eventually. I saw Dick Vermeil do his Riverdance thing once in Des Moines, IA. While he was doing college games, during the offseason, he was a street mime there. We'd sit around and sip (fake) coffee, and I'd talk about world hunger or whatever, and he'd pretend he couldn't hear me because he was trapped in a box. Then the Riverdance stuff. Back then, he was really spectacular. I'm not positive (because Dick never talked in make-up) but I'm pretty sure that Vermeil told a mimed sock puppet story about teaching Michael Flatley how to do the dance in the first place.