PDA

View Full Version : What the hell? Another rate my FF team...

Dartgod
09-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Why not? Everyone else is doing it.

Non keeper league, start QBx1, RBx2, WRx3, Kx1 and DEFx1 (no TE).

Quarterbacks
Palmer, Carson CIN
Pennington, Chad NYJ

Running backs
Holmes, Priest KC
Westbrook, Brian PHI
Barlow, Kevan SF
Blaylock, Derrick NYJ
Thomas, Anthony DAL

Receivers
Johnson, Chad CIN
Ward, Hines PIT
Williams, Roy DET
Bryant, Antonio CLE
Kennison, Eddie KC
Crumpler, Alge ATL

Kicker
Longwell, Ryan GB

Defense
Ravens

I intended to handcuff Priest with LJ, but some dickhead grabbed him two spots ahead of me in round 5. So I'm a little thin on depth at RB, but other than that I like this team.

Demonpenz
09-07-2005, 09:17 AM
what do you see out of westbrook? I have him edge and rudi johnson. I like westbrook alot but i think i may have my homer glasses on

morphius
09-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Well, that draft make me feel a lot better about my auction league draft.

Seam really thin at RB, two tier 3 or lower QB's, good at TE, Kicker and D. Is that a 12 person league?

Dartgod
09-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Well, that draft make me feel a lot better about my auction league draft.

Seam really thin at RB, two tier 3 or lower QB's, good at TE, Kicker and D. Is that a 12 person league?Yes, 12 team. We get 1 pt. per reception for receivers, other than that, pretty much standard scoring.

Yeah, I was pretty unhappy with the way my RBs panned out. It seemed like every RB I wanted got picked just ahead of me.

The RBs and WRs are really at a premium in this league, so after the top QBs were gone early, I decided to draft WRs and wait until later for my QBs.

morphius
09-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Yes, 12 team. We get 1 pt. per reception for receivers, other than that, pretty much standard scoring.

Yeah, I was pretty unhappy with the way my RBs panned out. It seemed like every RB I wanted got picked just ahead of me.

The RBs and WRs are really at a premium in this league, so after the top QBs were gone early, I decided to draft WRs and wait until later for my QBs.
Okay, I wish people would say how many people are in their league, I normally assume 10. That does make your draft a little better though, its damn hard to build a solid team with any kind of depth with 12 people.

The more I look at it, the more I'm happy with my auction draft, not great with everyone getting two keepers.

QB - Trent Green, Brian Griese
RB - JJ Arrington, Marshall Faulk, Ahman Green, Deuce McAllister
WR - Deion Branch, Keary Colbert, Chad Johnson, Santana Moss, Samie Parker, Brandon Stokley
TE - Todd Heap, Heath Miller
K - Sebastian Janikowski, Mike Vanderjagt
DT - Cowboys, Falcons

Dartgod
09-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Okay, I wish people would say how many people are in their league, I normally assume 10. That does make your draft a little better though, its damn hard to build a solid team with any kind of depth with 12 people.

The more I look at it, the more I'm happy with my auction draft, not great with everyone getting two keepers.

QB - Trent Green, Brian Griese
RB - JJ Arrington, Marshall Faulk, Ahman Green, Deuce McAllister
WR - Deion Branch, Keary Colbert, Chad Johnson, Santana Moss, Samie Parker, Brandon Stokley
TE - Todd Heap, Heath Miller
K - Sebastian Janikowski, Mike Vanderjagt
DT - Cowboys, Falcons
Pretty solid looking team. How does the auction draft work?

morphius
09-07-2005, 09:41 AM
Pretty solid looking team. How does the auction draft work?
Auction draft is a bit different. In our league everyone starts out with $250 (fake money), then people get to throw out names and everyone gets to bid on that player, highest bid wins the player.

Our keepers cost use $5 over last years number, and after 3 years they become RFA, meaning someone can bid on them, but after the bidding is done you can chose to match the offer and keep the player at the new salary. Next year will be the first year that a lot of these guys come up to bid on, so it should be interesting to see how it works.