PDA

View Full Version : Worlds of Fun adding a coaster for 2006

jiveturkey
09-07-2005, 11:51 AM
This will be a great addition to the park and will give us more coasters than we've ever had in the past.

http://www.worldsoffun.com/public/inside%5Fpark/rides/roller%5Fcoasters/patriot/

penguinz
09-07-2005, 11:53 AM
This is a fugging repost! :p

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=123384

Buster's Dad
09-07-2005, 12:31 PM
This is a fugging repost! :p

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=123384
B.F.D. :shake:

Brock
09-07-2005, 12:35 PM
That roller coaster hates America.

Halfcan
09-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Hate the f#ckin name though-jeez Patriot is a gay name. This is Chiefs country you WOF morons. Paint the thing red and call it the Screaming Chief.

Pitt Gorilla
09-07-2005, 01:00 PM
They STILL need to replace the Orient. Give us the connected loops over water!

Dartgod
09-07-2005, 01:04 PM
They need to get rid of (or refurbish) the Timber Wolf. I rode it this year and I had friggen headache afterwards. It is waaaaaay to rough of a ride.

Brock
09-07-2005, 01:07 PM
They need to get rid of (or refurbish) the Timber Wolf. I rode it this year and I had friggen headache afterwards. It is waaaaaay to rough of a ride.

It's been that way since day one. I stay away from that thing.

Pitt Gorilla
09-07-2005, 01:17 PM
The Boss at Six Flags STL is even worse.

Dartgod
09-07-2005, 01:21 PM
No. I remember riding that thing before and it was rough, but nothing like it is now. Not even close.

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Pretty much ALL the rides at WOF are rough. They don't maintain them well at all.

Lzen
09-07-2005, 01:38 PM

Not true. Sure, by nature a wooden coaster will be more rough than a steel one. But the Timber Wolf wasn't that bad when it first opened in the late 80s. Haven't been to WOF in a few years but the last time I rode it, I noticed it was getting a lot more rough.

Brock
09-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Not true. Sure, by nature a wooden coaster will be more rough than a steel one. But the Timber Wolf wasn't that bad when it first opened in the late 80s. Haven't been to WOF in a few years but the last time I rode it, I noticed it was getting a lot more rough.

I guess it's a matter of opinion, because when I got off that thing, I had at least a couple of bruises. I never got back on it.

KC Kings
09-07-2005, 01:47 PM

Maybe you guys are just getting older and your body is getting more frail? :p
I can't say anything about getting older, as I can still handle the coasters but I am only 30 and Mary Go Rounds make me turn green. I can't handle any kind of spinning ride anymore.

I can't stand Worlds of Fun because you have to pay $25 a ticket, and they fricking charge you $9 to park! I go there once a year when my work gives us free tickets but no other time.

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Maybe you guys are just getting older and your body is getting more frail? :p
I can't say anything about getting older, as I can still handle the coasters but I am only 30 and Mary Go Rounds make me turn green. I can't handle any kind of spinning ride anymore.

At Disney World, all the rides rode much smoother and I didn't get roughed up or sick on anything except the Mission Space (my mistake). Everytime at WOF I get roughed up and feel like crap after a few rides.

jynni
09-07-2005, 01:52 PM
The Boss in at Six Flags St. Louis was the roughest rollercoaster I've ever riden. Awful - I was tossed around so hard that I smacked my head into my friend's shoulder and also hurt my back. I've heard that they have since changed something with the trains and it isn't as bad as it used to be.

Second worst ride ever is a tie between the Screamin' Eagle and Ninja at Six Flags St. Louis. I've never been more scared that a rollercoaster would actually fall apart beneath me.

Timber Wolf is having some much needed maintenance done and should be somewhat better next season.

Dartgod
09-07-2005, 01:56 PM
I go there once a year when my work gives us free tickets but no other time.
Same here.

jiveturkey
09-07-2005, 02:26 PM
They need to get rid of (or refurbish) the Timber Wolf. I rode it this year and I had friggen headache afterwards. It is waaaaaay to rough of a ride.They are currently replacing a lot of the track/wood and it's getting smoother every week.

Darkwolfe
09-07-2005, 03:37 PM

All the wood coasters are rough. You think Timber Wolf is bad? Try the Texas Giant. Owwch. I ride Timber Wolf "hands free" :D

Expect more coasters at WOF over the next few years. CyFair is the park owner now and the other big park they have is Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio. Cedar Point has probably the largest coaster collection in the world.

Nice use of "Ultimate Ride" rollercoaster simulator for the movies on the site.

Deberg_1990
09-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Its about damn time WOF got an Invert!! Finally!

Predarat
09-09-2005, 01:40 PM
I'm still pissed they took the Schussboomer out.

jynni
09-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Expect more coasters at WOF over the next few years. CyFair is the park owner now and the other big park they have is Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio. Cedar Point has probably the largest coaster collection in the world.
They've owned the park since '96 or '97 - WOF is the last of their parks (except Michigan Adventure which was only recently acquired) to get an inverted coaster.

They also own Knotts Berry Farm in CA.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm still pissed they took the Schussboomer out.

I was more pissed about losing the Zambzi Zinger. That was a classic. If they had replaced it with something decent it would have been more tolerable but they put in a crappy boomerang Coaster.

Pants
09-09-2005, 07:35 PM
I don't know but mamba felt pretty smooth when I rode it. TW is rough but it's also pussy, no adrenaline rush whatsoever. Mamba is awesome because I don't really like heights, and when I look down from the peak, my hands get sweaty... Also, the Spinning Dragons is awesome, you have no idea WTF is going on the whole ride, pretty nice. The rest sucks...

BigMeatballDave
09-10-2005, 01:24 AM
They need to get rid of (or refurbish) the Timber Wolf. I rode it this year and I had friggen headache afterwards. It is waaaaaay to rough of a ride.Heh. Go to Cedar Point at ride the Mean Streak. That thing will kick your ass...