PDA

View Full Version : Good luck to the Patriots tonight.

Rain Man
09-08-2005, 09:33 AM
If I may be so bold to speak for the group, I would like to extend the warm wishes of Chiefs fans toward our temporary Patriot allies tonight. For one night, we are one.

Ich bin ein Patrioter.

Cormac
09-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Mich too.

jspchief
09-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Have to agree. Besides just wanting to see the Faiders lose, I'd also prefer the media stay on the Pats bandwagon, rather than having to listen to them verbally fellate Oakland.

Bowser
09-08-2005, 09:40 AM
Have to agree. Besides just wanting to see the Faiders lose, I'd also prefer the media stay on the Pats bandwagon, rather than having to listen to them verbally fellate Oakland.

Agreed x2.

Red Dawg
09-08-2005, 09:41 AM
I have to diagree. I rather the Faiders win. Giving the Pats a victory should be the last thing anyone in the league should want.

Bowser
09-08-2005, 09:43 AM
I have to diagree. I rather the Faiders win. Giving the Pats a victory should be the last thing anyone in the league should want.

So you would enjoy watching a divisional rival get a win on the road against the Super Bowl favorites?

Fire Me Boy!
09-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Eine requiem fur das Raiders.

jynni
09-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Go Pats! :thumb:

Please, please, please stomp the Raiders!

Fire Me Boy!
09-08-2005, 09:46 AM
So you would enjoy watching a divisional rival get a win on the road against the Super Bowl favorites?
I could NEVER bring myself to root for anyone in the division except San Diego... because... there's too many years of just not caring about the Chargers to root against them.

King_Chief_Fan
09-08-2005, 09:48 AM
If I may be so bold to speak for the group, I would like to extend the warm wishes of Chiefs fans toward our temporary Patriot allies tonight. For one night, we are one.

Ich bin ein Patrioter.

anything wrong with hoping that they both beat the crap out of each other, ending in a tie.

Fire Me Boy!
09-08-2005, 09:48 AM
And... as much as I'd hate to see anyone get hurt... I'm not sure I'd feel back if Randy broke something and was out for the season.

As a matter of fact, couple Moss' incredibly huge ego and mouth with the fact he's a Raider, there's a VERY good chance I'd laugh my ass off if he had a season-ending injury... gawd I hate that guy.

morphius
09-08-2005, 09:54 AM
I'll be rooting for the Pats, no doubt about it! I don't want the Raiders to get the confidence that beating the Pats would do for them. I want them to be humilated to the point that their D just gives up and plays worse then last year.

Amnorix
09-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Good thread. I too will throw my support behind the Patriots....

:D

Rain Man
09-08-2005, 09:57 AM
anything wrong with hoping that they both beat the crap out of each other, ending in a tie.

We'll need a ruling from the judges on this one. I see your point, but at the same time it's inconceivable to me to want anything other than a Rai ders loss on Week 1.*

* - Potential exception would be if they play the Bron cos on Week 1.

Bowser
09-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Good thread. I too will throw my support behind the Patriots....

Way to go out on a limb. :rolleyes:

Eleazar
09-08-2005, 10:01 AM
It's ridiculous to think a Chiefs fan should be cheering for anyone other than New England tonight. The easiest way into the playoffs is winning your division. If the Raiders lose it helps us do that. If they win it hurts us.

Worrying about some kind of 15-weeks-away-hypothetical-unlikely homefieldtiebreaker ahead of winning the division makes zero sense whatsoever.

chagrin
09-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Agreed, that's creepy, rooting for the poops, inconceivable. For that reason only I would root for the Patriots to win this game.

teedubya
09-08-2005, 10:09 AM
I hope the Raiderz lose big time to the Patriots tonight, and then their plane blows up on the flight to Oakland. Is that too violent a wish?

Otter
09-08-2005, 10:11 AM

Assuming you've taken the long term effects into the matter, your logic defies me.

Go Pats.

cdcox
09-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Ich bin ein Patrioter.

So today you are Harrison Ford?

http://www.movienet.nu/film_info.asp?ID=173

Rain Man
09-08-2005, 10:17 AM
So today you are Harrison Ford?

You'd be surprised how often people mix us up.

Fire Me Boy!
09-08-2005, 10:21 AM
:hmmm: I always thought you looked more like Dustin Hoffman.

Andoverer
09-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Go Pats! Stomp the Raiders out of the Raiders and also may Adam Vinatieri kick 7 field goals from 50 yards out! (Ahem....yes he's my FFL kicker)

cdcox
09-08-2005, 10:22 AM

Based on what I saw at your corporate website, there is no denying that.

chagrin
09-08-2005, 10:25 AM
:hmmm: I always thought you looked more like Dustin Hoffman.

You're both wrong...

Buck Henry

bogie
09-08-2005, 10:31 AM
Go Pats! Shut down Moss and their running game. Score 42 points. Humiliate both sides of the ball.

Warrior5
09-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Ich auch!

Fire Me Boy!
09-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Go Pats! Stomp the Raiders out of the Raiders and also may Adam Vinatieri kick 7 field goals from 50 yards out! (Ahem....yes he's my FFL kicker)
Yeah, I've Janikowski on my FFL team and I'm expecting him to see some action tonight!

Although... I do have to admit I had to take nine showers after I drafted... I picked two Raid-ers and felt VERY dirty... scum-like. I felt like I had Raid-er all over me.

:Lin:

chiefs4me
09-08-2005, 10:33 AM

Ich bin ein Patrioter.

you are not speaking for me...screw those patty melts.....GO RAIDERS

Fire Me Boy!
09-08-2005, 10:35 AM
I've always wondered why nobody likes you... now I know why.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2005, 10:35 AM
"Good luck to the Patriots tonight."

Yeaahhhhh....

I'm sure they'll need it against the mighty Raiders.

chiefs4me
09-08-2005, 10:36 AM

uh..yea I would..because in the big picture, the raiders are not going anywhere this year.......

Rain Man
09-08-2005, 10:36 AM

That's like rooting for the terrorists against Spain.

chagrin
09-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Did I read that correclty?

She wrote "GO RAIDERS"

What in the hell has happened to the American Football sports fan?

%(/

chiefs4me
09-08-2005, 10:40 AM
I've always wondered why nobody likes you... now I know why.

:rolleyes:...

Bearcat
09-08-2005, 10:40 AM

The Chiefs angle is obvious on why this is so very wrong.

The media angle is fairly obvious to me, too. If the Patriots win, it's business as usual. However, you'll hear much more about them if they were to lose their home opener (unless they win by 50), as well as having to listen to all the Raiders/Moss talk. It'll be days of "What's wrong in NE?" :shake:

If I didn't like the Patriots' coverage, I'd hope for a ~10 point Patriots victory. I don't mind all of it, so I'm hoping for the 50 :)

chiefs4me
09-08-2005, 10:43 AM

She wrote "GO RAIDERS"

%(/

this football fan hates the pats with a passion......and if the lowly raiders can beat those patty melts..then best wishes to them....:harumph:

Fire Me Boy!
09-08-2005, 10:44 AM
:rolleyes:...
I'd pay someone to disable that smiley.

milkman
09-08-2005, 10:46 AM

I never thought the day would come that I would be looking forward for the start of the hockey season!

keg in kc
09-08-2005, 10:47 AM
I'd pay someone to disable that smiley.I'd pay for someone to disable chiefs4me. Not that she doesn't appear 'disabled' already.

Eleazar
09-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Alright, that is even more proof. if dp is agreeing with you then you seriously need to rethink your position.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2005, 10:50 AM

She wrote "GO RAIDERS"

%(/

Maybe she thinks Kerry Collins has a cute butt?

keg in kc
09-08-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm hoping for a brutal 4 quarters, and then a brutal overtime, and then a tie, with both teams leaving the field with nothing left for the rest of the year. I leave out injuries because that's tasteless and I fear the whiplash of karma.

chiefs4me
09-08-2005, 10:51 AM
I never thought the day would come that I would be looking forward for the start of the hockey season!

one week baby.....did you hear me..one weekkkkkkkkkkkkk.....:p

ooh...I just got goosebumps.....ROFL

of course that doesn't mean I will leave this board....this is truley the only board I have found where you can say ANYTHING.......ROFL and what would you all do if I left...;)

chagrin
09-08-2005, 10:51 AM
this football fan hates the pats with a passion......and if the lowly raiders can beat those patty melts..then best wishes to them....:harumph:

I have no problem with you speaking your mind and all, but unless you are an AFC East fan, what possible reason could you have for hating them "with a passion"?

The RAIDERS on the other hand, they are a division rival and if they won this game and God forbid it comes down to # of victories, and we are tied with division wins...that is going to suck bigtime!

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2005, 10:54 AM
KCCARNYOAKCollinsStalker

The new breed.

Playing now.

JOhn
09-08-2005, 10:54 AM
and what would you all do if I left...;)

:hmmm:

Not sure, but I'm willing to find out. :D

chiefs4me
09-08-2005, 10:55 AM
I'd pay for someone to disable chiefs4me. Not that she doesn't appear 'disabled' already.

ah keg...are we having a bad day....well come a little closer....%(/ feel better now.....ROFL

dammit phob....I want to return that freaking Xmas present.:harumph:

chiefs4me
09-08-2005, 10:59 AM
I have no problem with you speaking your mind and all, but unless you are an AFC East fan, what possible reason could you have for hating them "with a passion"?

The RAIDERS on the other hand, they are a division rival and if they won this game and God forbid it comes down to # of victories, and we are tied with division wins...that is going to suck bigtime!

because I do....that's all you need to know... how nice, I just got a pm from my good buddy at the sister board....inviting me over....wonder what he wants......ROFL it has been awhile...

StcChief
09-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Go Pats.

Light them up. Bunch of TD/yards

Brady
Dillon
Branch.

Not that my FFL team is involved here....

Send the Raiders plane into Boston harbor upon leaving town.

milkman
09-08-2005, 11:03 AM
one week baby.....did you hear me..one weekkkkkkkkkkkkk.....:p

ooh...I just got goosebumps.....ROFL

of course that doesn't mean I will leave this board....this is truley the only board I have found where you can say ANYTHING.......ROFL and what would you all do if I left...;)

Do a little dance!
:rockon:

chiefs4me
09-08-2005, 11:04 AM
KCCARNYOAKCollinsStalker

The new breed.

Playing now.

collins.....no.....now how about this ass....

chiefs4me
09-08-2005, 11:05 AM
damn....wrong end......ROFL

chagrin
09-08-2005, 11:05 AM
because I do....that's all you need to know... how nice, I just got a pm from my good buddy at the sister board....inviting me over....wonder what he wants......ROFL it has been awhile...

nice answer, shouldn't you be on the poop fan site now?

Rain Man
09-08-2005, 11:06 AM

Whoever it is, I'll bet they want to display you at show and tell. A Chiefs fan who roots for the Rai ders on Week 1* is exceedingly rare, kind of like a two-headed snake or a sheep with six legs.

*Potential exception if the Rai ders are playing the Bron cos.

keg in kc
09-08-2005, 11:06 AM
ah keg...are we having a bad day....Oh, no, I'm having a great day. The degree to which I mock people is generally a good gauge of my mood.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2005, 11:07 AM
collins.....no.....now how about this ass....

He looks like a coke addict.

All hockey players do, I just realized that.

It's either drugs, or because the arena is cold...or Canada.

chiefs4me
09-08-2005, 11:11 AM
nice answer, shouldn't you be on the poop fan site now?

maybe if I was a fan....ROFL all I said, is between the two.....I would like the raiders to win, and I made a bet with chief52.....so now do you get it...not a fan, except of course, I am a fan of randy's...but I would rather see the raiders win tonight.... it is not gonna matter in the long run to us...:p

chagrin
09-08-2005, 11:13 AM
I was just asking for a reason behind your logic, thank you

chiefs4me
09-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Whoever it is, I'll bet they want to display you at show and tell. A Chiefs fan who roots for the Rai ders on Week 1* is exceedingly rare, kind of like a two-headed snake or a sheep with six legs.

*Potential exception if the Rai ders are playing the Bron cos.

I will give you a hint......it is a he...and he is a patty fan......ROFL their board is kinda boring..even their fights leave something missing....:p

Amnorix
09-08-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm hoping for a brutal 4 quarters, and then a brutal overtime, and then a tie, with both teams leaving the field with nothing left for the rest of the year. I leave out injuries because that's tasteless and I fear the whiplash of karma.

ROFL

Amnorix
09-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Go Pats.

Light them up. Bunch of TD/yards

Brady
Dillon
Branch.

Not that my FFL team is involved here....

Send the Raiders plane into Boston harbor upon leaving town.

Dillon is going to be a ridiculous monster this year, barring injury. I'm telling you -- he's going to post obscene numbers.

chiefs4me
09-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Oh, no, I'm having a great day. The degree to which I mock people is generally a good gauge of my mood.

well good.....because you know, you are about all thats left. Donger is MIA in the DC forum, and Skip is busy with Fc, and Delt is just no fun..and all Mo wants to do is kill....so it's you baby.....ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Tell Mr. Harrison to give Mr. Moss a nice love tap tonight, Amnorix. hehe

Bowser
09-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Dillon is going to be a ridiculous monster this year, barring injury. I'm telling you -- he's going to post obscene numbers.

I'm afraid you're going to have to elaborate on this one.

Amnorix
09-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Tell Mr. Harrison to give Mr. Moss a nice love tap tonight, Amnorix. hehe

:) I'll pass that along, although I think he already has it in mind.

milkman
09-08-2005, 11:21 AM
I was just asking for a reason behind your logic, thank you

C4me and logic don't exist in the same universe.

keg in kc
09-08-2005, 11:22 AM
well good.....because you know, you are about all thats left. Donger is MIA in the DC forum, and Skip is busy with Fc, and Delt is just no fun..and all Mo wants to do is kill....so it's you baby.....Well, you know, I do pick on everybody, not just you. It's not personal, you just make it so easy. You paint bullseyes on yourself.

chiefs4me
09-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Well, you know, I do pick on everybody, not just you. It's not personal, you just make it so easy. You paint bullseyes on yourself.

ROFL.....I used chiefs red....what do you think...:p

chiefs4me
09-08-2005, 11:42 AM
C4me and logic don't exist in the same universe.

ROFL.......glad I could make you laugh.....are you having a good day....because I am.....:p

tiptap
09-08-2005, 11:58 AM
If you think the Chiefs have a chance to be a great team this year, you might want them to prove it by beating the best teams on the way to SB. (Solidify RT in running game so we get back to running both directions well, get good RT protection, throw the screens and under passes, get Wilson involved and see the improvement in defense we paid for team to be dominant.) But if we are going to be a good team and build toward at least a good showing in the playoffs then you have to work and hope for a division entry. That means that you are going to want the Patriots to beat Oakland. Every loss for the other AFC-west is a bigger hill to climb to get the division entry. We can just prove our mettle by being the undefeated team in the AFC-east as well as west.