PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Perfect Tom Brady.

Halfcan
09-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Jeez did Madden slobber on this guys knob enough. Lets see, he said

about 20 Joe Montana references
How comfortable he looked
How cool under pressure
How he makes the huddle a fun place to be.
Every pass was about as perfect as you could throw it
And about 500 more love fest quotes to make you puke.

Then they had interviews and pics of him in grade school in between Michelle Tafoya drooling all over the guy.

Could he possibly be more over-rated? I mean over-exposed by the media?

keg in kc
09-08-2005, 10:42 PM
I don't think he's overrated at all. He probably is the closest thing to Joe Montana since Joe Montana. Sure, the team's great around him, but he's the figurehead, and that's just the way it goes.

If we'd built a defense here back in '01, we might have heard the same things about Green. That's how the chips fall.

Winners win, losers complain.

Mr. Kotter
09-08-2005, 10:43 PM
As much as I'd like to agree, Brady is the man.

Yeah, Madden was a bit overboard....but what else is new.

Mecca
09-08-2005, 10:44 PM
You better get use to that, Brady is the QB of the team that has won 3 out of 4 Superbowls. He's going to get complimented heavily regardless. By the way if you think that was bad, just wait till you watch a Pats game that Phil Simms does. You'd think Brady was his long lost son.

Halfcan
09-08-2005, 10:47 PM
I think he is just an above average quarterback that gets a lot of time to throw the ball while the refs let the Pats line hold on every play. Green is a much better pure QB-but Brady has the rings, so until someone beats them, the Brady Love Fest will continue.

Hammock Parties
09-08-2005, 10:50 PM
I saw him drop an F-bomb.

Sure-Oz
09-08-2005, 10:50 PM
he's a winner nuff said

Halfcan
09-08-2005, 10:51 PM
lol mecca-I will have to tape it-I didn't get enough tonight from Madden.
Next week someone needs to start a dumb things Madden said tonight thread-he comes up with some good ones.
Tonight, Moss has the best catching radius in the NFL.
Nobody likes to run the ball more than Norv Turner!

Did anyone see Ton terrific jump Dillions shit after he was pouting after getting 3 yards in the first half. Then forth quarter Yelling F#CK- when Pats gave up the late TD.

dirk digler
09-08-2005, 10:55 PM
he's a winner nuff said

Yep.

To be the best you have to beat the best.

cdcox
09-08-2005, 10:56 PM
The guy is clutch.Brady has the same coolness under fire that Montana had. I've never seen any other QB come close to those two. Other than that they have pretty different styles.

chief99
09-08-2005, 10:58 PM
His accuracy is excellent.

greg63
09-08-2005, 11:01 PM

How cool under pressure

Then they had interviews and pics of him in grade school in between Michelle Tafoya drooling all over the guy.

Could he possibly be more over-rated?

ROFL Hey, he had to fill the dead air with something. There's no doubting Madden's knowledge of the game, but he does possess the talent for stating the obvious - which, I guess, is advantages for those who may be watching with limited understanding of the game.

Logical
09-08-2005, 11:02 PM
I don't think he's overrated at all. He probably is the closest thing to Joe Montana since Joe Montana. Sure, the team's great around him, but he's the figurehead, and that's just the way it goes.

If we'd built a defense here back in '01, we might have heard the same things about Green. That's how the chips fall.

Winners win, losers complain.Yup

Dayze
09-08-2005, 11:27 PM

How cool under pressure

Could he possibly be more over-rated?

Not sure how he can be overrated given two given 2 game winning drives in SB's and an perfect post season record thus far. Great players around him? Of course. But how many QB's have we seen with great players around them that can't capitalize on the talent?

Perhaps he's a bit overexposed by the media, but not overrated. IMO.

philfree
09-08-2005, 11:29 PM
He deserves the praise and IMO it wasn't as bad as it coulda been. When he starts gettin his butt kicked they'll talk about the teams kickin his butt. Until then he's the bomb..... Where was the Pats running game though?

PhilFree:arrow:

Taco John
09-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Forgive me Brady, for I have sinned.

Imon Yourside
09-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Forgive me Brady, for I have sinned.

You know what really bugs me about you?

YOU STILL HAVEN'T REMOVED "Those aren't pillows" in your location, Make it SO!

Gravedigger
09-09-2005, 01:51 AM
I do wish the pats would just go away I personally don think they shouldve been in that first superbowl because of tom brady's crap tuck rule thing.

Katipan
09-09-2005, 02:05 AM
he's so good because he jump ropes

KChiefsQT
09-09-2005, 02:09 AM
I like Tom Brady. Not so much a cocky sonuvbitch like a lot of guys out there would be with his past few seasons. Plus he's candy to my eyes.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2005, 02:41 AM
Didn't he bang Tara Reid?

KChiefsQT
09-09-2005, 02:48 AM

If he did it was most likely to try and clear up his good boy image.

Dr. Chief
09-09-2005, 03:24 AM

Yeah, he mounted up then kicked her to the curb. I blame the break up for her becoming the bloated party whore that she is now.

KChiefsQT
09-09-2005, 03:30 AM
Yeah, he mounted up then kicked her to the curb. I blame the break up for her becoming the bloated party whore that she is now.

well said.

MGRS13
09-09-2005, 06:01 AM
It's hard to be over rated with two SB MNP's and 3 championships in 4 years. The guy's good. I thank what you ment to say was Maddens a jack ass. And you're right about that, but not because he says Bradys great only because once again he's stating to obvious.

Amnorix
09-09-2005, 06:10 AM

Yeah! Good points!! That two time Super Bowl MVP, three time Super Bowl winning, 9-0 playoff record, highest winning percentage in NFL history (minimum of 40 starts) punk. WTF has he ever done?! It's an outrage, I tell ya. An outrage!!

Otter
09-09-2005, 06:14 AM
Yeah! Good points!! That two time Super Bowl MVP, three time Super Bowl winning, 9-0 playoff record, highest winning percentage in NFL history (minimum of 40 starts) punk. WTF has he ever done?! It's an outrage, I tell ya. An outrage!!

I'll give credit where credit is due. Brady is good, he can scan reads 1 thru 5 in about 2 seconds and throw the correct pass 9 out of 10 times.

He's good and he's humble. I like him.

Mecca
09-09-2005, 06:15 AM

I wonder if that means that he has some STD that man has never seen before. Considering well it is Tara Reid and we all know about her.

That jumping rope thing was really getting on my nerves. But well that's more Madden being a complete tool than Tom Bradys fault I guess. Madden just rambles on and on about the most inane things. I'm really tired of him I wish he'd take his fat head off my tv and do something else.

Red Dawg
09-09-2005, 06:24 AM
Until Brady proves he can carry a team with his arm, he will never be Montana. Brady is on a great team and he is really good but the Pats defense has been an advantage that Montana and other great QB's have not had.

Mecca
09-09-2005, 06:26 AM
Until Brady proves he can carry a team with his arm, he will never be Montana. Brady is on a great team and he is really good but the Pats defense has been an advantage that Montana and other great QB's have not had.

The 49ers had a top 5 defense when Montana was winning his bowls........ The 49ers were the best overall team in the league for much of the 80's. So I think your a little off with that comment.

Amnorix
09-09-2005, 06:42 AM

Your statement goes waaay too far. Ronnie Lott was as good a a safety as there has ever been, and Montana's teams were loaded with talent, both both sides of the ball but especially on offense. Don't even sit there for half a second and tell me that Brady had half the talent on offense to work with that Montana had, especially in '01 and '03, with freaking Antowain Smith carrying the rock, and the no-name, all-average WR corps to work with.

|Zach|
09-09-2005, 06:45 AM
I hate to be a dick but it seems like every take you have is misinformed and just generally not right. ROFL

I know everyone has opinions but wow...

Dartgod
09-09-2005, 07:04 AM
Brady? Eh, he's no rich Scanlon...

Brock
09-09-2005, 07:07 AM

My God, are you ever right?

dtebbe
09-09-2005, 08:13 AM
He's the Jeff Gordon of football. Talented, clean cut, humble, the kind of guy you really want to hate, but shouldn't. I get tired of all the knob slobbing, but I guess he really is an OK dude.

DT

whtgldwldr
09-09-2005, 08:46 AM
I saw him drop an F-bomb.

I saw that too, I laughed sooooo hard! Almost as hard as when Randy Moss threw the ball backwards instead of catching it.

Chief Henry
09-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Put it this way. Iwish KC had a TOm Brady in the waiting after Trent Green. Tom Brady is one COOL
cutomer. I saw on ESPN that the got into the grill of Cory Dillon on national TV. Thats what you call taking the bull by the horns. You know who's
in charge in New England. I might have to go look up a TOm Brady rookie card. I might put it beside
my Joe Montana Rookie card.

KevB
09-09-2005, 09:08 AM
IMO Brady is underexposed. When the media speaks of the "great" QBs in today's game, the names Manning, Favre, Culpepper and McNabb are routinely mentioned before Brady. The guy is money. He's very accurate, to the point that he hits guys on the right side of their body away from a defender. He has great pocket presence. He's obviously a great leader. He's smart, well-spoken....not sure there's anything not to like about the guy.

Oh, and Bridget Moynahan is amazing.

Amnorix
09-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Put it this way. Iwish KC had a TOm Brady in the waiting after Trent Green. Tom Brady is one COOL
cutomer. I saw on ESPN that the got into the grill of Cory Dillon on national TV. Thats what you call taking the bull by the horns. You know who's
in charge in New England. I might have to go look up a TOm Brady rookie card. I might put it beside
my Joe Montana Rookie card.

He's a terrific team leader. It's very difficult to be a star/icon, "just a regular guy", and yet be a team leader. Brady somehow pulls all that off.

You should see the stories about how the OLinemen mock him. Pretty hilarious.

Chief Faithful
09-09-2005, 09:21 AM
I couldn't have been more impressed than I was with Brady last night.

What drove me nuts was ABC switching to off-field camera's between every play. Over and over they would switch back to the game just before the snap. It created a hugh distraction.

Eleazar
09-09-2005, 09:24 AM

Are you this dense? All the guy does is win.

I wish we had some more players on our roster as 'over-rated' as Brady is. Like the kind who have won 3 super bowls and aren't even 30 yet.

penguinz
09-09-2005, 09:25 AM
He's the Jeff Gordon of football. Talented, clean cut, humble, the kind of guy you really want to hate, but shouldn't. I get tired of all the knob slobbing, but I guess he really is an OK dude.

DTHe is gay?

Eleazar
09-09-2005, 09:27 AM

Since when did Montana carry a team with his arm? Nobody ever played with more talent around them than he did.