PDA

View Full Version : Need sub-contractors

Phobia
09-08-2005, 11:05 PM
I landed a rather large job - kinda. The people jerked me around for about a month and finally agreed to sign a contract today. Only problem is the subs I had lined up are on other jobs now.

So, I need some immediate help in the KC area. If you know somebody who is looking for a construction job, drop me a line. If you're a sub looking for immediate work, let me know. I have some concrete/masonry work, some indoor framing, some electrical, demo, painting, plumbing, etc. Thanks.

Demonpenz
09-08-2005, 11:07 PM
spammer :)

Simplex3
09-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Do we actually have to have any experience or skills? Or is the general "Mexican laborer" good enough?

;)

Donger
09-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Do you have need of a hygiene consultant/sub-contractor? I've tons of experience, but it does not come cheaply.

Nzoner
09-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Spanky does concrete work etc. you want I ask him to give you a call?

el borracho
09-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Do we actually have to have any experience or skills? Or is the general "Mexican laborer" good enough?

;)Phil only wants subcontractors who have great skills. You know, like numchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills.

Simplex3
09-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Phil only wants subcontractors who have great skills. You know, like numchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills.
I'm in then. I can't do any real work but I'm all over it with the computers.

Nzoner
09-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Dude, you have to hire a guy named Spanky.

You remember Spanky,big dude with the A class fireworks.

Nzoner
09-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Heck, ya. I like any guy that approaches me when I'm hammered and offers to let me shoot of some mortars.

He's bringing more this year.

Phobia
09-09-2005, 12:21 AM
Yeah - drop Spanky's number to me or give him mine, please.

Nzoner
09-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Yeah - drop Spanky's number to me or give him mine, please.

I'll give him a call in the morning,he'd make a damn fine collections guy too,well if you ever find yourself needing one again.

Braincase
09-09-2005, 06:24 AM
keg in kc was looking for some extra work...

Manila-Chief
09-09-2005, 06:32 AM
My nephew lost his plumbing contracting business down in Waveland, MS, but doubt he would go all the way to K.C. Too bad you can't contact some of those displaced by the storm!!! They may get to like K.C.

Otter
09-09-2005, 06:34 AM
I tend to bend nails and get in the way alot but I make a great drinking buddy at the end of the day.

Start out at $35 and hour and I like to cat nap.

I'll PM you my contact info.

Skip Towne
09-09-2005, 07:24 AM
This thread should be moved to the "Technical and Trades" forum.

NewChief
09-09-2005, 07:35 AM
My nephew lost his plumbing contracting business down in Waveland, MS, but doubt he would go all the way to K.C. Too bad you can't contact some of those displaced by the storm!!! They may get to like K.C.

That's a great idea. There are quite a few "refugees" in our area. Unfortunately, I doubt that most of them were able to salvage their tools. I imagine you need full crews with tools, Phil?

ptlyon
09-09-2005, 07:39 AM
This thread should be moved to the "Technical and Trades" forum.

And you should be moved to a nursing home.

Phobia
09-09-2005, 09:12 AM
That's a great idea. There are quite a few "refugees" in our area. Unfortunately, I doubt that most of them were able to salvage their tools. I imagine you need full crews with tools, Phil?

Nah. I have a working trailer with all the tools somebody would need. I'd love to hire displaced workers for this job.

NewChief
09-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Nah. I have a working trailer with all the tools somebody would need. I'd love to hire displaced workers for this job.

Cool. I've been needing to go up to one of the shelters where they're at and deliver a donation. I'll ask around up there.

PastorMikH
09-09-2005, 09:23 AM
Too bad you can't contact some of those displaced by the storm!!! They may get to like K.C.

Say, that's a good idea. Phil, maybe you could contact Denise and have her check with all the displaced people she has staying at her house to see if they could be of help to you.

|Zach|
09-09-2005, 09:26 AM
I was listening to a radio show and a guy was talking about that. Telling everyone that needed a few good people to get in touch with everyone they know in NO...there has to be someone that can do for them what they did in NO. Try to get a hold of people that were business owners who of course can't pay their employees but want to try and do something to help out.

I don't know man...maybe make some calls to folks you know that line cant be too long to some people who could use a good job. Sounds a little orugh logistically but something cool could happen from it.

It was intereting to think about...there are a bunch of people without work that make up a spectrum of people that run the gambit of doing literally everything.

Lzen
09-09-2005, 09:45 AM
And you should be moved to a nursing home.

ROFL