PDA

View Full Version : Although this pains me, I almost hope San Diego wins Sunday

Coogs
09-12-2000, 10:28 AM
And don't give me any crap about not being a true Chiefs fan either. I want some changes to be made on this team, and it seems the best way for this to happen is for the coaching staff to go. If we win to many games this season, I fear we will be stuck with this same thing again next season. The bottom line is "I WANT MY TEAM TO BE BETTER".

Back in the 70's and 80's, I also wanted us to lose the last game of the season a couple of times in order to get a slot or two higher in the draft. We won those games, and I was pissed for several days, knowing we blew our chance to pick up a stud offensive playmaker. Unfortunately, it's been enough years ago, I can't exactally remember who the players were now. But it still did not mean I am not a true Chiefs fan.

When you want what is best for your team, that is a true fan. In the short run, a win would be good for our team. In the long run, a loss might be better!

ChiTown
09-12-2000, 10:31 AM
Coogs -

I'll agree to this: a record of 7-9 to 9-7 would make my head hurt. This will get us nowhere in the draft, and may not elicit enough response from mgmt to fire coaching.

ct
09-12-2000, 10:32 AM
Don't worry Coogs, some just object with the strategy. I've felt the same off and on as well. I just can't seem to get the propaganda out of my head that perhaps we can still win! Call me crazy, but I still have hope!

------------------
[b]ct
The 3 Stooges must go!!</B>

Coogs
09-12-2000, 10:39 AM
coryt,

That is why it pains me. I still feel we can win also, and want us to win, but am just not sure this coaching staff can lead us. Look at the discontent by Grbac in the Star article.

I saw our first 2 Super Bowl apperances, so if I die before we get to another one, at least I saw us play in 2. However, since I am only 44, I would like to think I am going to be around a few more years, but you never know.

I hate to not go for it every year, but deep down, I really don't feel like this team is going to make it under our current system.

Therefore, I would like to see some coaching changes made, and some philosophy changes made, especially on offense, that best affords all of us to see our Chiefs play in the Super Bowl again one day!<P>

Dr. Red
09-12-2000, 10:51 AM
You are not a real fan. Please root for someone else and quit embarrassing the real fans. Thanks

Coogs
09-12-2000, 11:03 AM
Dr Red,

Trust me, I am a real fan. Have been since 65 or 66. I am not a fan of our coaching staff. That does not mean I am not a Chiefs fan!!!

bishop_74
09-12-2000, 11:05 AM
Damn Dr. Red, cool it... we all have our hopes, dreams, and strategies. You don't have to agree with his strategies, but that is a stab in the heart to support a team for so long, and to not be considered a fan.

ck_IN
09-12-2000, 11:12 AM
So Doc what exactly does define a true fan?

*curious*

ChiTown
09-12-2000, 11:13 AM
Ahh, someone, once again, helping describle what is and is not a fan.

Do us a favor Dr. Red, keep your fandom requirements to yourself. Everyone's model is different. It's what makes us individuals. Otherwise, you are trying to create a Hitler like fan base, which blindly follows (with faults)without question.

For myself, I like to support the team through thick and thin. However, I have my own thoughts on how I would like the org. to operate and advance, which is different from some and similar to others. I'm constructively critical at times, but my support never wanes.

KCWolfman
09-12-2000, 11:13 AM
Chuck - You don't want to know, trust me.

Logical
09-12-2000, 11:14 AM
Coogs,

Do not even bother with Dr. Red, in my opinion after observing him for a week he is a neophyte with no concept of what being a true fan is all about.

Brothers in arms for the Chiefs since 65 and I am 45 so I have been through the great the bad and the good.

------------------
Jim Reynolds
Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

Dr. Red
09-12-2000, 12:16 PM
Wait here I'm going to get my real fan groove on as defined by posters on this thread.

1. The chiefs suck.

2. The coaches suck.

3. The players suck.

4. The GM Sucks.

5. Arrowhead sucks.

6. Lamar sucks.

The only think that don't suck is my opinion cause well I'm a real fan.

Absolutely hillarious. Look in the mirror people.

Coogs
09-12-2000, 12:28 PM
Dr. Red,

Putting this in laymans terms for you, sometimes you have tho take a step back before you can go forward.

I have already recanted on another thread the "I almost hope San Diego wins Sunday", if Raye is fired!

With Raye at the helm of the offense, we are doomed to stay on the dead end path we are now walking.