PDA

View Full Version : Sub-forum decision

Pages : [1] 2 3

Phobia
09-09-2005, 10:53 AM
We have 4 sub-forums stuck at the top of the page. We need to add a "Games" sub-forum during the season for all our Gambling, pick'em, score, fantasy, etc. games which accompany the regular season.

I don't want more than 4 sub-forums at the top, so one of them needs moved. Which one?

Taco John
09-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Easy... Take down the one that has the fewest threads... ;)

Taco John
09-09-2005, 10:55 AM
You also might consider another poll option... removing them from up there altogether and just putting them in the main index... :)

teedubya
09-09-2005, 10:55 AM
get rid of that DC shit.

shakesthecat
09-09-2005, 10:56 AM
DC is a waste of bandwidth and drive space.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 10:56 AM
can't you just put "planet store" as a regular link up by the "donation" link or something and combine Games and Geeks

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=46613&stc=1

chagrin
09-09-2005, 10:57 AM
get rid of that DC shit.

I agree with the evil one

teedubya
09-09-2005, 10:59 AM
I agree with the evil one

the evil one, eh?

Phobia
can't you just put "planet store" as a regular link up by the "donation" link or something.

doesn't seem like it's really a forum :shrug:

That's the eventual plan. I want the fewest sub-forums up there as we can manage, but I also can't ignore the convenience factor.

stumppy
can't you just put "planet store" as a regular link up by the "donation" link or something.

doesn't seem like it's really a forum :shrug:

[/edit] or maybe put the Store link where those temporary arrowhead search buttons etc are still at.

What Laz said.

Donger
09-09-2005, 11:00 AM
DC is a waste of bandwidth and drive space.

I would tend to agree. It's become rather pathetic.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2005, 11:04 AM
DC has become a pathetic joke. I still wander over to be amused on occaision, but it's certainly not our best "side".....make people dig for it a bit, if they are looking for a circle jerk.

Bowser
09-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Can you merge PlanetStore with the Pictures? Easier that way to "See Where ChiefsPlanet Has Been".

chagrin
09-09-2005, 11:06 AM
The whole thing seems to be one or two people arguing semantics with everyone who disagrees with them, it's a friggin neverending cycle of angry, insulting banter.

P.S. GeeksPlanet has much more to offer. There are alot of dudes on there with good knowledge, I certainly learn alot from it. The DC Forum doesn't "teach" me anything

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Easy... Take down the one that has the fewest threads... ;)

That is far too logical.

As is taking down the one with the least amount of daily hits. :rolleyes:

ct
09-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Pictures
For those who partake, they know where to find it. For those of us at work, don't want to see it.

If there is a way for me to turn off all the sub-forums, so I don't see ANY of them, that would be ideal.

Goapics1
09-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Yes

Phobia
09-09-2005, 11:11 AM
That is far too logical.

Far too logical to somebody not paying the bills, perhaps. I'm not automatically removing PlanetStore. It is supposed to be a revenue generator.

If the general populous chooses the Store to be moved, that's what I'll do. I know this democracy stuff is really not the type of leadership you prefer, but it is proven. My shoulders are large enough to handle the criticism even though I'm simply following the wishes of my constituents.

Eleazar
09-09-2005, 11:11 AM
I would say DC but I can't see it anymore PBJ PBJ

the Talking Can
09-09-2005, 11:12 AM
DC has become a pathetic joke. I still wander over to be amused on occaision, but it's certainly not our best "side".....make people dig for it a bit, if they are looking for a circle jerk.
ROFL

you've had the biggest face plant of anybody, perhaps ever, in the DC forum....you are the problem you're talking about....

anyways, this isn't complicated..the DC Forum is more popular than all the others...combined....multiplied by 4....

it's funny how angry it makes people who supposedly never go over there, and supposedly don't care...

Simplex3
09-09-2005, 11:12 AM
That is far too logical.

You just want to keep DC easily accessible because it's the only place you spend any time.

I vote to kick DC out. It's become a caricature of itself. I haven't seen a reasonable discussion carried on over there in months. Leave it on the board to keep that garbage off the main board, but it doesn't need to be linked off of the main page. Ever.

Brock
09-09-2005, 11:13 AM
This place would be better if the DC forum was just gotten rid of.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 11:15 AM
You just want to keep DC easily accessible because it's the only place you spend any time.

I vote to kick DC out. It's become a caricature of itself. I haven't seen a reasonable discussion carried on over there in months. Leave it on the board to keep that garbage off the main board, but it doesn't need to be linked off of the main page. Ever.

You are an idiot. I was here posting during the game last night.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2005, 11:15 AM

DC has become the same 10-12 people, who account for about 70% of the posts on the entire forum.....with occaisional pot shots from those of us who are amused by the carwreck it has become.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Far too logical to somebody not paying the bills, perhaps. I'm not automatically removing PlanetStore. It is supposed to be a revenue generator.

If the general populous chooses the Store to be moved, that's what I'll do. I know this democracy stuff is really not the type of leadership you prefer, but it is proven. My shoulders are large enough to handle the criticism even though I'm simply following the wishes of my constituents.

My point was not to remove a revenue generator if it is the least hit forum. Clearly, having that forum there helps to maintain the board so you would not remove that one. Besides, it's not a discussion board. The board that generates the least hits (and is a discussion board) should be the one that goes...logically speaking.

chagrin
09-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Far too logical to somebody not paying the bills, perhaps.

Beautiful
:clap:

Simplex3
My point was not to remove a revenue generator if it is the least hit forum. Clearly, having that forum there helps to maintain the board so you would not remove that one. Besides, it's not a discussion board. The board that generates the least hits (and is a discussion board) should be the one that goes...logically speaking.
How about removing the one that has the least positive impact? If I had 10 people a day give me a hug and 20 people a day kick me in the shins I'd still rather get rid of the larger group.

Raiderhater

I am curious then, are you advocating that politics be allowed back on the main forum, or just not allowed at all?

Chiefnj
09-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Wouldn't getting rid of the DC Forum just result in those topics being posted in the lounge?

Phobia
09-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Getting rid of D.C. is not an option.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 11:23 AM
How about removing the one that has the least positive impact? If I had 10 people a day give me a hug and 20 people a day kick me in the shins I'd still rather get rid of the larger group.

Because Phobia has before stated that generating hits for a website is an important component to the web site's existence. Especially if they are going to seek advertisers or supporters down the line...

Bowser
09-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Wouldn't getting rid of the DC Forum just result in those topics being posted in the lounge?

Yeah, DC should stay for that reason alone.

Bury the Pictures section, if nothing else. If we can find the Romper Room, we'll find the Pics.

Simplex3
09-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Because Phobia has before stated that generating hits for a website is an important component to the web site's existence. Especially if they are going to seek advertisers or supporters down the line...
And you'd lose the ability to get to DC if it weren't linked off the main page because you're too stupid to go back a level, right? Sorry, I should have been more sensitive to that issue.

Hits are hits no matter where something is linked from.

dirk digler
09-09-2005, 11:27 AM

Thank you.

the Talking Can
09-09-2005, 11:27 AM
I'd like to change my vote.

I voted for the store based on numbers. But I can see how that might be shortsided (revenue, baby).

So, I'm voting for pictures. We'll always find the pron, no matter where it hides.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 11:28 AM
And you'd lose the ability to get to DC if it weren't linked off the main page because you're too stupid to go back a level, right? Sorry, I should have been more sensitive to that issue.

Hits are hits no matter where something is linked from.

Well then removing a lesser hit forum would not matter...

Donger
09-09-2005, 11:29 AM

Out of curiosity, why not? Some technical issue, or do you fear that with that outlet gone, people would start posting on the main forum?

Simplex3
09-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Well then removing a lesser hit forum would not matter...
Once again, why keep the irratant in people's faces. Frankly with the behavior going on over there I'd just as soon people have to dig to find it. It's most certainly not puttting the best foot forward for the board.

Phobia
09-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Out of curiosity, why not? Some technical issue, or do you fear that with that outlet gone, people would start posting on the main forum?

Well, D.C. was established by a vote. It would take a vote to undo it. I think ChiefsPlanet is vastly improved by removal of cantankerous threads from the lounge. I believe my opinion is shared by the majority based upon previous votes and feedback.

So, to answer your question - the latter reason.

Chiefnj
09-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Here are 4 subforums that should encompass everything:

1. Planet Store.
2. Place to argue with Denise.
3. Place For Big Daddy's Pictures and Rants.
4. Games and Geeks.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Once again, why keep the irratant in people's faces. Frankly with the behavior going on over there I'd just as soon people have to dig to find it. It's most certainly not puttting the best foot forward for the board.
that's only because it's no longer dominated by people with opinions you agree with.

when it was dominated by the right, it was all candy and roses.

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 11:34 AM

I seriously question just how much that matters to most.

Brock
09-09-2005, 11:35 AM
that's only because it's no longer dominated by people with opinions you agree with.

when it was dominated by the right, it was all candy and roses.

ROFL Right. Who's "dominating" it now? :rolleyes:

dirk digler
09-09-2005, 11:35 AM

1. Planet Store.
4. Games and Geeks.

I like the Games and Geeks.

Good idea.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 11:36 AM
ROFL Right. Who's "dominating" it now? :rolleyes:
people you don't like .................... big surprise :rolleyes:

memyselfI
Once again, why keep the irritant in people's faces. Frankly with the behavior going on over there I'd just as soon people have to dig to find it. It's most certainly not puttting the best foot forward for the board.

I don't care where it. But if it is the second most accessed board (and I don't know for sure it is) then it's rather juvenile to bury it simply because it's an 'irritant' to some who allow it to be so.

I was for moving the Girlie thread off the main board because it was too accessible by accident. People who would come here for the first time might have gotten a welcome or unwelcome surprise. It's worked fine. It still gets plenty of hits and is still going strong. It would make no sense to move the pictures/girlie forum either.

Raiderhater

1. Planet Store.
4. Games and Geeks.

Why the hell would we want rants in a subforum? Those are often times some of the best reads.

Eleazar
The DC forum should be moved someplace where you need an ancient artifact and the planets have to be in alignment to open it.

the Talking Can
09-09-2005, 11:37 AM

1. Planet Store.
4. Games and Geeks.

not a bad idea...

Phobia
I seriously question just how much that matters to most.

Right. I don't think that is relavent. D.C. is clearly marked with disclaimers. N00bs shouldn't click into that forum expecting a parade in their honor.

Donger
Well, D.C. was established by a vote. It would take a vote to undo it. I think ChiefsPlanet is vastly improved by removal of cantankerous threads from the lounge. I believe my opinion is shared by the majority based upon previous votes and feedback.

So, to answer your question - the latter reason.

Understood. So, what would you say to a vote to remove DC during the regular (and hopefully post-) season? And, if anyone posts a political thread in the main forum, they will be banned immediately?

I suppose that a defintion of a 'political thread' would need to be established, but I think that could be accomplished rather easily.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 11:38 AM

1. Planet Store.
4. Games and Geeks.

ROFL

Oh man, that would be a test of wills for some folks...showing up there while previously claiming the deep desire to ignore. ROFL ROFL

chagrin
09-09-2005, 11:38 AM
The only question then Phob is why did you include it in the poll?
So far, it is winning (or losing) the count...

Why don't you do a new thread, taking a poll by all members, that would pretty much clear it up, wouldn't it?

chiefqueen
09-09-2005, 11:39 AM
get rid of that DC shit.

But one should have to go to page 2 or 3 to get a real FB thread.

Bowser
09-09-2005, 11:39 AM
My "official" answer -

Bury DC, and combine PlanetStore with either GeeksPlanet or Pictures.

When can I expect my first royalties check?

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Right. I don't think that is relavent. D.C. is clearly marked with disclaimers. N00bs shouldn't click into that forum expecting a parade in their honor.

But some do... ROFL

dirk digler
Understood. So, what would you say to a vote to remove DC during the regular (and hopefully post-) season? And, if anyone posts a political thread in the main forum, they will be banned immediately?

I suppose that a defintion of a 'political thread' would need to be established, but I think that could be accomplished rather easily.

Sorry Donger but I don't like that idea. There have been alot of threads that started out as non political and ended up political.

Keep the DC but I don't care where you put it.

Raiderhater
I don't care where it. But if it is the second most accessed board (and I don't know for sure it is) then it's rather juvenile to bury it simply because it's an 'irritant' to some who allow it to be so.

I was for moving the Girlie thread off the main board because it was too accessible by accident. People who would come here for the first time might have gotten a welcome or unwelcome surprise. It's worked fine. It still gets plenty of hits and is still going strong. It would make no sense to move this forum either.

I was trying to hold my tongue (fingers), but this is so assanine that I have lost my self control.

That thread is clearly labled as to what is inside. There is no "accidental" viewing of it. Unless you just caan't read, but in that case I don't know why you would be using this median to converse with people. Gawd, your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 11:41 AM
I was trying to hold my tongue (fingers), but this is so assanine that I have lost my self control.

That thread is clearly labled as to what is inside. There is no "accidental" viewing of it. Unless you just caan't read, but in that case I don't know why you would be using this median to converse with people. Gawd, your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

It's clearly marked NOW that it is in a subforum. Before when it was a thread on this board it wasn't.

Donger
09-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Sorry Donger but I don't like that idea. There have been alot of threads that started out as non political and ended up political.

Keep the DC but I don't care where you put it.

If they become politicized, they get yanked.

dirk digler
09-09-2005, 11:43 AM
If they become politicized, they get yanked.

To where?

The original thread starter shouldn't be punished for posting a non-political thread that ended up a political jerk off.

Phobia
09-09-2005, 11:44 AM
The only question then Phob is why did you include it in the poll?
So far, it is winning (or losing) the count...

Why don't you do a new thread, taking a poll by all members, that would pretty much clear it up, wouldn't it?

We're not removing any of those sub-forums. We're moving them elsewhere. Not stuck at the top of the Lounge.

Donger
To where?

Deleted, period.

memyselfI
Just curious, Phil, do you have a breakdown of most accessed forums outside of this one?

dirk digler
09-09-2005, 11:45 AM
We're not removing any of those sub-forums. We're moving them elsewhere. Not stuck at the top of the Lounge.

Can't you put them on the Arrowhead listing?

Raiderhater
It's clearly marked NOW that it is in a subforum. Before when it was a thread on this board it wasn't.

Bullshit. "Girly thread DON'T LOOK AND COMPLAIN" has been the title since the big debacle over the issue way back when.

And you accuse others of revisionist history... :rolleyes:

Eleazar
Did the girlie thread ever say anything in the subject besides "Girlie JPG thread, don't look and complain"?

That means don't look if you feel inclined to complain about girlie JPG's. How much simpler could it be? Should you have to scan your driver's license to open it?

dirk digler
09-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Can't you put them on the Arrowhead listing?

Oops.. I see that they are.

If you remove them from the top does it remove them from Arrowhead?

Mr. Laz
1. cut or bury DC

political stuff will eventually find it's way back into the regular forum

2. cut or bury the picture forum

next time a hot girl/celeb has an OOPS! a thread WILL end up in the regular forum.

it just will

3. Store forum - needed for planet revenue

4. geeks - :shrug: needed more for archiving measures

5. games - :shrug: needed more for archiving measures

imo leaves 2 real choices ... combine the 2 archive type forums into (Geeks and Games) or main link the Store on the front page ala the "donations" link.

Phobia
Actually, I think Big Daddy's original title was "Sugar and Spice and everything nice, click into this thread for the surprise of your life."

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Bullshit. "Girly thread DON'T LOOK AND COMPLAIN" has been the title since the big debacle over the issue way back when.

And you accuse others of revisionist history... :rolleyes:

Actually, it said 'don't look and complain' after people looked and complained...

and that was when it was on the front page of the main forum without the disclaimer. There was a massive outcry saying that the thread would die or otherwise be harmed and it wasn't.

Phobia
09-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Oops.. I see that they are.

If you remove them from the top does it remove them from Arrowhead?

I can move them into Arrowhead without them being sub-forums of the Lounge.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Actually, I think Big Daddy's original title was "Sugar and Spice and everything nice, click into this thread for the surprise of your life."

I'm not sure if that was it but it was something other than 'don't look and complain.'

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 11:50 AM

Sounds reasonable. I trust your judgement. You know how much each of the forums are used or not. And of course anything that generates revue should remain untouched.

dirk digler

Then why not do that?

I think that is any very easy solution.

Donger

Sans nuking the entire thing, I'd vote for that.

Raiderhater
Actually, it said 'don't look and complain' after people looked and complained...

and that was when it was on the front page of the main forum without the disclaimer. There was a massive outcry saying that the thread would die or otherwise be harmed and it wasn't.

WTF did I just say, woman? Ever since the big debacle over the issue, that has been in the title.

And that has been at least a couple of years.

Bowser
09-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Ahh, the old raiderhader, memysefI exchanges. Takes us all back to yesteryear.......

:D

dirk digler
09-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Ahh, the old raiderhader, memysefI exchanges. Takes us all back to yesteryear.......

They act like they are married or something.

:p

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 11:54 AM
I am for which ever option has Denise less inclined to visit this forum. I loathe the idea of sweeping the trash under the rug versus taking it out, but since that is how everyone else wants to keep house, then let's put the rug deep in the basement.

Phobia
09-09-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm not sure if that was it but it was something other than 'don't look and complain.'

I'm kidding. The current girlie thread is the 2nd or 3rd revision. The first incarnations were highly controversial. The current thread has always been labeled "ChiefsPlanet Official Girly JPEG Thread. Don't look and complain."

It was changed from "2nd Official...." early on.

Kclee
09-09-2005, 11:56 AM
I am for which ever option has Denise less inclined to visit this forum. I loathe the idea of sweeping the trash under the rug versus taking it out, but since that is how everyone else wants to keep house, then let's put the rug deep in the basement.

I vote this option also.

Lzen
09-09-2005, 11:56 AM

I agree with this.

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Ahh, the old raiderhader, memysefI exchanges. Takes us all back to yestermonth.......

I fixed your post for you.

Lzen
09-09-2005, 11:57 AM

1. Planet Store.
4. Games and Geeks.

ROFL

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 11:58 AM
They act like they are married or something.

It's not possible for me to get that drunk.

chagrin
09-09-2005, 12:00 PM
And of course anything that generates revue should remain untouched.

and so should you

teedubya
09-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Lets make DC a subforum of Gilbert Browns's Belly.

Lzen
09-09-2005, 12:05 PM
It's not possible for me to get that drunk.

Lobotomy?

chagrin
09-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Lets make DC a subforum of Gilbert Browns's Belly.

Wow, that's from WAY downtown - bang!

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Lobotomy?

Natural disdain for the worthless twit.

jAZ
09-09-2005, 12:21 PM
I voted for moving the pictures one, based on the thought that those who "need" to see the Girly thread will find it, come hell or high water.

On second thought though, I think we should alternate the DC & Games forums. DC during the off season, Games during the season.

Also, I agree we need to clean up the boards header... move the store link up there. Move the Donation and Store links to the same row as the other buttons... and remove all the wasted whitespace.

10 minutes of cleanup tops, I suspect.

ArrowheadHawk
09-09-2005, 12:27 PM
as much as i would like to see dc gone i think that if it was gone we would see a lot of political crap getting posted in the general forum

penchief
09-09-2005, 12:30 PM
I would tend to agree. It's become rather pathetic.

Man, I can't believe how hypocritical that statement is coming from you.

penchief
09-09-2005, 12:34 PM

Holy crap! I can't believe what I'm reading. Go back a year and you guys were living it up. Just because your political viewpoints are looking more and more misguided all the time you want to get rid of the forum?

Talk about dishing it out but not being able to take it. I suppose everything would have been okay if you could have gotten Denise banned.

Oh well, If you can't beat em' eliminate the forum.

You guys are behaving patheticly, IMO.

What a bunch of wussies.

Calcountry
09-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Sometimes I accidentally click in there instead of the football place, and it just makes me bitter. Get rid of the chit altogether and I would be happy.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2005, 12:35 PM

DC is like the "parlor" you send eccentric uncles and crazy grandmas to during family holiday get-togethers.

Over there, their outbursts are only heard by those amused by such things.....and they don't mind the "hey, pull my finger" type jokes.

Calcountry
09-09-2005, 12:36 PM
as much as i would like to see dc gone i think that if it was gone we would see a lot of political crap getting posted in the general forumJust make it a bannable offense after a warning for the noobs.

penchief
09-09-2005, 12:39 PM

Of course you would, and can't. You're falling right in line with the rest of those who abused others for their disagreements in the past but you are no longer willing to defend your previously held postitions.

You know, you guys may have pissed me off before but at least I hada degree of respect for your diligence. Now I'm feeling disillusioned. You guys are acting like pussies.

Phobia
09-09-2005, 12:41 PM
That's it. I'm going to PM my phone number....

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 12:42 PM

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Of course you would, and can't. You're falling right in line with the rest of those who abused others for their disagreements in the past but you are no longer willing to defend your previously held postitions.

You know, you guys may have pissed me off before but at least I hada degree of respect for your diligence. Now I'm feeling disillusioned. You guys are acting like pussies.

Nice. Way to insult pussies...

http://www.pets4you.com/pages/images/allenandjaynes1.jpg

Taco John
Deleted, period.

You would make a terrible mod. You obviously don't know much about the history of this place.

Chiefnj
DC is like the "parlor" you send eccentric uncles and crazy grandmas to during family holiday get-togethers.

Over there, their outbursts are only heard by those amused by such things.....and they don't mind the "hey, pull my finger" type jokes.

I assume "their outbursts" includes yourself and your twelve different attention hungry board personalities.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2005, 12:44 PM

For noobs to the Planet, putting DC out there on Arrowhead.....might actually cause some to click into it. I understand there is some description, but would argue for phrasing something along the lines of "cesspool of vitriolic and irrational demagoguery" be added to make the point clear. :)

Raiderhater
I love how the left thinks some on the right want the DC forum abolished because "our views are being proven to be misguided". Bullshit. I still believe the same things I always have and am not ashamed to say so.

I have not been advocating the destruction of DC, but I'd love to see it happen, but not for any reason the average fatantasy land based left winger will be able to guess.

penchief

You, too?

Man, I used to think there was merit to the conservative argument. I believed that you guys really believed what you were saying. I knew that I stood behind my beliefs and that is why I stood toe to toe with you when the odds were against me. There were times when several of you would gang up on me at once, hurling personal insults left and right, yet I always believed that there was a principle behind your aggression.

I guess I was wrong.

What a bunch of pussies. You're all bailing.

I wanted you on that wall! I needed you on that wall!

Donger
09-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Man, I can't believe how hypocritical that statement is coming from you.

I don't exclude myself from being one of the reasons it has gone downhill in a rather spectacular fashion, penchief.

I'm as guilty as everyone else.

penchief
09-09-2005, 12:45 PM

Well, this one really doesn't surprise me.

Donger
09-09-2005, 12:46 PM
You would make a terrible mod. You obviously don't know much about the history of this place.

I've never said anything to the contrary.

penchief
09-09-2005, 12:48 PM

This coming from someone that has kicked a lot of shins.

Taco John
09-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Personally, I don't think DC has gone downhill at all. The only thing I see is that it has balanced out and there are just as many lefties are righties over there... oh and the righties aren't having much luck defending you know who these days... So rather than changing their opinion thanks to new information, they whine.

Taco John
09-09-2005, 12:51 PM
I've never said anything to the contrary.

Deleting threads is the quickest way to kill a forum.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 12:51 PM
I assume "their outbursts" includes yourself and your twelve different attention hungry board personalities.

You can read his biography...
http://images.overstock.com/f/102/3117/8h/www.overstock.com/images/products/muze/books/0446359408.jpg

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Personally, I don't think DC has gone downhill at all. The only thing I see is that it has balanced out and there are just as many lefties are righties over there... oh and the righties aren't having much luck defending you know who these days... So rather than changing their opinion thanks to new information, they whine.

Or lurk.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2005, 12:52 PM

Absolutely.

I've never, ever denied being attracted or rubbernecking at the carnage and crap over there. I even enjoy jumping in on occaision to stir things up. I have decided, gradually to spend a lot less time than I use to over there in case you hadn't noticed.

Regardless, it is definitely not our best 'face.'

penchief
09-09-2005, 12:53 PM

The DC fourm is insightful and provocative. It invites intelligence (and idiocy, too). It is one of the things that makes CheifsPlanet very unique.

JMO.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Absolutely.

I've never, ever denied being attracted or rubbernecking at the carnage and crap over there. I even enjoy jumping in on occaision to stir things up. Regardless, it is definitely not our best 'face.'

Or in your case, faceS. ;)

keg in kc
09-09-2005, 12:55 PM
This thread has turned into the DC forum. From serious topic to romper room in under 6 seconds.

Gaz
09-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Make Planet Store the only sub-forum, since it generates revenue. Get rid of the rest.

Anyone wanting to see Games or Geeks or the like can make a couple extra clicks from the Arrowhead link. If that extra mouse click is too heavy a burden, perhaps someone can post a “How to Bookmark a Web Page” tutorial in the Geeks Forum.

xoxo~
Gaz
Taking the minimalist approach.

KChiefsQT
What would be so bad about having another sub forum and not removing any of them??

penchief
If there ever was a poll begging to go public, this is it.

memyselfI
This thread has turned into the DC forum. From serious topic to romper room in under 6 seconds.

It's still serious.

But seriously, how serious can you be over a forum change on a football bulletin board? :hmmm:

Phobia
09-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Make Planet Store the only sub-forum, since it generates revenue. Get rid of the rest.

Anyone wanting to see Games or Geeks or the like can make a couple extra clicks from the Arrowhead link. If that extra mouse click is too heavy a burden, perhaps someone can post a “How to Bookmark a Web Page” tutorial in the Geeks Forum.

xoxo~
Gaz
Taking the minimalist approach.

Those subforums have proven to be incredibly convenient, IMO. Not only does it save a mouseclick, but you can see the latest activity in that forum without clicking into it. I think that's important.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2005, 01:04 PM

People vote with their feet. Were it not for a handful of poster and Katrina, during the last month or two.....the place has become a ghost town.

Who are the "righties" that are left....who are still really debating? The ones I still see posting there anymore are doing so more out for "entertainment" than for any serious constructive debate of actual issues.

There was a time when the lefties there were drawn into reasonable and informed debate and discussion with conservatives--yes, there was plenty of dumbassery (which I contributed to, yes). Although that didn't last long, there was occaisional dialogue.

Anymore, it really has become nothing more than a Bush-bashing-leftist-libertarian circle-jerk. Many of us, regardless of political leaning, find no value in that.

chagrin
09-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Or lurk.

speaking of lurking...yu get on here and "talk football" once in a blue moon, that is lurking, and BTW there is nothing wrong with people who choose their spots to fight back.

chagrin
09-09-2005, 01:07 PM
If there ever was a poll begging to go public, this is it.

You are correct, and look at which forum is losing in the polls

dirk digler
09-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Those subforums have proven to be incredibly convenient, IMO. Not only does it save a mouseclick, but you can see the latest activity in that forum without clicking into it. I think that's important.

Phobia, I like my idea. Move everything off and have it display in the Arrowhead listing or whatever you call it. You can still tell what the latest post in those forums just like you can now.

Damn I'm smart. :D

chagrin
09-09-2005, 01:10 PM
You, too?

Man, I used to think there was merit to the conservative argument. I believed that you guys really believed what you were saying. I knew that I stood behind my beliefs and that is why I stood toe to toe with you when the odds were against me. There were times when several of you would gang up on me at once, hurling personal insults left and right, yet I always believed that there was a principle behind your aggression.

I guess I was wrong.

I don't know you at all I don't think, but after reading your comp[laints of personal insults, and reading you calling all conservatives "pussies", you should be ashamed of yourself.

Read the following, from your post above:

There were times when several of you would gang up on me at once, hurling personal insults left and right, yet I always believed that there was a principle behind your aggression.

I guess I was wrong.

WTF is that?

C-Mac
I think that some sub-forums could be grouped into other sub-subforums, but I have to agree that 4 be the limit if not less. Even one that perhaps says "All other Planet forums" (then list them)
I also have issue with the Planet Store from a business standpoint because it looks like a chat room. If it were me, the Planet Store would be flashy and attracking, totaly different from the rest and it would be on top or in front as it were.

Mr. Kotter
speaking of lurking...yu get on here and "talk football" once in a blue moon, that is lurking, and BTW there is nothing wrong with people who choose their spots to fight back.

BS :BS:

Post whoring is the only way to go. :p

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 01:12 PM
There was a time when the lefties there were drawn into reasonable and informed debate and discussion with conservatives-
translation-

we use outnumber those dam libbies and could railroad or ban them if they got too mouthy.

Phobia
09-09-2005, 01:12 PM
The Planet store in its current incarnation is an efficient way to get the product out. That will change in the future. No question.

chagrin
09-09-2005, 01:13 PM
BS :BS:

Post whoring is the only way to go. :p

Fair enough, it is just my opinion, but she is hardly a football fan who posts regularly. She behaves as if she has control of the DC forum and anyone who ever says anything to her is a lurker if they don't stay on there all day arguing with her. I choose not to, I spend too much time on here as it is and don't spend alot of time there because I choose not to. I do, however, choose to comment when I see fit and have always stood up for my beliefs and stated them without fear.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 01:15 PM
The Planet store in its current incarnation is an efficient way to get the product out. That will change in the future. No question.
could you change the planet store forum to look like a button

but then still just leave it setup like a forum for your convenience?

button leads to planet store subforum ... same, but cleaner??

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Fair enough, it is just my opinion, but she is hardly a football fan who posts regularly. She behaves as if she has control of the DC forum and anyone who ever says anything to her is a lurker if they don't stay on there all day arguing with her

sounds like Russ

chagrin
09-09-2005, 01:16 PM
translation-

we use outnumber those dam libbies and could railroad or ban them if they got too mouthy.

Serious question:

Did folks used to get banned before for having an unpopluar opinion? That's kinda scary

KChiefsQT
09-09-2005, 01:16 PM
translation-

Hmmm... so you're saying if I get to mouthy as apposed to a right wing conserv. I'll be banned?? What a great concept. :shake: :shake:

Brock
09-09-2005, 01:19 PM
translation-

name one that got banned. and not for spamming.

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Hmmm... so you're saying if I get to mouthy as apposed to a right wing conserv. I'll be banned?? What a great concept. :shake: :shake:

No. As usual members from a certain political spectrum are distorting things.

And they wonder why we break down into personal insults and then throw our hands up and just quit discussing issues with them all together....

C-Mac
09-09-2005, 01:29 PM

Good.
If you need any help in that change.....I'm sure like myself, plenty here would offer their services.
IMO This place could use a little more simple but cool graphics or bling bling if you will and with all the good graphics artist's that post here, could be unique and wise to make use of them.
;)

tk13
09-09-2005, 01:32 PM
I just knew before clicking on this thread that this was going to be a big argument between the DC forumites over the DC forum. ROFL

Let's put this crap back on the front page! YEAAAAAH!

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 01:32 PM

Well, if you were around longer than 5 minutes you would know that during the season I post about football and during the off season I take a break.

We are in week one of the season. :rolleyes: And, I was here last night posting about football. So get back with me when you have been here awhile.

C-Mac
09-09-2005, 01:33 PM
No doubt voting is vital to democracy, but look what its done to this thread.
May have to move it to the DC Forum before its all said and done.
Amazing

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 01:33 PM

No, they might start banning campaigns but unless you are breaking the rules in other areas that won't happen.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2005, 01:40 PM
translation-

I'd never voted to ban anyone--over political disagreement, or otherwise....until the last De nise poll....and even that was mostly in spite. :p

I just think the ugliness of that place can detract from the great community we have here....and, yes, I've contributed to it in the past. I haven't washed my hands of the place entirely, bu I'll go back to posting there regularly if and when it becomes a reasonable place for discourse again.

Goapics1
09-09-2005, 01:44 PM
So get back with me when you have been here awhile.

ROFL
Chagrin,

You need to read the handbook. You cannot make a negative comment to meme until you are here at least a year. C'mon man.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 01:44 PM
I'd never voted to ban anyone--over political disagreement, or otherwise....until the last De nise poll....and even that was mostly in spite. :p

I just think the ugliness of that place can detracts from the great community we have here....and, yes, I've contributed to it in the past. I haven't washed my hands of the place entirely, bu I'll go back to posting there regularly if and when it becomes a reasonable place for discourse again.

So you'll be back as a regular in 2008 if a Republican wins? ;)

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 01:45 PM
ROFL
Chagrin,

You need to read the handbook. You cannot make a negative comment to meme until you are here at least a year. C'mon man.

No true. Just make a knowledgeable one. ;) :p

dirk digler
09-09-2005, 01:45 PM
I just knew before clicking on this thread that this was going to be a big argument between the DC forumites over the DC forum. ROFL

Let's put this crap back on the front page! YEAAAAAH!

Yep now I know why I voted it to move the political crap in the first place.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2005, 01:47 PM
So you'll be back as a regular in 2008 if a Republican wins? ;)

Why would I anticipate cheerfully the defeat of my own party by Republicans? :shrug:

Unless, of course, they nominate someone as whacked and out-of-the-mainstream as Kerry was. Say Hillary or Edwards? :)

Calcountry
Fug politics. All that chit does is give you ulcers and constipation. You need to get out more, get laid, have a life, go to some games, eat some good food. Kick a bum in the face. It will do you good.

memyselfI
Why would I anticipate cheerfully the defeat of my own party by Republicans? :shrug:

Unless, of course, they nominate someone as wacked as Kerry--say Hillary or Edwards. :)

Ah, this is headed to DC. ;)

chagrin
09-09-2005, 01:48 PM
No true. Just make a knowledgeable one. ;) :p

I have made several, nice try simpson

go bo
09-09-2005, 01:49 PM
oh crap... :( :( :(

tk13
09-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Yep, looks like this thread could've been organized by FEMA.

go bo
09-09-2005, 01:52 PM
I have made several, nice try simpsonsimpson?

you're suggesting that meme is somehow like jessica? :eek: :eek: :eek:

go bo
09-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Yep, looks like this thread could've been organized by FEMA.damn, that's sad, but true...

it's still funny, though... ROFL ROFL ROFL

chagrin
09-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Well, if you were around longer than 5 minutes you would know that during the season I post about football and during the off season I take a break.

We are in week one of the season. :rolleyes: And, I was here last night posting about football. So get back with me when you have been here awhile.

"I've been here longer than you have" I love how you always reduce yourself to that, when you have nothing else to say to me. I am not ignoring you and I have been here long enough to know what you are about. If you took your head out of your ass you would have also read my posts about not banning you and why banning someone who isn't popular is a bad idea.

On the football topic - I am on this board reading on and off all day long while I work. I also post quite frequently. I will be reading and looking for your insight, I cannot wait to see how "with it" you are on football topics.

Your Veteran vs newbie comments are weak and carry ZERO weight. Find something else to get me on, milk dud

chagrin
09-09-2005, 01:56 PM
simpson?

YIKES! NO!!

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 02:03 PM
"I've been here longer than you have" I love how you always reduce yourself to that, when you have nothing else to say to me. I am not ignoring you and I have been here long enough to know what you are about. If you took your head out of your ass you would have also read my posts about not banning you and why banning someone who isn't popular is a bad idea.

On the football topic - I am on this board reading on and off all day long while I work. I also post quite frequently. I will be reading and looking for your insight, I cannot wait to see how "with it" you are on football topics.

Your Veteran vs newbie comments are weak and carry ZERO weight. Find something else to get me on, milk dud

Forgive me if I had not noticed you had been here long. Usually I notice interesting and engaging new people...

As far as football. I do ok. Well enough to not have been laughed off this board when it was only 2 or 3 of us gals. And, if I had been about politics only then those folk's dreams of seeing me gone would have realized. :p

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 02:04 PM
simpson?

Ugh. I wouldn't mind her bod but that face of hers is pure trailer park.

chagrin
09-09-2005, 02:05 PM
Bullshit, you're not gone because too many people, including myself believe that banning folks because we don't agree with them or dislike them is stupid, that is the only reason you are still here.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Bullshit, you're not gone because too many people, including myself believe that banning folks because we don't agree with them or dislike them is stupid, that is the only reason you are still here.

Well it is stupid. Agreed.

But, ask a few folks around here. I've been right about a thing or two about football over the years.

chagrin
09-09-2005, 02:08 PM
and the only reason I am here too BTW

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 02:08 PM

No, for once she is being honest. She uses her minimal posting in this forum as a technicality to avoid being banned.

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 02:10 PM
My favorite piece of Denise football knowledge: It's ok to switch loyalties from team to team, even if those teams are mortal enemies, so long as the guy you are following is a hunk.

tk13
09-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Well it is stupid. Agreed.

But, ask a few folks around here. I've been right about a thing or two about football over the years.
Yep, Rich Gannon left the Chiefs and went to the Raiders. That's two things. Here's your "real fan" card.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Yep, Rich Gannon left the Chiefs and went to the Raiders. That's two things. Here's your "real fan" card.

Well, he should have started over Grbac. He ended up MVP and Grbac ended up landscaping his yard... ROFL

Eleazar
09-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Fug politics. All that chit does is give you ulcers and constipation. You need to get out more, get laid, have a life, go to some games, eat some good food. Kick a bum in the face. It will do you good.

It's interesting on the level of being some kind of sick spectator sport. But when it comes right down to it, everything is so stagnant that none of it affects my life THAT much anyway.

Taxes go up or down, they cut this or send extra funding toward that, most of it doesn't matter to me. I get up and go to work in the morning and take care of myself. I guess the government doesn't interest me much anymore because I don't live life relying on it to take care of me.

penchief
09-09-2005, 03:48 PM
I don't know you at all I don't think, but after reading your comp[laints of personal insults, and reading you calling all conservatives "pussies", you should be ashamed of yourself.

Read the following, from your post above:

There were times when several of you would gang up on me at once, hurling personal insults left and right, yet I always believed that there was a principle behind your aggression.

I guess I was wrong.

WTF is that?

Well, not only do they deserve it for what they've dishesd out in the past but also for acting like little wussies about this. I know that you don't really know me but there is a little bit of intentional irony mixed in with my comments. Sorry you missed it. I'm just trying to make a point.

Calling them pussies is mild compared to what some of them have unleashed on others. I really am shocked at how some of them are wimping out.

stevieray
09-09-2005, 03:58 PM

Me too..... :)

stevieray
09-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Calling them pussies is mild compared to what some of them have unleashed on others. I really am shocked at how some of them are wimping out.

two wrongs don't make a right, just fuel for the fire.

Taco John
09-09-2005, 05:03 PM

Just some feedback on this... I used to agree... But I got rid of the subforums up there (mostly due to addint a google banner ad) and it turns out that they still get used every day... People just browse the forum list and select where they want to go.

penchief
09-09-2005, 05:12 PM
two wrongs don't make a right, just fuel for the fire.

Again, just a little irony without a smiley.

Frazod
09-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Move DC. The regulars will know where to find it, and it's not like we need to advertise it and attract any additional poliheads.

go bo
09-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Again, just a little irony without a smiley.i knew there was something wrong about you...

you no-good commie leftest liberal fascist, you...

you don't use smilies!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

htismaqe
09-09-2005, 06:39 PM
I voted to keep them all.

But after reading the whine-fest in this thread, it's obvious to me that DC needs to be moved out of the Lounge...

stumppy
09-09-2005, 06:45 PM
I voted to keep them all.

But after reading the whine-fest in this thread, it's obvious to me that DC needs to be moved out of the Lounge...

:eek:

Thats like moving your child molesting uncle into his own apartment.
Sure, you don't have to look at that sick bastard everyday. But who's gonna keep an eye on him now ?

NewChief
09-09-2005, 06:46 PM
It's so weird looking through this forum and seeing all the hard core DC posters calling for the trashing of DC. I mean, I guess I could be generous and write it off to them just getting tired of it, but it certainly does look like the proverbial kid taking his toys and going home when the game don't go his way.

chiefs4me
09-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Serious question:

Did folks used to get banned before for having an unpopluar opinion? That's kinda scary

oh oh oh........I know the answer.....ROFL

you have been here long enough to know that pretty much anything goes.

NewChief
09-09-2005, 06:51 PM
People vote with their feet. Were it not for a handful of poster and Katrina, during the last month or two.....the place has become a ghost town.

Who are the "righties" that are left....who are still really debating? The ones I still see posting there anymore are doing so more out for "entertainment" than for any serious constructive debate of actual issues.

There was a time when the lefties there were drawn into reasonable and informed debate and discussion with conservatives--yes, there was plenty of dumbassery (which I contributed to, yes). Although that didn't last long, there was occaisional dialogue.

Anymore, it really has become nothing more than a Bush-bashing-leftist-libertarian circle-jerk. Many of us, regardless of political leaning, find no value in that.

Ahh, perspective is everything. What you don't understand is that it used to be a Bush-praising-rightist-libertarian-circle-jerk..you just didn't see it because you were too busy pulling your pud with the rest of them.

Logical
OK can we at least have a button for the DC forum, In all honesty I don't visit any of the other subforums only the Lounge and DC. It is bad enough the threads were banished to the DC forum but then to not have easy access to it will really stink.

Vlad the Disgruntled

chiefs4me
It's so weird looking through this forum and seeing all the hard core DC posters calling for the trashing of DC. I mean, I guess I could be generous and write it off to them just getting tired of it, but it certainly does look like the proverbial kid taking his toys and going home when the game don't go his way.

ROFL........I must say I am shocked at some who are calling for the Death of Dc....ROFL

chiefs4me
09-09-2005, 06:53 PM
OK can we at least have a button for the DC forum, In all honesty I don't visit any of the other subforums only the Lounge and DC. It is bad enough the threads were banished to the DC forum but then to not have easy access to it will really stink.

Vlad the Disgruntled

what a great mood we are in tonight....ROFL

Phobia
09-09-2005, 06:54 PM
oh oh oh........I know the answer.....ROFL

you have been here long enough to know that pretty much anything goes.

You know the answer? What does that mean?

There's been nobody banned from this board who didn't violate the rules or get "voted off the island" by the community.

Pretty much anything goes because we like our moderators to keep a low profile. We're all adults here. We're not babysitting anybody.

Logical
09-09-2005, 06:56 PM
OK how about a positive suggestion.

Have the subforums be based on which ones you subscribe to instead of having the same for everyone. I know this is possible because on the My ChiefsPlanet page the only two forums that show up are the Lounge and the DC forum that I subscribe to.

Vlad the Creative

stumppy
09-09-2005, 06:56 PM
We're all adults here. We're not babysitting anybody.

You really believe that ?

htismaqe
09-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Seriously, I've now read this a dozen times...

For all of you still saying it, NOBODY IS SUGGESTING GETTING RID OF ANYTHING.

The Games forum has been moved to a subforum of the Lounge.

The current vote means the DC forum will be moved out of the Lounge, but NOTHING WILL BE DELETED.

Good God there's alot of babies here...

Logical
09-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Seriously, I've now read this a dozen times...

For all of you still saying it, NOBODY IS SUGGESTING GETTING RID OF ANYTHING.

The Games forum has been moved to a subforum of the Lounge.

The current vote means the DC forum will be moved out of the Lounge, but NOTHING WILL BE DELETED.

Good God there's alot of babies here...Just to be clear I am aware the DC forum is not being eliminated, I hate that the easy access and the fact you can see that someone has posted will be eliminated.

One more hopefully easier to implement solution for each subforum only have the following data.Forum Name Threads Posts Most recent poster's username

Skip Towne
09-09-2005, 07:08 PM

Vlad the Disgruntled
Are you STILL whining about the political BS being separated? That's the best thing that ever happened to this board.

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 07:08 PM

As much as some would like to suggest otherwise, that is, generally speaking, the case. The same thing happened at The Pen; people slowly stopped going over there because it was just too much. The split board only increases the heated atmosphere, you are going from one argument to another, to another, to another. I made an attempt at adding a little light-heartedness over there, and got really good responses from it, however if I was not keeping that thread alive myself, it would just die.

As time goes on an all politics board is going to become nastier and more spite filled, its just the nature of the beast. I was a mod at The Pen, and the last few months of its existence, even before members really started to drop off, I only checked in maybe once a month. It just wears on you.

Even before I made the decision to stay out of DC completely a couple of weeks ago, I was hardly in (with a couple of exceptions) that forum anyway. I know some of the opposition looks at the timing and says, "Coincidence? I think not", but if that is what they want to think, if that helps solidify in their minds that they are right, I don't care.

And frankly, I see nothing suspicious about the timing anyway. It only looks bad for my side from their perspective, I happen to disagree. There may be some things I am not especially fond of taking place, but that has always been the case. The opposition has what they think is "new news, damning evidence, a smoking gun, more f#ck ups", what have you. It is almost entirely BS. This whole Katrina thing is a perfect example, but I shall not elaborate as this is not the forum for it. But it is not what they are painting it to be. So from my POV, I have nothing to run and hide from. I am merely weary of the game at this point in time. But mostly, I am just weary of her.

htismaqe
09-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Just to be clear I am aware the DC forum is not being eliminated, I hate that the easy access and the fact you can see that someone has posted will be eliminated.

One more hopefully easier to implement solution for each subforum only have the following data.

I understand where you're coming from.

However, the behavior in this thread today further solidifies the idea that the DC forum is a pox on this board. It serves no other purpose other than for people to piss on each other. Moving it off of the Lounge wouldn't keep the hardcore from posting there at all, and if it decreases traffic in the DC forum somewhat, I would say that's a good thing...

Logical
09-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Yeah, it's pretty much always been crap.In a sense that is true, it is exactly as it always has been, a person who thought it was crap is going to still think it is crap and I respect that view.

On the other hand what I don't respect is my fellow conservatives who are no longer in the clear majority over there and right now under siege because the administration has it's share of problems wanting to destroy it so they feel like somehow they have won. I do think having no visible link to it on the Lounge will destroy it so they will likely get their wish.

Hell maybe if that is how childish this place has become I should start looking for a new BB to frequent. Probably won't happen but this is a pretty disgusting exhibiton of a veiled banishment of a segment of posters.

4th and Long
09-09-2005, 07:15 PM

However, the behavior in this thread today further solidifies the idea that the DC forum is a pox on this board. It serves no other purpose other than for people to piss on each other. Moving it off of the Lounge wouldn't keep the hardcore from posting there at all, and if it decreases traffic in the DC forum somewhat, I would say that's a good thing...
Nail, meet the head of the hammer. BAM!!! :)

Phobia
09-09-2005, 07:17 PM
OK how about a positive suggestion.

Have the subforums be based on which ones you subscribe to instead of having the same for everyone. I know this is possible because on the My ChiefsPlanet page the only two forums that show up are the Lounge and the DC forum that I subscribe to.

Vlad the Creative

That's an outstanding idea. Unfortunately, I don't know how to implement it. Maybe that's more of a long term hack.

WilliamTheIrish
09-09-2005, 07:17 PM

ROFL

I hope it's okay that I laugh at that.

ROFL

Logical
09-09-2005, 07:18 PM

In all honesty this place has become boring already a large portion of the day because of the lack of traffic, and I don't care what the damn stats on traffic say. 9000 post to the lets play this word game, and 2000 posts to the Whoever posts last wins may be hiding the decrease in volume.

Oh well I have said enough.

WilliamTheIrish
09-09-2005, 07:19 PM
You, too?

I guess I was wrong.

You were Dodgeball, A True Underdog Story, before Dodgeball A True Underdog Story.

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 07:21 PM
In all honesty this place has become boring already a large portion of the day because of the lack of traffic, and I don't care what the damn stats on traffic say. 9000 post to the lets play this word game, and 2000 posts to the Whoever posts last wins may be hiding the decrease in volume.

Oh well I have said enough.

Football season is just begining in earnest. We are coming off of an offseason that was preluded by an extremely disappointing season. I wouldn't read too much into any decrease in traffic just yet.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 07:21 PM
In a sense that is true, it is exactly as it always has been, a person who thought it was crap is going to still think it is crap and I respect that view.

On the other hand what I don't respect is my fellow conservatives who are no longer in the clear majority over there and right now under siege because the administration has it's share of problems wanting to destroy it so they feel like somehow they have won. I do think having no visible link to it on the Lounge will destroy it so they will likely get their wish.
exactly ... they were all for a DC forum when they could beat up on liberals because it was like 10 to 1 in ratio.

now they cut bait and run

remember how donger and ringleader use to post "the limit" of political threads in the regular forum?

it was so much fun for them ... now they turn puzzy because they can't beat up on the other side without contest.

they know this administration is fugging up and they don't want to have to hear about it for the next 3 years.

disappointing :shake:

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 07:23 PM
That's an outstanding idea. Unfortunately, I don't know how to implement it. Maybe that's more of a long term hack.
and what is wrong with the example i gave .... where no subforums get cut and the front page is still cleaned up?

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 07:24 PM
exactly ... they were all for a DC forum when they could beat up on liberals because it was like 10 to 1 in ratio.

now they cut bait and run

remember how donger and ringleader use to post "the limit" of political threads in the regular forum?

it was so much ... now they turn puzzy because they can't beat up on the other side without contest.

they know this administration is fugging up and they don't want to have to hear about it for the next 3 years.

disappointing :shake:

No, not all of us were.

And are you so sure you want to throw Donger in that list with RL? I do not recall him being a "problem child" of any sort in the main forum.

Logical
09-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Are you STILL whining about the political BS being separated? That's the best thing that ever happened to this board.

Skip if those posts are around I actually voted for moving the DC forum out separate and posted that the time had definitely come for it even if it might threaten the BB. So this post does not accurately reflect my position. Nor do I advocate bring DC type threads back into the lounge.

I just don't support it ending up like the Royal's forum where people end up trying to sneak those type threads into the lounge because there is no traffic in the forum. I know how much you love those Royals threads so I thought I would remind you of what can happen when a forum dies.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 07:26 PM
No, not all of us where.

And are you so sure you want to throw Donger in that list with RL? I do not recall him being a "problem child" of any sort in the main forum.
not all conservatives ... not all liberal

nothing is all inclusive

and yes donger WAS a conservative spammer(basically) he rarely posted anywhere other than DC until things turned south.

Logical
09-09-2005, 07:28 PM
If a political thread gets posted in the main forum, it gets deleted. Simple.OK honest question, why aren't Royals' threads move or deleted. Why the double standard?

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Bullshit. I have had exchanges with Donger regularly for some time and I rarely visit DC.
oh bullshit to you

i remember quite vividly how ringleader and donger used to dutifully post their 2 limit political quota when the whole thing starting AND how the titles of those political threads became more and more inflamatory until it got so bad that DC was created.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 07:35 PM
That's not the part I'm calling bullshit on. My post isn't that difficult to comprehend. Give it another shot.
and neither is mine ... try again

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 07:36 PM
not all conservatives ... not all liberal

nothing is all inclusive

That is not the way you have been making it sound in this thread. Furthermore, I would proffer that the reason some were for splitting the board was not so they could have a liberal bash forum, but because they did not want politics in the main forum. They thought it made the place trashy. I would further proffer that those who wish to see it destroyed (with the exception of myself) wish for it to be so with out reinstituting political discussion on the main board. In other words, they came to a conclusion that no matter where you put the discussions, it was going to be bad for the board.

Of course that completely negates your reason for having a conservitave bashing, so I will understand if you dismiss it out right.

and yes donger WAS a conservative spammer(basically) he rarely posted anywhere other than DC until things turned south.

That is NOT what you said. You said they used to post the limit of political threads in the MAIN forum. To my recollection, Donger was not one of those people.

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 07:38 PM
oh bullshit to you

i remember quite vividly how ringleader and donger used to dutifully post their 2 limit political quota when the whole thing starting AND how the titles of those political threads became more and more inflamatory until it got so bad that DC was created.

Throw out Donger, add jAZ and Denise to your list, and then it will be correct.

Those where the three culprits that practically by themselves brought about the split forum.

Phobia
09-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Donger has always posted a significant share in the Lounge. I don't know where Laz is coming from. In fact, Donger has been very honest and humble about his contributions to D.C. in this very thread.

Phobia
09-09-2005, 07:41 PM
and what is wrong with the example i gave .... where no subforums get cut and the front page is still cleaned up?

The combining forums example? I don't see a logical combination of forums like you do, I guess.

If you're talking about moving the Store up to a different button in the header, that's already planned.

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Neptune.

ROFL

chiefs4me
09-09-2005, 07:42 PM

There's been nobody banned from this board who didn't violate the rules or get "voted off the island" by the community.

Pretty much anything goes because we like our moderators to keep a low profile. We're all adults here. We're not babysitting anybody.

Where do you see me disagreeing with you?:hmmm:

Does it not seem like I was agreeing....he made a comment about if you disagree do you get banned....and I spoke up and said... in a round about way....NO..I always have a difference of opinion, and I am still here....are you just looking for a fight....:p

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2005, 07:42 PM
oh bullshit to you

Moonbat-dementia entering it's later stages. :hmmm:

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Where do you see me disagreeing with you?:hmmm:

Does it not seem like I was agreeing....he made a comment about if you disagree do you get banned....and I spoke up and said... in a round about way....NO..I always have a difference of opinion, and I am still here....are you just looking for a fight....:p

I hate to say it Phil, but if she was agreeing with you, then you were wrong.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2005, 07:46 PM

I'd say you are wrong, but that would be inaccurate.

You are full of rat excrement....and I would know the symptoms. :D

Logical
09-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Because there's no rule against Royals threads on the main forum. Just like there's no rule against poop threads, or go cart threads, or threads about what you had for dinner, or threads about naked parachuting.

The main forum was "anything goes". Then there was a vote to disallow political topics. That's the only rule regarding topics in the main forum.

Simple.Then why is there a separate Royals forum that was designed for them. There is no poop forum. There is cart forum, there is a Pictures forum and threads with pictures get moved to the Picture forum all the time or deleted (if not meeting the standards). Threads for tech help all get moved to the Geek forum. Again why the double standard why not force the Royals threads into the Royals forum.

My theory is because the Royals forum is not visible from the front page is why they do not get moved.

Mr. Laz
That is not the way you have been making it sound in this thread. Furthermore, I would proffer that the reason some were for splitting the board was not so they could have a liberal bash forum, but because they did not want politics in the main forum. They thought it made the place trashy. I would further proffer that those who wish to see it destroyed (with the exception of myself) wish for it to be so with out reinstituting political discussion on the main board. In other words, they came to a conclusion that no matter where you put the discussions, it was going to be bad for the board.

Of course that completely negates your reason for having a conservitave bashing, so I will understand if you dismiss it out right.

That is NOT what you said. You said they used to post the limit of political threads in the MAIN forum. To my recollection, Donger was not one of those people.
i was one of the ones who voted to have the separate forums and i still think it should be separate.

But moving it is basically killing it and that will hurt traffic AND part of the overall forum. If you don't wanna talk politics, don't go to the DC forum.

SOME conservatives are basically just wanting to take their ball and go home because it's no longer they way they want it.

AND YES donger was one of the people who posted politics consitantly.... i remember because i always thought that Donger was really KCWolfman's(Russ) alter ego and he just used Donger to post crap so he didn't take a bunch of crap as a mod.

and no he is cutting bait because it's no longer a liberal bash fest

if you don't like the way someone posts don't vote to ban ... use iggy

if you don't wanna see the girly thread ... don't visit that thread

if you don't wanna talk politics ... don't go to the DC forum.

the geeks and game forums are both waaay small enough to be combined without much to any impact.

the store can easily be an AD link entrance to the Store forum

there are many ways to handle it without losing anything.

SOME people are just using this as an excuse to try to atomic bomb the DC forum as a lame way to say if conservatives can't have the DC forum, nobody can ... BOOM.

Mr. Kotter

Don't mind her, she and Jim are jammin' to Rhonstad's "Poor, poor pitiful me".....;)

chiefs4me
09-09-2005, 07:48 PM
I hate to say it Phil, but if she was agreeing with you, then you were wrong.

yea....:p

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Then why is there a separate Royals forum that was designed for them. There is no poop forum. There is cart forum, there is a Pictures forum and threads with pictures get moved to the Picture forum all the time or deleted (if not meeting the standards). Threads for tech help all get moved to the Geek forum. Again why the double standard why not force the Royals threads into the Royals forum.

My theory is because the Royals forum is not visible from the front page is why they do not get moved.

That, or they just fill pity for the few remaining die hard Royals' fans.....

chiefs4me
09-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Don't mind her, she and Jim are jammin' to Rhonstad's "Poor, poor pitiful me".....;)

speak for yourself ole man....no country for me. And the lads are not named Jim...:harumph:

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2005, 07:50 PM

Crap. Hell froze over again, I agree with Skip.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2005, 07:51 PM

:BS:

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Donger was not one of those people.
Throw out Donger, add jAZ and Denise to your list, and then it will be correct.

Those where the three culprits that practically by themselves brought about the split forum.
so donger was a culprit as long as i throw a few liberals out there to balance your conservative conscience?

and yes den-ise was plenty responsible for the DC forum split ... i never said she wasn't ... but she it's calling for the moving/deletion of the forum she help create.

donger is.

Logical
09-09-2005, 07:54 PM

SOME people are just using this as an excuse to try to atomic bomb the DC forum as a lame way to say if conservatives can't have the DC forum, nobody can ... BOOM.You know Laz is right and how often do I agree with Laz on the main forum?:p

Logical
09-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Crap. Hell froze over again, I agree with Skip.Well jackass you picked a bad time to agree, I actually advocated the split at the time it occured and voted for it as well. So saying that I am still whining is completely wrong.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 07:56 PM
You know Laz is right and how often do I agree with Laz on the main forum?:p
heh ROFL

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 07:57 PM
AND YES donger was one of the people who posted politics consitantly.... i remember because i always thought that Donger was really KCWolfman's(Russ) alter ego and he just used Donger to post crap so he didn't take a bunch of crap as a mod.

You have lost your mind. Donger was never a problem on the main forum in the context of starting political threads.

SOME people are just using this as an excuse to try to atomic bomb the DC forum as a lame way to say if conservatives can't have the DC forum, nobody can ... BOOM.

This is why so many are leaving, you all are a bunch of conspiratorial nut jobs. There is little to no rationale discussion with you all. It's all Outer Limits Moonbat whackines. I mean look at yourselves, you are so derranged you are coming the main forum and calling out a political group (which is supposed to be taboo now, due in part to your own vote) post after post. You are so obsessed that you are breaking the rules that YOU support.

This is why people are leaving - you all have gone way off the deep end.

mlyonsd
09-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Personally I would vote to go with whatever the owners of the hardware decide.

And quit asking the rest of us dumbshits.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2005, 07:59 PM
... The opposition has what they think is "new news, damning evidence, a smoking gun, more f#ck ups", what have you. It is almost entirely BS. This whole Katrina thing is a perfect example...

And, therefore, a waste of time and effort to debate---when in fact any real effort and constructive discourse or exchange devolves very into that too.

FTR, it was the same shit from the far right toward the end of the Clinton years, and his scandals. Neither of the extremist sides knows when to say, "enough." It's all about us vs. them, all about irrational personal attacks and demagoguery, all about why the other side sucks or is evil.....

The concept of the loyal opposition in politics has been replaced by slash-and-burn politics of personal attacks, talking points, and propaganda masquerading as "facts and evidence." It's all become bullshit. And BOTH sides are to blame.

Logical
09-09-2005, 08:00 PM
For Royals-only discussion. It's not a difficult concept.

Threads are moved to the geeks or pictures forum for archival purposes only. Not because they're disallowed in the main forum. Royals threads aren't usually given the same courtesy because.... well, nobody really cares enough about the Royals to want to archive the threads.I think I can show you posts from Skip and Big Daddy that will show that is not true. At least if they were not killed in the great database correction. I specifically recall Phil (back when I was a moderator) saying that all picture threads were to be moved the the separate forum and that Big Daddy went ballistic because he thought they were trying to kill his thread. Skip just recently went ballistic when he was helping someone with a DTV issue and the thread got moved to the Geeks thread.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2005, 08:01 PM
ROFL

I hope it's okay that I laugh at that.

ROFL

Proceed. :D

Raiderhater
09-09-2005, 08:01 PM
so donger was a culprit as long as i throw a few liberals out there to balance your conservative conscience?

Yes, that is exactly what I said isn't? Try rereading it, Laz. I said REMOVE him from the list. I named the three people that everyone was complaining about at the time. Donger was not one of those three, except in your mind.

and yes den-ise was plenty responsible for the DC forum split ... i never said she wasn't ... but she it's calling for the moving/deletion of the forum she help create.

donger is.

I have no clue as to why you feel the need to defend Denise, I wasn't attacking her (for once).

Logical
09-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Personally I would vote to go with whatever the owners of the hardware decide.

And quit asking the rest of us dumbshits.If that is all it takes I will be happy to pay for the hardware and we will put everything back in the main forum. :p

Fact is the labor to fix the software is what makes the BB go, not the hardware. I could buy that in a nanosecond.

4th and Long
09-09-2005, 08:05 PM
You're doing nothing more than drawing party lines with that comment. No more. No less.

The DC forum is nothing more than a pissing match. It serves no real purpose. It's totally uninformative. Anything worth wild found there can readily be found on television. The main board, be it Chiefs news, NFL news or even Royals news, normally has solid information that you will not find just by flipping on the television. The pissing matches are minimal as well. If you people want to discuss politics, why the hell don't you go find a political board and do it there and stop dredging up this muck once a year on an otherwise perfectly good football board?

*throws 2 cents on the table*

mlyonsd
09-09-2005, 08:07 PM
If that is all it takes I will be happy to pay for the hardware and we will put everything back in the main forum. :p

Fact is the labor to fix the software is what makes the BB go, not the hardware. I could buy that in a nanosecond.

IMO those that own the hardware own the software at the same time.

So whatever they decide to make the two work together is what should be implemented. If they lose users so be it.

Logical
09-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Mistakes have been made w/ mods being quick on the trigger. Mods are human, after all. It's not policy that geek or picture threads are banned from the main forum.I think you best double check with Phil on the pictures policy, that policy was made while I was a moderator and I remember it specifically. As I do Troy thinking they were to kill his thread by requiring the picture threads be in a separate forum. You are probably right about the Geeks forum I would have no way of knowing.

Mr. Kotter
You know Laz is right and how often do I agree with Laz on the main forum?:p

Your whining is just more recently acquired, that's all....old man. :)

4th and Long

So whatever they decide to make the two work together is what should be implemented. If they lose users so be it.
Yep! And if you leave over DC forum issues instead of being here for football talk, you're not a "real fan" anyway. :p

tk13
09-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Just to throw my two cents in, and I have no problem with Donger whatsoever, but I agree with Laz that there was a time where he posted a lot of political threads. Almost anything he came across, he posted. I think he toned it down a bit after a while, but he certainly posted a lot of politically related threads. I'll let everyone else discuss the merits of it, but I don't think Laz is off his rocker here at all.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 08:09 PM
You're doing nothing more than drawing party lines with that comment. No more. No less.

The DC forum is nothing more than a pissing match. It serves no real purpose. It's totally uninformative
AND it always has been ... nothings changed except the ratio of wingnuts to moonbats.

and the party lines were not drawn by me, they were drawn by the people who suddenly decided to kill something that they created because they don't like how it turned out.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2005, 08:10 PM
You have lost your mind. Donger was never a problem on the main forum in the context of starting political threads.

This is why so many are leaving, you all are a bunch of conspiratorial nut jobs. There is little to no rationale discussion with you all. It's all Outer Limits Moonbat whackines. ... You are so obsessed that you are breaking the rules that YOU support.

This is why people are leaving - you all have gone way off the deep end.

And that's the 100% truth.

memyselfI
09-09-2005, 08:11 PM

Damn you, you continue to destroy all of my preconceived notions of CONS...

damn you. And thank you. :thumb:

Mr. Laz
09-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Just to throw my two cents in, and I have no problem with Donger whatsoever, but I agree with Laz that there was a time where he posted a lot of political threads. Almost anything he came across, he posted. I think he toned it down a bit after a while, but he certainly posted a lot of politically related threads. I'll let everyone else discuss the merits of it, but I don't think Laz is off his rocker here at all.
thanks ... i'm not insane :harumph:

too much... heh

Logical
09-09-2005, 08:12 PM

So whatever they decide to make the two work together is what should be implemented. If they lose users so be it.You are not getting it so I will try one more time. Anyone can buy the prepackaged software and the hardware I could do that in a nanosecond. It is the labor that a few people behind the scenes (mainly Kyle) put into the hacks that make this place.

Raiderhater

Donger was not one of the three who caused the split as Laz is suggesting.

mlyonsd
It's "their" desire to retain users. Without users you don't have a board.

My point is why ask 5000 users for answers? They're going to get 5000 answers?

Since they own it let them decide. I've never once been asked to pay a fee to sign on. Those that want to stick around will do so. This is a Chiefs board first and that thought should never be lost.

Maybe I don't understand the issues because I've never bitched about any of them. I just sign on and see what's there and post if I want.

mlyonsd
09-09-2005, 08:15 PM
You are not getting it so I will try one more time. Anyone can buy the prepackaged software and the hardware I could do that in a nanosecond. It is the labor that a few people behind the scenes (mainly Kyle) put into the hacks that make this place.

Ok, then I'll try one more time.

Those that put forth the labor should decide what the planet should look like. Asking the rest of us morons what the planet should look like is the same as asking 5000 people what your favorite color is.