PDA

View Full Version : Ex Bronco RB in KC?

OrlandoChief
09-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Looks like the Chiefs are taking a look at Quentin Griffin...

"Former Denver RB Quentin Griffin is set to work out for the Chiefs today. Griffin doesn’t have much (if any) fantasy value right now but may be worth waiver wire consideration in deep leagues as insurance for Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson. The odds of both of them going down are pretty slim, but stranger things have happened. Derrick Blaylock had some value last season in Kansas City, so why not Q?"

According to Rotowrld.com anyway.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.asp?sport=NFL&column=55

COchief
09-09-2005, 11:07 AM
I don't want that little phag anywhere near the Chiefs

Eleazar
09-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Why not? He could be a change of pace, Blaylock-type guy in the post-Priest future where LJ is the feature back.

jspchief
09-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Sign him, pick his brain, cut him.

COchief
09-09-2005, 11:15 AM
I dislike the broncos too much, once an enemy always an enemy.
I would be in favor of signing him get copy of Donk playbook, then cut.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2005, 11:21 AM
3rd string running back and ST player that has starting experience, why not?

Archie Bunker
09-09-2005, 11:23 AM
I would be in favor of signing him get copy of Donk playbook, then cut.

Eddie Kennison :shrug:

jidar
09-09-2005, 11:23 AM
I don't see the downside here. He's not a bad back and he can help us with the Inside track on the donkeys.

RedThat
09-09-2005, 11:24 AM
why not? He'd be an ok 3rd string back behind Priest and LJ.

Iowanian
09-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Carl is a genius!

He's going to sign Griffin....under the table.....bring him in to gleen information about the Donk Offense....and hide him under a gatorade cup on the sideline, bypassing the pesky 53 man roster issue.

vckcchiefs04
09-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Get him for the min. and let him be 3rd string to mop up blow outs. Plus any info on the donks would help. Would not hurt much. :hmmm:

Iowanian
09-09-2005, 11:30 AM
the 3rd String RB should be very good at Special teams...I'd rather have Johna...McKenzie Smith for the 3rd...he can at least return kicks.

I'd feel alot better if Holcomb were healthy.

I'll also again say, that my biggest concern today, is the Chief DTs....If we're bringing in a Donk reject...I'd prefer it be Fatefehi or Dorsett Davis.

Kclee
09-09-2005, 11:34 AM
the 3rd String RB should be very good at Special teams...I'd rather have Johna...McKenzie Smith for the 3rd...he can at least return kicks.

I thought Q returned kicks as well.

Cormac
09-09-2005, 11:40 AM
I liked him coming out of college, and I think he'd be a decent signing now. He's talented and cheap. The only thing not to like is the horsehead factor, and he probably hates them now too :D

We need a 3rd string runner. God, anything but T-Rich or Ronnie Cruz getting "change-of-pace" carries. Besides, what would happen if Priest missed a game.

Cormac
09-09-2005, 11:41 AM
...I'd rather have Johna...McKenzie Smith for the 3rd...

So that's who McKenzie Smith is? What's the deal with that? I missed that story.....

I agree that Fatafehi or Dorsett Davis would be worth a look too, but they were beaten out by former Browns :shake: That's not a good sign.

vailpass
09-09-2005, 11:56 AM

I'd feel alot better if Holcomb were healthy.

I'll also again say, that my biggest concern today, is the Chief DTs....If we're bringing in a Donk reject...I'd prefer it be Fatefehi or Dorsett Davis.

Spot on, Q was cut because he is subject to injury due to his size and because he can't play special teams for crap. From today's Denver Post:

"Why did Denver keep Cecil Sapp?
-- Ishmael Huber, Providence, R.I.

Ishmael - The former Colorado State standout essentially was kept instead of tailback Quentin Griffin. A big reason Sapp was taken is special teams, where he excels. Also, Sapp is the lone backup at fullback. There are two backup tailbacks, so Sapp was kept and Griffin wasn't."

Stay away from both Fatefehi and Davis. I don't need to see the KC D line upgrade their talent level.

KCJake
09-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Agreed

ArrowheadHawk
09-09-2005, 12:26 PM
this guy is way too small

Dunit35
09-09-2005, 12:34 PM
I liked him coming out of college, and I think he'd be a decent signing now. He's talented and cheap. The only thing not to like is the horsehead factor, and he probably hates them now too :D

We need a 3rd string runner. God, anything but T-Rich or Ronnie Cruz getting "change-of-pace" carries. Besides, what would happen if Priest missed a game.

my guess they would go with what they have or bring Smith up from PS..

ROYC75
09-09-2005, 12:37 PM
I think Griffin told CP he would run for 150 yards against the Donks.........

Calcountry
09-09-2005, 01:43 PM
I would be in favor of signing him get copy of Donk playbook, then cut.Could he articulate the plays to our staff?

:shrug:

Chiefaholic
09-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Carl is a genius!

He's going to sign Griffin....under the table.....bring him in to gleen information about the Donk Offense....and hide him under a gatorade cup on the sideline, bypassing the pesky 53 man roster issue.

LOL... that's rep worthy

Chiefaholic
09-09-2005, 08:09 PM
this guy is way too small

Says the guy with Daunte Hall in his sig.

alanm
09-09-2005, 09:22 PM
3rd string running back and ST player that has starting experience, why not?
Exactly he's a fair to middling KR/PR guy and should Dante miss time we wouldn't need to use LJ out there. WTF am I saying LJ is a dangerous guy with the ball we need him on the field more. Nevermind. But we don't have a 3rd RB because Cruz is on the PS. Hell why not. :hmmm:

Thig Lyfe
09-09-2005, 09:26 PM

What if he pulls a Billy Baber?

Skip Towne
09-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Only sign him if we need help in the concession stands. He is not an NFL quality player.