PDA

View Full Version : Don't use the www.redcross.org for donations

Logical
09-09-2005, 10:09 PM
I just tried to make another large donation to the Katrina relief effort to the Red Cross. Filled in all my info and hit donate, no confirmation, nothing just came back to the same page and said to fill in my credit card number in red and all the other info was gone. I had already done all that so now I don't know whether the contribution was made or not. I guess I will wait till I get my bill and then if nothing appears I will try to donate again, just by phone this time. Very poorly done website for contributions if you ask me. Should have either told me the donation was accepted or that it did not go through.

kcfanintitanhell
09-09-2005, 10:40 PM
I wonder if any scumbags have secured the domain redcrosss.com or reddcross.com to try and rip people off just because they typed one extra consonant.

ChiTown
09-09-2005, 10:42 PM
what if you just make a "small' donation..........

jAZ
09-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Try...

http://s1.amazon.com/paypage/PELYGQVJ8Q7IB/104-7708485-5382313

Joe Seahawk
09-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Here's a good one..

http://www.nwmedicalteams.org/

teedubya
09-09-2005, 11:22 PM
If you want to send really really large donation...

go to www.alichi3fs.com and enter extremely large amount and click submit. Its tax deductable, of course.

Logical
09-09-2005, 11:31 PM
jAZ and Joe thanks for the websites, but my problem is I have donated (potentially a very large amount) I just don't have confirmation. I certainly do not intend to double it because they did not give me confirmation. Hopefullly Monday I can call my card company and find out if the transaction went through.

jAZ
09-09-2005, 11:33 PM
jAZ and Joe thanks for the websites, but my problem is I have donated (potentially a very large amount) I just don't have confirmation. I certainly do not intend to double it because they did not give me confirmation. Hopefullly Monday I can call my card company and find out if the transaction went through.
Yeah, you should be able to call tonight if you really wanted to confirm. I think they can check it right away. Certainly by Monday.

If you don't get confirmation, I bet it didn't go through.

teedubya
09-09-2005, 11:36 PM
i just checked www.alichi3fs.com and it did NOT go through... must be a mistake. Please resubmit that VERY large amount.

Thank you.

Logical
09-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah, you should be able to call tonight if you really wanted to confirm. I think they can check it right away. Certainly by Monday.

If you don't get confirmation, I bet it didn't go through.Yes, my first contribution was done by phone I wish I had done this one by phone but I did not find their phone number at first.

If it did not go through I will do it by phone Monday afternoon.

jAZ
09-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Yes, my first contribution was done by phone I wish I had done this one by phone but I did not find their phone number at first.

If it did not go through I will do it by phone Monday afternoon.
Anyway, I know this isn't why you started the thread, but screw it.

Kudos to you for stepping up. You always seem to be happy to do it. Watch out for that Ali guy. I think he's doing something sketchy with his "donation" site.

;)

Logical
09-09-2005, 11:40 PM
i just checked www.alichi3fs.com (http://www.alichi3fs.com) and it did NOT go through... must be a mistake. Please resubmit that VERY large amount.

Thank you.Phil told me to let you know he has you covered, you can collect at B5 on Sunday.;)