PDA

View Full Version : IPOD nice looking but crippled too much ? Can you play burned music ?

chief99
09-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Doesn't Ipod have alot of copyright protections to prevent illegally burned music ?

I was really interested in Shuffle and Nano but now I am having second thoughts. You have to use ITUNES also. This lockin shit is sickening.

kcjayhawks5
09-09-2005, 11:14 PM
i dunno. i just bought one last week and have copied many burned cds and reg cds. it has worked fine for me.

chief99
09-10-2005, 12:00 AM
cool . Before i plunk that much $$ i want to know for sure.

Megbert
09-10-2005, 02:34 AM
Yea I don't have one anymore but when you rip a cd in itunes all the formats that you can choose are in a format that the ipod can play. MP3, ACC, AIFF and so on. The copyright comes from the DL music from their store.

I burned the MP3's I had from another computer put them into itunes on another comp and I was able to port them over to my ipod.

|Zach|
09-10-2005, 03:26 AM
It plays MP3's. Thats what you get when you rip a CD.

Taco John
09-10-2005, 04:01 AM
Ipods are cool, but I want just one device that can do everything...

And I love it:

http://admaiora.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/treo650_3.jpg

Bob Dole
09-10-2005, 04:33 AM
Yea I don't have one anymore but when you rip a cd in itunes all the formats that you can choose are in a format that the ipod can play. MP3, ACC, AIFF and so on. The copyright comes from the DL music from their store.

So what happens if you burn the audio CD from a downloaded, restricted version, then rip the audio back off to MP3? It seems like that would eliminate the copy restrictions originally imposed.