PDA

View Full Version : keg's crystal ball - week 1

keg in kc
09-10-2005, 01:50 AM
Figured I'd do something out of character this year, make weekly wild predictions on our games. No scientific mojo-jojo or statistical mumbo-jumbo, strictly gut feelings. I'll try to keep them short.

Chiefs will win. 27-24. It won't be pretty.

We'll start slow on both sides of the ball. The Jets will get out to a 7-10 point lead, and hold it for most of the first half. We'll have trouble moving the ball initially. Trent will be out of synch and the defense will give up some plays. The entire metro will groan.

Here we go again.

Second half will start much the same way, but then the defense will make a big play, an interception or a strip. The offense will score quickly on a big play, perhaps a long run by LJ. Afterward, we'll see that the game turned at that point, the defense will stiffen and the offense will click into gear. We'll go ahead in a way reminiscent of Priest's late score in the Meadowlands back in '02, but the Jets will score with less than a minute on the clock. Dante will hit a long return, and...Tynes will win it, hitting from 48.

We'll all need some pepto after, but a win is a win is a win.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2005, 01:53 AM
the Jets will score with less than a minute on the clock.

Oh Jesus H. Christ. I'll feel like shit.

Tynes will win it, hitting from 48.

Gawd. My heart will be pounding before the kick. I'll sit there knowing he's going to miss it, and everyone here will rip on him.

You're not kidding about the pepto. But that would be a great win!

el borracho
09-10-2005, 02:08 AM
huh. uh-huh. huh. Keg's got crystal balls.

tk13
09-10-2005, 02:09 AM
I was rooting for a 30 year pitch from Green to Waters with 12 seconds left, then Vilma throwing his helmet across the field, drawing a penalty that allows Tynes to hit a 57 yard FG for the win.

Mecca
09-10-2005, 02:14 AM
You know Chris Berman picked this game 27-24 in his swami segment....... except he picked the Jets to win go figure.

keg in kc
09-10-2005, 02:16 AM
I didn't watch the segment. Looked like he was going to pick another pats/eagles superbowl, and I figured why bother.

greg63
09-10-2005, 02:20 AM
Figured I'd do something out of character this year, make weekly wild predictions on our games. No scientific mojo-jojo or statistical mumbo-jumbo, strictly gut feelings. I'll try to keep them short.

We'll start slow on both sides of the ball. The Jets will get out to a 7-10 point lead, and hold it for most of the first half. We'll have trouble moving the ball initially. Trent will be out of synch and the defense will give up some plays. The entire metro will groan.

Here we go again.

Second half will start much the same way, but then the defense will make a big play, an interception or a strip. The offense will score quickly on a big play, perhaps a long run by LJ. Afterward, we'll see that the game turned at that point, the defense will stiffen and the offense will click into gear. We'll go ahead in a way reminiscent of Priest's late score in the Meadowlands back in '02, but the Jets will score with less than a minute on the clock. Dante will hit a long return, and...Tynes will win it, hitting from 48.

Boy, I hope they intercept and save the strip for their night job at Chip and Dales. j/k. :p

Mecca
09-10-2005, 02:20 AM
I didn't watch the segment. Looked like he was going to pick another pats/eagles superbowl, and I figured why bother.

You are correct he did just that. I really dislike Berman these days his gimmick is old and he's just annoying.

alanm
09-10-2005, 02:30 AM

Here we go again.

I sure hope you're springing for the Grecian formulae. Cause that's the kind of shit that will make my hair turn grey. :banghead: :cuss: :)

keg in kc
09-10-2005, 02:37 AM
Turn grey? Puhleeeze.

alanm
09-10-2005, 02:42 AM
Turn grey? Puhleeeze.
Hey!! I'm less than a month away from turning 48 and I've nary a grey hair. I want to keep it that way. :p I've a feeling both the Huskers and Chiefs will give me numerous strokes this fall. :banghead: :cuss: ROFL

keg in kc
09-10-2005, 02:49 AM
Hey!! I'm less than a month away from turning 48 and I've nary a grey hair. I want to keep it that way.I have this picture of you standing in front of a mirror with tweezers, doing a deathstar run on stray greys. I've a feeling both the Huskers and Chiefs will give me numerous strokes this fall. Bet on it.

ExtremeChief
09-10-2005, 04:59 AM

Here we go again.

this means I'll have to listen to my one friend rambling, "I told you we'd suck!" for an entire half, and I will end up drinking twice as much as I normally would have.

Second half will start much the same way, but then the defense will make a big play, an interception or a strip.

f**kin A!!! Oops, I just broke something celebrating.. "I'll fix it tomorrow... no.. beer won't leave a permanent stain...then clean it up if you are worried about it!! yes, yes, YES! shut up the game is on!!!!!"

The offense will score quickly on a big play, perhaps a long run by LJ.

"I told you he wasn't a stupid draft pick! Hell, it was almost a second rounder." ad nauseum for the next two drives

Afterward, we'll see that the game turned at that point, the defense will stiffen and the offense will click into gear. We'll go ahead in a way reminiscent of Priest's late score in the Meadowlands back in '02, but the Jets will score with less than a minute on the clock.

F****** d_fense damnit aaaarghhh!!!

Dante will hit a long return

"way to miss the block Stills... if we still had blaylock, he would have scored" :banghead:(for Bob)

, and...Tynes will win it, hitting from 48.

lucky bastard!!!!! I mean great kick!

Nice post Keg... I nearly had a coronary just reading it.

Baby Lee
09-10-2005, 05:26 AM
huh. uh-huh. huh. Keg's got crystal balls.
And Phobes has a cotton candy cock. What of it?

Baby Lee
09-10-2005, 05:28 AM
I have this picture of you standing in front of a mirror with tweezers, doing a deathstar run on stray greys. Bet on it.
Sad thing is, the mirror is waist high.

the Talking Can
09-10-2005, 06:41 AM
more or less...I think it will be a FG win

I think Trent will throw an INT early causing much heartburn on the planet but he'll settle in and Parker will catch a huge bomb at some point to turn things around, probably on a late 2nd quarter drive allowing us to score right before halftime..

KCFalcon59
09-10-2005, 08:02 AM
You know Chris Berman picked this game 27-24 in his swami segment....... except he picked the Jets to win go figure.

Which is good, because he is usually wrong.

keg in kc
09-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Sad thing is, the mirror is waist high.Shudder.

tomahawk kid
09-10-2005, 02:59 PM

Has that skullet sporting f#ck EVER picked up to win a game? EVER?

Deberg_1990
09-10-2005, 03:02 PM
It better not come down to a Tynes Field goal at the end. My heart cant take that kind of punishment.