PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Spacey is Lex Luther -- a photo...

Fire Me Boy!
09-10-2005, 02:09 AM
Awesome...

http://latinoreview.com/films_2006/wb/superman/sr3.html

Rausch
09-10-2005, 02:10 AM
Nice casting.

Who's superman?

Fire Me Boy!
09-10-2005, 02:11 AM
http://latinoreview.com/films_2006/wb/superman/bjr-superman.html

tk13
09-10-2005, 02:12 AM
I thought that was already announced? Maybe not. It'll be interesting to see how he plays the character. Probably pretty straight forward, I'm in the minority probably but I always liked Gene Hackman as Lex. He just had charisma.

Fire Me Boy!
Brandon Routh is his name, I think... Singer wanted an unknown, much like Christopher Reeve.

Fire Me Boy!
Here's the main page link.

http://latinoreview.com/films_2006/wb/superman/supermanreturns.html

Fire Me Boy!
09-10-2005, 02:13 AM
I thought that was already announced? Maybe not. It'll be interesting to see how he plays the character. Probably pretty straight forward, I'm in the minority probably but I always liked Gene Hackman as Lex. He just had charisma.
It was released, follow the link. It's a picture.

keg in kc
09-10-2005, 02:15 AM
This was announced months ago. They've been shooting down under for weeks, and IIRC are about to go on a 6-week or so haitus.

There's a great series of video journals on www.bluetights.net if you haven't seen them.

Fire Me Boy!
09-10-2005, 02:16 AM
This was announced months ago. They've been shooting down under for weeks, and IIRC are about to go on a 6-week or so haitus.

There's a great series of video journals on www.bluetights.net if you haven't seen them.
I know it was released... it's a damn picture of him.

Rausch
09-10-2005, 02:16 AM
http://latinoreview.com/films_2006/wb/superman/bjr-superman.html

Yuck...the Metrosexual man of Steele...

Fire Me Boy!
09-10-2005, 02:18 AM
I like the casting. He was supposed to have that All-American look.

Fire Me Boy!
09-10-2005, 02:19 AM
That, and I'll let Bryan Singer do whatever the **** he wants after the X-Men series and The Usual Suspects.

Gravedigger
09-10-2005, 02:25 AM
whats with the hair?

keg in kc
09-10-2005, 02:27 AM
That, and I'll let Bryan Singer do whatever the **** he wants after the X-Men series and The Usual Suspects.I think I read that the budget on the film is already over $250 million. I hope it's as good as I expect, so there's more than one.

And if they could somehow work a tie-in at some point with the Christian Bale Batman character. Too much to hope for.

I like the Routh casting, it's actually Kevin Spacey that gives me some pause. I'm going to have a hard time seeing him as Lex Luthor, and not a bald Kevin Spacey.

Fire Me Boy!
09-10-2005, 02:29 AM
I think I read that the budget on the film is already over $250 million. I hope it's as good as I expect, so there's more than one.

And if they could somehow work a tie-in at some point with the Christian Bale Batman character. Too much to hope for.

I like the Routh casting, it's actually Kevin Spacey that gives me some pause. I'm going to have a hard time seeing him as Lex Luthor, and not a bald Kevin Spacey.
I'm VERY interested in seeing what he brings to the character.

Fire Me Boy!
09-10-2005, 02:29 AM
And I think the Batman tie-in would be a monumental mistake.

Son of Logical
09-10-2005, 02:30 AM
whats with the hair?
Exactly, and whats with the tiny Superman symbol? From what I remember it was huge, and not marroon.

Fire Me Boy!
09-10-2005, 02:30 AM
Yeah, I'm not really digging the muted colors... I want S-man's cape to be fireball red!

Fire Me Boy!
09-10-2005, 02:34 AM
There's three pretty cool pics of the farm set up on the main site.

keg in kc
09-10-2005, 02:36 AM
And I think the Batman tie-in would be a monumental mistake.It would be if they did it wrong.

They're characters who co-exist in the same universe, and they do work together at times. There'd be nothing wrong with doing a film that used them both, especially if they each sport an established, quality film franchise. But I can't see getting Nolan and Singer to work cooperatively.

Ultimately, I guess it's up to Warner Brothers.

Fire Me Boy!
09-10-2005, 02:42 AM
It would be if they did it wrong.

They're characters who co-exist in the same universe, and they do work together at times. There'd be nothing wrong with doing a film that used them both, especially if they each sport an established, quality film franchise. But I can't see getting Nolan and Singer to work cooperatively.

Ultimately, I guess it's up to Warner Brothers.
I still think it would be awful. Too many protagonists. Keep them separate. And in case you missed it, Batman is in Gotham... Superman is in Metropolis. :p

Seriously, though... the styles are so different it would come off as a muddled film, or it would come off as one of the two just not in the correct environment. Audiences are sensitive to that.

keg in kc
09-10-2005, 02:46 AM
I still think it would be awful. Too many protagonists. Keep them separate. And in case you missed it, Batman is in Gotham... Superman is in Metropolis.

Seriously, though... the styles are so different it would come off as a muddled film, or it would come off as one of the two just not in the correct environment. Audiences are sensitive to that.And I couldn't disagree more, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion. It's a matter of taste, and while I don't know that "Superman vs. Batman" is necessarily the way to go, I do think the idea of cooperative effort (after the story lines in each trilogy are wrapped up), or even better, a Justice League film, adding in Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman (whoever she ends up being) and a few more characters could have a real cool x-men-ish vibe in Brian Singers hands.

But I don't ever expect it to happen.

And I'm happy to get what we're getting. I was shocked that they didn't f*ck up Batman Begins, and Superman Returns looks on the right track. Hopefully the remainder of the films follow suit. After that, anything else is gravy.

oaklandhater
09-10-2005, 04:17 AM

And I'm happy to get what we're getting. I was shocked that they didn't f*ck up Batman Begins, and Superman Returns looks on the right track. Hopefully the remainder of the films follow suit. After that, anything else is gravy.

Too Bad MARVEL, would'nt follow the same track R.i.P HULK DAREDEVIL Fantastic 4 BLADE 2 Blade 3, and soon to be the king of marvel f*uck up's Ghost rider :(

keg in kc
09-10-2005, 04:44 AM
Well, Marvel just signed a new deal with Paramount, so we'll get gems like Ant-Man, Cloak and Dagger and Hawkeye.

NewChief
09-10-2005, 06:29 AM
Well, Marvel just signed a new deal with Paramount, so we'll get gems like Ant-Man, Cloak and Dagger and Hawkeye.

Hey. I liked Cloak and Dagger, damnit.

Wonder if anyone has the movie rights to Elfquest.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
09-10-2005, 08:16 AM

Actually its HOMOsexual man of steel, the actor is gay. I can't believe the new Superman is being played by a gay guy!

:banghead:

scooter
09-10-2005, 09:38 AM
I do think the idea of cooperative effort (after the story lines in each trilogy are wrapped up), or even better, a Justice League film, adding in Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman (whoever she ends up being) and a few more characters could have a real cool x-men-ish vibe in Brian Singers hands.

That would be cool. I think even if you didn't have a full Justice League movie, it would be awesome to have a movie that hinted at the formation of the JL. For example, a movie about Green Lantern, or another JL member outside of Gotham or Metropolis fighting a powerful enemy. The hero is unable to defeat the foe on his own and begins to cause more problems, and threaten a larger territory. The hero calls upon assistance from other heroes ( Superman, Batman, etc.) and they fight together to beat the foe. The heroes decide that they need to have a way to band together when needed, while still protecting their own "home area". The movie itself would not be about the JL, but towards the end we can see the beginnings of it.

I like stuff like that. Kind of like at the end of X2, when they fly over the lake where Jean Gray died and you can fintly see the form of a phoenix. Inside hints like that for fans that know what happen in the comics are fun.

Thig Lyfe
09-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Actually its HOMOsexual man of steel, the actor is gay. I can't believe the new Superman is being played by a gay guy!

:banghead:

Man of Steel? More like Man of... um... uh... Gayness!

Deberg_1990
09-10-2005, 10:07 AM
IM very curious to see how this film turns out. Supposedly it it s sequel to Superman's 1 and 2. They are basically eliminating Supermans 3 and 4. (A good Idea)

Deberg_1990
09-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Man of Steel? More like Man of... um... uh... Gayness!

Oh brother, I knew it wouldnt take long before somerone brought up Singer being gay. Ill give the guy the benefit after his work on the X-Men series. Those were great films.

oaklandhater
09-10-2005, 12:27 PM

I know that Marvel might sue Newline due to the fact they have had the rights to ironman for 10years, with no movie to show for it :(