PDA

View Full Version : What's the latest on the injuries?

Frankie
09-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Any words yet? Who among the injured will be back next week?

Frankie
09-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Anybody?

ArrowheadHawk
09-11-2005, 04:38 PM
we will know better tommorrow

keg in kc
09-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Too soon to tell. Probably won't know anything for sure until Tuesday, after tests are run.

Raiderhater
09-11-2005, 04:43 PM
What was the preliminary word on the injuries? I couldn't hear shit at the bar today.

keg in kc
09-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Richardson: knee
Roaf: hamstring
Sims: foot sprain
Surtain: head trauma (concussion?)

No real word on the severity of any of them.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Richardson: knee
Roaf: hamstring
Sims: No Heart
Surtain: head trauma (concussion?)

No real word on the severity of any of them.

You had Sims injury reported wrong. I fixed it for you.

Scorp
09-11-2005, 04:49 PM

LOL good stuff right there! ROFL

Raiderhater
09-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Thanks, Kyle. I kind of feared that was what happened with Surtain. I was sitting there just going, "Goddamnit! Goddamnit! Godf#ckingdamnit! Not Surtain! Not f#cking Surtain! Godf#ckingdamnit!"

I noticed a big change in the defensive play after he was gone.

eazyb81
09-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Even though this game was nice, we are seriously screwed if Roaf, Surtain, OR T-Rich are out for a decent amount of time.

All three of those guys play an important role on the team, going a few games without one of them would really hurt us.

milkman
09-11-2005, 04:59 PM

In the last couple of years, this would have been true.

But today, as I've said elsewhere, he played like a man on a mission until he went out.

ArrowheadHawk
09-11-2005, 05:00 PM
lets help they all get healthy fast

keg in kc
09-11-2005, 05:00 PM
You had Sims injury reported wrong. I fixed it for you.Welcome to ignore, f*ckstick.

Lzen
09-11-2005, 05:08 PM

You need your eyes checked. What I've seen out of him this year is a lot of penetration and forcing the opponent to double team him. If you have the game on tape, I suggest you watch that first series again.

Chiefnj
09-11-2005, 05:13 PM
I think teams use the term head trauma now because there may be official steps that have to be taken if it is a "concussion."

TRR
09-11-2005, 05:23 PM
I'm fearing the worst on TRich. Looked like it could be a possible ACL/MCL.

Lzen
09-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Sims' plays today:

1st play - Penetrated and even though he was being held by the o-lineman, still stayed under control....didn't overpersue and he made the tackle, only allowing a 2 yard gain for Martin

2nd play - Bit on the run fake.....don't much blame him since most of the Jets ran left. The LBer on that side (DJ?) should've covered his responsibility better.

3rd play - Got there after DJ and others made the play but he probably would've made the tackle for a loss or very short gain......also was being held by #66 on this play because he beat his man again.

4th play - penetrated into the backfield and redirected Curtis Martin into his teammates.....the play was supposed to go to the right.

5th play - Looked like the center backed up or perhaps he just lost his balance......but that was the play that Sims fell down and then somehow hurt his ankle

Wile_E_Coyote
09-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Chiefs beat Jets but lose four starters

http://www.belleville.com/images/common/spacer.gif
DOUG TUCKER
Associated Press
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - One look at the injury list is enough to keep the Kansas City Chiefs' 27-7 victory over the New York Jets in sobering perspective.

Four starters went down, including Pro Bowl cornerback Patrick Surtain and 10-time Pro Bowl left tackle Willie Roaf. Defensive tackle Ryan Sims has a foot injury.

Surtain was injured at the end of one of the day's most explosive plays. With perfect timing, he intercepted Chad Pennington's pass and then turned upfield 53 yards before guard Brandon Moore brought him down hard.

He lay on the ground several minutes and then walked off on wobbly legs with what was described as a concussion.

After the Chiefs scored 17 points on their first three possessions, Roaf came out with a hamstring. Also out was Pro Bowl fullback Tony Richardson with what was described as a knee sprain.

Jordan Black, who was starting at right tackle, moved over for Roaf and Chris Bober came in at right tackle. Perhaps it was not a coincidence that an offense which had seemed unstoppable did not have another score until Lawrence Tynes hit a field goal with 4:13 left in the third quarter.

Coach Dick Vermeil indicated Surtain, Sims and Richardson would not be out long. He said he doubted Roaf would be ready for next week's game at Oakland.

"Any time you lose a 10-time Pro Bowler, it changes things a little bit," said quarterback Trent Green.

The offensive line was already weakened by the four-game suspension of John Welbourn, who could play both guard and tackle.

"You never want to lose either of those guys and, hopefully, they're not serious injuries," said Green. "The guys who stepped in played well - Bober and Jordan. It's tough for any guy to go from right to left, let alone a young guy, and play like he did. I think they both did well. But when you get that kind of lead you want to start pounding the ball."

Hammock Parties
09-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Broncos | Anderson to Undergo MRI
Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:45:06 -0700

Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan, according to MiamiDolphins.com, said RB Mike Anderson (ribs) has a cartilage injury in a rib. He will have an MRI, which will determine the extent of the injury. Shanahan said he does not know how much time Anderson may miss.

Broncos | Bailey Suffers Separated Shoulder
Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:44:45 -0700

Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan, according to MiamiDolphins.com, said CB Champ Bailey (shoulder) suffered a separated shoulder Sunday, Sept. 11, but the team does not know the severity of the injury. He is not sure how much time Bailey may miss.

milkman
09-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Chiefs beat Jets but lose four starters

DOUG TUCKER
Associated Press
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - One look at the injury list is enough to keep the Kansas City Chiefs' 27-7 victory over the New York Jets in sobering perspective.

Four starters went down, including Pro Bowl cornerback Patrick Surtain and 10-time Pro Bowl left tackle Willie Roaf. Defensive tackle Ryan Sims has a foot injury.

Surtain was injured at the end of one of the day's most explosive plays. With perfect timing, he intercepted Chad Pennington's pass and then turned upfield 53 yards before guard Brandon Moore brought him down hard.

He lay on the ground several minutes and then walked off on wobbly legs with what was described as a concussion.

After the Chiefs scored 17 points on their first three possessions, Roaf came out with a hamstring. Also out was Pro Bowl fullback Tony Richardson with what was described as a knee sprain.

Jordan Black, who was starting at right tackle, moved over for Roaf and Chris Bober came in at right tackle. Perhaps it was not a coincidence that an offense which had seemed unstoppable did not have another score until Lawrence Tynes hit a field goal with 4:13 left in the third quarter.

Coach Dick Vermeil indicated Surtain, Sims and Richardson would not be out long. He said he doubted Roaf would be ready for next week's game at Oakland.

"Any time you lose a 10-time Pro Bowler, it changes things a little bit," said quarterback Trent Green.

The offensive line was already weakened by the four-game suspension of John Welbourn, who could play both guard and tackle.

"You never want to lose either of those guys and, hopefully, they're not serious injuries," said Green. "The guys who stepped in played well - Bober and Jordan. It's tough for any guy to go from right to left, let alone a young guy, and play like he did. I think they both did well. But when you get that kind of lead you want to start pounding the ball."

This is something I talked about late in TC.
I thought that Sampson was given the opportunity to be the starting RT, not only because he has talent, but because Black had established himself as the heir apparent to Roaf, and the staff didn't want to move him back and forth because of the difference in mechanics from right to left, and it is a difficult transition for a young guy that is just getting his feet wet.

I think he's struggled some because of the move back and forth.

Frankie
09-11-2005, 06:14 PM

I guess Black IS a natural LT and not a RT. Hope Sampson is ready for next week's game.

KC Kings
09-11-2005, 06:17 PM

But today, as I've said elsewhere, he played like a man on a mission until he went out.

What??? Maybe I had to many beers, but didn't Sims come out on the first drive? Being the first game of the year, how much heart has he showed us so far in 5 or 6 plays.

milkman
09-11-2005, 06:23 PM
What??? Maybe I had to many beers, but didn't Sims come out on the first drive? Being the first game of the year, how much heart has he showed us so far in 5 or 6 plays.

You're right.
He only played in 5 or 6 plays, but he showed more in those plays than he has shown in the last 2 years, and it was an extention of what he showed in the preseason.

Dave Lane
09-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Report from DV was all minor Roaf probably will miss next week.

Dave

Calcountry
09-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Even though this game was nice, we are seriously screwed if Roaf, Surtain, OR T-Rich are out for a decent amount of time.

All three of those guys play an important role on the team, going a few games without one of them would really hurt us.High price for a win, but even higher if we would have lost.

We must have Roaf. Indespensable to lose him.

We still can't run to the right very well, and without him, running to the left just got harder.

All of those injuries hurt, and I was worried about the second half. It was like they were dropping like flies.

digi2fish
09-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks, Kyle. I kind of feared that was what happened with Surtain. I was sitting there just going, "Goddamnit! Goddamnit! Godf#ckingdamnit! Not Surtain! Not f#cking Surtain! Godf#ckingdamnit!"

I noticed a big change in the defensive play after he was gone.

it change was obvious....
but hopefully he's okay, he walked out by himself.

the Talking Can
09-11-2005, 06:59 PM

Dave

sweet words....

Frankie
09-11-2005, 07:14 PM
it change was obvious....
but hopefully he's okay, he walked out by himself.
Yeah, but I think he was out cold before that.

Valiant
09-11-2005, 07:16 PM

You he is playing like a man in a contract year...

the Talking Can
09-11-2005, 08:03 PM
You he is playing like a man in a contract year...

except it isn't a contract year

TEX
09-11-2005, 08:44 PM
except it isn't a contract year

Not literally, but because of the huge jump in pay, it could be treated as such.

keg in kc
09-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Not literally, but because of the huge jump in pay, it could be treated as such.:spock:

832K to 1.56 million?

Huge? That's peanuts. He didn't make much less than that as a rookie.

brent102fire
09-11-2005, 08:59 PM

I agree...I saw the New Ryan Sims today! The player he was supposed to be when he was drafted. I hope Ryan comes back soon...the D needs him :toast:

Frankie
09-11-2005, 09:07 PM
:spock:

832K to 1.56 million?

All of a sudden I have this huge craving for peanuts.

TEX
09-11-2005, 09:13 PM
:spock:

832K to 1.56 million?

I'd say a 40% jump in pay is allot. Shoot, I'd love to get that. Wouldn't you? What's the full story with his contract?

milkman
09-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Not literally, but because of the huge jump in pay, it could be treated as such.

I don't really care if it's money that motivates him.

All I care about is that he was finally showing up.

Pitt Gorilla
09-11-2005, 09:17 PM

Dave
Yeah, about that. Roaf isn't so much allowed to miss a week. So, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with him not playing next week. Yeah.

Lzen
09-12-2005, 08:33 AM
I'd say a 40% jump in pay is allot. Shoot, I'd love to get that. Wouldn't you? What's the full story with his contract?

$1.56 mil isn't that much for a starting DT in the NFL. And from the few plays he played along with his preseason performance, I'd say he's stepped it up this year. Whatever Gun is doing to motivate him, it's working. Like it or not, we need Sims to play well this year. Browning is a solid backup but he's never going to be anything more than a backup.

Lzen
09-12-2005, 08:35 AM

I recorded this game on my dvr so, I went back and reviewed those plays before Sims got hurt. Read my evaluation in post #17.

PunkinDrublic
09-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Even though he is vital to the Chiefs offensive success I would keep Roaf out this week anyway as a precautionary measure. The raiders are weak defensively and IMO shouldn't be to much of a problem. I do worry about Sapp being matched up on a guy with less playing experience. If injuries are going to happen its better to have them at the beginning of the season.