PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Rookie of the Year: DJ or Ware?

ChiefsKing
09-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Let's compare DJ's stats to Demarcus Ware's after week one:

Ware:
Tackles-2
Assists-0
Sacks-0

DJ:
Tackles-8
Assists-1
Sacks-1

So far so good. No comparison

HolmeZz
09-12-2005, 12:01 AM
DJ had a forced fumble too.

beer bacon
09-12-2005, 12:03 AM
It is a long season. This hasn't gotten much press, but Pollack and Thurman both had good games as well.

HolmeZz
09-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Who? ;)

Chiefnj
09-12-2005, 08:13 AM
I was going to say the same thing about Odell Thurman. I really like Pollack, but I think moving him from DE to OLB and the fact he was a long holdout will lower his productivity. Thurman is going to put up big numbers this year, but he might be lost in obscurity in Cincy.

Kyle401
09-12-2005, 08:29 AM
DJ still needs to improve his pass reads and get back into coverage sooner, but he looked pretty good Sunday. If he keeps it up he should be a strong candidate for DROY.

Mr. Laz
09-12-2005, 08:46 AM
derrick showed promise and potiential, he also showed several rookie mistakes.

but he's still one of our best defenders already

teedubya
09-12-2005, 08:48 AM
but he's still one of our best defenders already

And with the 15th pick overall... the Chiefs get a fuggin STEAL!!!

I seriously almost cried when he fell to us, and we drafted him...

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-12-2005, 08:50 AM

Ware:
Tackles-2
Assists-0
Sacks-0

DJ:
Tackles-8
Assists-1
Sacks-1

but...but... but.... the guys on NFL Today were CERTAIN Ware was going to be defensive roy....

:rolleyes:

Dave Lane
09-12-2005, 08:53 AM

Ware:
Tackles-2
Assists-0
Sacks-0

DJ:
Tackles-8
Assists-1
Sacks-1

Thomas Davis the pick before DJ had these

tackles sacks assist

T. Davis 5 0 4

Dave

ChiefsKing
09-12-2005, 08:55 AM
but...but... but.... the guys on NFL Today were CERTAIN Ware was going to be defensive roy....

:rolleyes:

Yes they were saying parcels compared ware to LT, and Marty even compared ware him to DT. Ware does look good, but no love for DJ?

chagrin
09-12-2005, 08:55 AM
Thanks for posting that, I was trying to get a highlight showing DJ, someone tell me...how fast was he? Did he face blockers, etc. Throw me a bone! I am in Forida and didn't see any CHIEFS highlights during the other games they showed down here :(

Chiefnj
09-12-2005, 09:03 AM
Thanks for posting that, I was trying to get a highlight showing DJ, someone tell me...how fast was he? Did he face blockers, etc. Throw me a bone! I am in Forida and didn't see any CHIEFS highlights during the other games they showed down here :(

On the play where he forced Pennington to fumble he shed two blockers. He likes to swing his arm and try to knock the ball out on runners and receivers. It was working yesterday, but against some stronger runners there might be some broken tackles in the future.

jAZ
09-12-2005, 09:13 AM
derrick showed promise and potiential, he also showed several rookie mistakes.
Didn't DJ bite on a play-action bootleg pass to the right on the first play of the Jets game? I don't watch players closely when watching the game, but I'm pretty sure that was 56.

chagrin
09-12-2005, 09:16 AM
On the play where he forced Pennington to fumble he shed two blockers. He likes to swing his arm and try to knock the ball out on runners and receivers. It was working yesterday, but against some stronger runners there might be some broken tackles in the future.

Sweet, thanks for the info dude!

Gaz
09-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Johnson bit hard on some misdirection, but hoo boy is he fast. Some gentle, constructive criticism from Gunther should help put the young man back on the path of the righteous.

He is going to be a good one. I am still stunned that he was there for us to pick.

xoxo~
Gaz
Liked what he saw from the D yesterday.