PDA

View Full Version : Dante Hall, WR

jspchief
09-12-2005, 07:39 AM
Was anyone else disappointed to see Hall in at WR so much?

I really hope that Vermeil will start to work Hall out of the WR rotation. Besides the injury risk (he seems to get hammered a lot on those short passing plays), and the way it appears to affect his effectiveness as a returner, I also think he's very limited on what types of routes he can be effective on. The only way he can be open on deep routes is to have his man beat by about 5+ yards.

Maybe he was out there because Vermeil wanted vet experience in there to get us off to a good start. I just hope that we can see Boe or Horn do enough to take that slot position over on a more regular basis.

penguinz
09-12-2005, 07:41 AM
The midget should not be allowed near the field for any play other than kickoff or punt return.

jspchief
09-12-2005, 07:42 AM
The midget should not be allowed near the field for any play other than kickoff or punt return.Heh. Cliff notes version of my post. :)

oldandslow
09-12-2005, 07:45 AM
The midget should not be allowed near the field for any play other than kickoff or punt return.

What he said.

Bootlegged
09-12-2005, 07:48 AM
Hopefully we can sign Pathon or someone of that level that is floating on the waiver wire to be our 3rd or 4th.

Sam
09-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Was anyone else disappointed to see Hall in at WR so much?

I really hope that Vermeil will start to work Hall out of the WR rotation. Besides the injury risk (he seems to get hammered a lot on those short passing plays), and the way it appears to affect his effectiveness as a returner, I also think he's very limited on what types of routes he can be effective on. The only way he can be open on deep routes is to have his man beat by about 5+ yards.

Maybe he was out there because Vermeil wanted vet experience in there to get us off to a good start. I just hope that we can see Boe or Horn do enough to take that slot position over on a more regular basis.

Yeah, I didn't like seeing him on the field so much either. I don't think that I saw Parker on the field enough either.

Skip Towne
09-12-2005, 07:56 AM
Heh. Cliff notes version of my post. :)
I said the same thing during the game thread.

ChiTown
09-12-2005, 08:02 AM
Agreed.

His value is in the return game. If he isn't effective there, then he really is of little value to the team. JMHO

Braincase
09-12-2005, 08:06 AM
I think we sandbagged the passing game. Notice no WIlson & no Boerigter. I think we want to surprise the Raiders with those two.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-12-2005, 08:07 AM
I know they feel he can break something big at any given moment so they have all the temptation to give him the ball... but I too feel he's too valuable to risk losing on kick-offs and punts to keep using him on offense.

I REALLY hated the hand-off to him early in the game. I was just praying he didn't get smashed. He's just a little guy after all.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-12-2005, 08:08 AM
I think we sandbagged the passing game. Notice no WIlson & no Boerigter. I think we want to surprise the Raiders with those two.
I think Kris Wilson is like a fart in the wind. You hear he's there but there's never any proof.

siberian khatru
09-12-2005, 08:11 AM
There was a play in the 2nd half -- I think a 3rd down -- where Green threw a bit high to Dante, who leaped and got a hand on the ball but couldn't haul it in. I believe a taller receiver would've grabbed it.

That's the biggest problem I have with Dante at WR. He's too small to throw to downfield. I have concerns about it affecting his return game (and health) too, but if he were a true weapon at WR then I'd be more open to using him there more. But he's not a downfield guy. If you can get him in space, on a bubble screen or a quick slant that he can use his elusiveness to break, that's OK. But I've never understood why they send him on regular WR routes.

He should be a No. 5 WR and used as an occasional gimmick. I'd rather have 4 "true" WRs playing ahead of him -- and that includes a FredEx or Pathon.

Chiefnj
09-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Were Boerigter and Wilson active for the game? I know Siavii wasn't.

jspchief
09-12-2005, 08:21 AM
Were Boerigter and Wilson active for the game? I know Siavii wasn't.Boe was not. Wilson was, and was in on a few plays I'm pretty sure.

Kylo Ren
09-12-2005, 08:22 AM
Where was Boerigter?

Sam
09-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Where was Boerigter?

He didn't suit up. They said they were concerned about Hall's nagging injuries so they suited up C.Horn just in case and sat Bo.

philfree
09-12-2005, 09:09 AM
I think Kris Wilson is like a fart in the wind. You hear he's there but there's never any proof.

Wilson was part of the blocking in the 3 TE set we had in when we scored the 1st TD. At this point we've used about 100th of the play book.

PhilFree:arrow:

Kyle401
09-12-2005, 09:26 AM
I was disappointed that Hall had to FC so many punts. I was hoping that he would get a chance to return one against the aussie, but that guy was kicking well... lots of hangtime.

ROYC75
09-12-2005, 09:28 AM
There was a play in the 2nd half -- I think a 3rd down -- where Green threw a bit high to Dante, who leaped and got a hand on the ball but couldn't haul it in. I believe a taller receiver would've grabbed it.

That's the biggest problem I have with Dante at WR. He's too small to throw to downfield. I have concerns about it affecting his return game (and health) too, but if he were a true weapon at WR then I'd be more open to using him there more. But he's not a downfield guy. If you can get him in space, on a bubble screen or a quick slant that he can use his elusiveness to break, that's OK. But I've never understood why they send him on regular WR routes.

He should be a No. 5 WR and used as an occasional gimmick. I'd rather have 4 "true" WRs playing ahead of him -- and that includes a FredEx or Pathon.

I agree ....... except when we play the Broncos. :D

NewChief
09-12-2005, 09:29 AM

Wow. I was about to make almost this exact post, right down to the mention of that "high" ball over the middle that Dante couldn't grab. He is way too small of a target to try to hit in traffic, imho. Like you said, slants or screens are fine, but putting him in a position where he might have to go up and fight a Dback for a ball is ludicrous.

Mr. Laz
09-12-2005, 09:29 AM
i'd like to have boerigter active :(

BigMeatballDave
09-12-2005, 09:36 AM
I'd say 2 plays is plenty for Hall. No more ****ing hand-offs to him, either...

penchief
09-12-2005, 10:15 AM
I know they feel he can break something big at any given moment so they have all the temptation to give him the ball... but I too feel he's too valuable to risk losing on kick-offs and punts to keep using him on offense.

I REALLY hated the hand-off to him early in the game. I was just praying he didn't get smashed. He's just a little guy after all.

I agree. He really has been ineffective as an offensive weapon. I hate all of those gimmicky plays. If they really wanted to get creative line him up in the backfield (former running back) and spread the field with wideouts then either pass it to him in the flats or pitch it to him. But my opinion is that LJ is even better in the open field than Dante.