PDA

View Full Version : Peter King praises Chiefs

HolmeZz
09-12-2005, 06:20 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cnnsi-saintsbelonginn&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

Chief Tidbits:

"Defensive Player of the Week

The entire Kansas City defense. With the exception of a 78-yard garbage-time touchdown drive by the Jets, the Chiefs threw a shutout at a good offensive team (though inevitably overrated because of the metropolitan area's Jetmania). Defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham has to love that speed."

-----------

"3. I think right behind New Orleans becoming America's Team, Kansas City's defense was the second best story of the week. Physical, tough and very, very fast."

-----------

"5. I think this is what I liked about Week 1:

e. Everything about Kansas City.

h. Gunther Cunningham's tears. Yes, they were there again, after his rejuvenated Chiefs' D played so well."

the Talking Can
09-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Damn....Hick's jaw must ache on Mondays....

KCFalcon59
09-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Damn....Hick's jaw must ache on Mondays....

ROFLROFLROFL

arrowhead20
09-12-2005, 11:13 PM
I gotta say though, Peter King is one of the most respected sports writers in the biz, who only drinks the Chiefs kool aid because he actually saw what we were doing in camp. other fag writers (Prisco) make assumptions about us and then pick a sexy offensive team like Chokeland. this is why i love flying under the radar. let the ignorant writers eat cake, because the next course is CROW.
BTW, another in-the-know, and industry wide respected journalist is John Clayton. who also visited River Falls. He and King are the only two drinking from the RED and GOLD pitcher. funny huh?

Dunit35
09-12-2005, 11:14 PM
peter king is such a badass

Hammock Parties
09-12-2005, 11:15 PM
http://www.zachishere.com/Pictures/Chiefs%20Pictures/2005/Vs%20Jets/167ep.jpg

jspchief
09-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Sorry, no dice.

He's brainless media hack any time he says something negative about the Chiefs. 90% of what he writes about KC is completely baseless and uninformed. I'm not going to give him any more credit just because I like what he has to say.

Peter King is a douche.

HolmeZz
09-12-2005, 11:18 PM
I gotta say though, Peter King is one of the most respected sports writers in the biz, who only drinks the Chiefs kool aid because he actually saw what we were doing in camp. other Rump Ranger writers (Prisco) make assumptions about us and then pick a sexy offensive team like Chokeland. this is why i love flying under the radar. let the ignorant writers eat cake, because the next course is CROW.
BTW, another in-the-know, and industry wide respected journalist is John Clayton. who also visited River Falls. He and King are the only two drinking from the RED and GOLD pitcher. funny huh?

Peter King picked Jake Plummer to be the NFL MVP last season.

Dunit35
09-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Sorry, no dice.

He's brainless media hack any time he says something negative about the Chiefs. 90% of what he writes about KC is completely baseless and uninformed. I'm not going to give him any more credit just because I like what he has to say.

Peter King is a douche.

most sports media doesnt even know the Chiefs exist except for when they are doing really bad or when they were 9-0 back in 03'.

jidar
09-12-2005, 11:21 PM
Peter King is a real matter-of-fact type of guy who tells it like he sees it. He's about as right as any writer ever is in this business.

jspchief
09-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Peter King is a real matter-of-fact type of guy who tells it like he sees it. He's about as right as any writer ever is in this business.He predicted Jake Plummer to win NFL MVP. Two years in a row!

jidar
09-12-2005, 11:31 PM
He predicted Jake Plummer to win NFL MVP. Two years in a row!

yeah, gets some wrong. who doesn't?

HolmeZz
09-12-2005, 11:34 PM
yeah, gets some wrong. who doesn't?

But he didn't learn from his mistake, and that's just being stubborn! ;)

jidar
09-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Heh.. yeah. That was a bonehead prediction.

Pants
09-13-2005, 02:06 AM
Peter King is a f*cking dumbass. The only writer I respect is Clayton, the rest are pretty much clueless and even a person as uninformed as me can see that, which makes it pretty sad.

Mecca
09-13-2005, 02:17 AM
Peter King, how many times did he talk about the greatness of the Patriots in that article? The guy might aswell be their beat writer, it's generally the only team he talks about.

huskerdooz
09-13-2005, 02:38 AM
Peter King picked Jake Plummer to be the NFL MVP last season.

MVP must mean Most Versatile Player. We all know that Jake is is ambidextrious

Mecca
09-13-2005, 04:19 AM
The best thing that ever happened with Peter King, was last year he went to do a story on the Ravens. He met up with Ozzie Newsome, the Ravens Gm, and Ozzie said this to him.

"You mean the Patriots actually let you come down here and write about another team?"

HemiEd
09-13-2005, 04:31 AM
Peter King is one of the most respected sports writers in the biz, who only drinks the Chiefs kool aid

This is the same guy who kept DT out of the hall of fame? He is usally very anti-Chiefs, IMO. I think he is just trying to jump on the band wagon early.

Kerberos
09-13-2005, 06:41 AM
Peter King is a f*cking dumbass. The only writer I respect is Clayton, the rest are pretty much clueless and even a person as uninformed as me can see that, which makes it pretty sad.

Sorry, no dice.

Peter King is a douche.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Both are correct in my book.

Peter King SUCKS AZZ

I don't really like him on Inside The NFL on HBO as a guest. He does have allot of inside information but it doesn't make him any less of a buttnugget.

:D

BigRedChief
09-13-2005, 07:21 AM
Chiefs' defense stands out.
By Eric Allen.
ESPN Insider.

The Kansas City Chiefs made some major moves in this offseason and if Week 1 was any indication, those moves paid off. The Chiefs and the Minnesota Vikings were the two teams that made major moves to balance out the difference between their explosive offenses and wayward defenses. The Chiefs have assimilated their new players seamlessly whereas the Vikings seem to have had more trouble.

Entering this week all eyes were on the Chiefs. For the past few seasons they've tinkered endlessly with the defense in terms of adding players, changing schemes, changing coordinators and drafting defensive players. This is supposed to be the season where it all comes together and results in a Super Bowl run or popular opinion states that the team should be blown up. After watching their Week 1 performance I think it's safe to say this team won't need any dynamite at the end of the season. The three biggest free-agent additions this past offseason were CB Patrick Surtain, S Sammy Knight and LB Kendrell Bell.

Surtain is in the prime of his career and because he is so good in man coverage he allows Chiefs defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham to be aggressive in his coverage schemes. He's one of the best cover corners in the league and he still has the ability to shut down one side of the field against some of the best receivers in the game. I played with Knight with the New Orleans Saints and came away from the experience impressed with his intelligence and ability to make big plays. Knight is always around the ball and forcing turnovers because he's smart and knows the tendencies of opposing teams through his film work. He's an excellent addition because he's able to quarterback the defensive backfield and will make plays. Finally the signing of Bell brings nastiness to the Chiefs and that's been sorely lacking over the past few seasons. A defense should send the message that they will knock opposing teams around and Bell embodies that message.

I had the pleasure of playing with a defense that intimidated opposing teams when I played for the Philadelphia Eagles. Opposing offenses knew we were going to knock the stuffing out of them. We weren't afraid to put our foot on an opposing team's neck. An offense is more likely to make mistakes when they know an opposing team will knock 'em out. The Chiefs didn't have that before because they didn't have a player who wasn't afraid to just let loose.

Now they have a guy like that and that makes a world of difference. The final piece of this puzzle was the fact that the Chiefs kept Cunningham after last season. That meant that the team was able to sign these three guys knowing where Cunningham wanted to play them and how he wanted to use them. It also helps in the game planning.

For instance, if a coordinator knows that in the third and fourth quarter of games that his team struggles with it's two-gap and doesn't get the push it needs, then he knows to call more blitzes. The combination of free agent signings and consistency in the staff could result in a Super Bowl run or at the very least a strong run at the AFC West title. Either way, we could see Chiefs' coach Dik Vermeil crying tears of joy at the end of the season because of his defense. Eric Allen played cornerback for 14 NFL seasons with the Eagles, Saints and Raiders. He's a regular contributor to Insider.