PDA

View Full Version : Rush was right. McNabb IS overrated.

RealSNR
09-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Here's a list of QBs I'd rather have on my team before McNabb:

1. Brady
2. Manning (Peyton)
3. Culpepper
4. Green

McNabb is not worth the hype.

tk13
09-12-2005, 09:07 PM
It is kind of funny how you say that then list maybe the four best QB's in the league though... if he's overrated you need to list some worse QB's that you'd rather have I think. :)

jspchief
09-12-2005, 09:08 PM
So he's the fifth best in the league? Still not bad.

leviw
09-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Kyle Boller, please

Raiderhater
09-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Marc Bulger

Hammock Parties
09-12-2005, 09:10 PM
"Donovan Mcnabb really threw a funny-looking pass."

- Madden

Deberg_1990
09-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Heres three more id rather have before McNabb:

Carson Palmer (The next great QB)
Jake Delhomme (Gritty never gives up)
Steve McNair (Still has a rocket arm, and of course very tough)

McNabb is just not very accurate IMO. Never has been.

DTLB58
09-12-2005, 09:17 PM
So your basing this off his play tonight?

Did you see Culpepper play yesterday?

McNabb was responsible for 34 touchdowns last year (31 passing and 3 rush) and took his team to the SB.

Your :bong: something dude

RealSNR
09-12-2005, 09:19 PM
It is kind of funny how you say that then list maybe the four best QB's in the league though... if he's overrated you need to list some worse QB's that you'd rather have I think. :)That's not good enough? The media gets in his pants and services him every god damn day. I don't see that with Trent Green or Culpepper.

But just to please you, I'll add on to the list.

5. Bulger
6. Favre
7. Leftwich
8. Delhomme
9. Hasselbeck
10. Brooks
11. Warner
12. Todd Collins
13. James Killian
14. JP Losman
15. Warren Moon
16. Johnny Unitas
17. Rex Grossman
18. Eli Manning
19. Todd Blackledge
20. NOW I'll take Donovan McNabb
21. Jake Plummer

There. You happy?

RealSNR
09-12-2005, 09:20 PM

McNabb was responsible for 34 touchdowns last year (31 passing and 3 rush) and took his team to the SB.

Your :bong: something dudeNo. Tonight's performance only reminds me how overrated he is

memyselfI

1. Brady
2. Manning (Peyton)
3. Culpepper
4. Green

In defense of McNabb, didn't he get injured early in the game?

leviw
That's not good enough? The media gets in his pants and services him every god damn day. I don't see that with Trent Green or Culpepper.

5. Bulger
6. Favre
7. Leftwich
8. Delhomme
9. Hasselbeck
10. Brooks
11. Warner
12. Todd Collins
13. James Killian
14. JP Losman
15. Warren Moon
16. Johnny Unitas
17. Rex Grossman
18. Eli Manning
19. Todd Blackledge
21. Jake Plummer

There. You happy?

No Damon Huard?

jspchief
09-12-2005, 09:29 PM
That's not good enough? The media gets in his pants and services him every god damn day. I don't see that with Trent Green or Culpepper.

There's more to it than just stats. He wins games, and more importantly he wins play-off games. Something that Green and Culpepper don't do.

It may have more to do with teammates than his actual QBing skills, but people tend to notice things like being a winner. That's why Brady is on your list in spite of stats that don't measure up.

Raiderhater
09-12-2005, 09:32 PM

5. Bulger
6. Favre
7. Leftwich
8. Delhomme
9. Hasselbeck
10. Brooks
11. Warner
12. Todd Collins
13. James Killian
14. JP Losman
15. Warren Moon
16. Johnny Unitas
17. Rex Grossman
18. Eli Manning
19. Todd Blackledge
21. Jake Plummer

There. You happy?

I was chuckling at this until you listed McNabb AFTER Blackledge.

Hammock Parties
09-12-2005, 09:33 PM
McFumblerewskiNabb!

Reaper16
09-12-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm pretty sure that Rush has never been right about anything.

jettio
09-12-2005, 09:39 PM

1. Brady
2. Manning (Peyton)
3. Culpepper
4. Green

What Rush Limbaugh said was that the "media" tried to create a star black QB.

Right before he went into pill popper camp, and ever since the Eagles have won their division and at least one playoff game every year.

You would have to be a lame brain to side up with a drug-crazed nitwit like that.

kcxiv
09-12-2005, 09:41 PM
yeah, 4 straight championship games, he sux! 102 passer rating he sux. 31td's 8 interceptions. 3800 yards yeah he is bad!

RealSNR
09-12-2005, 09:45 PM
What Rush Limbaugh said was that the "media" tried to create a star black QB.

Right before he went into pill popper camp, and ever since the Eagles have won their division and at least one playoff game every year.

You would have to be a lame brain to side up with a drug-crazed nitwit like that.Woah, I didn't bring politics into this. You did. I know you're a liberal and you hate Rush's guts. The only thing I said was that Rush said he was overrated, and that's true. Don't let your vagina get in the way.

Pitt Gorilla
09-12-2005, 09:45 PM
yeah, 4 straight championship games, he sux! 102 passer rating he sux. 31td's 8 interceptions. 3800 yards yeah he is bad!Honestly, stats aren't going to help this idiot.

Pitt Gorilla
09-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Woah, I didn't bring politics into this. You did. I know you're a liberal and you hate Rush's guts. The only thing I said was that Rush said he was overrated, and that's true. Don't let your vagina get in the way.In which ratings is he "over-rated?" QB rating? Winning percentage? Completion percentage? Seriously, show me the rating where he is over-rated or you are just full of sh!t.

RealSNR
09-12-2005, 09:47 PM
There's more to it than just stats. He wins games, and more importantly he wins play-off games. Something that Green and Culpepper don't do.

It may have more to do with teammates than his actual QBing skills, but people tend to notice things like being a winner. That's why Brady is on your list in spite of stats that don't measure up.Brady in 2004:

288/474 (60.8 comp. percentage) 3692 yds 28 TDs 14 INTs

He DOES have stats. Only thing that's down is his passing yardage, which means jack shit

kcxiv
09-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Honestly, stats aren't going to help this idiot.
how you figure? he has lead his team to 4 straight championship games. 1 superbowl. I would KILL to have that lol

Phobia
09-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Wow. McNabb threw for more yards than Manning and Green last year.

It's hard to agree that he's overrated. He's a top echelon QB in this league.

RealSNR
09-12-2005, 09:57 PM
In which ratings is he "over-rated?" QB rating? Winning percentage? Completion percentage? Seriously, show me the rating where he is over-rated or you are just full of sh!t.McNabb in 2004: 300/469 3875 yds 31 TDs 8 INTs

Impressive. He actually had a target to throw to this time.

Let's look pre-TO

275/478 3216 yds 16 TDs 11 INT

Less than stellar numbers.

Why did he win games before last year if he sucked? Why are Dilfer and Brad Johnson Super Bowl-winning QBs? Defense and coaching.

I must admit, I was not paying attention to last year. He did look good last year. But still, that's inexcusable for the past.

RealSNR
09-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Wow. McNabb threw for more yards than Manning and Green last year.

It's hard to agree that he's overrated. He's a top echelon QB in this league.Umm... no. Green and Manning both threw for over 4000 yards last season

Phobia
09-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Umm... no. Green and Manning both threw for over 4000 yards last season

I'm not even going to try to explain my mistake lest I get accused of sporting a funny white hat.

jspchief
09-12-2005, 10:14 PM
McNabb in 2004: 300/469 3875 yds 31 TDs 8 INTs

Let's look pre-TO

Why did he win games before last year if he sucked? Why are Dilfer and Brad Johnson Super Bowl-winning QBs? Defense and coaching.

I must admit, I was not paying attention to last year. He did look good last year. But still, that's inexcusable for the past.McNabb has the best Attempts per INT ratio in the history of the NFL. Pretty inexcusable that he takes better care of the ball than any other QB. Ever.

The guy HAs an excellent TD to INT ratio, is probably the third best running QB in the league, and has led his team to 4 straight NFC championship games and 1 Superbowl, often carrying the offense on his shoulders.

This thread is stupid. If retard was a video game, you'd be the final boss.

RealSNR
09-12-2005, 10:14 PM
I'm not even going to try to explain my mistake lest I get accused of sporting a funny white hat.You evil SOB!
http://www.arts.usyd.edu.au/publications/philament/images/issue%205/Fig.3(a)_sinister%20mask%20(kkk).jpg

Pitt Gorilla
09-12-2005, 10:29 PM
McNabb in 2004: 300/469 3875 yds 31 TDs 8 INTs

Let's look pre-TO

I must admit, I was not paying attention to last year. He did look good last year. But still, that's inexcusable for the past.Heh. You have YET to produce a list on which he is "over-rated."

HolmeZz
09-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Rush said he was overrated because he was black, not cause he sucked. ;)

bobbything
09-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Philly's O-line is awful. McNabb was high and low on tons of passes because of pressure. Atlanta isn't a big defense. I saw Philly's center (I think that's who it was, #77) get burned about 100 times tonight.

This may really help us out in week 4.

Dave Lane
09-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Rush said he was overrated because he was black, not cause he sucked. ;)

No he said the media overhyped him because he was black way different.

Dave

No fan of Rush

Eleazar
09-12-2005, 10:33 PM
The past few years I think he's stepped it up quite a bit. The argument could have been made at the time but he has been living up to the hype the last 2 or 3 years.

Demonpenz
09-12-2005, 10:34 PM
The only time he won in the playoffs is when he had TO

HolmeZz
09-12-2005, 10:35 PM
No he said the media overhyped him because he was black way different.

Dave

No fan of Rush

It's not way different. That just explains WHY he thinks he's overrated(because the media wants a black QB to do well, according to him). It's the same principle. You can change the wording to make it sound whatever way you'd like.

Pitt Gorilla
09-12-2005, 10:36 PM
It's not way different. That just explains WHY he thinks he's overrated(because the media wants a black QB to do well, according to him). It's the same principle. You can change the wording to make it sound whatever way you'd like.
Can anyone produce a published list on which he is over-rated?

jspchief
09-12-2005, 10:37 PM
The only time he won in the playoffs is when he had TOReally? How did he get to 4 straight NFC championship games then? I didn't realize you could get a bye all the way to the championship game.

Besides, so what? He can't do it by himself. Culpepper couldn't win in the play-offs with Moss. Green couldn't win in the play-offs with Priest and Gonzo.

carlos3652
09-12-2005, 10:39 PM
how you figure? he has lead his team to 4 straight championship games. 1 superbowl. I would KILL to have that lol

ROFL, and has not won 1 SB... If this was the Chiefs... You would have mass killings on the streets of KC...

You know how frustrating it is to get that far and come up with 0...

It is frustrating enough not being able to win a PO game in 10 years...

Demonpenz
Really? How did he get to 4 straight NFC championship games then? I didn't realize you could get a bye all the way to the championship game.

Besides, so what? He can't do it by himself. Culpepper couldn't win in the play-offs with Moss. Green couldn't win in the play-offs with Priest and Gonzo.

*picture of fish being hooked* He got to the superbowl even when owens was hurt

jidar
pffftt... Seriously. 5th is probably about where Mcnabb should be, that's not overrated.

And anyway, you're bagging on him after one game?
Mcnabb had an awesome season last year. The guy is good.

Eleazar
09-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Really? How did he get to 4 straight NFC championship games then? I didn't realize you could get a bye all the way to the championship game.

Probably the same line of thought about Manning not being able to win a big game until '03. As if he was the one holding his team back.

jspchief
09-12-2005, 10:50 PM
*picture of fish being hooked* He got to the superbowl even when owens was hurtI thought of that after I posted. Then I wondered if maybe you were just f*cking around with your initial post. But then I just told my self that it's possible that you are really that dumb. :p

morphius
09-12-2005, 10:52 PM
I thought he was over rated till last season. He still isn't as consistent as one would hope, 'cause he seems to have at least a couple games like tonight were he just stinks up the joint. But damn, did you see Culpeper play yesterday, that was a nasty turd of an effort as well, but somehow he ranks higher?

Does McNabb always hop around like that? Tonight he didn't seem willing to set his feet at all, which could explain his horrible passing.

jettio
09-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Woah, I didn't bring politics into this. You did. I know you're a liberal and you hate Rush's guts. The only thing I said was that Rush said he was overrated, and that's true. Don't let your vagina get in the way.

You said that Rush Limbaugh was right to say what he said.

What I posted was no more political than what you posted.

You can post whatever you want about any QB that happens to be Black and who has an amazing winning percentage and several playoff victories without mentioning the loudmouth Limbaugh.

If you can't file your own opinion about black QBs with high winning percentages without having to reference a drug addict whose schtick is politics you really ought to be a little less sensitive when somebody tells the truth to you.

Calcountry
09-13-2005, 10:28 AM

Your :bong: something dudeHe let the TO thing get in his head.

Rush couldn't bring him down, but TO did.

kpic
09-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Ummm...bringing it back to reality, someone needs to post a thread on how overrated Vick is....

Pitt Gorilla
09-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Ummm...bringing it back to reality, someone needs to post a thread on how overrated Vick is....Which rating?

Amnorix
09-13-2005, 10:38 AM
I wasn't impressed either, but last year he became the first QB to post 30+ TDs with <10 INTs. That's pretty impressive.

IMHO he's definitely a top 10 QB, maybe top 5. He gets more exposure/love than he deserves, MAYBE, but he's nowhere near Vick in that category.

I agree that Culpepper is a better QB who gets less love.

Chiefnj
09-13-2005, 10:40 AM
I was going to read through this entire thread, but decided that it was just too retarded and my time would be better spent sending neg rep.

Mecca
09-13-2005, 10:43 AM
I wasn't impressed either, but last year he became the first QB to post 30+ TDs with <10 INTs. That's pretty impressive.

IMHO he's definitely a top 10 QB, maybe top 5. He gets more exposure/love than he deserves, MAYBE, but he's nowhere near Vick in that category.

I agree that Culpepper is a better QB who gets less love.

Well, I was one of those people who didn't think Culpepper needed Moss after Sunday I might be changing my mind. He really looked lost out there, like he didn't know who to go to when he needed a play. Looks like he's gonna miss Moss more than alot of us were thinking.........

kpic
09-13-2005, 10:44 AM
Which rating?

Re: Vick.....
As Amnorix stated the "more exposure/love than he deserves" rating

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2005, 10:51 AM
If you want to talk about a QB that is overrated, talk about Vick. I think he is horribly overrated. He's dumb as sh!t, can't read a D, can't throw the ball accurately consistantly to save his life. If he didn't have a strong arm he'd be a RB.

But he does win, and that's all that matters. As a player, he is overrated, the Falcons just have a TEAM to back him up.

Pitt Gorilla
09-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Re: Vick.....
As Amnorix stated the "more exposure/love than he deserves" rating
How are you gauging his "exposure/love?" How much does he "deserve?" Should exposure vary directly with kpic's perception of ability?

kpic
09-13-2005, 11:08 AM
How are you gauging his "exposure/love?" How much does he "deserve?" Should exposure vary directly with kpic's perception of ability?

From the "easy way to do things category....." see Vanilla Thunder's post just above yours

Pitt Gorilla
09-13-2005, 12:07 PM
From the "easy way to do things category....." see Vanilla Thunder's post just above yoursOnce again, my question is not being answered. You don't answer a question of how by restating the hypothesis. How about a little evidence in an effort to answer the question?

jettio
09-13-2005, 12:27 PM
If you want to talk about a QB that is overrated, talk about Vick. I think he is horribly overrated. He's dumb as sh!t, can't read a D, can't throw the ball accurately consistantly to save his life. If he didn't have a strong arm he'd be a RB.

But he does win, and that's all that matters. As a player, he is overrated, the Falcons just have a TEAM to back him up.

Yeah a TEAM that goes tits up when he is injured and is a playoff winner the two years that he is a healthy starter.

His college TEAM never made it to the national championship game until his first year as a starter.

The Falcons won a couple games last year with last minute drives engineered by Vick, passes and runs.

Peyton Manning has never been to or won a Super Bowl, and he has not won playoff games at the pace of Vick or McNabb.

Vick has a playoff victory for each year as a starter. McNabb probably averages more than that.

Manning has 3 playoff victories total and has been in the league longer than both Vick and McNabb.

kpic
09-13-2005, 12:30 PM
Once again, my question is not being answered. You don't answer a question of how by restating the hypothesis. How about a little evidence in an effort to answer the question?

That’s because I am in politics, it’s the only way I know how to answer a question.........Nothing to see here, move on….....

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2005, 12:30 PM
Kill whitey!!!

Fixed your post for you. ROFL

jspchief
09-13-2005, 12:35 PM
Al Michaels just called Vick the Michael Jordan of the NFL.

You don't think that's over-rating him a bit?

morphius
09-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Yeah a TEAM that goes tits up when he is injured and is a playoff winner the two years that he is a healthy starter.

His college TEAM never made it to the national championship game until his first year as a starter.

The Falcons won a couple games last year with last minute drives engineered by Vick, passes and runs.

Peyton Manning has never been to or won a Super Bowl, and he has not won playoff games at the pace of Vick or McNabb.

Vick has a playoff victory for each year as a starter. McNabb probably averages more than that.

Manning has 3 playoff victories total and has been in the league longer than both Vick and McNabb.
The AFC has been better for years as well, not really a fair comparison to Manning, and Manning has never had the D that either of those QB's have.

Vick is a great athlete, just not a great QB.

jettio
09-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Fixed your post for you. ROFL

Thanks. ROFL

I have decided to adopt your style.

If you want to talk about a Chiefs Planet Poster that is overrated, talk about Vanilla Thunder. I think he is horribly overrated. He's dumb as sh!t, can't read a W-L Record, can't throw smack accurately consistantly to save his life. If he didn't have a strong stench he'd be a potted plant at the keyboard.

But he does posts into threads populated by winners, and that's all that matters. As a poster, he is overrated, the Planet just has a TEAM to back his azz up, and that is what they do.

RealSNR
09-13-2005, 08:05 PM

Manning has 3 playoff victories total and has been in the league longer than both Vick and McNabb.Does the fact that Trent Green doesn't have a single playoff win in his career make him a bad QB?

Does the fact that Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson have SB rings make them better than McNabb, Manning, AND Vick?

Basing a QB's talent on how well his team does in the playoffs is stupid.

MyChiefConcern
09-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Vick is a great athlete, just not a great QB.

Not yet, but there were some things in that game last night that made me think he could be.

He still just looks uncomfortable lining up under center, though.