PDA

View Full Version : KC Star: Chiefs to work out kicker, 3 others today

tk13
09-13-2005, 01:14 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/12629262.htm

Chiefs to take a look at another kicker today

The Kansas City Star

Lawrence Tynes finally has some competition.

Kicker Todd France was among four free agents scheduled to work out for the Chiefs today. France has gone to training camps with the Vikings, Giants and, this year, the Buccaneers but has never made a regular-season roster. France was the All-NFL Europe kicker this year after making 24 of 34 field goal attempts for Hamburg.

Tynes made two field goal attempts against the Jets but also missed a 32-yard try.

Offensive lineman Tyson Walter, fullback Joey Goodspeed and defensive lineman Alan Harper were also scheduled to work out. Walter played the last three seasons for the Cowboys, making nine starts.

Goodspeed made nine starts over the last two seasons for the Rams. Harper played the last three seasons for the Jets.

— Adam Teicher/The Star

Mecca
09-13-2005, 01:20 AM
Ah looks like the Chiefs are expecting Richardson to miss a few games with bringing Goodspeed in here. Coming from the Rams, that would probably be a pretty good move if we need a FB for a few games.

From what I've seen Todd France isn't that bad he could probably be as good as Tynes, I also see that as a pretty good move.

Why the hell aren't we working out any DT's? Looks like we're gonna be needing one of those pretty quickly.

I know we worked out Jerome Pathon last week, that would be a good signing, he's been a reliable 3rd reciever for many years now.

chop
09-13-2005, 01:26 AM
I mentioned France here a week or so ago. He didn't miss a field goal all preseason for the Buccaneers.

tk13
09-13-2005, 01:27 AM
Alan Harper is a DT. 6'1", 285... listed as a DT on all the website profiles though, nfl.com/espn.com/etc....

Mecca
09-13-2005, 01:29 AM
285 is small for a DT, we need a big DT. They should be having Davis and Hunt visit pronto.............

tk13
09-13-2005, 01:34 AM
I guess he was a 4th round pick for the Jets out of Fresno State in 2002. Didn't really see much action as a Jet though, played in 11 games last year and that's pretty much it. Reading his draft profile from a few years back, makes him sound like a talented guy. Had a very successful college career.

Senior defensive tackle who has proven to be one of college football's premier defensive players … Called a "Warrior" by his coaches, he was awarded the most inspirational award last year by his teammates … A pass rusher who defends the run very well, he is very quick off the ball … Moved into the starting lineup early in his freshman season, finishing his career with 233 tackles (126 solos), 21 sacks for minus-132 yards and 54 stops for losses of 211 yards … Only Jethro Franklin (31.5, 1986-87) and Ron Cox (50, 1987-89) had more sacks in a career for the Bulldogs … Also caused and recovered three fumbles … The three-time All-Western Athletic Conference choice started 45 of 50 games he played in at Fresno State.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profiles/harper_alan.htm

Hammock Parties
09-13-2005, 01:38 AM
tk...there's another article

Wallcrawler
09-13-2005, 01:41 AM
Losing Robert Holcombe in the pre-season is really stinging right about now.

I saw on Total Access, Jerome Pathon is all but a lock to sign with the Green Bay Packers due to the loss of Javon Walker for the year. Apparently Pathon failed to impress the Chiefs enough for him to be offered a contract, and with the rumors of Freddie Mitchell possibly coming back after the knee surgery.

Defensive tackle is a big problem for us with Sims out 1-2 months. Guy cant buy a break. Dislocated/broken elbow in his rookie year sets him back, and then just when it looks like he's FINALLY getting it, something like this happens. Sucks. The Chiefs really need to be looking at bringing some help in at that spot, or Gun needs to work a bit more of those 3-4 schemes into the defense. It sure stifled Curtis Martin.

tk13
09-13-2005, 01:42 AM
tk...there's another article
I figured you or somebody else was gonna post that. I posted all the hard news, and I was torn between posting that and wishing FAX a happy birthday. I don't want four threads on the front page. :)