PDA

View Full Version : Jets leave KC bumped and bruised......not not all because of the Chiefs

cadmonkey
09-13-2005, 06:24 AM
Stumble, bumble and fumble in K.C. rout

BY RICH CIMINI
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Chad Pennington coughs up one of six fumbles, this one on hit by Chiefs safety Sammy Knight.
Priest Holmes and Chiefs jump all over Jet 'D' as running back celebrates TD with Jason Dunn.
KANSAS CITY - Jonathan Vilma walked to the team bus late yesterday with a going-away present from the Jets' 27-7 loss to the Chiefs.

Two presents, actually - an ice pack and a swollen upper lip. The latter came from a teammate's fist.

Things got so bad at Arrowhead Stadium, where the Jets suffered their most lopsided defeat in three years, that they started fighting each other instead of the Chiefs. According to an eyewitness, Vilma and James Reed engaged in a fiery bench altercation in which Reed took a swing at Vilma. It occurred in the third quarter, typifying an afternoon that went horribly wrong. "It was nothing, just a heated conversation, tempers flaring," Vilma said. "It was a little frustration, that's all it was. We're fine now."

Can the same be said for the Jets?

NOTE: Sorry there was no link where I got the article, I got it over at Patriotsplanet.

ROYC75
09-13-2005, 06:57 AM
Step right up,Come on boys, ride the Humble Jets. It's the newest, craziest game in town.

StcChief
09-13-2005, 07:27 AM
Good.

If thats what it takes that works for me.

I guess they missed the stats about first time QBs at Arrowhead.