PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson turns himself in on domestic abuse charge?

patteeu
09-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Scott Parks, Entercom news in KC (on 610 am) reports that Larry Johnson has been charged with 1 count of domestic assault. He's due in court later this month if I heard correctly. He turned himself in last night.

ChiTown
09-13-2005, 09:41 AM
WTF?

Come on, seriously?

Saulbadguy
09-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Thats it? He'll play.

BigRedChief
09-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Didn't he already get busted for this once before? Or is it the same thing?

patteeu
09-13-2005, 09:43 AM
It's true. Apparently his girlfriend saw him with another girl and a dispute arose. He was arrested last night after turning himself in.

Mecca
09-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Yea, I heard it to (my thread went up at the same time) apparently an ex- girlfriend saw him in a bar with his new girlfriend or something of that nature. There was some form of an incident he grabbed her arm. She went to the police later on Saturday as it occurred late Friday early Saturday. He turned himself in on Sunday night.

patteeu

This is a second incident.

BTW, when I said "It's true" in my previous post, I meant that it's true that 610 am is reporting it.

bkkcoh

I do believe that you are correct. Does that mean that he will be subject to the NFL behavior policy in which he will be suspended for an upcoming game. :hmmm:

morphius
09-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Yea, I heard it to (my thread went up at the same time) apparently an ex- girlfriend saw him in a bar with his new girlfriend or something of that nature. There was some form of an incident he grabbed her arm. She went to the police later on Saturday as it occurred late Friday early Saturday. He turned himself in on Sunday night.
Same psycho ex that lead to the first incident just trying to cause trouble by chance? I mean grabbing the arm? Seriously now...

Mecca
09-13-2005, 09:48 AM
Same psycho ex that lead to the first incident just trying to cause trouble by chance? I mean grabbing the arm? Seriously now...

That's exactly what I thought too. She's pissed he broke it off and now wants to "get back at him". So far it seems like pretty petty charges.

Redcoats58
09-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Am I just paranoid or does it seem that a string of bad things are starting to happen. I hope all this comes together soon and the injuries and off field activity will stop. :banghead:

dirk digler
09-13-2005, 09:49 AM
:banghead:

:cuss:

:mad:

morphius
09-13-2005, 09:50 AM
That's exactly what I thought too. She's pissed he broke it off and now wants to "get back at him". So far it seems like pretty petty charges.
Yeah, save the domestic abuse cases for the real abuse cases.

Taco John
09-13-2005, 09:50 AM
Did he pistol whip her this time? Or was that a one time deal?

jynni
09-13-2005, 09:52 AM
This is from the other thread but since this thread was longer I'll bring it over here.
I thought domestic violence indicated a family member at a residence. Wouldnt a bar 'arm grabbing' be assault or battery?
I was thinking the same thing.

I'm also thinking she's just trying to stir up Raiders

Brock
09-13-2005, 09:53 AM
Did he pistol whip her this time? Or was that a one time deal?

Ask Rod Smith.

jspchief
09-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Did he pistol whip her this time? Or was that a one time deal?He's never pistol whipped anyone. But don't let the facts get in the way of your lame attempts to troll.

How's the view from the bottom of the division?

Taco John
09-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Ask Rod Smith.

Nice try. Rod Smith has never been arrested for pistol whipping his women.

Mecca
09-13-2005, 09:57 AM
I bet he's thought about pistol whipping Jake Plummer a few times........

Brock
09-13-2005, 09:58 AM

Yeah, the fist is much easier on the face.

chagrin
09-13-2005, 09:58 AM
You know, I was noticing his running style reminded me of Lawrence Phillips...

patteeu
09-13-2005, 09:59 AM

Do the Denver cops look the other way on that sort of thing like they did with John Elway's drunken trips home from the downtown bars?

jspchief
09-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Nice try. Rod Smith has never been arrested for pistol whipping his women.Neither has LJ.

What does pistol whipping have to do with any of this?

tomahawk kid
09-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Y'know, sometimes it seems like this team can't catch a break.

This is fuggin great.

Bootlegged
09-13-2005, 10:05 AM
phuggin women.

Mecca
09-13-2005, 10:05 AM
phuggin women.

I 2nd that comment.

Radar Chief
09-13-2005, 10:06 AM

Hmm, apparently that’s what they have in common, neither one has “pistol whipped his woman”.
So that would make Brock correct now wouldn’t it. :hmmm:

the Talking Can
09-13-2005, 10:11 AM
damn, we're the Raiders...

Taco John
09-13-2005, 10:11 AM
He's never pistol whipped anyone.

My bad. I thought he hit her. I went back and checked and he only pulled it on her... "only"

dirk digler
09-13-2005, 10:14 AM
LJ's first arrest:

Posted on Fri, Dec. 05, 2003
Larry Johnson arrested in domestic abuse case
By TONY RIZZO
Kansas City Star

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The Kansas City Chiefs voiced their support for running back Larry Johnson on Friday after domestic violence charges were filed against him.

Johnson, the Chiefs' first-round draft pick this year, was arrested early Friday at his south Leawood home. He is accused of slapping his girlfriend in the face and threatening her with a handgun during an argument at his home. The 22-year-old woman, who lives in Pennsylvania, called police from a neighbor's yard shortly after 1 a.m. Friday.

Prosecutors charged Johnson, 24, with a felony count of aggravated assault and a misdemeanor charge of battery. Defense attorney Kevin Regan represented Johnson at his initial court appearance later Friday and entered not-guilty pleas on his behalf.

General manager Carl Peterson expressed disappointment in hearing the news of the charges but said the team would wait to get all the facts before taking any action.

``Knowing the head coach, he always considers someone innocent until proven guilty," Peterson said.

Indeed, coach Dick Vermeil expressed confidence in a favorable resolution and said he hadn't ruled out Johnson for this weekend's game in Denver.

``I kind of believe he will be there, but I don't know, guys," he said. ``I know very little more than you do. I've been told his side of it, and I believe him....

``(I) always believe the player. You know him so well. I always go on that side."

Regan said he would apply for the district attorney's diversion program, which is a probation-like agreement. If Johnson successfully completes the program, the charges would be dismissed.

``We vehemently deny that he threatened her or touched her in any way, shape or form," Regan said after the hearing.

Police recovered a handgun, but Regan said it is legally owned by Johnson and was not loaded.

In arguing for a personal-recognizance bond, Regan said Johnson once had to call police to his home in Pennsylvania because of the woman. He said Johnson has no criminal record, is a homeowner and has performed volunteer work for area charities.

``He's been a good citizen," Regan said after the hearing. ``He's a good kid."

Assistant District Attorney Brian Lipford asked for a $5,000 bond, and Magistrate Judge James Phelan complied. The judge set several bond conditions, including no contact with the alleged victim, no use of alcohol and drugs and no possession of firearms.

Johnson's next court hearing was scheduled for Jan. 7. Regan hopes to know by then whether the diversion will be granted .

Meanwhile, it appears Johnson will be met with open arms by many of his teammates.

``He's come into this group and to this team, and he's fit very well," said fullback Tony Richardson. ``He's definitely going to need our support. He's going to be asking for it. That's the type of team we have. We're a close-knit group. It's a big family around here."

Taco John
09-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Yeah, the fist is much easier on the face.

To my knowledge he didn't hit her. I had heard he threw something against the wall in anger and the neighbors called the cops. Stupid for sure, but that was what... ten years ago?

Larry Johnson got busted for the same thing recently...

Mecca
09-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Some guy is calling Petros show claiming to be a bouncer where this happened......

Mecca
09-13-2005, 10:17 AM
He says that Larry stepped in and intervened from the 2 women fighting and they "bumped heads". Then Larry looked for their help to get him out of there to not be part of the incident.

dirk digler
09-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Johnson won't face charge
Chiefs running back will get diversion
By NICK KOWALCZYK
The Kansas City Star

Chiefs running back Larry Johnson will enter Johnson County's domestic violence diversion program instead of facing criminal charges, District Attorney Paul Morrison said Wednesday.

Johnson, 24, was charged late last year with aggravated assault, a felony, and misdemeanor domestic battery after an incident involving a woman at his house in Leawood.

He was accused of slapping the woman in the face and threatening her with a handgun during an argument.

Johnson was scheduled to appear Wednesday in Johnson County District Court, but the appearance was waived after Morrison agreed to let Johnson into the probationlike program.

It allows first-time offenders to get charges dismissed if they avoid trouble and complete other requirements.

Johnson's attorney, Kevin E.J. Regan, said Johnson must receive anger-control counseling and complete 120 hours of community service. He also must stay out of trouble for two years.

“We are grateful for the granting of Larry's diversion — he is a great young man and he'll make the best of it,” Regan said.

Morrison said Johnson must complete almost four times the amount of community service as other offenders in the program because his case included an aggravated assault charge.

Regan said Johnson is expected to provide community service to the Kansas City Crime Commission's inner-city programs and the Derrick Thomas Third and Long Foundation, among others.

dirk digler
09-13-2005, 10:19 AM
He says that Larry stepped in and intervened from the 2 women fighting and they "bumped heads". Then Larry looked for their help to get him out of there to not be part of the incident.

Good job by LJ. I am curious if that is the same woman he has had problems with before.

Brock
To my knowledge he didn't hit her. I had heard he threw something against the wall in anger and the neighbors called the cops. Stupid for sure, but that was what... ten years ago?

Larry Johnson got busted for the same thing recently...

An affidavit filed in Douglas County District Court alleges Smith choked, beat and shoved 27-year-old Jami Mourglia during an argument Wednesday at their home in Parker southeast of Denver.

Yeah.....right. You are out of touch with reality....again. But at least it was 10...errrr...5 years ago. :rolleyes:

Bootlegged
If this caller is believable, doesn't sound like a big deal. Just broke up a catfight, they bumped heads and that was it.

jynni
09-13-2005, 10:20 AM
Why am I reminded of the ex-girlfriend in the "Friday" movies? Is that the name? I think Ice Cube was in them.

R&GHomer
09-13-2005, 10:21 AM
If that's the same woman he had problems with before he needs to get a restraining order against her stupid azz. Sheesh....

morphius
09-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Why am I reminded of the ex-girlfriend in the "Friday" movies? Is that the name? I think Ice Cube was in them.
I'm reminded of Phob's ex for some reason...

Mecca
09-13-2005, 10:23 AM
If this caller is believable, doesn't sound like a big deal. Just broke up a catfight, they bumped heads and that was it.

It's not a big deal unless you the ex-girlfriend of a NFL football player who got dumped for another hot chick. Now you're off the gravy train and are looking to create problems.............

The guy on the radio made it sound like Larrys ex simply looking to start trouble. Larry doing nothing that a normal man wouldn't do, and then being arrested for it.

Damn vindictive bitches.......

Wile_E_Coyote
09-13-2005, 10:23 AM

they walked Larry to his car & he left. Sounds like he did everything he should have

Calcountry
09-13-2005, 10:24 AM
Yea, I heard it to (my thread went up at the same time) apparently an ex- girlfriend saw him in a bar with his new girlfriend or something of that nature. There was some form of an incident he grabbed her arm. She went to the police later on Saturday as it occurred late Friday early Saturday. He turned himself in on Sunday night.A guy has to have an attourney go to the bar with him, and have all potential C##ts sign a "hold harmless" agreement before they can touch the Johnson.

:shake:

Calcountry
09-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Same psycho ex that lead to the first incident just trying to cause trouble by chance? I mean grabbing the arm? Seriously now...I would start him, and tell him that the other team is that bitch.

NewChief
09-13-2005, 10:26 AM
It's not a big deal unless you the ex-girlfriend of a NFL football player who got dumped for another hot chick. Now you're off the gravy train and are looking to create problems.............

The guy on the radio made it sound like Larrys ex simply looking to start trouble. Larry doing nothing that a normal man wouldn't do, and then being arrested for it.

Damn vindictive bitches.......

At what point can she get in trouble for filing a false report or something? Any lawyers or law enforcement know what the deal is?

Coach
09-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Well, I hope this guy who called, and was claiming that he was the bouncer there, backs his comments when Larry needs it.

jynni
09-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Depending on the outcome of this (and what really happened) can they arrest her for making a false report?

Can Larry sue her?

He does at least need to get a restraining order.

ChiTown
My bad. I thought he hit her. I went back and checked and he only pulled it on her... "only"

Wait a sec, did he actually threaten her with a gun? You say that he "pulled it on her". Was that proven?

Mecca
At what point can she get in trouble for filing a false report or something? Any lawyers or law enforcement know what the deal is?

Well if they do an investigation and everyone else has this exact same story. I think it would then be possible, I'm not sure about the whole "does she have marks on her as evidence" since well you can have bruises from other things.

But yea if what the guy on Petros said is true, and they investigate she could very well be charged with filing a false report.

R&GHomer
09-13-2005, 10:31 AM
I wonder if the ex put her hands on the new model. If so, I'd have the new girl friend press charges on her azz.

TEX
09-13-2005, 10:37 AM
The whole thing sounds like it all has to do with jealousy. If not true than she needs to have cherges pressed against her if possible.

Phobia
09-13-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm reminded of Phob's ex for some reason...

No shit. This sounds exactly like the crazy woman I married. This shit can happen to ANYBODY, fwiw. You don't have to be rich and famous. The way the domestic laws are structured in this country, the woman is always favored. Forget about innocent until proven guilty. In questions of man on woman battery, the man is guilty until proven innocent.

Fat Elvis
09-13-2005, 10:44 AM
I would start him, and tell him that the other team is that bitch.

ROFL

Iowanian
09-13-2005, 10:47 AM
we should chip in and give one of the local gals some cash to give that biatch a propah Scratchin'.

Rausch
09-13-2005, 10:48 AM
I guess the Jets really were pissed at him...

bkkcoh
09-13-2005, 10:49 AM
A guy has to have an attourney go to the bar with him, and have all potential C##ts sign a "hold harmless" agreement before they can touch the Johnson.

Nope, need one of those eye glass frame video recorders...... that is the ticket... :clap:

Calcountry
09-13-2005, 10:51 AM
ROFLIt worked for Bobby Bouchet.

Don't you be talkin bout my mama.

Demonpenz
09-13-2005, 11:03 AM
"during the scuffle one girl proclaimed, your taking too many touches away from priest!"

go bo
09-13-2005, 01:07 PM
At what point can she get in trouble for filing a false report or something? Any lawyers or law enforcement know what the deal is?this is not a "legal opinion" but my general feeling is that nothing would ever come of it in this case...

an incident of some kind did occur and it would very hard to prove that the accuser didn't believe what she was saying...

it's not enough that different people recall different details of the incident, even if all the other testimony goes against her, to prosecute for filing a false report (although the likelihood of obtaining a conviction of the alleged assailant is just about nil under those circumstances)...

this is, of course, my personal opinion and not necessarily an accurate statement of the law and/or customary practices of prosecutors...

but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night... :D :D :D

go bo
09-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Well if they do an investigation and everyone else has this exact same story. I think it would then be possible, I'm not sure about the whole "does she have marks on her as evidence" since well you can have bruises from other things.

But yea if what the guy on Petros said is true, and they investigate she could very well be charged with filing a false report.no...

almost anything is "possible" in theory; the police can arrest anybody they want and the prosecutor can file charges against anybody for whatever reason it chooses, but a court would just throw it out if it is contrary to existing law...

as a practical matter, it is highly unlikely that the woman would be charged with filing a false report and it is almost certain that a prosecutor would not purse this case if she was arrested...

go bo
09-13-2005, 01:17 PM
I wonder if the ex put her hands on the new model. If so, I'd have the new girl friend press charges on her azz.that might not be a bad idea, strategically speaking...

go bo
09-13-2005, 01:25 PM
No shit. This sounds exactly like the crazy woman I married. This shit can happen to ANYBODY, fwiw. You don't have to be rich and famous. The way the domestic laws are structured in this country, the woman is always favored. Forget about innocent until proven guilty. In questions of man on woman battery, the man is guilty until proven innocent.as far as being arrested when there is any physical evidence of abuse (bleeding, bruised, etc.), i think you're right...

even in being charged by the prosecutor, it is, in my personal opinion, stacked against the alleged assailant in many states...

but once you get to court, the presumption of innocence is still the starting point...

if a person doesn't plead guilty, when the case comes to trial (before a judge or a jury), the state still has to prove the elements of the crime beyond a reasonable doubt...

btw, you're absolutely right about crazy ex-wives...

they can cause you lots of grief, beyond just being a general all-around pain in the ass...

go bo
09-13-2005, 01:30 PM
we should chip in and give one of the local gals some cash to give that biatch a propah Scratchin'.hmmmmm... :harumph:

i vote for chiefs4me...

she has the right attitude for the job... :D :D :D

my next vote would be for duhneese...

she could torment the woman for the rest of her life with oooopsies, and bush is da debil threads...

after that, i'd vote for otter or the bad guy...

they live out in pa and the broad lives there, according to the article...

alanm
09-13-2005, 01:36 PM
How can it be a domestic abuse charge when it didn't happen at home? It was at a bar. I could see where this might apply to someone like EndDelt perhaps. ROFL

alanm
09-13-2005, 01:42 PM
A guy has to have an attourney go to the bar with him, and have all potential C##ts sign a "hold harmless" agreement before they can touch the Johnson.

ROFL :LOL: ROFL

greg63
09-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Am I just paranoid or does it seem that a string of bad things are starting to happen. I hope all this comes together soon and the injuries and off field activity will stop. :banghead:

I'm, hoping that we get all such things out of the way now so that the rest of the season the team can concentrate on other less important things like, oh say, FOOTBALL! :banghead:

jspchief
09-13-2005, 01:53 PM
How can it be a domestic abuse charge when it didn't happen at home? It was at a bar. I could see where this might apply to someone like EndDelt perhaps. ROFLIt isn't a domestic assualt charge. It's just plain old assault.

chiefs4me
09-13-2005, 04:16 PM
hmmmmm... :harumph:

i vote for chiefs4me...

she has the right attitude for the job... :D :D :D

my next vote would be for duhneese...

she could torment the woman for the rest of her life with oooopsies, and bush is da debil threads...

after that, i'd vote for otter or the bad guy...

they live out in pa and the broad lives there, according to the article...

I'm game....:p

on a serious note, I had no clue you could be arrested just for grabbing someones arm...:shake:

Imon Yourside
09-13-2005, 04:23 PM

on a serious note, I had no clue you could be arrested just for grabbing someones arm...:shake:

You can be arrested for pulling someones finger so next time your in a bar and a guy says pull my finger DON'T DO IT! :p

Taco John
09-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Wait a sec, did he actually threaten her with a gun? You say that he "pulled it on her". Was that proven?

It's what he was arrested for. I don't know how you prove someone pulled a gun on someone else.

chiefs4me
09-13-2005, 04:34 PM
You can be arrested for pulling someones finger so next time your in a bar and a guy says pull my finger DON'T DO IT! :p

ROFL......then it's a good thing I don't go to bars..;)

OmahaChief
09-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Johnson is nothing more then anyone of these other thugs with anger problems. The only difference is some of you try to make excuses for him since he wears a Chiefs uni. If he were a Bronco, Raider, pick your hated college team, most of you would be blasting this kid.

Bottom line is Johnson appears to have some anger issues he really needs to work out. It really is too bad he can not control himself in a manner that he does not feel the need to abuse women. The next thing you know he will be throwing him down the steps. Maybe he is the next LP, that's Lawerence Phillips.

If what the story says is true (and who really knows if it is) LJ had zero right to ask the bouncer to throw her out and had even less right to grab her and if true pushing her back causing her to fall (probably not intentionally) well that is terrible in my book. Guy needs to check himself. It's too bad he looks like a beast on the field, I just hope he does not become one off the field. So much for all that maturing I keep hearing he did.

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2005, 05:05 PM
Larry can run that rock like the dickens; I don't care if his personal theme song is Whoop That Trick!

chiefs4me
09-13-2005, 06:58 PM
Johnson is nothing more then anyone of these other thugs with anger problems. The only difference is some of you try to make excuses for him since he wears a Chiefs uni. If he were a Bronco, Raider, pick your hated college team, most of you would be blasting this kid.

Bottom line is Johnson appears to have some anger issues he really needs to work out. It really is too bad he can not control himself in a manner that he does not feel the need to abuse women. The next thing you know he will be throwing him down the steps. Maybe he is the next LP, that's Lawerence Phillips.

If what the story says is true (and who really knows if it is) LJ had zero right to ask the bouncer to throw her out and had even less right to grab her and if true pushing her back causing her to fall (probably not intentionally) well that is terrible in my book. Guy needs to check himself. It's too bad he looks like a beast on the field, I just hope he does not become one off the field. So much for all that maturing I keep hearing he did.

I am not excusing anything he might of done, but I would like to know what you mean by the line....(to bad he looks like a beast on the field). Just what exactly do you mean by that?

Bob Dole
09-13-2005, 07:34 PM
as a practical matter, it is highly unlikely that the woman would be charged with filing a false report and it is almost certain that a prosecutor would not purse this case if she was arrested...

Rich Scanlon is the prosecuting attorney?

OmahaChief
09-13-2005, 09:35 PM
I am not excusing anything he might of done, but I would like to know what you mean by the line....(to bad he looks like a beast on the field). Just what exactly do you mean by that?

It means that it is too bad that he looks like such a player on the field but he keeps having issues off of it. I would hate to see a talent wasted due to a bad temper.

headsnap
09-13-2005, 09:41 PM
at this point I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt...

Skip Towne
09-13-2005, 09:43 PM

An attorney told me one time that assault is telling someone you are going to kick their ass. Battery is doing it.