PDA

View Full Version : FFL help please

ArrowheadHawk
09-13-2005, 01:05 PM
who should i start

T. Green or B. Rothlisberger

Kyle401
09-13-2005, 01:15 PM
Green against the Raider D or Roth against the Houston D... well let's see.

Considerations:

Q: Who is the better QB?

A: Green

Q: Who is likely to need to put up points?

A: Green - The Raider O will score some on our D especially if Surtain doesn't play. We will likely need 20+ to win this game. After the display that the Houston offense had against BUF, it is not out of the realm of possibility for the Steelers to win with 10 points. If the Steeler D is holding off the Texans, Cowher will run W. Parker into the ground (Willie Parker is a very strong play this week).

Q: Who is facing a the better D?

A: Rothelisburger - The Texans D is not great, but the Raiders D is atrocious.

KCTitus
09-13-2005, 01:20 PM
If week 1 was any indication, Green's fantasy numbers might suffer if Holmes and LJ are running roughshod all over the other team. Also, if KC starts building leads, they will go conservative and not push downfield as much.

I would go with Rothlisberger.

I hate to say it, but I'm starting Collins this week against KC...really hate making those kind of decisions.

schneider221
09-13-2005, 01:31 PM
and im strongly considering starting both priest and LJ in my league

Kyle401
09-13-2005, 01:42 PM
If week 1 was any indication, Green's fantasy numbers might suffer if Holmes and LJ are running roughshod all over the other team. Also, if KC starts building leads, they will go conservative and not push downfield as much.

I would go with Rothlisberger.

I hate to say it, but I'm starting Collins this week against KC...really hate making those kind of decisions.

This makes no sense. You say Green is a bad play because the KC offense will be conservative after they get a lead, but you are planning to start Collins indicating that you think he (and the Raider offense) will have a good game.

If you want to see a conservative offense, look no further than the Steelers.

KCTitus
09-13-2005, 01:56 PM
This makes no sense. You say Green is a bad play because the KC offense will be conservative after they get a lead, but you are planning to start Collins indicating that you think he (and the Raider offense) will have a good game.

If you want to see a conservative offense, look no further than the Steelers.

Yes, it makes no sense in the real world, but in the 'fantasy' world it makes sense.

It's all about matchups...if KC gets a big lead, they will run more and pass less. If that happens, Oakland will pass more and run less--it's good for me fantasy wise. Oakland's money is on Moss and the only way he gets the ball is with Collins throwing to him.

As for the Steelers, again, it's all about HOW the points are scored.

Pitt won 34-7, Ben got 16 FP's.
KC won 27-7, Green got 2 FP's.

Similar outcomes, dramatically different results fantasy wise.

jspchief
09-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Start Green. He's been a top 5 fantasy QB for the last 3 years. He should be an automatic start every week but the bye.

foxman
09-13-2005, 02:09 PM
He should be an automatic start

SHOULD being the operative word. What KCTitus said does have merit. I had Green last year and overall it was a very good year, but at times the running game killed his performance.

IF the Chiefs establish a big lead then he will esentially be a non factor. Of course this has all the makings of a shoot out and you have to start Green with a Shootout type of potential. Lets face facts, our defense for all it did last week, may or may not be that good...we simply do not know yet. On the road at night in Oakland....yeah we could be involved in a shootout.

Big Ben on the other hand will be using the ultra conservative offense again this week.

Kyle401
09-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Yes, it makes no sense in the real world, but in the 'fantasy' world it makes sense.

It's all about matchups...if KC gets a big lead, they will run more and pass less. If that happens, Oakland will pass more and run less--it's good for me fantasy wise. Oakland's money is on Moss and the only way he gets the ball is with Collins throwing to him.

As for the Steelers, again, it's all about HOW the points are scored.

Pitt won 34-7, Ben got 16 FP's.
KC won 27-7, Green got 2 FP's.

Similar outcomes, dramatically different results fantasy wise.

I still think Green is the better fantasy play. The major difference in the scoring of Green and Roethlisburger last week were the 2 TD's that Roeth threw vs. none from Green. Roeth only had 11 pass attempts last week but managed just over 200 yards and 2 tds. That is not going to happen every week. The KC offense only scored 3 TD's against the Jets (partially because of a conservative game plan and partially because the Jets have a good D). Green & Co. should put 4-5 in the endzone against the RAIDers. The odds are pretty good that Green tosses at least 1.

Green has been a fantasy stud for several years while Roeth was barely good for a bye week fill in last year. 1 week does not a trend make. I would start Green over Roeth unless the matchup is strongly in Roeth's favor (i.e. KC v. BAL, PIT v. ARI etc.).