Red Dawg
09-14-2005, 07:05 AM
Damn! http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

Saulbadguy
09-14-2005, 07:07 AM
The Saints at at 7? Yeah. :rolleyes:

donkhater
09-14-2005, 07:11 AM
Without even looking I knew he put Jacksonville and Indy in the top five. I wasn't far off.

The guy lives in Jacksonville and use to be the beat guy for the Jaguars. He has a HUGE bias for teams from the AFC South.

morphius
09-14-2005, 07:17 AM
Without even looking I knew he put Jacksonville and Indy in the top five. I wasn't far off.

The guy lives in Jacksonville and use to be the beat guy for the Jaguars. He has a HUGE bias for teams from the AFC South.
Well, Indy is a top 5 team. Jax is a bit more questionable, but they beat up one of the NFC favorites and actually put up some points for once.

Mecca
09-14-2005, 07:18 AM
You know what's even more annoying than the Dallas Cowboys as America's team? The New Orleans Saints as the new America's team. Yes it's a tragedy what happened in New Orleans, but they're taking this a bit to far on the sports end of things.

That power ranking right there is a good example of it aswell. The Saints are going to get alot of coverage and preferential treatment because of this..............

I guess when theres a tragedy in the city that means the football team becomes more important to other people. :spock:

Saulbadguy
09-14-2005, 07:19 AM
Yeah. They'll probably end up Super Bowl Champs.

Hoover
09-14-2005, 07:20 AM
I like How Indy's Defensive efforts leads him to think they might be able to knock off the Pats. But our effort against a better offensive team than the Ravens needed a wait and see.

Mecca
09-14-2005, 07:21 AM
Yeah. They'll probably end up Super Bowl Champs.

Pats style eh.................

sd4chiefs
09-14-2005, 08:24 AM
I wonder if Prisco will admit that he was an idiot when he picked the Raiders to win the Superbowl after the Chiefs embarrass them of Sunday night Football?

Lzen
09-14-2005, 08:55 AM
You know what's even more annoying than the Dallas Cowboys as America's team? The New Orleans Saints as the new America's team. Yes it's a tragedy what happened in New Orleans, but they're taking this a bit to far on the sports end of things.

That power ranking right there is a good example of it aswell. The Saints are going to get alot of coverage and preferential treatment because of this..............

I guess when theres a tragedy in the city that means the football team becomes more important to other people. :spock:

I agree. This has been driving me nuts. Practically all of Fox's pregame was focused on the Saints and other players in the NFL dealing with Katrina. That was a tragedy, for sure. But it's time to talk about football and other teams in the NFL.

Warrior5
09-14-2005, 09:47 AM
This is power rankings after one (1) game. I'll start paying more attention after around week 4. Which brings up a related point on perspective...

I'm on record as saying that if the Chiefs are at least 2-2 by the bye week, I'll be very confident. Let me refine that somewhat:

If the Chiefs are at least 2-3 after the Donx game, I'll be optimistic. The win against the Jets was bigger than most know: it was a conference win, which may be a big benefit if we come down to tie-breakers.

Obviously, our next two games are agin' division opponents. If the Chiefs come away from Oaktown with a W, and considering that either the Chargers or the Donx WILL lose, the Chiefs will have a huge leg up.

Since I'm focusing on one game at a time, I won't even comment yet on if the Chiefs manage to pull off a 3rd W at Incrisco...

Power Rankings at this point are like points on "Whose Line is it Anyway?

whoman69
09-14-2005, 10:28 AM
This is power rankings after one (1) game. I'll start paying more attention after around week 4. Which brings up a related point on perspective...
I'm on record as saying that if the Chiefs are at least 2-2 by the bye week, I'll be very confident. Let me refine that somewhat:
If the Chiefs are at least 2-3 after the Donx game, I'll be optimistic. The win against the Jets was bigger than most know: it was a conference win, which may be a big benefit if we come down to tie-breakers.
Obviously, our next two games are agin' division opponents. If the Chiefs come away from Oaktown with a W, and considering that either the Chargers or the Donx WILL lose, the Chiefs will have a huge leg up.
Since I'm focusing on one game at a time, I won't even comment yet on if the Chiefs manage to pull off a 3rd W at Incrisco...
Power Rankings at this point are like points on "Whose Line is it Anyway?
Hey, I love that show.
I have to believe that the Donkeys season could snowball into something horrible after getting b!tchslapped against the Dolphins and their HOF QB Gus Ferrotte. I fully expect the Chiefs to win this week against the Raiders, and win big. Really, the only thing now that is scary about these first four games is we are playing short handed at CB and are thin at DT. The Broncos don't look like they are anywhere near being a good team right now and Oakland showed some pretty mediocre play. The Raiders were not in that game at all in the 2nd half, and only put up some big numbers late. Even the Eagles were brought down a peg. Everyone is talking about how we need to survive the first four games. At this point its not beyond comprehension that we are 4-0.