PDA

View Full Version : Pit Bull Attacks Lead to Injury, Eviction

vailpass
09-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Looks like pretty bad timing for these attacks to happen. Aurora, the town Denver pit owners are using to shelter their dogs from the Denver ban, is set to vote on measures of their own in a couple of days.

4 pit bulls seized after two attacks in Aurora
2 men hurt; city panel considering partial ban

By Jeremy Meyer
Denver Post Staff Writer

Aurora - Two men were attacked by pit bulls in separate incidents at the same address Sunday and Monday, just days before a city committee meets about banning pit bulls.

Jose Simental, 36, was mauled by four dogs Sunday as he left a duplex at 1922 Dallas St. in northeast Aurora. Simental suffered bite wounds on his chest, arms and legs and was hospitalized until Tuesday.

On Monday, landlord Brady Meeks, 29, was bitten by one of the pit bulls as he tried to collect rent.

The dogs were being harbored in Aurora because their original owners live in Denver, where the breed is banned.

"I was fighting for my life," said Simental, who stood Tuesday afternoon outside his Aurora apartment, leaning against a makeshift cane made from a blue broomstick.

Simental, a husband and a father of two girls, had come to the duplex to work on one of the residents' cars. But they didn't have the money for the repair. As he was leaving, the dogs lunged at him from behind.

They pulled him to the ground. He tried to fight them off, protecting his face, and was bitten on the arms and legs, he said.

"They were trying to eat me," he said.

A friend rushed to his aid, beating the dogs with a tire iron.

The attacks could be factors when Aurora's code enforcement and redevelopment committee meets Friday to discuss the costs of a ban.

In a previous meeting, the committee decided to ban only new pit bulls and allow existing dogs to stay but under strict rules.

Now, these new attacks and the likely costs of the ban are making at least one City Council member rethink the plan.

"It feels like we're making all these accommodations to make it work for these things," said Councilwoman Molly Markert, chairwoman of the code enforcement committee. "Just ban them."
The dogs' owner, Antoinette Rivers, was cited for 15 misdemeanors, including keeping dangerous dogs and failure to license or inoculate the dogs. Each count carries a maximum fine of $1,000 and a year in jail.

The dogs were impounded, and a hearing is set for 10 a.m. Sept. 21 where a judge will determine their fate.

Now, Simental can barely walk. He takes painkillers and must wait until Thursday to get stitches because the wounds are too messy.

He has bandages on his arms and legs. Teeth marks can be seen on his shoulders, behind his ear and on his chest.

"I cried when my wife tried to clean my hands," he said. "The pain is so terrible. I would like it if they took all of these pit bulls away."

Simental didn't tell animal control officers about the attack until Monday. Just as Aurora officials learned about the attack, they were told of the other one.

"That must be why they got there so fast," said Meeks, who said one of the dogs rushed at him and bit his left thigh.

"Those people are getting evicted. I've told them to get rid of the dogs. They should have never had the dogs there in the first place."
Staff writer Jeremy Meyer can be reached at 303-820-1175 or jpmeyer@denverpost.com.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_3026802

jspchief
09-14-2005, 10:54 AM
They were probably really just Black Labs.

Phobia
09-14-2005, 10:54 AM

I'm laughing because it's funny.

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 10:56 AM
You don't keep a bunch of these dogs together especially in a duplex. The owner should have to face serious charges not misdemeanors and the dogs should be put down. What is amazing is that we make everything a felony these days and this is treated with kid gloves and the only answer is banning the bread. What a crock of shit.

nmt1
09-14-2005, 10:58 AM
You don't keep a bunch of these dogs together especially in a duplex. The owner should have to face serious charges not misdemeanors and the dogs should be put down. What is amazing is that we make everything a felony these days and this is treated with kid gloves and the only answer is banning the bread. What a crock of shit.

If they ban bread, I'll never go there.

HemiEd
09-14-2005, 10:58 AM
*patiently waiting for Big Daddy's arrival*

vailpass
09-14-2005, 10:59 AM

ROFL ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
09-14-2005, 11:00 AM
You don't keep a bunch of these dogs together especially in a duplex.Why not? My parents have 7-8 dogs and they never have problems; they don't bite or attack anyone or each other.

BIG_DADDY

All I do is list facts and all you ever do is post shit to bait people. You know Mohillbilly was right about you your just a big loud mouth pussy.

Rain Man
This brings to mind the old question of whether it would be worse to be attacked by 200 pounds of pit bull or 200 pounds of chihuahua.

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Why not? My parents have 7-8 dogs and they never have problems; they don't bite or attack anyone or each other.

Because they have not been raised as pack animals. This breed is different and should be raised differently. There are many breeds that you shouldn't leave a pack of that are capable of attacking each other or others.

jspchief
09-14-2005, 11:04 AM
All I do is list facts and all you ever do is post shit to bait people. You know Mohillbilly was right about you your just a big loud mouth pussy. :)

jspchief
09-14-2005, 11:07 AM
Because they have not been raised as pack animals. This breed is different and should be raised differently. There are many breeds that you shouldn't leave a pack of that are capable of attacking each other or others.OK, joking aside.

So you admit that certain breeds have certain characteristics in regards to pack mentality, yet you refuse to consider that certain breeds have certain characteristics in regards to biting/attacking mentality? That seems like a bit of a contradiction.

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 11:15 AM
OK, joking aside.

So you admit that certain breeds have certain characteristics in regards to pack mentality, yet you refuse to consider that certain breeds have certain characteristics in regards to biting/attacking mentality? That seems like a bit of a contradiction.

No I don't, Pits are fighting dogs that are animal aggressive not people aggressive. If you take a dog like that and put it in a really bad environment or mix it with certain other breeds you have a problem. That goes for many breeds of which I could name at least 20 which could have issues which leads us down to the real issue. Do we hold the animals responsible and impliment breed specific genocide which is what is going on globally or do we hold people responsible? You know I am not one for handing out felonies lightly but the person responsible for what happened here should be charged like they did the attack themself and that goes for all breeds. I am all for cracking down on this but lets do it the right way.

Phobia
09-14-2005, 11:19 AM
All I do is list facts and all you ever do is post shit to bait people. You know Mohillbilly was right about you your just a big loud mouth pussy.

It was funny, though. No doubt about it.

bogie
09-14-2005, 11:24 AM
No I don't, Pits are fighting dogs that are animal aggressive not people aggressive. If you take a dog like that and put it in a really bad environment or mix it with certain other breeds you have a problem. That goes for many breeds of which I could name at least 20 which could have issues which leads us down to the real issue. Do we hold the animals responsible and impliment breed specific genocide which is what is going on globally or do we hold people responsible? You know I am not one for handing out felonies lightly but the person responsible for what happened here should be charged like they did the attack themself and that goes for all breeds. I am all for cracking down on this but lets do it the right way.

If you put guns in the wrong hands people are going to get hurt. If you put Pits in the wrong hands people are going to get hurt. Since I don't want a ban on guns, I guess I have to side with Big Dadddy on this. Even though I think Pit Bulls are a waist of space.

go bo
09-14-2005, 11:29 AM
yep, it made me snicker and wonder where's big daddy at?

and then you arrived, bd, restoring my faith in karma...

there are indeed breeds that should not be put into a pack environment...

for example many chows do not do very well if several are put together in the same kennel pen or house (unless they are related, and even then it can be a problem if there are 3 or 4 of them in the same space)...

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 11:32 AM
It was funny, though. No doubt about it.

Sure the first 10 times it was posted maybe. Labs still have the highest bite total in California. I know they are the most popular breed but I have yet to see one media source report an incident involving labs. Hell even Mojo's Lab attacked another dog. What they refer to as pits encompasses many breeds but that is never taken into consideration. I have continually shown how many of the incidents reported as pit bull attacks were not pit bulls as well but all I get back is sarcasm.

Dave Lane
09-14-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm not so much for banning them but neutering all of them so this is the last generation of them. They serve no practical purpose so all of them get neutered or banned. That way no one loses a pet plus the neutering / spade makes them more mellow anyway.

DAve

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 11:36 AM
If you put guns in the wrong hands people are going to get hurt. If you put Pits in the wrong hands people are going to get hurt. Since I don't want a ban on guns, I guess I have to side with Big Dadddy on this. Even though I think Pit Bulls are a waist of space.

Where you at in Cali? Come by any time and see mine and I'll bet he changes your mind. Many posters here have met mine, Jim, KCDan, MOJO, Braincase. Svuba and others. Let me show you the real deal and tell me what you think.

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 11:43 AM
I'm not so much for banning them but neutering all of them so this is the last generation of them. They serve no practical purpose so all of them get neutered or banned. That way no one loses a pet plus the neutering / spade makes them more mellow anyway.

DAve

I don't want mellow POS dog lap dog and your eliminating the most athletic dog that ever lived. Why must we femanize everything is society? Is it really that hard to hold owners accountible and move in that direction? I posted this once before but let me tell you why I love this breed so much:

Why do I want a pit and what traits do I like in them? Some people are just happy with a lap dog but not me. When I was looking for a dog I wanted one that had the qualities I would aspire to have in my own life. I wanted a dog that lived with passion and was fiercely loyal. I wanted one that was courageous and game. I wanted one that was very loving. I wanted an agile athlete that was very strong too. I also wanted intelligence because what good are the other qualities if it can’t be trained correctly? No other breed will bring it home in all these areas like an APBT. This breed is extremely passionate in all areas of its life and no other dog will want to please you more. Let me also say that this breed is not for everyone and if your not going to raise it correctly and get it from the right source you are not going to end up with what I am about to describe. If your going to get one I would suggest finding a dog man and get the very best game blood you can find and raise from a young pup. The reason for this is you will get a much more game athlete that is mentally much more stable than going down to the pound and picking something up there. I am an athlete and have been my entire life so I wanted a dog that was the ultimate athlete that I could do activities with. So lets take a look at this ultimate athlete. Endurance, when I go bike riding he can hang for well over two hours. Try running a shepherd like that you will kill it inside 30 minutes. Very, very few dogs can hang like that. Speed, they like a lightning bolt inside 100 yards. Last year at the beach I apologized to a guy for not having him on a leash while I was running him. He said no big deal as he could never catch up to his whippets. I said ok and let him go. He ran up on his whippets like a lion taking down a gazelle touching their hind quarters with his paw twice, once from each side just to let them know he was there. The look on the guys face was priceless. “ That’s a huge dog (60 pounds) to be running that fast that’s amazing” is what he said. This is a whippet http://www.sonic.net/~whippet/ Strength, they compete in weight pulling contests and rank as some of the most powerful dogs in the world pound for pound. There are pictures of several here www.dogpower.com click on pictures. Agility, they can even climb trees and swim with the best of them. You can find many pictures if you punch that in a search engine. My dog will hit water for the first time this weekend. The APBT is also one of the top breeds in agility contests. Courage and Gameness, nothing comes close to an APBT in these areas I don’t think anybody would even attempt to debate that. My dogs father was dead game and a good dog will be absolutely fearless. If there was a grizzly in my back yard he would want a piece of that ass. MOHillbilly posted some links to his dogs going after wild boar. If that doesn’t convince you nothing will. The most recent mountain lion attack out here was a guy who was riding bikes on a mountain trail with his friend and his dog, a lab. When the lion attacked the dog high tailed it out of there. That is not a trait I want in my dog. If my dog did that I would kill the POS if I survived. Intelligence, the APBT may not be at the very top of the list in the canine world in this area but they are still very smart and trainable. The top canine search and rescue team in Northern California are APBTs. They are just beginning to understand just how trainable they are. Here is some good information on the breed being used in police work as well as having information on the S&R team. http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/pospress.html Once the dog knows what it is you want it will be more determined than any other breed to make sure the job gets done that’s why they are so good at S&R. Don’t forget the most famous and decorated war dog in U.S. history was also a pit. It takes some serious intelligence and loyalty to pull that off. http://www.thehoya.com/sports/110403/sports12.cfm Loving, like all other extreme passions with this breed when it comes to loving their owner it’s the same thing. I will just put it this way my dogs nicknames are Velcro & Shadow because he constantly wants to be touching you. Whether you sitting on the couch or laying in bed or driving down the road he is attached to you. When you walk around he is always right next to you. I have never been around a dog that is more affectionate.

These are the reasons I love the APBT. Once you have had this breed it is very hard to own anything else. I would never suggest anybody get one though that isn’t completely dedicated to working it out hard as well as training it. For those who do though you will be rewarded with the ultimate companion the canine world has to offer IMO.

MOhillbilly
09-14-2005, 11:51 AM

DAve

is that what happened to you dave?

bogie
09-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Where you at in Cali? Come by any time and see mine and I'll bet he changes your mind. Many posters here have met mine, Jim, KCDan, MOJO, Braincase. Svuba and others. Let me show you the real deal and tell me what you think.

I'm in the San Fernando Valley. I am sure you're one of the PB owners that raises your dog properly. I would love to meet your dog. However, I would not let my 7 year old daughter near it. Even though she's been raised to respect animals and not get in their faces, etc. I do feel there's a bit of unpredicatability with the breed. I don't want to have guns banned, but I'm very happy there are regulations on who can purchase guns. If any tom, dick or harry can purchase a gun without at least an attempt to regulate I do think there would be chaos. Perhaps if there was a screening process on who could own Pit Bulls there would be a lot fewer incidents. I do feel most of the problem Pit Bulls are raised by dip shits that encourage their dogs to be aggressive.

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm in the San Fernando Valley. I am sure you're one of the PB owners that raises your dog properly. I would love to meet your dog. However, I would not let my 7 year old daughter near it. Even .

Many, many young kids play with my dog. My best friend and training partner has a female and a 4 year old girl who plays with both frequently. Their pit also sleeps on their daughters bed. Exposure to kids plays a big part here. It is possible for a dog who has not been around kids to see a young child as a person because they don't act or smell like an adult. This is the reason socializing your dog from a young pup is very important and that goes for all dogs.

If your ever in the neighborhood come on by it would be cool to meet you anyways.

NewChief
09-14-2005, 12:05 PM
I'm not going to get into the outlawing or bannimng of the APBT because I have a lot of respect for hte breed, but I do have an issue with the "defenders" of the breed. So many of the breed's defenders seem to really look up to and think that it's cool to have a killer dog. They think the "dog game" is a cool and respectable thing. I'm sorry, but it's ****ing barbaric. Fighting dogs or cocks or whatever against each other for your entertainment is screwed up.

Lzen
09-14-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm not going to get into the outlawing or bannimng of the APBT because I have a lot of respect for hte breed, but I do have an issue with the "defenders" of the breed. So many of the breed's defenders seem to really look up to and think that it's cool to have a killer dog. They think the "dog game" is a cool and respectable thing. I'm sorry, but it's ****ing barbaric. Fighting dogs or cocks or whatever against each other for your entertainment is screwed up.

Can't argue with that. I, too, think it's barbaric.

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 12:48 PM

You must hate ultimate fighting too. I will just leave it at this, if it wasn't for dog men we wouldn't have the most amazing breed ever.

MOhillbilly
09-14-2005, 12:53 PM
I would shoot anyone on this bb stonedead before i shot moxie.
That goes for anyone who tries to take her from me aswell.

MOhillbilly
09-14-2005, 12:55 PM

Did you look at the looters in NO and think humanity was better that that?

Brock
09-14-2005, 12:56 PM
They think the "dog game" is a cool and respectable thing. I'm sorry, but it's ****ing barbaric. Fighting dogs or cocks or whatever against each other for your entertainment is screwed up.

Some people say the same thing about fishing.

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Some people say the same thing about fishing.

and meat eaters those fuggin barbarians. :cuss: This reminds me of the HSUS. They bitch and bitch about how barbaric it is to fight these poor defenseless dogs and chickens and then when they find someone who does they just go and kill the animals. I wonder what dogs and chickens would have to say about this if they could talk. :hmmm:

Where talking chickens here.

munkey
09-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Where talking chickens here.

But chickens have feelings too you big meanie... :)

Chiefnj
09-14-2005, 01:37 PM
So, people like pit bulls because they are loyal protectors. Then some of those same people put those dogs in a cage so their loyal friend can fight another dog an get bitten, maimed, etc. Where is your loyalty to the dog? What do you care if someone takes it and euthanizes it? Sticking a needle in its leg a little too humane? Rather have it fight and lose its eyes first?

Brock
09-14-2005, 01:41 PM
So, people like pit bulls because they are loyal protectors. Then some of those same people put those dogs in a cage so their loyal friend can fight another dog an get bitten, maimed, etc. Where is your loyalty to the dog? What do you care if someone takes it and euthanizes it? Sticking a needle in its leg a little too humane? Rather have it fight and lose its eyes first?

You don't think the dog wants to fight?

Saulbadguy
09-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Why ban a dog when you allow people to buy semi-automatic weapons? Hypocritical.

Let people have their dogs. I don't really care.

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 02:07 PM
You don't think the dog wants to fight?

He's a bloody liberal what did you expect he probably wants to pussify the entire world? I don't fight my dog for one reason it takes too long to raise them and train them to be a great dog and protector of the household. I fully understand why dog men are needed though to develop a great breed.

chiefnj,

To say you are concerned about the dogs and being humane to them only to kill perfectly healthy and happy one once you have them is stuff PETA members are made of. Are you really that far out there?

NewChief
09-14-2005, 02:08 PM
You must hate ultimate fighting too. I will just leave it at this, if it wasn't for dog men we wouldn't have the most amazing breed ever.

While my dog is probably smarter than half the guys that do ultimate fighting, humans can beat the crap out of each other all they want. They've chosen to do that. You can say that the dogs would choose to fight as well, but the fact remains that they've been programmed to do that. Terriers weren't originally bred to fight other dogs, they were bred to fight/kill rodents, pests, and varmints.

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 02:11 PM
While my dog is probably smarter than half the guys that do ultimate fighting, humans can beat the crap out of each other all they want. They've chosen to do that. You can say that the dogs would choose to fight as well, but the fact remains that they've been programmed to do that. Terriers weren't originally bred to fight other dogs, they were bred to fight/kill rodents, pests, and varmints.

Both choose to fight. If a dog doesn't want to fight (and it does happen) they are pulled out.

NewChief
09-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Both choose to fight. If a dog doesn't want to fight (and it does happen) they are pulled out.

And "plugged"?

NewChief
09-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Here's a good website for all you pro dog fighters out there:
http://www.workingpitbull.com/dogfighting.htm

And lest you think it's some kind of PETA trash, these guys hate PETA as much as any of you.

MOhillbilly
09-14-2005, 02:25 PM

Fish dont have a choice when you hook one. Its in there genetic makeup to strike.
Humans fool w/ animal genetics all the time for sport. HYBRID BASS.

Is it humane to fish?Or hunt?

Terriers and bulldogs were bred for combat as far back as 200BC.

NewChief
09-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Fish dont have a choice when you hook one. Its in there genetic makeup to strike.
Humans fool w/ animal genetics all the time for sport. HYBRID BASS.

Is it humane to fish?Or hunt?

Terriers and bulldogs were bred for combat as far back as 200BC.

Okay. If you guys can equate dog fighting with fishing, more power to you.

MOhillbilly
09-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Here's a good website for all you pro dog fighters out there:
http://www.workingpitbull.com/dogfighting.htm

And lest you think it's some kind of PETA trash, these guys hate PETA as much as any of you.

There are diffrent levels to anything.
How do you know what a 'prodogfighter' is? Because a webpage tells you so its true?
come on.

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 02:29 PM
And "plugged"?

Depends on who is doing it. Don't get me wrong, I have my issues with some dog men too some of them are complete POS. The guy I got mine from finds homes for all his dogs. His kids help him raise them so they are make good pets for the right home. Some others put them down like you would at the vet. This is my biggest issue with outlawing dog fights. When you outlaw them it attracks the wrong people. If they are legal and monitored it's better for everyone involved including the dogs. It reminds me of when the liberal humaniacs outlawed wacking animals in Chinatown because it was uncivilized. Now they sell live animals and people that have never wacked and animal are attempting to do so. The end result is not good.

MOhillbilly
09-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Okay. If you guys can equate dog fighting with fishing, more power to you.

No man, im talking about the genetic aspects of animal sports.(fishing,gundogs,scenthound,sitehounds ect)

Its dangerous ground to thumb your nose at one when the enemy considers them one in the same.

Chiefnj
09-14-2005, 02:59 PM
He's a bloody liberal what did you expect he probably wants to pussify the entire world? I don't fight my dog for one reason it takes too long to raise them and train them to be a great dog and protector of the household. I fully understand why dog men are needed though to develop a great breed.

chiefnj,

To say you are concerned about the dogs and being humane to them only to kill perfectly healthy and happy one once you have them is stuff PETA members are made of. Are you really that far out there?

What does dog fighting have to do with developing a great breed? What's the correlation between having a great dog for the home and one that fights in a ring?

If you breed a dog to fight and be aggressive and not quit at all costs and keep biting no matter what, don't be surprised when the dog attacks someone and because of the viciousness and severity of the attack causes others to want to ban the breed. It's the irresponsible owners and breeders causing the problem.

To be honest with you, I have no clue what the hell you are talking about in your last parargaph addressed to me.

Eleazar
09-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Sounds like another case of dipshit owner.

They should stop banning the dogs. Just treat these cases legally just like the owner is the one who did the damage. Punish him the same way as if he had assaulted this guy himself and caused the same injury. Maybe that will make people think about others' safety.

There's nothing wrong with them if someone is responsible and raises them the right way and doesn't have them in an unsafe environment.

Just another useless move to ban something that is safe when responsibility and common sense is exercised. Sounds familiar.

MOhillbilly
09-14-2005, 03:09 PM
To be honest with you, I have no clue what the hell you are talking about in your last parargaph addressed to me.

Thats most of the problem.

the Talking Can
09-14-2005, 03:12 PM
sorry, rant/

why are pit bull owners always white trash pieces of shit? pardon my racism.......

but I just had a new neighbor move in...yup, pit bull running lose in the yard with nothing but an aged 4 foot fence with most of the bottom already out of the ground...super

i now have the walk of fear as I walk the length of my apartment building to the parking lot, 10 inches away from the paper-fence and the dog that just stares at me....curiously....hungry, I'm sure

and when these white trash loser **** up neighbors (they patched a hole in the fence by leaning a kiddie pool against it) find out their dog ate me they'll just pack up their Uriah Heap t-shirts and move along...cause there's nothing wrong with the breed, you know....

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 03:51 PM
sorry, rant/

why are pit bull owners always white trash pieces of shit? pardon my racism.......

but I just had a new neighbor move in...yup, pit bull running lose in the yard with nothing but an aged 4 foot fence with most of the bottom already out of the ground...super

i now have the walk of fear as I walk the length of my apartment building to the parking lot, 10 inches away from the paper-fence and the dog that just stares at me....curiously....hungry, I'm sure

and when these white trash loser **** up neighbors (they patched a hole in the fence by leaning a kiddie pool against it) find out their dog ate me they'll just pack up their Uriah Heap t-shirts and move along...cause there's nothing wrong with the breed, you know....

It's probably that white trash neighborhood you live in what's your trailor number?

bogie
09-14-2005, 04:16 PM
People raising dogs to fight or be agressive is the very reason Pit Bulls have a bad reputation. MoHillbilly and Big Daddy, IMO if you're defending this, you're a big part of the downfall of the very breed you're trying to defend.

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 04:39 PM
People raising dogs to fight or be agressive is the very reason Pit Bulls have a bad reputation. MoHillbilly and Big Daddy, IMO if you're defending this, you're a big part of the downfall of the very breed you're trying to defend.

Please explain to me how me thinking dog fighting should be legal is the downfall of the breed. I am not a part of the problem either I have introduced my dog to literally hundreds of people and changed the minds of most who had been brainwashed by the media.

Oh yea It's not a pit bull thing it's a dog thing. The pit is just the distraction used to pass vicious dog ordinances. There are currently 20 different breeds banned in various regions across the United States.

bogie
09-14-2005, 05:18 PM
In the same posts that you defend how safe Pit Bulls can be, you also defend raising fighting dogs. To me personally, I feel that the dogs that are guilty of attacking people are probably the same ones raised to be aggressive and probably to be tough fighters. The owners that raise them either let their guard down and the dog attacks, or the owner is a dip shit and doesn't control his dogs. Either way it's ultimately (most of the time) the owners fault. When I first started reading your posts on Pit Bulls, I thought your stance was that Pit Bulls are only as good as their owners. IMO, if people would raise their dogs to be a domestic pet, to be gentle and safe around humans and other dogs (not aggressive fighters) I have to assume the attacks will go away. To me, to defend raising fighters defends the dip shits that can't control their dogs which give Pit Bulls the bad name. You can use your argument till your blue in the face that they're picking on Pits, but I'm afraid that's not going to change. But if you really want to try and change the tide, change the people that are raising these dangerous animals.

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 05:58 PM
In the same posts that you defend how safe Pit Bulls can be, you also defend raising fighting dogs. To me personally, I feel that the dogs that are guilty of attacking people are probably the same ones raised to be aggressive and probably to be tough fighters. The owners that raise them either let their guard down and the dog attacks, or the owner is a dip shit and doesn't control his dogs. Either way it's ultimately (most of the time) the owners fault. When I first started reading your posts on Pit Bulls, I thought your stance was that Pit Bulls are only as good as their owners. IMO, if people would raise their dogs to be a domestic pet, to be gentle and safe around humans and other dogs (not aggressive fighters) I have to assume the attacks will go away. To me, to defend raising fighters defends the dip shits that can't control their dogs which give Pit Bulls the bad name. You can use your argument till your blue in the face that they're picking on Pits, but I'm afraid that's not going to change. But if you really want to try and change the tide, change the people that are raising these dangerous animals.

3 people handle the dogs when their fighting, they don't bite people. If one ever shows human aggression it is put down and the gene doesn't survive. A true game fighting dog almost never bites people. I walked a 4 year old through a yard with over 20 dogs that are currently fighting. I'll never forget her mothers words, "these are really nice dogs". You really have to understand the breed and absolutely cannot listen to anything PETA, HSUS or the media says about them. The issue comes when people teach them to be human aggressive or are mean to them. Mixed breeding with human biters or just bad breeding in general will do it too. You have to also remember that for every one of those dogs that they call pits that bit someone there are literally hundreds that don't bite anyone at all. SF said there are thousands within their within their city limits. East bay says they are their most popular dog. As far as fighting dogs are concerned I have never heard of any of the dog men up here ever getting bitten.

bogie
09-14-2005, 06:36 PM
3 people handle the dogs when their fighting, they don't bite people. If one ever shows human aggression it is put down and the gene doesn't survive. A true game fighting dog almost never bites people. I walked a 4 year old through a yard with over 20 dogs that are currently fighting. I'll never forget her mothers words, "these are really nice dogs". You really have to understand the breed and absolutely cannot listen to anything PETA, HSUS or the media says about them. The issue comes when people teach them to be human aggressive or are mean to them. Mixed breeding with human biters or just bad breeding in general will do it too. You have to also remember that for every one of those dogs that they call pits that bit someone there are literally hundreds that don't bite anyone at all. SF said there are thousands within their within their city limits. East bay says they are their most popular dog. As far as fighting dogs are concerned I have never heard of any of the dog men up here ever getting bitten.

I suppose we need to agree to disagree. I can't defend raising/training animals to maim and maul each other. But others can't understand my passion for hunting. I have never read an article from PETA or HSUS (don't even know what HSUS is). This is off the original subject anyway. JMO, based on what I've seen (dog parks, news reports) and heard (mostly news reports) a Pit Bull is not for me. Then again, neither are Dobermans, Chows, Rotweilers(sp) and believe it or not Bassett Hounds(sp). Even though I've seen very gentle examples of all of these breeds including Pits, I seen enough examples to know I won't risk leaving my child alone around them, because God forbid if something did happen.
But I agree with your stance on not outlawing the breed.