PDA

View Full Version : Did Surtain, T-Rich and/or Roaf practice today? Injury update?

Kylo Ren
09-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Has anyone heard yet?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Underpants.

Tonight at 10.

Eleazar
09-14-2005, 11:59 AM
No, none of them did. They were too busy telling people they took showers with local non-celebrities.

BigRedChief
09-14-2005, 12:03 PM
No, none of them did. They were too busy telling people they took showers with local non-celebrities.

:hmmm: What did I miss?

Dunit35
09-14-2005, 12:04 PM
um I swear I read something that Surtain is gonna practice today or something..

tomahawk kid
09-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Practice should be over in like an hour. I'm sure we'll hear more at that time.

Dunit35
09-14-2005, 12:05 PM
CHIEFS NOTEBOOK: Surtain better

The Kansas City Star

Somewhere, a secondary coach is exhaling.

Chiefs cornerback Patrick Surtain, a Pro Bowler, is expected to return to practice today, coach Dick Vermeil said. Surtain suffered a concussion in Sunday’s win over the Jets after a 53-yard interception return.

Surtain’s absence would have left a huge hole in the Chiefs’ secondary this weekend, when they travel to Oakland to face Randy Moss. Vermeil has just four cornerbacks on his roster, and the Chiefs struggled somewhat last weekend when Surtain went to the locker room.

“I feel a little better than I did last night with our injury situation,” Vermeil said.

On Monday night, he was worried about injuries to four starters — Surtain, left tackle Willie Roaf (hamstring), fullback Tony Richardson (knee) and defensive tackle Ryan Sims (foot).

Vermeil said Roaf’s injury isn’t as bad as initially thought, but it’s likely he’ll miss Sunday’s game. The Chiefs at first worried that Roaf may have popped his hamstring. Vermeil said Tuesday that it was probably a strain.

Sims is getting a second opinion, and Richardson is doing better, Vermeil said.

“I just went down and saw him working out with a big smile on his face,” Vermeil said. “He said, ‘Coach, I can’t believe how much better I feel.’ So, his status, in my mind at least, has been upgraded.”

NO SURPRISES HERE

Larry Johnson may have run for 110 yards and two touchdowns Sunday, but Vermeil said Priest Holmes is still a solid No. 1 at running back.

Holmes, a three-time Pro Bowler, added 85 yards and a touchdown and has recovered from last year’s knee injury.

“I think he’s earned that right (to start),” Vermeil said. “I don’t have any question he can do today whatever he’s done in the past at his best. I have absolutely no question.”

ANOTHER OPTION

With Richardson’s status still in doubt, Vermeil said tight end Kris Wilson may play some Sunday at fullback.

Kylo Ren
09-14-2005, 03:11 PM
No, none of them did. They were too busy telling people they took showers with local non-celebrities. So, does that mean that you don't know jack crap?

BigRedChief
09-14-2005, 03:14 PM
sports talk should be on this but I'm not streaming at work. We need a blow by blow.

Dawson4004
09-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Surtain practiced. Sims, Roaf and T Rich did not.

Kylo Ren
09-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Surtain and T-Rich will play. I think, come game day, Roaf will play too.

Eleazar
09-14-2005, 03:45 PM
So, does that mean that you don't know jack crap?

you kiss your mother with that mouth?

tomahawk kid
09-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Surtain and T-Rich will play. I think, come game day, Roaf will play too.

That's what I think too.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-14-2005, 04:59 PM
T-Rich is scheduled to be on Total Access tonight

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 05:04 PM
you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Well she's the only women that will have him what did you expect? It's not like it's that bad he usually kisses her on Friday night and that's 2 for 1 night and Gunther Fans moms house.

Taco John
09-14-2005, 05:08 PM
So, does that mean that you don't know jack crap?

I know Jackphonso Crapthorn...

Does that count?

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Well she's the only women that will have him what did you expect? It's not like it's that bad he usually kisses her on Friday night and that's 2 for 1 night and Gunther Fans moms house.

Get there early though I hear it's hard to find a parking spot.

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2005, 05:42 PM

That's what makes Gunther Fan very special you see he was conceived on a Friday night so he has lots of different men in him. You can tell his mug took a beating on to proceeding Friday nights though it's a sad story.

KChiefs1
09-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Any word on Sims?