PDA

View Full Version : Next big thing in Shaving...5 blades!

Saulbadguy
09-14-2005, 01:32 PM
You knew it'd come sooner than later.

http://www.gillettenews.com/men/index_fusion.htm

J Diddy
09-14-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm just holding out for the razor that fits over your whole head and shaves you instantly

Hammock Parties
09-14-2005, 01:34 PM
And introducing it's competitor...

The Schick Quinto!

soon to be followed by....

The Schick Sextuplet!

gblowfish
09-14-2005, 01:34 PM
You knew it'd come sooner than later.

http://www.gillettenews.com/men/index_fusion.htm
Saul, I get nuttin' with that link. Sorry man.

Saulbadguy
09-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Saul, I get nuttin' with that link. Sorry man.
Its all Macromedia Flash.

Here is the homepage.

http://www.gillette.com/homepage.asp

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Razor technology is funny. I'll just have a beard.

HemiEd
09-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Three was the end of improvement, the four blade is mostly disfunctional on my face.

totally teed up..........

cadmonkey
09-14-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm sticking with my two blade Sensor Exel. More than that is really just over kill. I get as good of a shave with two as you would with three, four or even five...........and I do it with no shaving cream or soap, just water.

rageeumr
09-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Wasn't there a SNL skit about this.... "The fourteenth blade cleanly removes your sub-dermal layer"??

Saulbadguy
09-14-2005, 01:42 PM
I love the Mach 3 Power. I've never had a more comfortable shave than that.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Razor technology is funny. I'll just have a beard.

Beards suck.

Goapics1
09-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Beards suck.
Bearded clams do to.

J Diddy
09-14-2005, 01:56 PM
I love the Mach 3 Power. I've never had a more comfortable shave than that.

I agree but disagree, shaving daily I don't nearly get the shave that I do when shaving every other day.

Biohazard
09-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Bearded clams do to.
What about mature hairless clams?:D

Biohazard
09-14-2005, 02:01 PM
I bet the refills for this thing will cost $30 for 4! Its about just as cheap to buy the whole razor again.

Bob Dole
09-14-2005, 02:04 PM
I bet the refills for this thing will cost $30 for 4! Its about just as cheap to buy the whole razor again.

The Gillette Fusion razor and two cartridges will retail for approximately $9.99. A Gillette Fusion 4-pack of refill cartridges will retail for approximately $12.00 to $13.00. Retail prices are at the sole discretion of individual retailers.

Source (http://66.132.141.128/press_mats/265_FactSheet.pdf)

Goapics1
09-14-2005, 02:11 PM
What about mature hairless clams?:D
It's all good.

Biohazard
09-14-2005, 02:11 PM
The Gillette Fusion razor and two cartridges will retail for approximately $9.99. A Gillette Fusion 4-pack of refill cartridges will retail for approximately $12.00 to $13.00. Retail prices are at the sole discretion of individual retailers.

Source (http://66.132.141.128/press_mats/265_FactSheet.pdf)
Thats just F'D up! Kinda reminds me of buying a $30 printer and the ink cartridges are $40.

tk13
09-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Beards suck.
Slayer agrees.

Saulbadguy
09-14-2005, 02:15 PM
Thats just F'D up! Kinda reminds me of buying a $30 printer and the ink cartridges are $40.
Thats because back in the day, the ink was cheap and the printers were expensive. Nobody bought them.

RealSNR
09-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I have a Schick quattro. Someone was giving them out for free. I don't need the 4th blade, or the 3rd for that matter.

alpha_omega
09-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Yep...sounds like something i cant afford.

Sam
09-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Beards suck.

Not when it comes to NOT having to shave. Shaving sucks!

jiveturkey
09-14-2005, 03:13 PM
I still use the cheapo disposables from Costco and I use one cheapo for every week and I've got a tough beard that requires daily shaving.

These new fancy 4 and 5 blade razors are for pussy's.

Ebolapox
09-14-2005, 03:26 PM
eh, I'm holding out (and tempted to design and apply for the patent) for a ten blade razor--you know, nothing more than a 2x4 that has ten razors implanted in it, you just drag it across your face--unfortunately, it'd take off a few layers of skin as well...

-EB-

Frankie
09-14-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm just holding out for the razor that fits over your whole head and shaves you instantly
The latest picture of J Diddy:
http://poilluxr.free.fr/chewbacca.jpg
:p

chief99
09-14-2005, 03:41 PM
I heard Mach3 power sucks and is way overrated.

Bob Dole
09-14-2005, 03:41 PM
I still use the cheapo disposables from Costco and I use one cheapo for every week and I've got a tough beard that requires daily shaving.

These new fancy 4 and 5 blade razors are for pussy's.

Exactly. Real fans don't need a "shaving system."

Real fans need a razor. Or a really sharp knife.

chief99
09-14-2005, 03:45 PM
I WANT MORE COMPETITION.

QUATTRO SUCKS !

chief99
09-14-2005, 03:55 PM
I guess Mach3 Power didn't work out so off to build something slightly more expensive to build those margins.

jAZ
09-14-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm a sucker for razor technology and toothbrush technology.

I need help.

Bowser
09-14-2005, 04:01 PM
How about we just dip our faces in vats of acid, and save on the refill blade charge?

Pants
09-14-2005, 06:57 PM
I don't know how people will be able to afford a 10 dollar razor blade... what are those Gillette people thinking? Seriously...

And yeah, dude shaving with a nice blade is totally for pussies, TOTALLY!!!11 Sleeping on mattresses is for pussies too, real men sleep on ****ing boards! Who needs to buy an $500 mattress, that is shit is TOTALLY pussy!!

siberian khatru
09-14-2005, 07:03 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33930

F*ck Everything, We're Doing Five Blades

February 18, 2004 | Issue 40•07

Would someone tell me how this happened? We were the ****ing vanguard of shaving in this country. The Gillette Mach3 was the razor to own. Then the other guy came out with a three-blade razor. Were we scared? Hell, no. Because we hit back with a little thing called the Mach3Turbo. That's three blades and an aloe strip. For moisture. But you know what happened next? Shut up, I'm telling you what happened—the bastards went to four blades. Now we're standing around with our cocks in our hands, selling three blades and a strip. Moisture or no, suddenly we're the chumps. Well, **** it. We're going to five blades.

Sure, we could go to four blades next, like the competition. That seems like the logical thing to do. After all, three worked out pretty well, and four is the next number after three. So let's play it safe. Let's make a thicker aloe strip and call it the Mach3SuperTurbo. Why innovate when we can follow? Oh, I know why: Because we're a business, that's why!

You think it's crazy? It is crazy. But I don't give a shit. From now on, we're the ones who have the edge in the multi-blade game. Are they the best a man can get? ****, no. Gillette is the best a man can get.

What part of this don't you understand? If two blades is good, and three blades is better, obviously five blades would make us the best ****ing razor that ever existed. Comprende? We didn't claw our way to the top of the razor game by clinging to the two-blade industry standard. We got here by taking chances. Well, five blades is the biggest chance of all.

Here's the report from Engineering. Someone put it in the bathroom: I want to wipe my ass with it. They don't tell me what to invent—I tell them. And I'm telling them to stick two more blades in there. I don't care how. Make the blades so thin they're invisible. Put some on the handle. I don't care if they have to cram the fifth blade in perpendicular to the other four, just do it!

You're taking the "safety" part of "safety razor" too literally, grandma. Cut the strings and soar. Let's hit it. Let's roll. This is our chance to make razor history. Let's dream big. All you have to do is say that five blades can happen, and it will happen. If you aren't on board, then **** you. And if you're on the board, then **** you and your father. Hey, if I'm the only one who'll take risks, I'm sure as hell happy to hog all the glory when the five-blade razor becomes the shaving tool for the U.S. of "this is how we shave now" A.

People said we couldn't go to three. It'll cost a fortune to manufacture, they said. Well, we did it. Now some egghead in a lab is screaming "Five's crazy?" Well, perhaps he'd be more comfortable in the labs at Norelco, working on ****ing electrics. Rotary blades, my white ass!

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we should just ride in Bic's wake and make pens. Ha! Not on your ****ing life! The day I shadow a penny-ante outfit like Bic is the day I leave the razor game for good, and that won't happen until the day I die!

The market? Listen, we make the market. All we have to do is put her out there with a little jingle. It's as easy as, "Hey, shaving with anything less than five blades is like scraping your beard off with a dull hatchet." Or "You'll be so smooth, I could snort lines off of your chin." Try "Your neck is going to be so friggin' soft, someone's gonna walk up and tie a goddamn Cub Scout kerchief under it."

I know what you're thinking now: What'll people say? Mew mew mew. Oh, no, what will people say?! Grow the **** up. When you're on top, people talk. That's the price you pay for being on top. Which Gillette is, always has been, and forever shall be, Amen, five blades, sweet Jesus in heaven.

Stop. I just had a stroke of genius. Are you ready? Open your mouth, baby birds, cause Mama's about to drop you one sweet, fat nightcrawler. Here she comes: Put another aloe strip on that ****er, too. That's right. Five blades, two strips, and make the second one lather. You heard me—the second strip lathers. It's a whole new way to think about shaving. Don't question it. Don't say a word. Just key the music, and call the chorus girls, because we're on the edge—the razor's edge—and I feel like dancing.

Saulbadguy
09-14-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm a sucker for razor technology and toothbrush technology.

I need help.
Same here. I've got a sonic care toothbrush (on my dentists reccomendation) , and a Mach 3 Power. I'll probably buy this new razor because i'm a big sucker.

Pants
09-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Same here. I've got a sonic care toothbrush (on my dentists reccomendation) , and a Mach 3 Power. I'll probably buy this new razor because i'm a big sucker.

Are those Sonicare brushes worth it? They're expensive as hell, at least they used to be.

jiveturkey
09-14-2005, 07:30 PM
I don't know how people will be able to afford a 10 dollar razor blade... what are those Gillette people thinking? Seriously...

And yeah, dude shaving with a nice blade is totally for pussies, TOTALLY!!!11 Sleeping on mattresses is for pussies too, real men sleep on ****ing boards! Who needs to buy an $500 mattress, that is shit is TOTALLY pussy!!Pussy's sleep on the floor. Real men shave with cheap ass razors and sleep on a bed made of tit meat.

jiveturkey
09-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Are those Sonicare brushes worth it? They're expensive as hell, at least they used to be.Yes.

chief99
09-14-2005, 08:26 PM
I sleep on dead Germans.

stevieray
09-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Anyone here ever shave with a straight razor?

Saulbadguy
09-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Are those Sonicare brushes worth it? They're expensive as hell, at least they used to be.
They aren't too bad. My dentist swears by it. They are around $60 for the no frills model. Replacement heads are around 8 dollars. (replace every 6 months)

jAZ
09-14-2005, 08:37 PM
I heard Mach3 power sucks and is way overrated.
I disagree.. It's fantastic... you really notice a difference, IMO.

I still use the regular (blue not green) blades... I think they are identical. But the motion makes it so that you can comfortably use the blade much longer. I don't change blades but once every 3-4 months.

Saulbadguy
09-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Anyone here ever shave with a straight razor?
Nope...I heard its very close though. My skin gets irritated fairly easily, not sure a straight razor would be a great idea.

I've used a disposable razor once. Never again. :shake:

Saulbadguy
09-14-2005, 08:38 PM
I disagree.. It's fantastic... you really notice a difference, IMO.

I still use the regular (blue not green) blades... I think they are identical. But the motion makes it so that you can comfortably use the blade much longer. I don't change blades but once every 3-4 months.
I change blades about once a month. I also use the regular, cheaper blades.

jAZ
09-14-2005, 08:43 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33930

F*ck Everything, We're Doing Five Blades

February 18, 2004 | Issue 40•07

Would someone tell me how this happened? We were the ****ing vanguard of shaving in this country. The Gillette Mach3 was the razor to own. Then the other guy came out with a three-blade razor. Were we scared? Hell, no. Because we hit back with a little thing called the Mach3Turbo. That's three blades and an aloe strip. For moisture. But you know what happened next? Shut up, I'm telling you what happened—the bastards went to four blades. Now we're standing around with our cocks in our hands, selling three blades and a strip. Moisture or no, suddenly we're the chumps. Well, **** it. We're going to five blades.

Sure, we could go to four blades next, like the competition. That seems like the logical thing to do. After all, three worked out pretty well, and four is the next number after three. So let's play it safe. Let's make a thicker aloe strip and call it the Mach3SuperTurbo. Why innovate when we can follow? Oh, I know why: Because we're a business, that's why!

You think it's crazy? It is crazy. But I don't give a shit. From now on, we're the ones who have the edge in the multi-blade game. Are they the best a man can get? ****, no. Gillette is the best a man can get.

What part of this don't you understand? If two blades is good, and three blades is better, obviously five blades would make us the best ****ing razor that ever existed. Comprende? We didn't claw our way to the top of the razor game by clinging to the two-blade industry standard. We got here by taking chances. Well, five blades is the biggest chance of all.

Here's the report from Engineering. Someone put it in the bathroom: I want to wipe my ass with it. They don't tell me what to invent—I tell them. And I'm telling them to stick two more blades in there. I don't care how. Make the blades so thin they're invisible. Put some on the handle. I don't care if they have to cram the fifth blade in perpendicular to the other four, just do it!

You're taking the "safety" part of "safety razor" too literally, grandma. Cut the strings and soar. Let's hit it. Let's roll. This is our chance to make razor history. Let's dream big. All you have to do is say that five blades can happen, and it will happen. If you aren't on board, then **** you. And if you're on the board, then **** you and your father. Hey, if I'm the only one who'll take risks, I'm sure as hell happy to hog all the glory when the five-blade razor becomes the shaving tool for the U.S. of "this is how we shave now" A.

People said we couldn't go to three. It'll cost a fortune to manufacture, they said. Well, we did it. Now some egghead in a lab is screaming "Five's crazy?" Well, perhaps he'd be more comfortable in the labs at Norelco, working on ****ing electrics. Rotary blades, my white ass!

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we should just ride in Bic's wake and make pens. Ha! Not on your ****ing life! The day I shadow a penny-ante outfit like Bic is the day I leave the razor game for good, and that won't happen until the day I die!

The market? Listen, we make the market. All we have to do is put her out there with a little jingle. It's as easy as, "Hey, shaving with anything less than five blades is like scraping your beard off with a dull hatchet." Or "You'll be so smooth, I could snort lines off of your chin." Try "Your neck is going to be so friggin' soft, someone's gonna walk up and tie a goddamn Cub Scout kerchief under it."

I know what you're thinking now: What'll people say? Mew mew mew. Oh, no, what will people say?! Grow the **** up. When you're on top, people talk. That's the price you pay for being on top. Which Gillette is, always has been, and forever shall be, Amen, five blades, sweet Jesus in heaven.

Stop. I just had a stroke of genius. Are you ready? Open your mouth, baby birds, cause Mama's about to drop you one sweet, fat nightcrawler. Here she comes: Put another aloe strip on that ****er, too. That's right. Five blades, two strips, and make the second one lather. You heard me—the second strip lathers. It's a whole new way to think about shaving. Don't question it. Don't say a word. Just key the music, and call the chorus girls, because we're on the edge—the razor's edge—and I feel like dancing.
I don't care who ya are, that right there is funny as hell.