PDA

View Full Version : How do you think Warfield will do when he returns?

cmh6476
09-14-2005, 06:38 PM
I for one, have liked Warfield and thougth he did very well last year.

But, I think teams avoided throwing to his side because they had so much success throwing against Bartee and McCleon.

But Warfield IMO seems to have gotten better each year he's been with us. But when he returns, I imagine opponenets will be throwing his way more, as he has Surtain opposite him now instead of the other goofballs!

Think he'll live up to expectations? Or are we going to start seeing some holes in his game that may not have been so apparent in past years?

CosmicPal
09-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Depends upon how much he drinks

Delano
09-14-2005, 06:42 PM
I've always thought that Eric could be a good cornerback if our front seven would get some pressure on the quarterback. I think he'll be just fine as the #2 and would be alright with Warfield defending some #1 receivers.

siberian khatru
09-14-2005, 06:44 PM
If he can touch the tip of his nose while standing on his tiptoes with his eyes closed, I'd consider that progress.

JimNasium
09-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Eric will be fine. I think he'll have something to prove. It's also beneficial that he's been allowed to be at the facility during the suspension.

milkman
09-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Eric Warfield's physical style fits Gun's scheme very well.

He'll occasionally be beaten, but that can be said about every corner with the pussifying of defense by the NFL.

He'll be a huge step up from McPassOn.

And I hope to hell that they leave Benny at nickel when Warfield returns.

B_Ambuehl
09-14-2005, 06:55 PM
He looked short on confidence in the preseason but he should be fine once he gets back in there. What I'm more concerned about is the disruption in the nickel package. I know the plan is to move McCleon to nickel in place of Sapp but I think that might be a mistake as Sapp looks good in that nickel spot.

Eleazar
09-14-2005, 06:58 PM
We always had a good #2 but not a #1. Now we have a good #1 but a #3 playing the #2 spot.

It'll be nice to see a good #1 and a good #2 again.

jidar
09-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Warfield will be just fine. He's been getting reps in practice and he will be fresh. He's always been a solid corner and with a better D around him I think he will be good.

philfree
09-14-2005, 07:34 PM
They can't just chuck the ball at the WR Warfield is covering so hopefully his coverege skills will lead to a few more sacks. I think he'll do fine. Heck since he's clean and sober he may be better then he's ever been. He's getting to rest his back too so hopefully we'll have our complete D on the field after the bye week if Simms can make it back. I'd really like to see our D at 100% I think it's gonna be oustanding.

PhilFree:arrow:

Son of Logical
09-14-2005, 07:50 PM
I think since Warfield is practicing all during his suspension he should do fine. He is going to be in shape, and game ready I think. Practicing against one of the best offenses in the league should keep his covering skills nice and sharp.

milkman
09-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Didn't I read that during the suspension that Warfield can't practice with the team, and that he was considering going someplace like Arizona(?) to work out at some facilities there while he was out?

teedubya
09-14-2005, 07:56 PM
he will be spectaculariffic! How dare you question him?

andoman
09-14-2005, 07:56 PM
I think since Warfield is practicing all during his suspension he should do fine. He is going to be in shape, and game ready I think. Practicing against one of the best offenses in the league should keep his covering skills nice and sharp.

It is my understanding that Warfield could not practice with the team once the season started. Anybody confirm that?

jiveturkey
09-14-2005, 07:58 PM
It is my understanding that Warfield could not practice with the team once the season started. Anybody confirm that?
He can't practice but he can work with the team trainers and go to meetings.

Taco John
09-14-2005, 08:01 PM
He's always been a solid corner and with a better D around him I think he will be good.

Is there a different Eric Warfield on your team that I don't know about? Because the one I know has been serviceable, but this is the first I've ever seen him described here as solid.

Deberg_1990
09-14-2005, 08:02 PM
I think teams will test him when he returns of course, but by the time No-Dec rolls around he should be in fine form. Of course he will get beaten but they all do.

philfree
09-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Didn't I read that during the suspension that Warfield can't practice with the team, and that he was considering going someplace like Arizona(?) to work out at some facilities there while he was out?

Sompin like that. He was allowed in all the offseason stuff but he can't practice with the team while he's suspended. I think he can go to meetings and such at Arrowhead though. Welbourn on the other hand because of the nature of his suspension can't even come to the facility. I believe that's right anyways. Warfield is a seasoned vet so two weeks of practice time before we play the Skins(I think it's the Skins without looking at the schedule) should be plenty of time for him to be ready.

Taco John
09-14-2005, 08:03 PM
As far as his return to the team goes, I think he'll have one of his better years considering he's no longer a #1. He'll be against lesser WRs, which should help him out.

Son of Logical
09-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Hmmm? I thought D.V. said that Welbourn and Warfields suspension were different because Warfield could practice with the team.

morphius
09-14-2005, 08:09 PM
I'm just hoping in the two weeks he is able to practice that he takes back his number two spot. I just hope playing with the third string all summer won't come back to haunt us.

OldTownChief
09-14-2005, 08:11 PM
As far as his return to the team goes, I think he'll have one of his better years considering he's no longer a #1. He'll be against lesser WRs, which should help him out.

Yes and everyone knows you're always right on when it comes to football.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8895/tjsig8xr.jpg

Taco John
I'm just hoping in the two weeks he is able to practice that he takes back his number two spot. I just hope playing with the third string all summer won't come back to haunt us.

Is there really any need to rush him into the lineup? I guess that's what you'll find out over these next three weeks...

Deberg_1990
I'm just hoping in the two weeks he is able to practice that he takes back his number two spot.

How hard is it to steal McSuckOn's job really??

morphius
09-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Is there really any need to rush him into the lineup? I guess that's what you'll find out over these next three weeks...
Yes. The advantage is he comes back the week of the bye, so he gets that week and the week after to practice. McCleon is a nickel back at best.

philfree
09-14-2005, 08:19 PM
How hard is it to steal McSuckOn's job really??

He's a DV pet so it might not be a sure thing. I think the coach said as much in a Q&A here while back. It might have motivational but in the end we know who makes this decision and that's Gun. I believe he'll take the 6' CB orver the 5'10" CB any day. He had Battle as the $.05 until he was injured.....nuff said!

jiveturkey
09-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Hmmm? I thought D.V. said that Welbourn and Warfields suspension were different because Warfield could practice with the team.
They're different because Welbourne can't be at the facilities at all.

nychief
09-14-2005, 08:25 PM
He will win defensive MVP.

philfree
09-14-2005, 08:31 PM
They're different because Welbourne can't be at the facilities at all.

What he said! Well I think I said it first but it don't matter.

cmh6476
09-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Also, I think he makes this defense extremely better, in a hurry! We have some talent up front on the line that can plug holes and put some pressure on teh QB. We have loads of talent and speed at the LB position. We have three good safeties, and with Warfield we have two proven corners IMO.

Let McSuckit!, Sapp and Washington fight over the Nickel job over the next 3 weeks :thumb:

jidar
09-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Is there a different Eric Warfield on your team that I don't know about? Because the one I know has been serviceable, but this is the first I've ever seen him described here as solid.

Then I don't think you've been paying attention. Although it's not saying much he was one of the better peices of the D last season. I'm not the only person on here who thinks hes a decent corner.

PastorMikH
09-14-2005, 08:46 PM
I think Warfield will be fine at #2. Even if he's half the CB he was last year, we're better off with him than we are with McCleon.

Eleazar
09-14-2005, 09:43 PM
He had maybe his best year as a Chief last year. I'll be happy for him to come back. I don't think we will see our D at its best until we see what the Surtain/Warfield combo can do for the passing game.

As for his suspension, I thought he could work out and be at the facility but not participate in practice with the team but do individual work with coaches. Could be wrong about that.

KCChiefsMan
09-14-2005, 09:58 PM
I think he'll be fine across the field from Surtain, he'll be a very capable #2 CB

Wallcrawler
09-14-2005, 10:07 PM
What is with all this hatred toward Mcleon? Are you people even watching the games?

Last I looked, Justin Mcariens was held to 39 yards. Mcleon did his job. Mcleon was not torched over the top, time after time, for easy score after score like people were predicting he would.

If you absolutely have to bitch, piss, whine and moan about someone, you could be directing that bile toward someone who actually deserves it.

Like....

Dewayne Washington, for example.

He's the only Chiefs corner I saw against the Jets that was getting smoked like a pack of KOOLs. Fortunately for the Chiefs, Laverneus Coles couldnt seem to catch a cold on Sunday let alone a TD pass and also fortunate that Surtain is practicing without limitations.

Mcleon was not the easy target that all of his haters made him out to be.

As for Warfield, when he gets back he will be an insane upgrade over Dewayne Washington, so the Chiefs will be much better in the secondary.

philfree
09-14-2005, 10:21 PM
What is with all this hatred toward Mcleon? Are you people even watching the games?

Last I looked, Justin Mcariens was held to 39 yards. Mcleon did his job. Mcleon was not torched over the top, time after time, for easy score after score like people were predicting he would.

If you absolutely have to bitch, piss, whine and moan about someone, you could be directing that bile toward someone who actually deserves it.

Like....

Dewayne Washington, for example.

He's the only Chiefs corner I saw against the Jets that was getting smoked like a pack of KOOLs. Fortunately for the Chiefs, Laverneus Coles couldnt seem to catch a cold on Sunday let alone a TD pass and also fortunate that Surtain is practicing without limitations.

Mcleon was not the easy target that all of his haters made him out to be.

As for Warfield, when he gets back he will be an insane upgrade over Dewayne Washington, so the Chiefs will be much better in the secondary.

IMO Sexy Dexy has taken alot of heat that's ill deserved. Bartee was the one who got incenerated last year. Dex had a tough year but not near as bad as Bartee but it seems he's been pegion holed along with Bartee as terrible which is not accurate. Dex had 6 INTs the year before which is pretty damn good. We need Warfield back but McCleon isn't as bad as he gets ripped for being.

el borracho
09-14-2005, 11:11 PM
I imagine Warfield will get a lot of interceptions when he returns. He is agressive and solid.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2005, 02:59 AM

That's what I've been thinking.

Gaz
09-15-2005, 05:31 AM
If he is sober, he will be a fine #2 CB.

xoxo~
Gaz
Hopes the drunkard has learned his lesson.

penchief
09-15-2005, 11:38 AM
I've always thought that Eric could be a good cornerback if our front seven would get some pressure on the quarterback. I think he'll be just fine as the #2 and would be alright with Warfield defending some #1 receivers.

I think you're right. Warfield will look damn nice as a #2 considering the overall improvement of our front seven. I believe Warfield's return will be just what the doctor ordered. It will leave our defense with no obvious vulnerability to be exploited.

An excellent observation on your part.

dtebbe
09-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Better than McCleon and Washington, that's for sure!

DT

dtebbe
09-15-2005, 11:59 AM
I think you're right. Warfield will look damn nice as a #2 considering the overall improvement of our front seven. I believe Warfield's return will be just what the doctor ordered. It will leave our defense with no obvious vulnerability to be exploited.

An excellent observation on your part.

I also think he may give a little more effort to compete with Surtain for the #1 title. He may not have a shot, but if I were him I'd try my best to prove that I'm the #1 guy. He's been the best corner we've had for a long time, and hopefully he will try to prove that he still is.

DT