PDA

View Full Version : If we kept Dishman would we have beaten the Titans?

Chiefnj
09-13-2000, 02:33 PM
It seems to me that once Hasty went down with the toe injury and we were forced to play Warfield, Dennis, Wesley, etc., we went to a soft zone coverage and stopped blitzing Tenn. Kurt didn't want to leave his young DB's in man to man coverage so he didn't blitz. If we had kept Dishman could we have still brought the pressure on O'Donnell? Couldn't Gray play man to man? Why is he still on our roster if we are willing to play a group of rookies together and risk losing the game?

AZChief
09-13-2000, 04:05 PM
That's an interesting question that I don't know the answer to. However, I do believe if Dish was still on the roster Kurt would've had more confidence and played more man on man defense. Would Dishman have played solid or just get called for pass interference is anyones guess.

I must admit, I like Gun getting all the young kids out there on defense and realize they need a little help. We are going to have some tough Sundays until they mature but I'll wait. I've got know other choice! It's time to find out who the next Hasty's and Carter's are. These growing pains wouldn't be nearly as painful if our Offense wasn't so inept.

------------------
AZChief

Remember Kansas City's hero, Joe Delaney #37.

KC Jones
09-13-2000, 04:18 PM
There are zone blitzes too. Most teams handle them with a pass to the RB in the flat. When they're out of timeouts and the clock is running that shouldn't worry you too much. So, why didn't we zone blitz?

Luzap
09-13-2000, 04:22 PM
The only thing it would have changed was the attitude of the DC.

The point is well made that the play calling should not have been altered because of their rookie status ~ the bast call for the situation should have been made and our players should have been given the opportunity to live up to that.

The same should be said about Elvis. he should be given the opportunity to pass Defenses out of 8-in-a-box mentalities.

Luz
doesn't favor protectionism in football or politics...

Clint in Wichita
09-14-2000, 09:05 AM
IMO Dennis is better than Dishman right now. Dishman would've gift-wrapped a TD for the Titans...a meltdown by Kurt wouldn't have been necessary.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

Snapper
09-14-2000, 12:01 PM
Bull Butter!

King_Chief_Fan
09-14-2000, 12:08 PM
The answer may be no. I work with some Viking fans and they asked me to contact Peterson and take Dishman back. They are not impressed. Too much cushin and when pressed get the infamous interference or holding call. Dishman's days in football are behind him.

------------------

Would rather be golfing