PDA

View Full Version : Holthus on Des Moines radio...

htismaqe
09-16-2005, 08:04 AM
Not much that we haven't already heard.

The KC CB's WILL NOT play one-on-one coverage. Each will have a side and they will stay there. They'll run some 3-4 and try to put pressure on the QB from the LB spot, but they definitely won't be using DB's to blitz this week.

htismaqe
09-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Almost forgot.

Even though Sims is out, Siavii will be inactive for the game.

:cuss:

Iowanian
09-16-2005, 08:05 AM
He say anything about Sims?

htismaqe
09-16-2005, 08:06 AM
They still don't have anything definitive, but it does look like he will miss significant time.

tyton75
09-16-2005, 08:08 AM
I'm fine with Dalton taking over the spot... more burst... with Browning next to him.. I think we would be ok

Hammock Parties
09-16-2005, 08:12 AM
So our defensive tackle rotation is Dalton, Browning and Jimmy Wilkerson?

I hope the offense wins time of possession. :shake:

Hoover
09-16-2005, 08:12 AM
Any word on Papa Johns Pizza? Will theybe able to play?

The Bad Guy
09-16-2005, 08:16 AM
The Chiefs should really look at Cletius Hunt from GB.

Eleazar
09-16-2005, 08:18 AM
Why did he say Siavii would be inactive?

Forget about making a contribution, we can't even get the guy to wear pads :(

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2005, 08:22 AM

The KC CB's WILL NOT play one-on-one coverage. Each will have a side and they will stay there. They'll run some 3-4 and try to put pressure on the QB from the LB spot, but they definitely won't be using DB's to blitz this week.

Which means we'll blitz, blitz, and blitz. And play man coverage.

I don't trust Mitch. He's lost it.

StcChief
09-16-2005, 08:32 AM
This could be a real issue as they will be running at the weak link. Lot of LB help.

the Talking Can
09-16-2005, 08:44 AM
we have no backups at DT, essentially....Wilkerson plays there on certain 3rd downs, I think....please god, put Siavii on IR and go get a ****ing DT....Siavii is a fat worthless loser...

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2005, 08:45 AM
we have no backups at DT, essentially....Wilkerson plays there on certain 3rd downs, I think....please god, put Siavii on IR and go get a ****ing DT....Siavii is a fat worthless loser...

And he's Samoan!!! :cuss:

ChiTown
09-16-2005, 08:49 AM
Interesting.

So, we lose Sims, and Siavii won't be active? Did I miss something, or did we bring in another DT while I wasn't looking? If not, we're like Church-League short in the DT department. :cuss:

Big Slick
09-16-2005, 08:49 AM

But thanks to poor drafting, we don't have anybody ready to take over for Mitch. Dammit Carl! Maybe we could trade him to FOX and get Harlan back? Ooohhh Baabbyy, what a PLAY!!! :clap:

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2005, 08:50 AM
Interesting.

So, we lose Sims, and Siavii won't be active? Did I miss something, or did we bring in another DT while I wasn't looking? If not, we're like Church-League short in the DT department. :cuss:

Slobgobblintittiebobblin-chittytittiebangbangf#ck is on the way!!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2005, 08:51 AM
But thanks to poor drafting, we don't have anybody ready to take over for Mitch. Dammit Carl! Maybe would could trade him to FOX and get Harlan back? Ooohhh Baabbyy, what a PLAY!!! :clap:

I love Harlan. I wish he never left.

I don't think Mitch has the voice or the charisma that Harlan had and was ticked when I heard Mitch call a game for the first time.

Mitch sucks.

Hammock Parties
09-16-2005, 08:52 AM
I love Harlan. I wish he never left.

I don't think Mitch has the voice or the charisma that Harlan had and was ticked when I heard Mitch call a game for the first time.

Mitch sucks.

I disagree. I love Mitch. Everytime I hear Harlan doing a Chiefs game for CBS he sounds robotic.

Big Slick
09-16-2005, 08:55 AM
I disagree. I love Mitch. Everytime I hear Harlan doing a Chiefs game for CBS he sounds robotic.

That's because Harlan has to stay impartial on the network. When he did Chiefs games as the hometown guy, he puts Mitch to shame. I don't hate Mitch, but Harlan rocked as a homer!

Hammock Parties
09-16-2005, 08:58 AM
That's because Harlan has to stay impartial on the network. When he did Chiefs games as the hometown guy, he puts Mitch to shame. I don't hate Mitch, but Harlan rocked as a homer!

Hmmm, good point. I still love Mitch's touchdown calls.

Cormac
09-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Our D-line was our weakness before the season started, now it's a joke. I can't understand the lack of urgency on the part of the FO. We usually carry 5 DTs and 4 DEs. Going into this game we have 2 DTs (with Wilkerson rotating inside as b/u)! I guess we'll be playing a lot of 3-4 defense (moving Bell up to the line, and playing Fox as ROLB?), or we'll have a lot of 4-3 with Allen and Hall. The one good thing is that both of those scenarios give us tons of speed. It's surprising that the FO hasn't moved to add to the DT depth (even bringing back Sharpe), but they seem comfortable. Gun must have a master plan rounding into shape :hmmm:

Hammock Parties
09-16-2005, 09:12 AM
I don't know HTF we're going to stop the run when we meet up with a massive offensive line.

Inspector
09-16-2005, 09:14 AM
On 610 or 810 (can't remember which) they said it was possible that Sims could miss a lot of the season with his foot injury.

I thought it was a sprain. Seems like he should be able to get back quicker than that...But, I'm no expert.

Eleazar
09-16-2005, 09:20 AM
Did any of them say WHY Siavii wouldn't be active? He's not even listed on the injury report.

I am sure Holthus knows what he's talking about but I find it hard to believe.

ChiTown
09-16-2005, 09:29 AM
Our D-line was our weakness before the season started, now it's a joke. I can't understand the lack of urgency on the part of the FO. We usually carry 5 DTs and 4 DEs. Going into this game we have 2 DTs (with Wilkerson rotating inside as b/u)! I guess we'll be playing a lot of 3-4 defense (moving Bell up to the line, and playing Fox as ROLB?), or we'll have a lot of 4-3 with Allen and Hall. The one good thing is that both of those scenarios give us tons of speed. It's surprising that the FO hasn't moved to add to the DT depth (even bringing back Sharpe), but they seem comfortable. Gun must have a master plan rounding into shape :hmmm:

Call me crazy, but I think we might see Hicks slide inside from time to time...........at least until we establish some additional depth. This is a joke.

DaKCMan AP
09-16-2005, 09:39 AM
Call me crazy, but I think we might see Hicks slide inside from time to time...........at least until we establish some additional depth. This is a joke.

a 280lb interior lineman? :spock:

Chiefnj
09-16-2005, 09:42 AM
a 280lb interior lineman? :spock:

Wilkerson is about 280 also.

alanm
09-16-2005, 09:46 AM

Which means they'll be sending guys every other play. :)

DaKCMan AP
09-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Wilkerson is about 280 also.

he's also 6-2 whereas hicks is 6-6.

Chiefnj
09-16-2005, 09:49 AM
I wonder if Hicks will be able to sack up and beat Tony Mandarich Jr.

alanm
09-16-2005, 09:49 AM
Oh Gawd, We're doomed!! :banghead:

ChiTown
09-16-2005, 10:00 AM
he's also 6-2 whereas hicks is 6-6.

When you have Chicken Shit, you have to find a way to make Chicken Salad. I hear ya, but don't be surprised if that actually happens.

redfan
09-16-2005, 10:16 AM
I think Jr's still got the gimpy knee from earlier in the pre-season. At this point, he's a major bust.

Mecca
09-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Going into a game with 2 DT's sounds like a really stupid idea to me.......

BigChiefFan
09-16-2005, 10:41 AM
I think we planned to use alot of 3-4 in this game anyway. I'm not as concerned about the D-line as some are.

HemiEd
09-16-2005, 10:43 AM
So does anyone know where Eddie Freeman is hanging out now? We are doomed for sure.

Rukdafaidas
09-16-2005, 10:52 AM
I"m MUCH more worried about missing Roaf than I am Sims. But, I do wish Sims was healthy.
Without Roaf, our offense is very limited.

alanm
09-16-2005, 10:55 AM
I think Jr's still got the gimpy knee from earlier in the pre-season. At this point, he's a major bust.
Have we had a 2nd rnd pick who hasn't been a complete and utter bust in the past 10 yrs. The jury is still out on Wilson. :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:

Cormac
09-16-2005, 10:55 AM
When you have Chicken Shit, you have to find a way to make Chicken Salad. I hear ya, but don't be surprised if that actually happens.

I agree ChiTown. We used to use Holliday inside a good deal too. Not that that was a good idea (blech), but it can be done in a pinch. And we're in a pinch.

alanm
09-16-2005, 10:57 AM
I"m MUCH more worried about missing Roaf than I am Sims. But, I do wish Sims was healthy.
Black is going to be fine at LT. Besides he's the heir apparent at LT after Willie retires anyway. :thumb:

Cormac
09-16-2005, 10:58 AM

No doubt Roaf is a huge cog in the offense, but I'd be sorely disappointed if we were that limited without him. We still should have too many weapons to counteract his absence. If we don't, we're just a paper tiger. I'm sure Al Saunders has other phases of his game he can use to keep the defense off Trent, and help the running game to the left side. He'd better. Besides, we still have Jason Dunn (and hopefully T-Rich) to help on that side if necessary. If we still can't run, we're not nearly as good as we think we are. JMO.

htismaqe
09-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Which means we'll blitz, blitz, and blitz. And play man coverage.

Mitch has been 100% dead-on since I started listening to him on KXNO a month ago. He predicted the Larry Johnson explosion. He predicted the Griffin ascension and the trading of Fujita.

He's nailed just about everything so far.

htismaqe
09-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Which means they'll be sending guys every other play. :)

Oh, we're gonna blitz and blitz often. He never said we wouldn't. We just won't be sending safeties or nickel corners, we'll be sending Kendrell Bell or DJ...

htismaqe
09-16-2005, 11:05 AM
By the way, one other tidbit I remembered:

Peterson was trying frantically to get ahold of Saunders during the last 2 minutes of the 1st half against the Jets...

Black got beat twice by Abraham and Green took a couple of shots...apparently Carl was agitated, saying something about "that's our season" and "take a knee"...

siberian khatru
09-16-2005, 11:08 AM
By the way, one other tidbit I remembered:

Peterson was trying frantically to get ahold of Saunders during the last 2 minutes of the 1st half against the Jets...

Black got beat twice by Abraham and Green took a couple of shots...apparently Carl was agitated, saying something about "that's our season" and "take a knee"...

I think most of us were yelling the same thing.

Hammock Parties
09-16-2005, 11:08 AM
I was pretty pissed about that series of plays. There was less than a minute left.

I think Al was trying to sneak in some practice for the passing offense there. Stupid.

Chiefnj
09-16-2005, 11:17 AM
You'd think at a minimum they'd put a DT on the practice squad.

TEX
09-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Almost forgot.

Even though Sims is out, Siavii will be inactive for the game.

:cuss:

ROFL That just shows how much of a total POS Siavii is....

TEX
09-16-2005, 11:32 AM
The Chiefs should really look at Cletius Hunt from GB.

Or the Burger King. Though that guy is really creepy.

TEX
09-16-2005, 11:35 AM

How were we so lucky to draft the only Samoan who can't play football? :shake: