PDA

View Full Version : Black has the flu

the Talking Can
09-16-2005, 10:09 AM
according to 610

just peachy...it figures we'd fix the D and then have never ending problems with the OL...Welbourne/Roaf/Sampson/Black...damn

ct
09-16-2005, 10:13 AM
geez, our O-Line has become a hospital ward

Sam
09-16-2005, 10:13 AM
And Waters is having back spasms again.

alpha_omega
09-16-2005, 10:21 AM
He'll be fine....lots of fluids over the next couple of days.

mac58
09-16-2005, 10:21 AM
the flew. he better man up

Bob Dole
09-16-2005, 10:28 AM
NFL players play with the flu all the time.

jynni
09-16-2005, 10:29 AM
It's not even flu season! He must have a really Raiders immune system to get the flu in mid September when the weather is nice.

Mecca
09-16-2005, 10:29 AM
Hopefully he has the 1 day flu, that would be alot better than him playing with the flu.

JimNasium
09-16-2005, 10:30 AM
It's prolly not the flu. My guess is it's an intestinal virus or the common cold.

MOhillbilly
09-16-2005, 10:31 AM
local radio is saying its the H5N1 flu.

mrbiggz
09-16-2005, 10:36 AM
h5n1 is the bird flu. I doubt he has that

Cormac
09-16-2005, 10:39 AM

ROFL. That sounds like a Keitzman comment.

Tinlar
09-16-2005, 10:46 AM
IVs and an O2 mask on game day... he'll play.

Iowanian
09-16-2005, 11:02 AM
The good news is, its friday....and if its a 24hr bug...he should have time to get his fluids back, and strength....by Sunday NIGHT.

There is a bug going around my area now...Not horrible...just the apple splatters from what I hear.

Bob Dole
09-16-2005, 11:15 AM
The good news is, its friday....and if its a 24hr bug...he should have time to get his fluids back, and strength....by Sunday NIGHT.

There is a bug going around my area now...Not horrible...just the apple splatters from what I hear.

The same thing is going around here and appears to be gone after a day.

ChiefsCountry
09-16-2005, 11:17 AM
The same thing is going around here and appears to be gone after a day.

Same thing hit the here as well. Viral type flu.

Hydrae
09-16-2005, 11:19 AM
It's prolly not the flu. My guess is it's an intestinal virus or the common cold.

Nah, it's just nerves knowing the size of the shoes he will be trying to fill this weekend. ;)

Chiefnj
09-16-2005, 11:25 AM
Which starter is Bober replacing this Sunday?

My question arises from this:

Q: Chris Bober was saying that when he was with the Giants in their Super Bowl season they got to learn from a lot of experienced guys and then within two years they were starters. Can you see that type of transition here?

VERMEIL: “I think we have some young players who are definitely going to be starters. Some of them already have. Jordan Black has started two games last year and now this year. Kevin Sampson has started for us and was slated to be our starting right tackle. Chris Bober has started for us and probably will start Sunday. Chris Bober was given the offensive game ball last week for going in and playing right tackle (vs. the Jets). He had played center, left guard, and right guard and right tackle all the previous week. He’s a very unselfish hard-working guy, not a complainer. Just wants to make a contribution to winning and help us have a successful season.”

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2005, 11:31 AM
He had the flu yesterday as well.

htismaqe
09-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Which starter is Bober replacing this Sunday?

My question arises from this:

Q: Chris Bober was saying that when he was with the Giants in their Super Bowl season they got to learn from a lot of experienced guys and then within two years they were starters. Can you see that type of transition here?

VERMEIL: “I think we have some young players who are definitely going to be starters. Some of them already have. Jordan Black has started two games last year and now this year. Kevin Sampson has started for us and was slated to be our starting right tackle. Chris Bober has started for us and probably will start Sunday. Chris Bober was given the offensive game ball last week for going in and playing right tackle (vs. the Jets). He had played center, left guard, and right guard and right tackle all the previous week. He’s a very unselfish hard-working guy, not a complainer. Just wants to make a contribution to winning and help us have a successful season.”

It's still not 100% that Sampson can go...

Rain Man
09-16-2005, 11:48 AM

Time to break out the NFL rules for "Emergency Redraft in the Event of an Air Crash or Other Catastrophic Roster Loss."