PDA

View Full Version : Pasquarelli: Sims out 6 weeks

Marco Polo
09-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Sorry if this is a repost

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2163568

Starting defensive tackle Ryan Sims might miss the rest of the season, Kansas City Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil has acknowledged, because of a severe foot injury suffered on the first series of the team's season-opening victory over the New York Jets last week.

Ryan Sims
Sims

The fourth-year veteran was officially listed as doubtful on the Chiefs' injury report Thursday but will not play in Sunday night's game at Oakland. Sims might not return to the field until about midseason, if then.

"We lost Ryan Sims for a minimum probably of six weeks, and it may be for the season, you never know," Vermeil said. "And he was really having a great camp and preseason. He was playing extremely well when he went down early."

Sims, 25, sought a second opinion earlier this week on an injury in which two bones at the top of his foot were separated. The injury has been termed a sprain, not a break. The course of treatment is not yet known. If Sims is forced to undergo surgery, his season likely will be over.

The Chiefs' first-round choice in the 2002 draft, and the sixth player selected overall that year, Sims has been a bit of a disappointment for the Chiefs in his first three seasons. This year was regarded as a critical season for him.

The former North Carolina Tar Heel missed much of his rookie season because of a lengthy contract impasse. Over the last two seasons, he started 29 games, but his 2004 tackle total fell to 30, after Sims posted 83 the previous season. For his career, Sims has 127 tackles, five sacks and 26 quarterback pressures.

Junior Siavii likely will replace Sims in the starting lineup.

htismaqe
09-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Well, he's not out 6 weeks. Fatass is just quoting Vermeil, and Vermeil STILL DOESN'T KNOW.

I'm guessing that the guy will miss 6-8 weeks now, after everything I've heard. I don't think he's done for the season.

And he ended the article by mentioning Siavii will replace him. The guy doesn't know jack shit about the Chiefs...

Hammock Parties
09-16-2005, 01:18 PM
Well, this sucks.

But it's certainly not the end of the world.

Hopefully Sims is back just as we start our playoff push.

Dave Lane
09-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Well, he's not out 6 weeks. Fatass is just quoting Vermeil, and Vermeil STILL DOESN'T KNOW.

I'm guessing that the guy will miss 6-8 weeks now, after everything I've heard. I don't think he's done for the season.

And he ended the article by mentioning Siavii will replace him. The guy doesn't know jack shit about the Chiefs...

Time for the 3-4 about 60% of the time. Have the LBs run blitz on most plays but alternate them so they don't know if or who...

Dave

BigRedChief
09-16-2005, 01:20 PM
Junior Siavii likely will replace Sims in the starting lineup.
WTF did this come from? Any local confirmation of this?

jynni
09-16-2005, 01:20 PM
The former North Carolina Tar Heel missed much of his rookie season because of a lengthy contract impasse.
I thought it was a dislocated elbow?

chief99
09-16-2005, 01:22 PM
Someone mentioned Fatafehi.

Bob Dole
09-16-2005, 01:29 PM
"Bit of a disappointment" is putting it lightly.

The guy can't stay healthy long enough to do jack shit.

Dr. Chief
09-16-2005, 01:36 PM
Not sure why he's reporting this in the first place. He's normally got his head crammed up the east coast teams asses.

teedubya
09-16-2005, 01:38 PM

The media keeps getting this all wrong... its a dislocated LABIA. he will be out indefinitely.

bkkcoh
09-16-2005, 01:41 PM
The media keeps getting this all wrong... its a dislocated LABIA. he will be out indefinitely.

Atleast it is just a flesh wound.... :p

ct
09-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Time for the 3-4 about 60% of the time. Have the LBs run blitz on most plays but alternate them so they don't know if or who...

Dave

We can get away with the 3-4 on occasion, but on a more regular basis as you suggest, we are really rolling the dice considering who that DT would be. Dalton, Browning, Siavii(if he could ever get on the field) just don't cut it. We need a wide body with an attitude.

Lzen
09-16-2005, 02:05 PM

Yeah, there was a long contract holdout. When he finally got there around the time of the first game of the season (maybe week 2), Vermeil made a point that he was fat and out of shape. He ended up getting injured against the Chargers about week 6 or so. And yeah, it was something to do with his elbow.

BigChiefFan
09-16-2005, 02:05 PM
I hope he isn't out long, we could use all the help we can get on the D-line.

htismaqe
09-16-2005, 02:08 PM
WTF did this come from? Any local confirmation of this?

Holthus said this morning that Siavii would likely be inactive vs. the Raiders...

gblowfish
09-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Holthus said this morning that Siavii would likely be inactive vs. the Raiders...Ah....SPIT!!!!

BigChiefFan
09-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Holthus said this morning that Siavii would likely be inactive vs. the Raiders...
Junior really needs to get his ass on the field if he's going to learn how to play at this level. I can see not starting him, but making him inactive speaks volumes about his play. I can't believe he's a 2nd rounder, who can't even be activated due to injuries. What a waste.

ct
09-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Junior really needs to get his ass on the field if he's going to learn how to play at this level. I can see not starting him, but making him inactive speaks volumes about his play. I can't believe he's a 2nd rounder, who can't even be activated due to injuries. What a waste.

Agree, we all do, but ain't chit we can do about that right now. Sure wish our FO would get us some depth. It's crazy to go into an NFL game, don't care who you're playin, with Dalton and Browning as your only true DTs. Hell even Browning is a tweener type, so is your 3rd guy in the rotation with Wilkerson.