PDA

View Full Version : FFL Trade Advice

Simplex3
09-17-2005, 02:06 AM
So as some of you know I missed every game last week except for the Pats/Raiders because I was traveling for work. Because of that I have NO idea if this trade is good for me:

Eagles DST & Todd Heap come to me in trade for Warrick Dunn.

I have Priest, Kevin Jones, and Tatum Bell for my other backs so that might leave me slightly thin at backup and probably hosed if Priest goes down.

I have the Washington DST already, the Eagles would be nice so that I could play matchups with two of the best D's in the league. Right now I'm taking a longshot with Alex Smith, the Tampa TE, but I think Heap may be as big a longshot with Boller throwing him the ball.

Anything I'm not considering here?

Miles
09-17-2005, 03:37 AM
Dont trade a viable RB for a DST and TE. Dunn has more trade value that that.

Rausch
09-17-2005, 04:43 AM
Never make a trade, ANY trade, before week 4....

chagrin
09-17-2005, 05:43 AM
Isn't Boller injured? If he stays on the bench, Wright throws the long ball more, and can run himself. I would keep Warrick. RBs too valuable to let go for an interchangeable D

Mile High Mania
09-17-2005, 06:07 AM
Boller is injured and Wright is starting for now... I think that actually helps Heap and Mason. RBs - you have to go with Holmes and Jones.

There is no way in hell I give up Dunn for Heap and a defense... I don't give up Dunn if it's for Gonzo and the Ravens. RBs are too much of a need to trade for that... and Dunn is good.

I wouldn't say "never" trade prior to week 4, there are some owners that make hurried decisions. Last year, I was able to trade 'for' Peyton in Week 3. It's too early to freak out, so from that point, I agree with you.

Simplex3
09-17-2005, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, in week one there were only two out of 12 teams that scored more than I did and I just happened to be playing one of them, damnit. Worst part was that if Favre had put up more than6 points (he scored 2) or if TO had managed one TD I'd have won.

I do hate losing in week 1.

BigVE
09-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Ok, Im going completely the other direction with this one: I would do the trade. Dunn's FANTASY value isnt as high as is presumed by some on here IMO. Duckett steals the goalline carries, Vick steals carries too, Dunn gets whats left. He may be a 3rd RB at best. Phillys D on the other hand has the potential to score in double digits each and every week and Todd Heap is just gravy on top of that. If you are/were desperate for a RB then I would say stay with Dunn but your not so I would do the deal.