PDA

View Full Version : How Fugged Up Is This?

Bwana
09-17-2005, 06:48 PM
I just got back from my sons little guy football game, good times. At the end of the game the two coaches got into a fist fight. It seems coach "A" ran up the score at the end of the game with a 33 point lead and coach "B" didn't warm up to the idea. The other coaches run out and they start trading punchs. It gets better! Some of the parents from both sides start getting into it. An all out donnybrook ensues. I managed to stay out of it. One guy came up to me from the other team while all hell was breaking loose and looked me up and down like he wanted to fight. I told him, I'm only going to tell you this one time, don't even think about it. He walked off and started shit with someone else. The cops show up and start hauling people off including both head coaches. Interesting way to spend a Saturday afternoon :shake:

HolmeZz
09-17-2005, 06:53 PM
PUT THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN TO BED.

Bwana
09-17-2005, 06:55 PM
PUT THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN TO BED.

Say what?

Hammock Parties
09-17-2005, 06:56 PM
Did you bring a snack for the kids that wasn't on the pre-approved snack list?

Nzoner
09-17-2005, 06:57 PM
I can see it now,no more candy or caffeine sales after the 3rd quarter.

Bwana
09-17-2005, 06:58 PM
Did you bring a snack for the kids that wasn't on the pre-approved snack list?

Alaskan Amber? That could have been it. :hmmm:

chappy
i think those coaches owe alot of families an apology that is horriable sportsmanship for them to display they both should never have that chance again to show how stupid and shallow they really are.

Skip Towne
That guy should have decked you. :p

chiefs4me
09-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Been there...done that.....:p

tk13
09-17-2005, 06:59 PM
People are idiots, the best part is that the kids will grow up thinking it's alright to get in a fight over a freaking pee wee football game... idiots.

Bwana
09-17-2005, 07:00 PM
That guy should have decked you. :p

Yeah he should have. ROFL The old boy looked like the pillsbury dough boy with a Cowboys sweatshirt.

Nzoner
09-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Been there...done that.....:p

Why do I not find that surprising.

Bwana
09-17-2005, 07:02 PM
People are idiots, the best part is that the kids will grow up thinking it's alright to get in a fight over a freaking pee wee football game... idiots.

I already had a talk with my son about it and I am going to have a chat with the coach Monday.........if the dumbass is out of jail.

tk13
09-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Yeah he should have. ROFL The old boy looked like the pillsbury dough boy with a Cowboys sweatshirt.
A Cowboys sweatshirt? You shoulda decked him...

Bwana
09-17-2005, 07:05 PM
A Cowboys sweatshirt? You shoulda decked him...

It gets worse, I don't even want to admit who my son plays for. Let just say I showed up at the game in full Chiefs gear including my Holmes Jersey to ward off the bad mojo.

gblowfish
09-17-2005, 07:06 PM
When's the re-match?
Take a camcorder with you.
Marketing! Marketing!!

Nzoner
09-17-2005, 07:07 PM
It gets worse, I don't even want to admit who my son plays for. Let just say I showed up at the game in full Chiefs gear including my Holmes Jersey to ward off the bad mojo.

I think a raindance may have been in order as well.

tk13
09-17-2005, 07:07 PM
I already had a talk with my son about it and I am going to have a chat with the coach Monday.........if the dumbass is out of jail.
Yeah that kinda stuff just rubs me the wrong way. One time I was at a little league baseball game and this kid pitching threw real hard for that age, didn't have much accuracy. He was just having a bad day and after he hit his 3rd or 4th batter, one parent got so fed up with it he jumped the fence and actually charged the mound. Luckily the coaches and umps tackled him before he got there. Some people are nuts.

Bwana
09-17-2005, 07:08 PM
When's the re-match?
Take a camcorder with you.
Marketing! Marketing!!

Seriously, if someone had a camcorder rolling, it may show up on one of those reality "stupid people" TV shows........unreal. :shake:

chiefs4me
09-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Why do I not find that surprising.

:shrug:........sometimes I have a hard time, ah...restraining my emotions..;)

chiefs4me
09-17-2005, 07:14 PM

ROFL.......your son wears a raiders jersey...I know pee-wee football to well....you should of switched teams.

Bwana
09-17-2005, 07:15 PM
ROFL.......your son wears a raiders jersey...I know pee-wee football to well....you should switched teams.

Not the raiders.

chiefs4me
09-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Not the raiders.

well then it was the cowboys or chargers, because they all use the same names from state to state....

tk13
09-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Not the raiders.
Yuck. Sucks to be you. I bet the Crisco bills alone must be awful high.

Bwana
09-17-2005, 07:18 PM
well then it was the cowboys or chargers, because they all use the same names from state to state....

Nope MUCH worse.

Chief Roundup
09-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Yeah that kinda stuff just rubs me the wrong way. One time I was at a little league baseball game and this kid pitching threw real hard for that age, didn't have much accuracy. He was just having a bad day and after he hit his 3rd or 4th batter, one parent got so fed up with it he jumped the fence and actually charged the mound. Luckily the coaches and umps tackled him before he got there. Some people are nuts.
That one parent was out of line. But if he was doing that bad the coach should of pulled him or the ump should of made them change. As a parent I would of been saying, alright yelling, from the stands that he needs to be removed as the pitcher.

Bwana
09-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Yuck. Sucks to be you. I bet the Crisco bills alone must be awful high.

Da-Ding!

KcMizzou
09-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Da-Ding!Oh, for the love of....

:shake:

Chief Roundup
09-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Nope MUCH worse.
got to be the donkos

Bwana
09-17-2005, 07:23 PM
got to be the donkos
I seriously can't bring myself to yell GO BRONCOS! I say something like lets go D, or just lets go! Lets just say I sport full Chief gear to all the games.

tk13
09-17-2005, 07:23 PM
That one parent was out of line. But if he was doing that bad the coach should of pulled him or the ump should of made them change. As a parent I would of been saying, alright yelling, from the stands that he needs to be removed as the pitcher.
Well it was over like 6 innings. I really think he woulda gotten yanked after that last HBP anyway.. that was his 2nd of the inning if I recall right, and you could tell he was running out of gas. But it was a tournament and he was the best pitcher, so they were trying to ride him. I don't know, it's younger kids with less than perfect arm accuracy anyway, that's the risk you take playing baseball.

Skip Towne
09-17-2005, 07:26 PM
You wisley didn't f*ck him up. You'd be bailing out of jail and paying for his medical expenses.

Bwana
09-17-2005, 07:32 PM
You wisley didn't f*ck him up. You'd be bailing out of jail and paying for his medical expenses.
Exactly. If he would have come after me I would have played with him without trying to break any bones, but I think he picked up on the fact I wasn't worried about him and like I stated above, went and got into it with someone else.

I didn't have any burning desire to spend any time behind bars today so I'm glad it worked out that way.

Bottom Line.........Fat Boy in Cowboys Sweatshirt = not worth the trouble.

beer bacon
09-17-2005, 07:46 PM
i think those coaches owe alot of families an apology that is horriable sportsmanship for them to display they both should never have that chance again to show how stupid and shallow they really are.

The families probably don't mind since most of them jumped right in.

Chief Roundup
09-17-2005, 07:48 PM
I seriously can't bring myself to yell GO BRONCOS! I say something like lets go D, or just lets go! Lets just say I sport full Chief gear to all the games.
Best way to try and improve the mojo surrounding that team is to just keep doing what you are doing. :thumb:

Chief Roundup
09-17-2005, 07:51 PM
that's the risk you take playing baseball.
Yeah and the coach should of informed his players to protect themselves and that pitcher will walk in the winning runs.

Chief Roundup
09-17-2005, 07:52 PM
The families probably don't mind since most of them jumped right in.
They kind of showed they had the coaches back in a way.

jcl-kcfan2
09-17-2005, 07:53 PM
I just got back from my sons little guy football game, good times. At the end of the game the two coaches got into a fist fight. It seems coach "A" ran up the score at the end of the game with a 33 point lead and coach "B" didn't warm up to the idea. The other coaches run out and they start trading punchs. It gets better! Some of the parents from both sides start getting into it. An all out donnybrook ensues. I managed to stay out of it. One guy came up to me from the other team while all hell was breaking loose and looked me up and down like he wanted to fight. I told him, I'm only going to tell you this one time, don't even think about it. He walked off and started shit with someone else. The cops show up and start hauling people off including both head coaches. Interesting way to spend a Saturday afternoon :shake:

Are the scores a tie-breaker for the playoff seeding??

That might be why he ran the score up.

The rest of it, they are idiots.

Bwana
09-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Best way to try and improve the mojo surrounding that time is to just keep doing what you are doing. :thumb:

And call the Exorcist at the end of the season to make sure there is no Donk Mojo left. :D

Bwana
09-17-2005, 07:55 PM

No there isn't in this case and it was bush league to do that, but still not a reason for what happened.

Dartgod
09-17-2005, 07:58 PM

That might be why he ran the score up.

The rest of it, they are idiots.
Sounds like the post-game brawl is a tie breaker? :shrug:

jettio
09-17-2005, 07:59 PM
So did the little Bwana have a good game or is Mommy gonna have to get the tweezers and do some splinter removal.

It might be too early to label him a bust, but he sure has not been the immediate impact difference maker that Mel Kiper and Logical projected.

Bwana
09-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Sounds like the post-game brawl is a tie breaker? :shrug:

Yeah, the team that gets out of jail first wins.

DJay23
09-17-2005, 08:01 PM
The guy that picked the fight is a pussy. If you don't want the score "run up" on you, then stop the other team. Otherwise, take your medicine.

Bwana
09-17-2005, 08:03 PM
So did the little Bwana have a good game or is Mommy gonna have to get the tweezers and do some splinter removal.

It might be too early to label him a bust, but he sure has not been the immediate impact difference maker that Mel Kiper and Logical projected.

Little Bwana did have a good game under the circumstances. Little Bwana and Big Bwana both made it out of there without having to use one of our get out of jail free cards so it turned out reasonably well.

Dartgod
09-17-2005, 08:11 PM
DAMMIT, CARL!! :cuss:

Rain Man
09-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Nope MUCH worse.

I'm calling Social Services. You should be a better parent than that.

And by the way, what did you answer on the "favorite weapon" poll, and did you have it with you?

Chief Roundup
09-17-2005, 08:15 PM
DAMMIT, CARL!! :cuss:
ROFL

Bwana
09-17-2005, 08:19 PM
And by the way, what did you answer on the "favorite weapon" poll, and did you have it with you?

An AK-47 and yes. :)

Valiant
09-17-2005, 08:21 PM
No there isn't in this case and it was bush league to do that, but still not a reason for what happened.

Did the coaches not already like each other??? Because if I am coach and I hate the other coach I am going to run up the score as much as I can...

Bwana
09-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Did the coaches not already like each other??? Because if I am coach and I hate the other coach I am going to run up the score as much as I can...

They had never met.

Dartgod
09-17-2005, 08:23 PM
You realize the game is for the kids, don't you? It's an attitude like yours that sparked this idiocy in the first place. :shake:

Otter
09-17-2005, 08:26 PM
One guy came up to me from the other team while all hell was breaking loose and looked me up and down like he wanted to fight.

You would have scratched his eyes out. :D

I was friends with two guys in high school who had Dads like you mentioned. Both coaches and pushed their sons to the brink every week. Niether of them knew how to have a good time by thier senior year because they were so worried about living up to their old man's standards.

From what I've heard neither succeeded very far in college sports. Kinda a waste of youth on the parents side.

My old man seen me take a couple cheep shots and wanted to get involved and I always said "you'll be doing me alot more harm than good, let me handle it". Of course he already raised 5 kids by then and was more mellow.

Where along the line do parents forget the rules of high school? I feel bad for those kids come Monday.

Chief Roundup
09-17-2005, 08:27 PM
An AK-47 and yes. :)
Ahhhh yet another reason to be dressed in all Chief attire. To keep from wanting to kill ones self when having to root for the donkos ;)

Bwana
09-17-2005, 08:30 PM
Ahhhh yet another reason to be dressed in all Chief attire. To keep from wanting to kill ones self when having to root for the donkos ;)

Hmmm? you may have something there. :hmmm: It is a feeling that twists ones guts to have to root for the donks.

Valiant
09-17-2005, 08:35 PM
You realize the game is for the kids, don't you? It's an attitude like yours that sparked this idiocy in the first place. :shake:

(devils advocate)

the kids are learning competition, if they get their asses handed to them because of either the coach sucking or them sucking, live and learn... All I know is my kids will be loving it...

or anything can happen, the other team could have came back.. Does not take much to score points in peewee...

or maybe your kid should not be playing football... Not all kids are built to play football.. Sports are not created equal... Maybe tennis or bad-mitgon...

(/devils advocate)

------------------------------------------------------------------

This would be done only if I hated the coach though...

Valiant
09-17-2005, 08:35 PM
They had never met.

Yeah that guy was an ass then.. but what can you do???

Otter
09-17-2005, 08:37 PM
(devils advocate)

the kids are learning competition, if they get their asses handed to them because of either the coach sucking or them sucking, live and learn... All I know is my kids will be loving it...

or anything can happen, the other team could have came back.. Does not take much to score points in peewee...

or maybe your kid should not be playing football... Not all kids are built to play football.. Sports are not created equal... Maybe tennis or bad-mitgon...

(/devils advocate)

------------------------------------------------------------------

This would be done only if I hated the coach though...

I appreciate any sensible opinion but two words: "pee" "wee" football.

Bwana
09-17-2005, 08:39 PM
You would have scratched his eyes out. :D

Heh! ROFL

jettio
09-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Little Bwana did have a good game under the circumstances. Little Bwana and Big Bwana both made it out of there without having to use one of our get out of jail free cards so it turned out reasonably well.

That is definitely an ascending player who fits the profile.

Let us know if he has any "inside" advice regarding next week's point spread.

There is money to be made investing in the youth of today.

Otter
09-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Heh! ROFL

I make those joke here because I figure by the time you get to PA you'll be too tired to give me an atomic wedgie and I'll get off with buying you a couple beers.

Notice how I shy away from these remarks when we're isolated out on a fishing stream somwhere in bumphuck west.

:Poke:

Bwana
09-17-2005, 08:46 PM
I make those joke here because I figure by the time you get to PA you'll be too tired to give me an atomic wedgie and I'll get off with buying you a couple beers.

Notice how I shy away from these remarks when we're isolated out on a fishing stream somwhere in bumphuck west.

:Poke:

Indeed, a man can get "lost" back in those mountains. :hmmm:

Valiant
09-17-2005, 08:48 PM
I appreciate any sensible opinion but two words: "pee" "wee" football.

Thats nice and all but sensible cannot be used when talking about football..

You are having kids play a violent sport, hell you been to a game to watch the chiefs and get worked up into a frenzy... Same happens at all levels, to say it shouldnt have been done is not the rational thought in football... If you do not want your kids or other kids to witness this, they should not be playing football because it is only going to get worse..

Frazod
09-17-2005, 08:55 PM
Reason No. 7,206 not to have kids. :spock:

Iowanian
09-17-2005, 08:55 PM
rediculous.

Should have turned Icebox loose on those dumbasses.

chiefs4me
09-17-2005, 09:02 PM

You are having kids play a violent sport, hell you been to a game to watch the chiefs and get worked up into a frenzy... Same happens at all levels, to say it shouldnt have been done is not the rational thought in football... If you do not want your kids or other kids to witness this, they should not be playing football because it is only going to get worse..

oh yea...much worse......:D

Mr. Kotter
09-17-2005, 09:36 PM

Man, can't people just grow up a bit: for the kid's sake, if nothing else?

:shake:

I know, I know; but as childish and goofy as I can be, I'm pretty damned sure I wouldn't have been involved in something like THAT---especially since it's "real" life and all. :(

Otter
09-17-2005, 09:53 PM

Uh, huh. Last I played pee wee football the average age was 10 or 11 years old.

Never too early to start hammering "life's a bitch" down thier throats eh?

Otter
09-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Indeed, a man can get "lost" back in those mountains. :hmmm:

Game Warden: so you haven't seen Joe since early in the AM?
Bwana: nope, sure hope u guys find him though, he sure was funny

Bwana
09-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Game Warden: so you haven't seen Joe since early in the AM?
Bwana: nope, sure hope u guys find him though, he sure was funny

ROFL

I just love asking Game Wardens: "So, does anyone know your up here."

Simplex3
09-17-2005, 10:47 PM
So is running up the score on a bunch of kids you obviously outclass. Both coaches should get a beating.

Chief Henry
09-18-2005, 09:32 AM
I just love asking Game Wardens: "So, does anyone know your up here."

ROFL I know a couple of local game warden/park rangers...

I've got to use that line on them.