PDA

View Full Version : keg's crystal ball - week 2

keg in kc
09-17-2005, 09:07 PM
week 1 crystal ball (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=123649)

Time to fart in the wind again.

I'm bi-polar this weekend. I can see the game going a few different ways, and I can't for the life of me decide on one. I can see us winning in a blowout. I can see us winning a close game. I can see us losing a close game. Blah.

Time to choose.

After serious consideration - or flipping a coin - I have to say I'm leaning toward a loss.

I think we field a much stronger team then the Raiders. I think we win every possible positional matchup except their WRs against our secondary. Our front 7 is better than their o-line, backs and ends. Our o-line, backs and ends, even with Roaf out, are better than their front seven. Our receiver core is better than their secondary. From every angle I can think of, even with Moss in the equation, we should win this game.

But...it's the Raiders at the black hole in primetime. I think some funky shit's going to happen, and we'll weather the storm, but just won't quite have enough to pull through. I think we'll be sloppy, get a lot of penalties, and make a lot of mistakes. I think they'll (Oakland I mean) come apart at the seams in the second half, and give us every opportunity to win. But we'll fall just short at the end. It'll be karma's payback for 2003, when we stopped Tim Brown short of the goal line on Monday night, and then later in the year Morten Anderson kicked the game winner at Arrowhead with 4 seconds on the clock.

I think this is going to be one of those "sick feeling all week" games, one where we know we could have had it, that we let a great opportunity slip away from us.

28-27 Raiders.

Here's hoping I'm wrong again this week.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm having the same sort of feeling.

Hope I'm wrong.

HolmeZz
09-17-2005, 09:12 PM
You both suck.

teedubya
09-17-2005, 09:14 PM
neg rep to both of you negative cock suckers.

keg in kc
09-17-2005, 09:16 PM
Negative? Nah. I think we can win and should win. I just have a feeling this is going to be one of those games that leaves you scratching your head.

And I'm not the kind of dude who's going to post a homer "we win again cuz we r 1337!" thread for rep every week. I'll post what I think, win or lose, and, like it or not, we're going to lose some this year. Once or twice, maybe. So by all means rep away, although I'd rather you post something on here about what you think's going to happen.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2005, 09:19 PM
Sorry. I just have that sinking feeling. The black hole is a tough place to play. The Raiders usually win their home opener. It's Sunday night and they're coming off a loss. That seems like a large hill for KC to climb, especially with Randy Moss smoking pot on top of it.

4th and Long
Crystal ball? Please! Given your prediction, you need to change the thread title to "kegs magic 8 ball - week 2." :p

alanm
Not me, I'm not getting the negative vibes. I think the offense comes out smokin hot again and puts up the points. Raiders will probably put up lots of yards thru the air because they won't be able to run the ball. But I don't see them come within 10 pts of the Chiefs.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2005, 09:20 PM
Why is cocksucker censored but cock sucker isn't?

keg in kc
09-17-2005, 09:20 PM
They had a couple extra days of prep.

One the good side, they have a bunch of clowns for a coaching staff, and if we get them down early, they'll fold.

HolmeZz
09-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Should've said Randy Moss was smoking the hill.

keg in kc
09-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Crystal ball? Please! Given your prediction, you need to change the thread title to "kegs magic 8 ball - week 2." If you weren't a noob, you'd know "crystal ball" is a bit of a joke. :p

I've contended for a long, long time that you can't predict the outcome of games. There are too many random elements involved.

4th and Long
09-17-2005, 09:28 PM
If you weren't a noob, you'd know "crystal ball" is a bit of a joke. :p

I've contended for a long, long time that you can't predict the outcome of games. There are too many random elements involved.
If you old timers would make a thread with all the "old jokes" that aboud here, us "n00bs" wouldn't have to be in the dark. :p

By the way, did I just see you use a smilie?

*blink blink*

OMFG! I DID!

I think I may ... yes, I'm sure of it. I'm going to faint.
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8131/thud2vm.gif

keg in kc
09-17-2005, 09:32 PM
I'll occasionally use them when, after the fact, I realize something I said could come off as more abrasive than I intend.

StcChief
09-17-2005, 09:41 PM
F the Raiders. We'll pound on them and they'll fold like cheap lawn chair.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-17-2005, 10:23 PM
week 1 crystal ball (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=123649)

Time to fart in the wind again.

I'm bi-polar this weekend. I can see the game going a few different ways, and I can't for the life of me decide on one. I can see us winning in a blowout. I can see us winning a close game. I can see us losing a close game. Blah.

Time to choose.

After serious consideration - or flipping a coin - I have to say I'm leaning toward a loss.

I think we field a much stronger team then the Raiders. I think we win every possible positional matchup except their WRs against our secondary. Our front 7 is better than their o-line, backs and ends. Our o-line, backs and ends, even with Roaf out, are better than their front seven. Our receiver core is better than their secondary. From every angle I can think of, even with Moss in the equation, we should win this game.

But...it's the Raiders at the black hole in primetime. I think some funky shit's going to happen, and we'll weather the storm, but just won't quite have enough to pull through. I think we'll be sloppy, get a lot of penalties, and make a lot of mistakes. I think they'll (Oakland I mean) come apart at the seams in the second half, and give us every opportunity to win. But we'll fall just short at the end. It'll be karma's payback for 2003, when we stopped Tim Brown short of the goal line on Monday night, and then later in the year Morten Anderson kicked the game winner at Arrowhead with 4 seconds on the clock.

I think this is going to be one of those "sick feeling all week" games, one where we know we could have had it, that we let a great opportunity slip away from us.

28-27 Raiders.

Here's hoping I'm wrong again this week.

I feel good about this game, but I'm not going to get too high on it.

We should win this game, whether we do or not will be seen about 10:45pm CT tomorrow.

Nzoner
09-17-2005, 10:25 PM
I've said all along KC wins in a blowout,however,if you're prediction of 28-27 comes true at least I know I won't be alone when I start pacing the gameroom floor.

keg in kc
09-17-2005, 10:26 PM
I've said all along KC wins in a blowout,however,if you're prediction of 28-27 comes true at least I know I won't be alone when I start pacing the gameroom floor.I don't even want to think about that.

I can see a blowout. On top of a lack of talent, I think the raiders are an undiciplined team that would fold in the face of early adversity. If we get some early scores combined with some early stops, it's probably over.

Which is also why I see us not getting blown out. We don't get blown out often, and we're a team that can play from behind. I see Oakland as more all or nothing, and I think their all is only good enough to make it close. Although a blowout the other way is certainly feasible, if we trip over ourselves and turn it over early, helping a bad defense out.

Otter
09-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Raiders will be hungry from the NE stomping and lord knows this rivalry will bring out the best (is that possible) in them but I see a victory for red and gold in both my head and heart.

There's a reason I never bet on the Chiefs though; information overload from visiting here all the time.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-17-2005, 10:31 PM
Raiders will be hungry from the NE stomping and lord knows this rivalry will bring out the best (is that possible) in them but I see a victory for red and gold in both my head and heart.

There's a reason I never bet on the Chiefs though; information overload from visiting here all the time.

That's another thing too. The adrenaline rush, the loss they had against the Pats last week, home opener, rivalry - all those things should cause the Raiders to play better than they are. It was the case last year at the Broncos in the season opener. I thought and still do think we are better than them, but it was too much to overcome. Hopefully that's not the case. And if so, hopefully our play is better than their out of body experience play.

greg63
09-17-2005, 10:39 PM
If you old timers would make a thread with all the "old jokes" that aboud here, us "n00bs" wouldn't have to be in the dark. :p

By the way, did I just see you use a smilie?

*blink blink*

OMFG! I DID!

I think I may ... yes, I'm sure of it. I'm going to faint.
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8131/thud2vm.gif

Quick someone revive Planet Man, or else who will defend all us Plenetiers!!!!:p

Nzoner
09-17-2005, 10:50 PM
That's another thing too. The adrenaline rush, the loss they had against the Pats last week, home opener, rivalry - all those things should cause the Raiders to play better than they are.

While I agree with your take let's not forget it's a heated divsion rivalry for KC as well,plus it's a nationally televised game and I think our coaches and players are looking to make a statement to a national audience.Lastly,most of our players also have the added advantage of knowing they can win there since taking the last 2 in Oakland.

Yeah,I'm seeing the glass as half full,but if all else fails,just keep it close and wait for the Raiders to start accumulating the little yellow flags.

4th and Long
09-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Quick someone revive Planet Man, or else who will defend all us Plenetiers!!!!:p
*opens one eye* Shhhh ... I'm trying to take a nap over here. *closes eye and goes back to sleep*

:p

Chiefs Pantalones
09-17-2005, 10:54 PM
While I agree with your take let's not forget it's a heated divsion rivalry for KC as well,plus it's a nationally televised game and I think our coaches and players are looking to make a statement to a national audience.Lastly,most of our players also have the added advantage of knowing they can win there since taking the last 2 in Oakland.

Yeah,I'm seeing the glass as half full,but if all else fails,just keep it close and wait for the Raiders to start accumulating the little yellow flags.

True.

I think it's important we get up on them, they'll fall apart sooner that way.

mlyonsd
09-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Tomorrows game is simple. We start to find out where the Chiefs really are.

If we are outplayed and beaten by > 14 then we don't have it.

If we lose by < 10 we still don't know.

If we win by < 10 we probably still don't know.

If we win by > 14 we can start to feel good and look to week 3 for justification.

greg63
09-17-2005, 11:08 PM
*opens one eye* Shhhh ... I'm trying to take a nap over here. *closes eye and goes back to sleep*

:p...ooops, Sorry. Carry on. Good night Planet, I feel safe knowing that we are under the restful eye of Planet Man!

Hoover
09-17-2005, 11:20 PM
Firat off I think the so called "Black Hole" is Over rated. I think we will be fine if we make a commitment to the run, if we don't and Green throws the ball 30 times we will get beat in a shoot out.

I'm very worried about Porter in this game, I think he will be huge. If we can shut him down I think we will be fine, Moss will get his, its Porter we have to stop.

Otter
09-18-2005, 01:37 AM
That's another thing too. The adrenaline rush, the loss they had against the Pats last week, home opener, rivalry - all those things should cause the Raiders to play better than they are. It was the case last year at the Broncos in the season opener. I thought and still do think we are better than them, but it was too much to overcome. Hopefully that's not the case. And if so, hopefully our play is better than their out of body experience play.

Ah, all true. But Gun, who's been here since the Shotty days willl fire up the defense.

We're gonna kick some ass and take names.

el borracho
09-18-2005, 02:20 AM
My guess:

Green- 21 for 29, 290 yards, 3 touchdowns

Kennison- 3 catches, 50 yards,
Parker- 5 catches, 80 yards, 1 touchdown
Gonzalez- 4 catches, 50 yards, 1 touchdown
Wilson- 2 catches, 20 yards
Bo/Hall/miscellaneous- 8 catches, 90 yards

Holmes- 18 rushes, 70 yards, 1 touchdown
Johnson- 10 rushes, 60 yards, 1 touchdown (reception)

Tynes- 1 for 1, 4 extra points

Chiefs- 31
Raidurrs- 17

RealSNR
09-18-2005, 07:09 AM
I'm definitely not loving Keg's balls this week

Braincase
09-18-2005, 07:12 AM
I'm definitely not loving Keg's balls this week

Kick him right in his crystal balls.

Bob Dole
09-18-2005, 07:56 AM
Bob Dole looked into his crystal ball and saw Sammy Knight laying a hit on Moss that made him mewl like a little kitten. Bob Dole was so busy laughing at Moss that he forgot to check the scoreboard.

Hammock Parties
09-18-2005, 07:58 AM
SO ready for someone to lay the wood. I didn't see any of that last week.

Baby Lee
09-18-2005, 08:09 AM
When you pit the O DV/AS gives us, and the D Gun is giving us, against milquetoast Norv, it takes some damn big outliers for me to be pessimistic about the game. Nothing on the O side, outside of losing Green would make me pessimistic. Sims on the D side isn't big enough. Maybe if it turns out Surtain is still thinking 'I'm Batman' the pessimism would rise.
But I'm expecting a win.