PDA

View Full Version : Gunthers influence on Vermeil.

bishop_74
09-17-2005, 10:40 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/09/16/qa_with_dick_vermeil33/

Q: How hard is it to simulate Raiders WR Randy Moss this week?

VERMEIL: “We only know what they did with him last week. He is a gifted player and he is going to catch some footballs. We just have to make sure he doesn’t catch them behind us. Then we tackle him and hit him. Make it hurt when he catches it.”

mlyonsd
09-17-2005, 10:43 PM
Just an observation but you have to be able to catch him first.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-17-2005, 10:44 PM
That's like going from wiping with toilet paper, to wiping with paper towels. It's still soft, but not that soft. DV will always be a softy, Gun a hard ass.

HolmeZz
09-17-2005, 10:45 PM
WE'RE GONNA GET THAT SUMBITCHES UNIFORM DIRTY, AREN'T WE BOYS?

bishop_74
09-17-2005, 10:48 PM
That's like going from wiping with toilet paper, to wiping with paper towels. It's still soft, but not that soft. DV will always be a softy, Gun a hard ass.

Progress is important... and I think it is more like using a brillo pad than paper towels.

CoMoChief
09-18-2005, 12:41 AM
Dick Vermeil is a soft taco.

tk13
09-18-2005, 12:44 AM
I don't know, DV has always talked about having a "level of violence" in football... that's one of the things he loved about Welbourn when we got him, he had so much "violence" to his game. He's just very "nice" in wording it. :)

J Diddy
09-18-2005, 12:46 AM
Dick Vermeil is a soft taco.

Typical closet Dick fan.

You know you like the dick, you know you want the dick.

Just take the dick, live with the dick, and don't hate the dick.

Rausch
09-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Typical closet Dick fan.

You know you like the dick, you know you want the dick.

Just take the dick, live with the dick, and don't hate the dick.

J Diddy
09-18-2005, 01:10 AM
Is this the pic you look at when, at night behind closed doors, you are loving on the dick?

Otter
09-18-2005, 01:32 AM
I love Gun.

He may not be head coaching material and I'm probably not CEO material but may we both kick the living sh1t out of the competition in which what we're good.

Rausch
09-18-2005, 01:49 AM
Gun: **** offense, man! **** the nice guy approach! We are God's unwanted children? So be it! Defense is your salvation!
DV: OK. Give me some water!
Gun: Listen, you can run water over your hand and make it worse or...
[SMACK!] look at me... or you can use blitzing, some ****ing gonads, and I'll give you some vinegar to neutralize the burn.
DV: Please let me have it... *Please*!
Gun: First you have to toughen up, first you have to *know*... not fear... *know*... that you're gonna' rip the raiders a new turd tunnel.
DV: OK! OK!
Gun: [flips the cap off the vinegar and pours it over DV's hand] Good. You have learned a very important lesson...

Pants
09-18-2005, 02:23 AM
Gun: **** offense, man! **** the nice guy approach! We are God's unwanted children? So be it! Defense is your salvation!
[SMACK!] look at me... or you can use and blitzing, some ****ing gonads, and I'll give you some vinegar to neutralize the burn.
Gun: First you have to toughen up, first you have to *know*... not fear... *know*... that you're gonna' rip the raiders a new turd tunnel.
Gun: [flips the cap off the vinegar and pours it over DV's hand] Good. You have learned a very important lesson...

ROFL

Redcoats58
09-18-2005, 04:51 AM
[SMACK!] look at me... or you can use blitzing, some ****ing gonads, and I'll give you some vinegar to neutralize the burn.
Great. I hope we dont see Vermeil at halftime beating the sh*t out of himself.

MichaelH
09-18-2005, 05:46 AM
True, Moss will catch some passes today and might get a TD or two. But if he can get hit, he'll crumble quicker than Pennington did last week. Moss is a gifted athlete, but he's also a puss. Hurt him and he'll sit down the rest of the game. I'm sure Gun knows this. I can't wait for this evening!

wazu
09-18-2005, 08:01 AM
The key is not stopping Randy Moss. That is nearly impossible. The key is returning the favor with a score of our own when he scores. Randy put up great stats week after week in Minnesota, but they lost plenty of games.

4th and Long
09-18-2005, 08:30 AM
Let's look at what Moss did last week against New England.

Incomplete/dropped passes in red.
Catches in black.

1st quarter

1-10-OAK39 (13:34) K.Collins pass to R.Moss to NE 32 for 29 yards (E.Wilson). Penalty on NE-R.Seymour, Encroachment, declined.
2-18-OAK37 (5:19) K.Collins pass incomplete to R.Moss.
3-18-OAK37 (5:13) K.Collins pass incomplete to R.Moss.

2nd quarter

1-10-OAK27 (9:04) K.Collins pass to R.Moss for 73 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
1-10-OAK32 (4:43) K.Collins pass incomplete to R.Moss.

3rd quarter

3-2-OAK12 (11:15) K.Collins pass incomplete to R.Moss.
3-8-OAK6 (8:32) K.Collins pass incomplete to R.Moss.
1-10-OAK11 (4:59) K.Collins pass incomplete to R.Moss.
1-20-OAK31 (1:36) K.Collins pass to R.Moss pushed ob at OAK 37 for 6 yards (C.Scott).

4th quarter

1-23-OAK14 (13:50) K.Collins pass to R.Moss to OAK 32 for 18 yards (A.Samuel).
2-10-NE46 (12:20) K.Collins pass incomplete to R.Moss.
1-10-NE21 (7:54) K.Collins pass incomplete to R.Moss.
3-23-NE34 (7:43) K.Collins pass incomplete to R.Moss (E.Wilson).
* 1-10-NE21 (4:01) K.Collins pass incomplete to R.Moss. PENALTY on NE-A.Samuel, Defensive Pass Interference, 6 yards, enforced at NE 21 - No Play.
1-10-NE15 (3:57) K.Collins pass incomplete to R.Moss.
3-3-NE8 (3:19) K.Collins pass to R.Moss ran ob at NE 4 for 4 yards.
TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. K.Collins pass to R.Moss is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS. Penalty on OAK-R.Moss, Offensive Pass Interference, declined.

5 catches. 2 short catches, 2 catches for first down yardage and 1 long catch for a score.

12 incomplete/dropped passes (one involved a penalty but I do not know if it directly involved Moss or not).

Moss is a play maker. He can and will get deep on you. That being said and looking at all the red above, he can also be covered. He can also make Collins do some stupid things because hey, HE'S RANDY FREAKIN' MOSS! Hell, I watched Collins throw, incomplete I might add, into triple coverage to Moss last week.

Please, oh please, do that this week. :D

Baby Lee
09-18-2005, 08:36 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=47012&stc=1
Dude, keep it up and I'm gonna start charging royalties. ;)

Baby Lee
09-18-2005, 08:37 AM
Need some of that John Wayne brand TP;

It's rough, it's tough, and it don't take shit off nobody!!

:thumb: