PDA

View Full Version : Does Indy really have a defense now?

KChiefs1
09-18-2005, 02:23 PM
I know it's only Baltimore & Jacksonville, but they've only given up 10pts this season! With a defense like that Manning & the Colts should go 16-0. :hmmm:

Spicy McHaggis
09-18-2005, 02:25 PM
As you said it is only Baltimore and Jacksonville.

dred
09-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Thats also two straight games where the Colts D have maimed the opposing QB.

Man they did a number on Leftwich today. NASTY sack sammich topped by multiple sticks from Freeney and co.

tk13
09-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Well they had a great pass rush with the front four last year. They still have that, they abused the Jags D line. They look more like the defense Dungy was looking for though, lots of quick guys flying around the ball, quick front four, dropping back in zone coverage. They certainly seem more effective so far, I still think the Chiefs match up really well with them though, because we can just plow over them...

BigVE
09-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Colts look very scarey right now.

milkman
09-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Colts look very scarey right now.

I'll wait until they actually play against an offense before I start worrying about whether they have a D.

tk13
09-18-2005, 06:15 PM
I'll wait until they actually play against an offense before I start worrying about whether they have a D.
That's the problem... they don't play anybody until New England in week 8 or 9 or whatever.

I think they're legitimately at least a little better because they have Bob Sanders for a full year and Marlin Jackson, both those guys are gonna be solid DB's. I agree that I think a power team can run them over though. Problem is they don't face that many great offenses really all season.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-18-2005, 06:17 PM
That's the problem... they don't play anybody until New England in week 8 or 9 or whatever.

I think they're legitimately at least a little better because they have Bob Sanders for a full year and Marlin Jackson, both those guys are gonna be solid DB's. I agree that I think a power team can run them over though. Problem is they don't face that many great offenses.

If they beat NE, they'll have homefield in the AFC.

That is, if KC or Pit implode...

Either way, they just have too many cupcakes. If they stay healthy, and beat NE,......1st or 2nd seed for them possibly.

banyon
09-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Maybe Corey Simon was a good addition?

Carl Peterson...not interested. We're good with Ryan Sims.

Deberg_1990
09-18-2005, 06:27 PM

I think they're legitimately at least a little better because they have Bob Sanders for a full year and Marlin Jackson, both those guys are gonna be solid DB's. I agree that I think a power team can run them over though. Problem is they don't face that many great offenses really all season.

Yes, agreed. They are very scary of their D is for real. Kinda like us. But like you mentioned, we match up well because we can plow over them with our running game. As well, I dont think they have had much success over New England is because they dont have a power run game. They rely too much on the pass for some odd reason? IM guessing its the Mannning (Marino) factor.

Miles
09-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Maybe Corey Simon was a good addition?

Carl Peterson...not interested. We're good with Ryan Sims.

I dont think he played today. He also looked like he has eaten better than sims during the offseason.

Ultra Peanut
09-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Wouldn't that be our luck, though? It's the AFC Championship game, we hold the Colts to 13 points... and we lose 13-7.

dred
09-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Yes, agreed. They are very scary of their D is for real. Kinda like us. But like you mentioned, we match up well because we can plow over them with our running game. As well, I dont think they have had much success over New England is because they dont have a power run game. They rely too much on the pass for some odd reason? IM guessing its the Mannning (Marino) factor.
You obviously didn't watch today's game then.

Edge racked 128 yards rushing against one of the stingiest D's in the league. You just don't see teams breaking over 100 yards on Jacksonville everyday.

Manning's pass game was pretty much non-existant IMO.