PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss vs Pat Surtain

alnorth
09-18-2005, 05:44 PM
Who wins this matchup tonight? As much as I liked Surtain last week, its hard to pick against Moss when our guy got knocked silly and out of the game last week. I'll say Surtain "loses" the matchup but limits Moss to merely respectable yardage and no TD's.

petegz28
09-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Depends if they keep Surtain on Moss all night. Not sure if they are going too or not. I would say that even so there will always be double coverage on Moss.

milkman
09-18-2005, 05:46 PM
I don't think we'll see them matched up most of the time.

Moss will spend most of the game matched up against McPassOn.

Wesley is going to have to really step up and provide help.

Warrior5
09-18-2005, 05:47 PM
I don't think Surtain will line up across from Moss most of the time, if at all.

KCJake
09-18-2005, 05:48 PM
I don't think Surtain will line up across from Moss most of the time, if at all.
Really? So it's up to McCleon to keep Moss under-control? If that's the case, we've already lost.

Deberg_1990
09-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Moss will get his catches.....The key will be how much pressure we are able to get on Collins. Hopefully we can limit the deep ball TD threat.

Warrior5
09-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Really? So it's up to McCleon to keep Moss under-control? If that's the case, we've already lost.

See Deberg's post...I have to believe that Gun has a plan to minimize the capabilities of Moss AND Porter (don't forget him).

dirk digler
09-18-2005, 05:53 PM
If Surtain doesn't cover Moss we better triple coverage him. There is no way McCleon can defend him.

wazu
09-18-2005, 05:54 PM

Don't believe the coachspeak. There is no way that Gunther will really be this stupid. Surtain will be on Randy all night long, and will probably get beaten several times.

Still, at least we have someone respectable to stand in Randy's way. If he wants the big plays, he'll have to earn them.

KCJake
09-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Don't believe the coachspeak. There is no way that Gunther will really be this stupid. Surtain will be on Randy all night long, and will probably get beaten several times.

Still, at least we have someone respectable to stand in Randy's way. If he wants the big plays, he'll have to earn them.
That's more along the lines of what I see happening.

unlurking
09-18-2005, 05:59 PM
I like the idea someone posted earlier in the week. Blanket Porter with Surtain, and double Moss on every play.