PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Sharpe is Randy Cross incarnate

C-Mac
09-18-2005, 08:02 PM
How do we always get these anti Chiefs arrogant butt holes. It wont matter if the Chiefs would win by 30 points he will still blame the Raiders before crediting the Chiefs.
:cuss:

Skip Towne
09-18-2005, 08:15 PM
I turned the sound off. Got tired of the Randy Moss show.

C-Mac
09-18-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm still waiting for him to credit the Chiefs D for anything.....

KCN
09-18-2005, 08:46 PM
I would like to hear them complain about the pass interference call in the end zone again.

C-Mac
09-18-2005, 08:55 PM
Its the Oakland Moss's

Rain Man
09-18-2005, 08:55 PM
I just assumed that I was getting the Raid ers' broadcast team. Sterling Sharpe keeps referring to the Raid ers as "we". Idiot. He's spent too much time around his little brother.

headsnap
09-18-2005, 08:57 PM
who do you think Sterling is rooting for? :rolleyes:

Valiant
09-18-2005, 08:58 PM
no shit, I am glad we always get non-biased broadcasters.. wtf is up with that shit, wonder if I can sue??? Can sue for almost anything else...

Loved how sharpe was talking about moss great td catch and run, but does not say a word about his push off to do it...

Manila-Chief
09-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Anyone know how to write ESPN and complain? I'd like to ask Sharpe how much he is making since he is on the Faiders payroll. It is blatant!!!! And, I'm not a Chiefs homer. I agree with "we" ... that's what I want to see.

Would be okay if he did any ... "here's what I like about the Chiefs." but he doesn't...

Finally, he off handed mentioned our D is improved.

Manila-Chief
09-18-2005, 09:06 PM
no shit, I am glad we always get non-biased broadcasters.. wtf is up with that shit, wonder if I can sue??? Can sue for almost anything else...

Loved how sharpe was talking about moss great td catch and run, but does not say a word about his push off to do it...

I noticed that, too!!! He may not have pushed on the first TD but he definitely did on the last TD.

C-Mac
09-18-2005, 09:25 PM
You would think that Moss is the only player on the field that Sharp can see....idiot!

C-Mac
09-18-2005, 09:40 PM
"The Raiders simply beat themselves" -Sterling Sharp

Skip Towne
09-18-2005, 09:42 PM
The only dumber guy with a big mouth than Sterling is his brother Shannon.

Rain Man
09-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Now that the game is over, Sharpe can run down to the field to get Randy Moss's autograph. Run, Sterling, run!

KcMizzou
09-18-2005, 09:44 PM
C'mon guys...

"Give him a chance to be special."

irishjayhawk
09-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Its like my grandma said, when she put the cat in the washing machine: 'it's not long now'"

ROFL

"Looks like he got shot"

ROFL

teedubya
09-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Uh uh and uh... ee... er... uh and ah...

sounded like Bill Self there for awhile. Horrible announcer.

At least Shannon Sharpe can talk... Sterling was horrendous.

brent102fire
09-18-2005, 09:51 PM
I got so sick of hearing Sterling say "we" and Moss this and Moss that and Moss this etc...I wonder how much Al Davis is paying him. I'm getting sick of the anti-Chiefs commentators. Neutral would be fine, but to have Randy Cross or Sterling Sharpe is ridiculous! :cuss:

Skip Towne
09-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Uh uh and uh... ee... er... uh and ah...

sounded like Bill Self there for awhile. Horrible announcer.

At least Shannon Sharpe can talk... Sterling was horrendous.
Not really, Shannon sounds like he has a mouth full of marbles.

Miles
09-18-2005, 09:52 PM
I didnt mind him at all. He still gave us plenty of credit and wasnt nearly as bad as the usual douchebags that do the sunday games. Sure he keyed on moss too much but it wasnt that big of a deal.

If it would have been the regular crew they would have had facinating backstories about what Moss's shit looks like.

Kerberos
09-18-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm surprised Sterling could even talk coherantly with Randy Moss' cock in his mouth all night. :whackit:

JEEEEZZZUUUSSS he couldn't talk about ANYTHING else but Randy this and Randy that.

I almost turned the sound off myself but I guess I like to be punished cause I kept listening that Sharpe spew his RANDY SH!T.

jettio
09-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Sharpe was having probelms with that neutrality thing.

He must have had money on the game, or his Mom and Jimmy Raye are dating or sum'tin'.

Aside from pulling for the Raiders, he was not any worse than a lot of the ex-players in the booth.

He might have blown his shot, should have known better than to root for one team.

Spott
09-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Damn, all I heard was Moss this, Moss that, blah, blah, blah. He can kiss his ass all he wants, but Randy Moss is 0-2.

C-Mac
09-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Damn, all I heard was Moss this, Moss that, blah, blah, blah. He can kiss his ass all he wants, but Randy Moss is 0-2.

Well it's not Randy's fault, they just didnt throw the ball to him enough.
:D

grandllama
09-18-2005, 10:11 PM
I really, really like the way this thread is going

Straight, No Chaser
09-18-2005, 10:34 PM
How do we always get these anti Chiefs arrogant butt holes...

what game were you listening to?

I certainly agree the production value of ESPIN's telecast was lower than this game/rivalry deserved-- this was their "B" or even "C" team. But I'll take Sharpe over Thiesman anyday. And remember it was Sterling not his pronunciation-challenged, yap-headed brother Shannon.

Sharpe called it pretty evenly by my standards. The scale was tipped a bit toward the Raiders but it was their home opener. He gave plenty of love out to Tony G --even calling him the "best in the game." I'm not really sure how arrogant that statement was... he also gave Trent some props as well. He called into question Norm Turner's use of (or lack thereof) Randy Moss. As big a Raider Hater as I am, I was wondering the same thing. Here's the best receiver in th league and he doesn't even get the ball on the last play.

Randy Cross is a lot worse than Sterling Sharpe, or Shannon Sharpe for that matter.

--->

Rain Man
09-18-2005, 10:41 PM

I certainly agree the production value of ESPIN's telecast was lower than this game/rivalry deserved-- this was their "B" or even "C" team. But I'll take Sharpe over Thiesman anyday. And remember it was Sterling not his pronunciation-challenged, yap-headed brother Shannon.

I was watching the game where 85 percent of the coverage discussed the Raid ers, of which 85 percent was about Randy Moss.

Oh, and I was watching the game where Sterling Sharpe kept referring to the Raid ers as "we". That completely annoyed me.

StcChief
09-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Piss on him.

He's probably still pissed about the monday night game with him and DT getting into it.

Gonzo is breaking his records.

F' him the anti-Chief.

Eleazar
09-18-2005, 10:44 PM
As long as it's going to be this bad, they should have Sterling Sharpe, Michael Irvin, and Deion Sanders all call the same game. At least that would spare most of the league from having to listen tot hem.

KcMizzou
09-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Piss on him.

He's probably still pissed about the monday night game with him and DT getting into it.

Gonzo is breaking his records.

F' him the anti-Chief.Wrong Sharpe brother.... but yeah.

KCN
09-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Eh, toward the 3rd quarter it became so absurd we just laughed it off and made a drinking game out of it.

C-Mac
09-18-2005, 10:49 PM

Sharpe called it pretty evenly by my standards. The scale was tipped a bit toward the Raiders but it was their home opener. He gave plenty of love out to Tony G --even calling him the "best in the game." I'm not really sure how arrogant that statement was... he also gave Trent some props as well. He called into question Norm Turner's use of (or lack thereof) Randy Moss. As big a Raider Hater as I am, I was wondering the same thing. Here's the best receiver in th league and he doesn't even get the ball on the last play.

Randy Cross is a lot worse than Sterling Sharpe, or Shannon Sharpe for that matter.

--->

Tell me how Dante's awsome TD run was never brought up again as "lost points" yet they replayed the Raiders TD call backs over and over.

Straight, No Chaser
09-18-2005, 10:53 PM
I was watching the game where 85 percent of the coverage discussed the Raid ers, of which 85 percent was about Randy Moss.

Oh, and I was watching the game where Sterling Sharpe kept referring to the Raid ers as "we". That completely annoyed me.

Yea, OK, not really sure how you measured the percentages... did you use a stop watch?

The Raiders were probably pimped a bit more, but the Chiefs got theirs too, especially near the end when both Tirico and Sharpe credited the Chief's 15 and 19(?) play drives for FG's as a well executed strategy designed to win the game. Let's face it, a toss to Moss in the end zone and Parker would be this week's finalist in the bone-headed play of the day.

I guess it's just me, but coming in here after a "W" and seeing all the whiners beaching about the announcers not salivating all over the Chiefs all night gets old. We're 2-0 and still flying under the NFL's hype radar. I kind of like flying under the radar.

--->

TRR
09-18-2005, 10:55 PM
Sharpe's commentary was blatantly favoring Oakland. He got a few KC bars in there every now and again, but it was all Oakland and Moss.

I stopped counting how many times Sharpe said, "this is what I like about the Raiders ___________." I didn't hear that more than once about KC.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
Tell me how Dante's awsome TD run was never brought up again as "lost points" yet they replayed the Raiders TD call backs over and over.

Because that play did not involve Randy Moss........ he would have been involved in the play but he had to leave real quick to save a little boy from drowning, and while on his way back put out a house fire, saving an entire family in the process.

But hell you have to give him a little break, he can't do everything and be every where all the time, regardless of what Sterling Sharpe says.

:banghead:

Mecca
Well, you have to take a few things into account. I've heard a few announcers talk about going into cities on the radio before. Where they basically say you spend 3 days with the home team and 3 hours with the road team. So the home team almost always gets the favorable coverage.

Another point to remember is well Sterling Sharpe doesn't like us. He said the Jets were going to hammer us last week, on his NFL Network show.

And of course let's take into account the former star WR must suck off the new big star WR.

philfree
09-18-2005, 11:03 PM
I was reaching for the tuner button and stopped. I decided I wanted lsiten to the Raiders/Moss love fest so I could further develope my hate for the Raiders, Sterling Sharpe and the rest. Unbelievable!

PhilFree:arrow:

Bwana
09-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Sterling Sharpe is a ball sniffer. He had his head so far up Randy Moss's ass, I'm surprised he didn't need scuba gear to survive. Other than Randi Cross, he is the worst that has ever hit the air waves.

philfree
09-18-2005, 11:08 PM
I was reaching for the tuner button and stopped. I decided I wanted lsiten to the Raiders/Moss love fest so I could further develope my hate for the Raiders, Sterling Sharpe and the rest. Unbelievable!

Sterling Sharpe-(the Chiefs are ahead and have stuffed the run and the Raiders get one good running play) " Now that's what I like to see!"

[Repaeat]

Earthling
09-18-2005, 11:16 PM
Sterling Sharpe is a ball sniffer. He had his head so far up Randy Moss's ass, I'm surprised he didn't need scuba gear to survive. Other than Randi Cross, he is the worst that has ever hit the air waves.
ROFL ROFL Yep.

Chief Chief
09-19-2005, 12:07 AM
C'mon guys...

"Give him a chance to be special."

ROFL

He'd also repeat the phrase "in the flow of the game" as in:

"Ya gotta pass the ball to Randy Moss and get him in the flow of the game."

He did say positive stuff about Trent and Tony in the second half. I'm sure he was informed at halftime that there were at least 43 other players out there that he needed to say something about.

But I've gotta give credit to Sterling for the unique talent he brings to the broadcast booth: his superior skills as a ventriloquist! Did ya notice how clearly he announced the exceptional qualities of Oakland's #1 wide receiver while stuffing the cock of Randy Moss down his throat? BTW, Sterling didn't just swallow...he swished and swallowed!!

trndobrd
09-19-2005, 02:53 AM
It wasn't just Sterling Sharpe, it was the entire coverage team. At one point while the Chiefs were driving, they put the game on small screen and ran some interview snipped with Moss.

"Randy Moss has really helped the Raiders defense"

"A 15 play drive, really with 19 snaps, and a field goal....I would have to chalk that up as a victory for the Raiders defense."

Pants
09-19-2005, 03:05 AM
You know that hack only mentioned how good TG and TG are because he was told by the producers to stop sucking so much Raider dick. This was a national broadcast on ESPN FFS! Hell, even local commentators aren't as stupidly biased.

Ultra Peanut
09-19-2005, 03:14 AM
Sterling Sharpe is the white Randy Cross.

headsnap
09-19-2005, 05:12 AM
I guess it's just me, but coming in here after a "W" and seeing all the whiners beaching about the announcers not salivating all over the Chiefs all night gets old. We're 2-0 and still flying under the NFL's hype radar. I kind of like flying under the radar.

--->

I will definitely take the 'win' for the Chiefs...

but, I am having second thoughts of recording this game off TiVo. :mad:

Baby Lee
09-19-2005, 05:42 AM
The were probably pimped a bit more, but the Chiefs got theirs too, especially near the end when both Tirico and Sharpe credited the Chief's 15 and 19(?) play drives for FG's as a well executed strategy designed to win the game.
You mean when Sharpie said "I like what I see out of this Raider's defense" 80 some odd times as we marched down the field?

1adam1238
09-19-2005, 05:49 AM
I thought Sharpie was going to do the halftime show on the 50 yard line. Swallow Randy Moss on pay-per-view!!!!!

Midway Chief
09-19-2005, 06:04 AM
Would it be racist if we put a burning Randy Cross in Sterling Sharps yard?

mcan
09-19-2005, 06:20 AM

"A 15 play drive, really with 19 snaps, and a field goal....I would have to chalk that up as a victory for the Raiders defense."

Those were great. After the "victory for the defense" speech I turned to my friend and yelled, "What the hell is he talking about? You know most coaches consider 3 first downs a successfull offensive drive, whether you score or not? We just drove the length of the field and ate up the clock for the entire 3rd quarter, and added to our lead, and somehow that's a win for the Raiders' D?"

Right about then, they showed the split screen of the replay of Randy Moss' touchdown catch on the left, and Barry Bonds' homeruns on the right.

NewChief
09-19-2005, 06:39 AM
I thought it was pretty entertaining, honestly. At first I was mad about it, but after a while, I was just amused. Best moment:

Our entire group was laughing about the Moss lovefest on a particular series and making jokes the whole time. Saying stuff like, "He's no Randy Moss." and "Moss could have done it better." because the number of Moss references had gotten disgusting. The Raiders punt and, no kidding, Sharp says, "We'll get back to Randy Moss in a bit." :shake:

We're driving down the field, and they're showing Randy Moss on the sideline. They do a split screen to show somethign going on in Baseball, and you know what they're showing in the meantime in the NFL side of the split screen? Randy Moss, standing on the sidelines, arms crossed. It was ludicrous.

NewChief
09-19-2005, 06:40 AM

ROFL

I also like when we're taking a knee to run out the game and the announcers are saying, "This Raider team really impressed me tonight."

Chief Henry
09-19-2005, 06:48 AM
"I like what I'm seeing"

Did you here the one comment he made about Tony G., he led into the commetn by saying something like: "now that my brothers retired"
Tony G. is now the best tight end."

jettio
09-19-2005, 07:09 AM
You know that hack only mentioned how good TG and TG are because he was told by the producers to stop sucking so much Raider dick. This was a national broadcast on ESPN FFS! Hell, even local commentators aren't as stupidly biased.

That is a good point. You know the director was tellng him to be more neutral.

I think he had to have money on the game or had Moss for his fantasy team.

He was getting mad at the Raiders when they screwed up something, and was demanding evidence for key Raider penalties, which except for the Moss TD, were clearly penalities.

I think he knows football and he did a good job of talking about the game and being understandable, he just acted like a guy who had bet the beach house on the game and was pissed that he was losing his wager.

Bearcat
09-19-2005, 07:09 AM

--->

I don't like reading about fans' insecurities about how the national media doesn't like the Chiefs, even though Jaws has carried around the Chiefs Blueprint to the Super Bowl for the last 4 years, and how we actually get quite a bit of coverage.

That said, I was going between the radio broadcast and ESPN's, and ESPN's was really bad. I'd turn it up whenever they had sideline reports or when they showed Chiefs stats, and during the second half it seemed like it was all Raiders. I understand marketing Randy Moss, and I don't mind that to an extent, but jeez....Towards the end, Sharpe said he was really impressed with the Raiders defense, and really impressed with where they were going, and just overall really impressed.... and oh yeah, impressed with the team that just beat them, too. :shake:

chagrin
09-19-2005, 07:11 AM
I have to admit, it was a pleasure not to listen to Theesman and McQuire all night having their usual pissing match and nonsensical yammerin' - Sterling is not very good doing "color" commentary but I will take him over those other two...

P.S. My favorite Sterling moment last night came after Porter caught like 5 passes and Sterling was saying how well prepared he was, etc. then after 2 or 2 plays with no forward progress, Stelring says, "These Oakland WR's are just not playing with passion, they didn't come prepared at all today, I'm disappointed."

And by the way, Listening to his horse faced jackass brother calling highlights yesterday at the halftime show? Yikes! He and Michael Irvin are by far the WORST on air "talent" I have ever heard, period - including high school, college TV and radio.

Michael - "Tewwell Owenth ith the besth Wide Wetheiver eva..."

Thannon - "The Denva Broncoth cuwwently aw behind to the Chaaagahs.."

These two need to PLEASE do something else!

And somebody just shoot Boomer "I throw down the middle pretty well" Esiason already?

Lzen
09-19-2005, 08:22 AM

Yes, it was the whole entire ESPN telecast, not just Sharpe. From the very beginning, it was as if they were only there to stroke the Raiduhs and Moss. Although Sharpe can go take a dive off the Golden Gate Bridge for all I care. This is the same jackass that was on a show on the NFL Network just before the season opener. He was breaking down how so and so made a great play "against the Chiefs defense". He kept saying over and over in a smart ass tone "once again, against the Chiefs defense". The game he spent a lot of time breaking down was that preseason game against Minnesota. Heh, I guess he didn't watch the other games. What's Minnesota's record again? Idiot. 4321

Warrior5
09-19-2005, 08:23 AM

Harumph to you, sir...couldn't have said it better. :thumb:

Adding the "radar" aspect to "one game at a time".

Lzen
09-19-2005, 08:26 AM

That's awesome. Can I use that in my email to ESPN? :evil:

HemiEd
09-19-2005, 08:29 AM

I was starting to think I saw it wrong or something. He should have had that one called back to, but the refs let it stand for a make up call.

Imon Yourside
09-19-2005, 08:34 AM
"I like what I'm seeing"

Did you here the one comment he made about Tony G., he led into the commetn by saying something like: "now that my brothers retired"
Tony G. is now the best tight end."

I was wondering what he was saying, now that you put it in print, i get it now. I was imagining a decent SNF crew announcing amongst the endless babbling.

munkey
09-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Yes, it was the whole entire ESPN telecast, not just Sharpe. From the very beginning, it was as if they were only there to stroke the Raiduhs and Moss. Although Sharpe can go take a dive off the Golden Gate Bridge for all I care. This is the same jackass that was on a show on the NFL Network just before the season opener. He was breaking down how so and so made a great play "against the Chiefs defense". He kept saying over and over in a smart ass tone "once again, against the Chiefs defense". The game he spent a lot of time breaking down was that preseason game against Minnesota. Heh, I guess he didn't watch the other games. What's Minnesota's record again? Idiot. 4321

I too had a really hard time listening to the game...A little love for Randy I understand but the hype wagon on this guy went waaaayy overboard with the trade to Chokeland. I especially loved this "Randy is the best athlete and person/team player I've ever been around and makes this whole team better" - Warren Sapp.

My favorite part in the game is when even Mike Tericco (sp) commented to Sharpe "The way you talk about Randy you'd think he's the best reciever in football" of which Sharpe responded with a "no - TO is the best all around reciever".... ROFL ...

F'n pricless...